Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,485,694 Views | 49269 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by aggiehawg
backintexas2013
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

MouthBQ98
AG
And that was all sloppiness rather than eager bias per Horowitz...
1872walker
And by glossing over this, the media is complicit.

Regardless of party interests, journalists should be spreading concern far and wide over abuses of power from within our government. If they believe Trump has abused his, so be it. Investigate that. Write on that. But hold every single politician to that same standard, even if they have a D after their name.

And absolutely hold the DOJ and similar agencies to that standard, of not a higher one.
3 Toed Pete
AG
drcrinum said:

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2019/12/09/ig-report-continued-specific-fisa-date-redactions/

A fascinating bit of sleuthing by Sundance. Well worth a read. I'll say it once again, the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence is a bed of snakes.

The links to CTH you have been providing have been outstanding, especially to this particular topic because it clearly shows that there are plenty of Rs on the take, especially that committee. Warner and Barr would have traded anything for Wolfe to keep quiet. To the best of my memory nothing happened to the NYT reporter. I guess she is protected by 1st Amend? There's your quid pro quo, a 27 year old reporter trading sex for classified info from a 50 year old high-level security guy.
stetson
AG
drcrinum said:

Short video of Lindsey Graham. He gets it.

This entire thing was nothing short of an attempted soft political assassination. From what we have learned about the FBI over the past three years, how much of a leap is it to believe they were involved in the assassination of JFK?
stetson
AG
1872walker said:

And by glossing over this, the media is complicit.

Regardless of party interests, journalists should be spreading concern far and wide over abuses of power from within our government. If they believe Trump has abused his, so be it. Investigate that. Write on that. But hold every single politician to that same standard, even if they have a D after their name.

And absolutely hold the DOJ and similar agencies to that standard, of not a higher one.

"Democracy dies in darkness" is their objective.
BanderaAg956
51 Violations and 9 False Statements
Liberals are Damn Liars! Terminate Section 230! It has been ONLY 72!hours since my last banning for defending my conservative values against liberal snowflake cupcakes and the LIBERAL Mod’s that protect them! Fairness is a myth! Stop trying to silence us! Decent LAW ABIDING HUMAN BEINGS MATTER and so do our voices. When you protect the wicked, the Anarchist, the deviant, you become One of them!

ALL LIVES MATTER - I support police and motorcycle riders. Patriot Gun Owners Unite!
backintexas2013
AG
drevans956 said:

But it wasn't political. So what's left? Total incompetence?
Muy
AG
This leads back to Obama, all of it.
Long Live Sully
AG
backintexas2013 said:

drevans956 said:

But it wasn't political. So what's left? Total incompetence?
Especially since ALL of the mistakes and errors magically went against Trump. What are the odds that it wasn't intentional?
Ellis Wyatt
Burr, not Barr
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

To the best of my memory nothing happened to the NYT reporter. I guess she is protected by 1st Amend? There's your quid pro quo, a 27 year old reporter trading sex for classified info from a 50 year old high-level security guy.
The Pentagon Papers case. It is not illegal to print classified information given to a reporter. Now, if the reporter commits a crime in obtaining classified information, different matter. See Julian Assange actually helping Manning to crack a password code for a classified system. Had he not done that, he wouldn't have been indicted in the U.S.
drcrinum

Warning shot fired across the bow.
drcrinum

https://thefederalist.com/2019/12/10/ig-report-shows-comey-lied-to-congress-about-fbi-investigation-of-trump-campaign/

Good short read.
drcrinum

Quote:

...so they were already spying before the FISA then there was exculpatory evidence in that for both Papadopoulos and Page and that was never given to the court on the very first FISA."

Short video (1 minute)with Nunes says it all.
Hogties
AG
drcrinum said:

Trump needs to fire Wray and bring in a total outsider. Someone like the head of DPS or the Rangers (I don't even know who they are but anyone without swamp ties would be good).
Rapier108
Hogties said:

drcrinum said:

Trump needs to fire Wray and bring in a total outsider. Someone like the head of DPS or the Rangers (I don't even know who they are but anyone without swamp ties would be good).
Exactly. Needs to be a complete outsider to DC, but someone who knows how to run a major law enforcement agency.

The head of the Texas Rangers is who I'd like to see.

Give him one order, clean house.
ProgN
Sheriff David Clarke
drcrinum

https://thefederalist.com/2019/12/10/ig-report-confirms-schiff-fisa-memo-media-praised-was-riddled-with-lies/

Specific details showing Schiff blatantly lied in his memo -- vs Nunes accurately portrayed the Carter Page FISA abuse in his memo -- yet the MSM resoundly glorified Shiff's treatise while simultaneously vilifying Nunes' revelations. Short read.
MouthBQ98
AG
Progressives will lie whenever it is convenient to do so. You can never trust them in matters related to politics. Never. It really is that simple. They lie with such abandon, they believe their own lies as often as not. Ends justifies the means.

