***** OFFICIAL TRUMP IMPEACHMENT THREAD *****

899,842 Views | 9220 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by Pizza
BrokeAssAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
News conference starting soon....

https://www.c-span.org/video/?467261-1/house-democrats-news-conference-impeachment-inquiry&live
Brutal Puffin
AG
It's almost if Republicans are afraid to win.
ProgN
I believe it's more about some dirty Republicans that will get snared by a Ukraine and coup attempt investigation and prosecution. They're apart of the swamp. Progressivism infects Republicans just like it infects Democrats.
Brutal Puffin
AG
No doubt.
BusterAg
AG
RGLAG85 said:

Unfortunately the Senate is just going to dismiss it on grounds of lack of evidence and not hold a trial. It's frustrating to think that they have no desire to shine a light on this sham. So many need to account for their, at best, misdeeds and at worst, their corruption and treasonous sedition. No one will be held accountable from the left and it will only embolden them to try again.

Tin foil hat here. I'm afraid a deal has already been struck here, the house will impeach to placate their base then the Senate will just dismiss thinking it will make their base happy with minimal damage. Then they'll all go have cocktails together.
I think that you are right.

To be honest, I am almost OK with this. I would rather the Senate go nuclear on all of this corruption, and the GOP to expel it's own corrupt members. Clean house, get your ship right. Unfortunately, that was never going to happen, and it is lunacy to expect anything of the sort from the DC cesspool.

The reality is, the GOP has 2020 locked up as of now. Not only the white house and the senate, but the House is starting to look pretty good as well. One thing that could derail that would be Trump stomping on his own junk while testifying at trial. He will not be good on the stand. His bravado is bigger than his sensibilities. The GOP does not want him to testify, and with good reason.

I think that the best we can hope for is a strong statement on why the Senate never even takes up the trial. They could point out that the House never even explored whether or not an investigation into Burisama was a legitimate part of the President's job to root out corruption. Since the House started with the assumption that the request for an investigation was all about personal gain, without providing any evidence of that assumption, the House does not have any support for their allegations. When paired with the ample testimony of people saying that the President did nothing wrong, or committed no high crimes or misdemeanors, there is no reason to hold a trial, and everyone should get back to business.
txaggie_08
AG
RGLAG85 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

Rapier108 said:

This isn't just weak sauce, this is weaker than distilled water.

Quote:

Democrats plan to announce two articles of impeachment abuse of power and obstruction of Congress against President Donald Trump on Tuesday, multiple sources told NBC News on Monday night.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/trump-impeachment-inquiry/democrats-introduce-articles-impeachment-against-trump-tuesday-n1098781
The write-up is expected Wed or Thurs. The GOP needs to announce they will take up the hearings in the Senate, and provide the list of witnesses they will Subpoena.

Schiff
Schiff staff worker that helped WB
Berka
Whistle blower
6 people the WB relied on
All the same cast that Schiff put on
Joe Biden
Hunter Biden
John Kerry's step son
Goldman - He needs to testify on who gave up the phone numbers

Let the Dems know the Trial will go forward if Articles of Impeachment are delivered to them.

Unfortunately the Senate is just going to dismiss it on grounds of lack of evidence and not hold a trial. It's frustrating to think that they have no desire to shine a light on this sham. So many need to account for their, at best, misdeeds and at worst, their corruption and treasonous sedition. No one will be held accountable from the left and it will only embolden them to try again.

Tin foil hat here. I'm afraid a deal has already been struck here, the house will impeach to placate their base then the Senate will just dismiss thinking it will make their base happy with minimal damage. Then they'll all go have cocktails together.

The Senate needs to have a trial to refute all of this. If there is no trial, it's going to be a year's worth of the Democrats and the Press telling America that Trump is going to steal "another" election from outside interference. This is the Dems strategy to keep their narrative going that Trump is somehow an illegitimate President. The Senate needs to put an end to this through a trial, or you know what we will be hearing from Pelosi, Schiff, Nadler and all other lunatic lefties for the next 11 months.
txaggie_08
AG
BusterAg said:

RGLAG85 said:

I think that you are right.

