Ocasio-Cortez brilliance

625,656 Views | 4169 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by A New Hope
FrioAg 00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yes. And the folks who created the intellectual property to achieve those gains in productivity are the ones financially rewarded for it
Squadron7
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

Yes. And the folks who created the intellectual property to achieve those gains in productivity are the ones financially rewarded for it

I'll never forget when MicroSoft came out with Drinkserver 95.
Flying Crowbar
AG
Sorry, they didn't build that.
Carlo4
AG
Didn't coworkers of hers come out and say AOC stole tips from them?
BusterAg
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

And the people who risked their capital on expensive, risky R&D projects.
ProgN

She can read people?
aggiepanic95
AG
Prognightmare said:

She can read people?
And here I thought she couldn't read at all.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Tex100
AG
Ocasio-Cortez, a member of the House Oversight Committee, sought to lay the groundwork for lawmakers to potentially subpoena employees of the Trump Organization -- including its chief financial officer, Allen Weisselberg, who Cohen said was privy to Trump's various money maneuvers and who received immunity from federal prosecutors in New York to testify against Cohen prior to the attorney's guilty plea on federal campaign finance violations last August.

"What you do is, you deflate the value of the asset and then you put in a request to the tax department for a deduction," said Cohen when Ocasio-Cortez asked how Trump attempted to reduce his tax burden.

"And would it help for the committee to obtain federal and state tax returns from the president and his company to address that discrepancy?" Ocasio-Cortez asked.
"I believe so," Cohen answered.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ocasio-cortez-questions-cohen-on-trump-tax-documents-assets

Looks to me like two different taxes - Property Taxes vs Income Taxes
ProgN

Staff, please allow an eye roll emoji in the next update.
agent-maroon
AG
Quote:

She can read people?
Certainly not everybody. Like thinking Nancy Pelosi gives two shlts about anything she has to say. Like when she said that she "appreciated" AOC's "enthusiasm"
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
MooreTrucker
AG
Prognightmare said:

Good lord some people are just brainwashed stupid.
Garrelli 5000
AG
Her arrogance is limitless.
Staff - take out the trash.
justcallmeharry
S
Definitely not full of herself. She'd probably go on a hunger strike if she didn't get all her twitter love.

Cant Think of a Name
AG
She said "learning in the job"
HeadGames
AG
I noticed that too. What a weird-o.
NE PA Ag
My neck is getting sore from shaking it in disbelief and my eyes are tired from rolling them so much. I've got to stop coming back to this thread...but I won't. We're witnessing a geometric progression of stupid.
agent-maroon
AG
justcallmeharry said:

Definitely not full of herself. She'd probably go on a hunger strike if she didn't get all her twitter love.

Couldn't afford it? Couldn't she just treat it like a multi-trillion dollar Green New Deal and have had her fellow and all future generations of law students pay it for her?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Broba Fett
I've come to lose jobs and chew hay...and I'm all outta hay.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/rep-alexandria-ocasio-cortez-inspiration-upcoming-comic-book/story?id=61334379
aggielostinETX
AG
agent-maroon said:

justcallmeharry said:

Couldn't afford it? Couldn't she just treat it like a multi-trillion dollar Green New Deal and have had her fellow and all future generations of law students pay it for her?

And I didn't join the army b/c of my flat feet... excuses are like...
Broba Fett
New hat idea.

Make
AOC
Go
Away
DallasAg 94
Prognightmare said:

Yeah... imagine that starring down on you. That is some serious stupid looking down on people.

Just show the American Dream is alive and available to even the dumbest among us.
Mr.Ackar07
Tex100 said:

Ocasio-Cortez, a member of the House Oversight Committee, sought to lay the groundwork for lawmakers to potentially subpoena employees of the Trump Organization -- including its chief financial officer, Allen Weisselberg, who Cohen said was privy to Trump's various money maneuvers and who received immunity from federal prosecutors in New York to testify against Cohen prior to the attorney's guilty plea on federal campaign finance violations last August.

"What you do is, you deflate the value of the asset and then you put in a request to the tax department for a deduction," said Cohen when Ocasio-Cortez asked how Trump attempted to reduce his tax burden.

"And would it help for the committee to obtain federal and state tax returns from the president and his company to address that discrepancy?" Ocasio-Cortez asked.
"I believe so," Cohen answered.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ocasio-cortez-questions-cohen-on-trump-tax-documents-assets

Looks to me like two different taxes - Property Taxes vs Income Taxes
If that is the case, this is just like claiming lower refunds is proof Trump's tax plan was deceitful. Every property owner is trying to undervalue their property value for ad valorem tax purposes.

There is no income tax deduction for property losing its value unless there was a casualty loss or you sold it to a third party at a loss.
bmks270
AG
She's got the skills it seems to excel in politics.

Her greatest attribute is her Confidence.

It's the foundation of the confidence man, or con man.

If she didn't reveal her ignorance and foolishness through some of her statements, she'd do even better. Her ignorance may get the best of her.

The propensity for people to blindly believe what they want to hear, and to blindly accept what aligns with their existing beliefs, has provided AOC a following of progressives with weapons grade ignorance.
rwpag71
AG
Prognightmare said:

I can just see Cohen at bar closing time nursing his sixth scotch and water with a tough decision to make. The one in the middle looks interested.
Line Ate Member
AG
Trump has most likely been audited for the last x years. If he does have some sort of tax scheme going on, the IRS or the auditors that have been looking and doing the auditing work for the Trump organization would most likely have highlighted or delved a little deeper.

It is always a good sign when a lawyer is trying to talk about taxes like he understands the laws and regulations surrounding that aspect. But he is in Washington, so everyone knows everything I guess.
Garrelli 5000
AG
Prognightmare said:

Staff - take out the trash.
DallasAg 94
Line Ate Member said:

Trump has most likely been audited for the last x years. If he does have some sort of tax scheme going on, the IRS or the auditors that have been looking and doing the auditing work for the Trump organization would most likely have highlighted or delved a little deeper.

It is always a good sign when a lawyer is trying to talk about taxes like he understands the laws and regulations surrounding that aspect. But he is in Washington, so everyone knows everything I guess.
I thought it was revealed that the IRS was all up in Trump with an Audit, which was one of the reasons he used to not release his tax returns.

The House is no place to prosecute Tax cases... that is what we pay the IRS to do.

This is just another attempt to attack Trump.

Shameful.
HumpitPuryear
AG
justcallmeharry said:

Wow she established that Trump the business man routinely schemed to undervalue property and assets with taxing authorities. Seriously, who does that!! She got him!
justcallmeharry
S
The replies to this one are worth looking at:

She worked twice as hard and still does.

PJYoung
AG
PJYoung
AG
PJYoung
AG
Oh that's from 2 days ago. I'm guessing it's been discussed. Carry on.
Locknload
AG
Is it really hard work to read questions someone else prepared?
No and not impressed in the least.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Broba Fett said:

New hat idea.

Make
AOC
Go
Away
Would buy.
First Page Last Page
Page 48 of 120

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.