Black gay actor assaulted by "MAGA supporters"

693,592 Views | 4506 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by agent-maroon
Oyster DuPree
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
All this proves is that Trump's toxic rhetoric is capable of turning Nigerians into 'MAGA supporters' and inner-city Chicago into 'MAGA country'. Could this be the beginning of the end for this administration?
Courtesy Flush
AG
annie88 said:

Real ones do exist but not at the rate of the left wants to believe. They literally think a racist or a white supremacist is waiting around every corner and that is just simply bull*****
That is a legitimate question that I have. Do they actually believe that to be true or do they just say it is true so that the uneducated/uninformed individuals in this country believe it to be true?
AGHouston11
AG
annie88 said:

That this is one of the main points you take from this is really very sad.

Real ones do exist but not at the rate of the left wants to believe. They literally think a racist or a white supremacist is waiting around every corner and that is just simply bull***** And in the last few years the fake crimes have increased exponentially. I would say that right now every 7-8 out of 10 are fake perpetrated by those on the left that want to try and make it look like Trumps fault. It isn't.

The fakers should be prosecuted the same as a hate crime!
annie88
AG
Rufnek said:

annie88 said:

Real ones do exist but not at the rate of the left wants to believe. They literally think a racist or a white supremacist is waiting around every corner and that is just simply bull*****
That is a legitimate question that I have. Do they actually believe that to be true or do they just say it is true so that the uneducated/uninformed individuals in this country believe it to be true?
I would think a little bit of both. Some know it's BS, but hate Trump so much they actually want to see these things happen, so when they don't, they perpetrate them thinking they won't get caught and even when they do, that part dies down and people move on without admitting the hoaxes or making excuses for thrn. Others see everything in their lives as racist so this is just one more thing.

Either way, both are pathetically sad ways to live.
Ellis Wyatt
BallerStaf2003 said:

RAB91 said:

Just because some crazy black dude stupidly fakes a hate crime doesn't mean real ones don't exist.

That's a huge reason why this pisses me off so badly. People like him are diminishing the power of real assaults
What are they 100 to 1 fake to real? 1000 to 1?
Mr_mo8268
AG
So has the MSM picked up the hoax? Will they report it? Wil CPD do anything or will this die down and be swept under a big rug?
agsquirrel97
AG
agsquirrel97 said:

48 hour rule in effect for me.

Punishment should be the same for the perpetrators or the victim depending on what comes to light. Perps should obviously serve some time in federal pound you in the ass prison, so should the person who knowingly filed false police reports.

Popcorn is in the microwave for me.
bump from page 3
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

RAB91 said:

Just because some crazy black dude stupidly fakes a hate crime doesn't mean real ones don't exist.

That's a huge reason why this pisses me off so badly. People like him are diminishing the power of real assaults

poor wording.....maybe

"diminishing the effectiveness of reporting real assaults"

the assaults having power just seems crude

bobbranco
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

RAB91 said:

We had a thread about this a couple of weeks ago.

Sad that not all 'hate crimes' are real and that such 'hate crimes' are a crime minus the hate.
backintexas2013
AG
Not a hoax? Seriously?

annie88
AG
backintexas2013 said:

Not a hoax? Seriously?

CPD is playing a dangerous game here. Not sure why all that other info came out and now they're downplaying. You watch. It's fake but somehow Jussie will not get any real blame or punishment. I knew Chicago was overwhelmingly liberal, I didn't realize it extended so much into the police force.
powerbelly
AG
Chicago PD doesnt want a riot.
Agnzona
They wouldn't get one. No black goods rat is going to riot over a gay actor faking a hate crime.
"Fort Worth where the West begins...and Dallas is where the East peters out!"
EMY92
AG
Mr_mo8268 said:

So has the MSM picked up the hoax? Will they report it? Wil CPD do anything or will this die down and be swept under a big rug?
I did see on the very early ABC morning news a story about how the claims seem to be falling apart. They included a small clip from his interview on GMA yesterday.
Ellis Wyatt
Chicago is a democrat city. Nothing they do will surprise me.
ABATTBQ11
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

RAB91 said:

Just because real ones exist doesn't mean there is some pandemic or that they're a sign of "Trump's America" either...
Mr_mo8268
AG
annie88 said:

backintexas2013 said:

Not a hoax? Seriously?

CPD is playing a dangerous game here. Not sure why all that other info came out and now they're downplaying. You watch. It's fake but somehow Jussie will not get any real blame or punishment. I knew Chicago was overwhelmingly liberal, I didn't realize it extended so much into the police force.
The CPD have no choice or say in this, they will do/say/tweet whatever they are told. Just pawns in this game
agent-maroon
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

RAB91 said:

Should piss everybody off. "Fake" hate crimes should really be called "staged" hate crimes because they're still a hate crime that's marketed to a different group of bigots.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BassCowboy33
annie88 said:

backintexas2013 said:

Not a hoax? Seriously?

I'd argue they're playing this correctly. The CPD has a very, very strained relationship with the city of Chicago. If they're going to come down on Smollett, they'll have to cross every "T" and dot every "i."