What concerns me is this senate cabal on the intel committee. Is there not one faithful upstanding member in that group?

McConnell needs to break that crap, now. I don't give a damn how many toes get stepped on or how many insider deals are broken.
backintexas2013
AG
That's a great article. I wonder if someone can bump the thread where the liberals were bashing Nunes.
MouthBQ98
AG
How long has major parts of the FBI leadership been this corruptible?
SeMgCo87
AG
drcrinum said:

https://thefederalist.com/2019/12/10/ig-report-shows-comey-lied-to-congress-about-fbi-investigation-of-trump-campaign/

Good short read.

Not sure of the comparative penalties, but are the implications for charges against Comey more severe for his role in FISA abuse greater than for leaking "secret" documents to his Professor friend?

Perhaps that's why they chose not pursue those charges earlier this year...
captkirk
AG
drcrinum said:

captkirk
AG
Rapier108 said:

Hogties said:

drcrinum said:

Exactly. Needs to be a complete outsider to DC, but someone who knows how to run a major law enforcement agency.

The head of the Texas Rangers is who I'd like to see.

Give him one order, clean house.
You want to see some heads explode

policywonk98
AG
captkirk said:

drcrinum said:

Great tack here by Trump. Send a positive message of support to the FBI field offices. If I was his strategist I would double down a populist message and take that message of support directly to the FBI field agents. Obviously publicizing it. Sending message: this isnt about faithful law enforcement community. This is about corrupt thinking in the department hierarchy. Obviously it's hard for it to not be about him, but he should try to make it about them and their wellbeing. Etc etc.
tsuag10
AG
Hogties said:

Chuck Norris or Leroy Jethro Gibbs.
akm91
AG
drcrinum

I fully endorse this message.
aggiehawg
AG
Since there was an open investigation on Flynn by August 2016, what was the predicate for it? If not the Steele dossier, then what?
drcrinum
They say somewhere (I don't recall the page) that they opened the investigations into Flynn, Page, & Manafort (+Papadopoulos) because they were Trump Campaign persons who had known contacts with Russia.
drcrinum
Interesting footnotes from the bottom of Page 232:

Quote:

381 We summarize the information this CHS obtained from Papadopoulos in Chapter Ten.

382 In a footnote, NSD advised the court that Papadopoulos made similar statements directly to the FBI in a January 2017 interview. The renewal applications did not advise the court of these January 2017 statements, but did advise the court that Papadopoulos had been interviewed by the FBI and denied that he discussed anything related to the Russian government with FFG officials. As discussed in Chapter Seven, the renewal applications did not include that Papadopoulos made other statements during his interviews with the FBI, including statements that minimized Carter Page's role in the Trump campaign and statements that Person 1 (whom the FBI assessed was the likely source for some of the Steele reporting relied upon in the applications, including the allegations against Page) told Papadopoulos that he/she (Person 1) had no knowledge of the information reported in "the recent Trump Dossier."

383 As noted previously, after reviewing a draft of this report, Case Agent 1 told us that he and the team discounted Papadopoulos's denials for several reasons, but that, in hindsight, he now realizes that the denials, and the team's assessment of those denials, should have been shared with OI.

384 We summarize the information the CHS obtained from Papadopoulos in Chapter Ten.

Person 1 = Millian.
Papadopoulos provided exculpatory info on Millian, but the 'Team' discounted this red flag against the authenticity of Steele's Dossier.

In reading the report, don't overlook the footnotes; some of the best info is 'buried' here.
aggiehawg
AG
drcrinum said:

They say somewhere (I don't recall the page) that they opened the investigations into Flynn, Page, & Manafort (+Papadopoulos) because they were Trump Campaign persons who had known contacts with Russia.
That is problematical then. Having contacts with Russians is insufficient to judge them as "agents of a foreign power," and then trying to get a FISA warrant on them.
drcrinum

Barr -- 3 minutes video from this morning.
aggiehawg
AG
And he agrees with my assessment. Both Hillary and Obama's campaign took money from China. Does that make them individually agents of the Chinese government alone? No.

Does that make them complicit in campaign finance violations? Perhaps but does that justify a FISA warrant on them or their campaign operatives? No.

Glenn Simpson as Fusion has a lot of overseas contacts and mostly with corrupt criminals. (His background is investigative reporting on financial crimes in conjunction with the Russian mob.) Is that sufficient to get a FISA warrant on him? No. It is enough to take a look if he is violating FARA disclosure laws, however.
First Page Last Page
Page 986 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.