To be honest, I am almost OK with this. I would rather the Senate go nuclear on all of this corruption, and the GOP to expel it's own corrupt members. Clean house, get your ship right. Unfortunately, that was never going to happen, and it is lunacy to expect anything of the sort from the DC cesspool.

The reality is, the GOP has 2020 locked up as of now. Not only the white house and the senate, but the House is starting to look pretty good as well. One thing that could derail that would be Trump stomping on his own junk while testifying at trial. He will not be good on the stand. His bravado is bigger than his sensibilities. The GOP does not want him to testify, and with good reason.

I think that the best we can hope for is a strong statement on why the Senate never even takes up the trial. They could point out that the House never even explored whether or not an investigation into Burisama was a legitimate part of the President's job to root out corruption. Since the House started with the assumption that the request for an investigation was all about personal gain, without providing any evidence of that assumption, the House does not have any support for their allegations. When paired with the ample testimony of people saying that the President did nothing wrong, or committed no high crimes or misdemeanors, there is no reason to hold a trial, and everyone should get back to business.

Trump would never be called to the stand. He doesn't have to prove his innocence. The Senate trial would be for nothing else but to punch holes in the Dems narrative and hopefully shine light on corruption.
aggieforester05
AG
Would it be possible to get Obama on the stand to testify about Biden's activities during that time? Would be awesome to get that lying sack under oath.
SeMgCo87
AG

Quote:

.....but really, TexAgs should add a feature where certain phrases, from either side, are deleted once they've been used ad nauseam.
Eh...

I think that could be interpreted as TA editing content, risking being designated a publisher and responsible for said content.

Possible that could change TA as a forum.

My opinion...

Gary Johnson
Some of you guys are living in a Fox news fantasy bubble. Trump is guilty as hell which is why he's blocking testimony and documents. If this was just a big misunderstanding they could have easily ended this all weeks ago and embarrassed the dems in the process.
Rockdoc
AG
Lol love it. Ship going down. Liberals on board.
aggiehawg
AG
Gary Johnson said:

Some of you guys are living in a Fox news fantasy bubble. Trump is guilty as hell which is why he's blocking testimony and documents. If this was just a big misunderstanding they could have easily ended this all weeks ago and embarrassed the dems in the process.
Guilty of WHAT?????
backintexas2013
AG
Gary Johnson said:

So he is going to found guilty?
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Gary Johnson said:

I don't think I've seen a poster more broken by Trump than this one. Wow.
FriscoKid
AG
aggiehawg said:

Gary Johnson said:

Guilty of WHAT?????

Exactly. The two articles don't even accuse him of a crime.
houag80
AG
The ******* loons have come out to play.
FriscoKid
AG
Markets are unaffected by the articles of impeachment. Wall St gets it.
aggieforester05
AG
Gary Johnson said:

Sounds like you are living firmly in a liberal propaganda bubble. Absolutely pathetic that an educated individual and supposed libertarian, would side with the lying scum bag Democrats. WTF are you thinking?
hbtheduce
AG
Gary Johnson said:

Everyone knows that if you don't give testimony/evidence without a legal warrant, obviously its because of guilt. Anti-American garbage take.
will25u
Gary Johnson said:

If he was REALLY guilty, the Democrats would have subpoenaed(with a real subpoena). Then the President would have invoked Executive Privilege, and then the Democrats would have gone to the SC to get a ruling.