From what Chicago's ABC and CBS affiliates have reported from police sources, it sounds like the CPD figured early on this wasn't a real attack; however, it's their job to look under every rock. If the CPD publicly admitted portions of an ongoing investigation to the media, it would undermine the whole investigation and make them look silly if the public pieces turned out to be incorrect. They have nothing to gain by running a publicly open investigation.

The logical guess is they're going to come down on everything at once or in a minimal amount of time.
DTP02
AG
I'm guessing that the only way CPD can get the Nigerians to own up to the hoax is under threat of prosecution for a real assault. That seems the most likely explanation for what we are seeing right now.

Assuming that it was a hoax, then Smollett has probably been in touch with these guys with promises of payment or career advancement, so they're incentivized to remain silent. The easiest way to break that silence is with threat of prosecution. Just my guess based on what we know.
BlueMiles
AG
Existing crimes include:
Crime
Hate crime
Filing a false report

I am not a fan of "hate crime" (I think a crime is a crime), but if we're going to have that, why not add "filing a false hate crime report" to the books.
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

it's their job to look under every rock.
Bullcrap.

Everyone knows that if it had been a normal citizen that walked in off the street with this fairy tale, they would have taken the report and filed it next to the Ark of the Covenant.

ballchain
BassCowboy33
CanyonAg77 said:

Quote:

it's their job to look under every rock.
Bullcrap.

Everyone knows that if it had been a normal citizen that walked in off the street with this fairy tale, they would have taken the report and filed it next to the Ark of the Covenant.

Oh, I'm not arguing that assigning 12 detectives to the case isn't solely based on politics. But the moment this story hit the media and blew up, filing it away as a crazy-guy-lying wasn't an option.
BadMoonRisin
AG
He couldn't even find two white guys to act like the two white guys he said attacked him?
Mayor West
AG
88planoAg
AG
Now reported as potential suspects.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=newssearch&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjVzK_Ip77gAhVNKawKHcCzCH0QzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.chicagotribune.com%2Fnews%2Flocal%2Fbreaking%2Fct-met-jussie-smollett-persons-of-interest-20190215-story.html&psig=AOvVaw2a4n4GE6RPZ7auO1uzTmhZ&ust=1550339696455125
Prosperdick
AG
88planoAg said:

Now reported as potential suspects.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=newssearch&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjVzK_Ip77gAhVNKawKHcCzCH0QzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.chicagotribune.com%2Fnews%2Flocal%2Fbreaking%2Fct-met-jussie-smollett-persons-of-interest-20190215-story.html&psig=AOvVaw2a4n4GE6RPZ7auO1uzTmhZ&ust=1550339696455125
Quote:

!n an unusual statement, Chicago police said Friday that the two brothers being questioned about a reported attack on "Empire" star Jussie Smollett are now "potential suspects," and detectives have "probable cause" that they may have committed a crime.

The statement, tweeted by police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi, did not say what charges the brothers, both in their 20s, could face. On Thursday, police were describing them only as "persons of interest" and Guglielmi emphasized then that they were not suspects.

It was not known what has changed since the brothers were taken into custody Wednesday night. Detectives had tracked them down through surveillance cameras in the Streeterville area, where Smollett says two men shouted racial and homophobic slurs at him late last month, hit him and wrapped a rope around his neck while yelling, "This is MAGA country!"

Smollett, in his first TV interview Thursday, said he believes the two people captured by those cameras are his attackers. "'Cause I was there," he told "Good Morning America" co-anchor Robin Roberts. "I don't have any doubt in my mind that that's them. Never did."
Excerpt from article.

So now CPD are calling them potential suspects. Get your popcorn ready.
4stringAg
AG
Potential suspects for attacking Smollett or potential suspects in perpetrating a hoax?
tbirdspur2010
AG
annie88 said:

That this is one of the main points you take from this is really very sad.

Real ones do exist but not at the rate of the left wants to believe. They literally think a racist or a white supremacist is waiting around every corner and that is just simply bull***** And in the last few years the fake crimes have increased exponentially. I would say that right now every 7-8 out of 10 are fake perpetrated by those on the left that want to try and make it look like Trumps fault. It isn't.

This is the crux of the issue. These types of hoaxes only serve to drive a political narrative.

The cold hard truth is that there has never been a better time or country in the history of the world to be a minority, female, gay, or any combination thereof than right here in the USA in 2019. And it's not even remotely close.

If ANYTHING, you run a greater risk of being physically assaulted if you dare adorn any paraphernalia that publicly identifies you as right wing. The exact opposite reality of what leftists would have you believe.
bobbranco
AG
4stringAg said:

Potential suspects for attacking Smollett or potential suspects in perpetrating a hoax?
Why not both.gif
Not a Bot
AG
jt2hunt
AG
Charge them with the crime and force them and/or Jussie to come clean.
Belton Ag
AG
They'll both roll on this guy and the whole thing will unravel pretty quickly.
Prosperdick
AG
jt2hunt said:

Charge them with the crime and force them and/or Jussie to come clean.
I think that's the police strategy, and a good one. Jussie made it CRYSTAL clear the two in the video were the ones that attacked him and I'm sure the police, using phone records (and likely footage they haven't released) can prove the Nigerians are those two.

They either get indicted for assault (and tack on hate crime for good measure) or plea arrangement and confess the plot was orchestrated by Jussie.

Now this makes sense:

First Page Last Page
Page 39 of 129

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.