Why did they not do this? IF you are 100% convinced that someone is guilty wouldn't you exhaust EVERY angle to get that conviction? Instead of just making up laws that someone broke(bribery, extortion) and then not even attempt to state those crimes?
captkirk
AG
GCP12
AG
blindey said:

Gary Johnson said:

I don't think I've seen a poster more broken by Trump than this one. Wow.
aggieforester05
AG
hbtheduce said:

Gary Johnson said:

Everyone knows that if you don't give testimony/evidence without a legal warrant, obviously its because of guilt. Anti-American garbage take.
I sat on a felony jury where the defendant testified. No way would I ever take the stand after watching that. Perjury traps would be abundant if Trump were to testify and then he'd be in the same boat as slick Willie was then.
BrokeAssAggie
Gary Johnson said:

Did you watch any of the hearings or did you just read CNN and Twitter?
tsuag10
AG
captkirk said:

Cue the idiots in the media saying that Gaetz is advocating for violence against members of Congress.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Gotta love Libs

"Executive Privilege doesn't exist for Trump because we hate him! If you have nothing to hide then you should definitely talk to the cops and the DA without a lawyer present! They're on YOUR side!"

Do you Libs EVER just listen yourselves?
Spotted Ag
AG
Gary Johnson said:

It's going to be a looooooooong 5 yrs for you, Gary. In the words of John Kennedy, "IT MUST SUCK TO BE THAT DUMB!"
Covidians, Communists, CNN, FOX, and all other MSM are enemies of the state and should be treated as such.
Agnzona
Faux Libertarian Fox News is vehemently ant Trump. There is no Fox news bubble.
"Fort Worth where the West begins...and Dallas is where the East peters out!"
Spotted Ag
AG
It's 10:25 AM on December 10, 2019 and Donald J. Trump is STILL your POTUS!
Covidians, Communists, CNN, FOX, and all other MSM are enemies of the state and should be treated as such.
aggiehawg
AG
As usual, Andy McCarthy gets right to the point.

Quote:

Here is what you need to understand the House Judiciary Committee's impeachment hearings on Monday: According to Democrats, any investigation of possible Democratic corruption, or of Democratic collusion with foreign officials to interfere in our elections, is itself impeachable interference in our elections.

Seriously.

Numerous problems mar the impeachment process not least the rush to judgment. Democrats have been rushing congressional proceedings until they catch up with the judgment that the president must be impeached, a judgment House Democrats have already drawn. The haste rubs many Americans the wrong way.

Quote:

The public wonders: What's the rush? After all, Democrats apparently didn't think the "crisis" was so dire that their Thanksgiving holiday should be postponed. In 11 months, the American people will be able to boot President Trump from office if they believe he is unfit. So why should the political class be permitted to pre-empt voters?

Finally, Democrats have come up with an answer: Trump must be removed, because he is bent on colluding with foreign powers to interfere in our elections; he will do it "again" if he isn't stripped of power.

LINK

johnnyblaze36
AG
Looks like they are finally sensing the boomerang effect this sham is destined to have on them:

Ellis Wyatt
Gary Johnson said:

Some of you guys are living in a Fox news fantasy bubble. Trump is guilty as hell
Liar.
ProgN
I can't stand your school but I love you Ellis.
policywonk98
AG
Gary Johnson said:

I haven't had cable in 15 years and I didnt vote for Trump. So my analysis of the situation is my own and based upon my own experience inside the beltway.

Trump is guilty of alot of things. Bad taste, narcissism, being a New Yorker, being more liberal than me, being thin skinned, focusing too much on people's personal attacks, and I can go on. All of those make him someone I would never really choose to support personally, but they dont make him a criminal.

But in terms of what you should actually impeach a president for. Nope. He's guilty of being an outsider. And where the Dems are trying to create the perception of illegal activity is what amounts to trying to attach Trump's unwillingness to do things the "right way" as somehow nefarious and criminal.

Like I said on another matter in another thread. If you beleive he did something that requires impeachment you are lieing to yourself or you are just a liar.

There are numerous reasons why you protect your inner circles of advisors from testifying before a politically charged congressional hearing that have nothing to do with illegal behavior. Suggesting otherwise makes you either naive or a liar.
Brutal Puffin
AG
Gary Johnson said:

You live in a haze, Gary Johnson.
First Page Last Page
Page 153 of 264

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.