Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,438,154 Views | 49262 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by nortex97
drcrinum
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Edit: This actually should not have come as 'breaking news". I forgot that Baker previously had agreed to cooperate with Horowitz.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/former-fbi-lawyer-james-baker-cooperating-with-doj-inspector-generals-fisa-abuse-investigation
drcrinum

The above was a highly redacted tweet when released publicly; now the blanks have been filled in per Powell's filing.
akm91
AG
No wonder Contreras was recused all of a sudden.
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
aggiehawg
AG
Have we ever known who revealed the Page/Strzok texts, right after Flynn's guilty plea? Talk about dropping a turd in the Dem's punch bowl.
drcrinum

akm91
AG
McCabe was on CNN this morning. Surprised he's still employed
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
captkirk
AG
drcrinum said:

The above was a highly redacted tweet when released publicly; now the blanks have been filled in per Powell's filing.

This bull**** of redacting highly embarrassing things instead of classified things has got to stop.
captkirk
AG
aggiehawg said:

Have we ever known who revealed the Page/Strzok texts, right after Flynn's guilty plea? Talk about dropping a turd in the Dem's punch bowl.
Had to be IG, don't you think?

Whomever it was started the war against the deep state
drcrinum

captkirk
AG
backintexas2013
AG
I'm sure this is just a coincidence
ccatag
AG
aggiehawg said:

Hawgs post here points back to the very first post of this epic thread.
Strozk and Lisa Page getting dismissed from Mueller's investigation due to the fact that these texts were discovered by the IG. And the IG reported this to Mueller.

Good question by hawg, who released the initial batch of texts out into the public? Do we know?
Secolobo
AG
Can I go to sleep Looch?
VaultingChemist
AG
aggiehawg said:

It's clear to me that Sidney is connected with Durham and Barr. They are feeding each other. Her pleading indicates to me that Durham is very close to or already has probable cause to ask a federal judge for a search warrant for Clapper's phone records.
Remember that this is not Durham's first rodeo with Mueller and Weissman.

In the Whitey Bulger case, Janet Reno appointed Durham to investigate corruption by Robert Mueller and the FBI.

From Durham Investigated Mueller Before
Quote:

In December 2000, Durham revealed secret FBI documents that convinced a judge to vacate the 1968 murder convictions of "four other FBI informants because they'd been framed by Robert Mueller's FBI.
Durham sent one FBI agent to prison for ten years, but Mueller escaped prosecution.......
Quote:

Robert Mueller was knee-deep in this scandal, along with Andrew Weissman and the agent sent to prison, but because Reno gave him very limited authority, Durham was not able to prosecute Mueller, who was not in the FBI at the time.
I don't believe Barr and Durham will make the same mistake this time.

I also believe that they are helping Sidney Powell by providing her documents that should have already been provided to her. Sidney is helping expose the corruption by the Mueller team, the first case of many to follow once the IG report is released.
drcrinum
Secolobo said:

Quote:

.....The announcement that this is now a criminal investigation means that anyone, including FBI agents and CIA officers, who try to hold back information or hide information will be vulnerable to obstruction of justice charges. Criminal penalties attach.

Faced with possible charges of obstruction, FBI Director Christopher Wray and his sycophants last night folded like a cheap tent in a hurricane in terms of blocking release of the Inspector General report on FISA abuses. They also withdrew the FBI objections to the Exhibits that Sidney Powell had attached to her brief explaining why the FBI had engaged in criminal activity against her client, General Mike Flynn.

When Durham goes to the CIA, the DIA and the NSA asking questions and demanding documents they must cooperate or face criminal charges. That is the game changers. President Trump granted Bill Barr full authority to declassify any classified information. That includes anything collected by the CIA or the NSA. Neither intelligence agency can hide behind the claim that something is classified. If they try, they will face being charged with obstruction of justice.

Bill Barr has a spine of steel and plays by the book. He does not color outside the lines. I do not think the Deep State fully understands or appreciates the depth of peril they now face. The lies and the withholding of key documents that have been common practice over the last two and a half years will come to a screeching halt.

At some point the lawyers for the media companies will wake up and realize that spreading lies on behalf of people facing criminal charges could expose them to obstruction charges as well.

That is what last night means......

Written by a former CIA analyst & State Department employee. The bolding is not mine.
It's called a game changer.

drcrinum

But he's a Russian agent. How could this be?
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Bill Barr has a spine of steel and plays by the book. He does not color outside the lines. I do not think the Deep State fully understands or appreciates the depth of peril they now face. The lies and the withholding of key documents that have been common practice over the last two and a half years will come to a screeching halt.

At some point the lawyers for the media companies will wake up and realize that spreading lies on behalf of people facing criminal charges could expose them to obstruction charges as well.
I like Johnson and consider his perspective interesting and valuable.

I do think he's overestimating how far obstruction can extend to the press, however. Like it or not, our First Amendment gives them protection if they knowingly publish a cover story that is patently false. IOW they can participate in a fraud as a co-conspirator but seldom if ever be charged for it.

Again, that's my opinion based on the Pentagon Papers case. That was top secret information that was stolen and leaked. But the newspapers, who are in receipt of stolen highly classified information were free to publish with impunity. The only time they might face peril is if they induce or participate in the theft itself. The step too far that enabled the DOJ to indict Assange for assisting Manning. (Assange tried to break the code on the passwords to another cache of highly classified info Manning was trying to illegally access.)

As to Barr's authority to overrule agency heads on declass I have noted before. As for Wray, Barr is his boss. As for Haspel at the CIA, Trump has expressly devolved unto Barr the authority to do the same. The threat of obstruction of justice charges sounds like a great deal of leverage but in the overall scheme of things, not a huge one. (I am assuming a good faith disagreement on the necessity for classification to be upheld between an agency head and Barr. If in bad faith to protect bad actors, then such a threat would be much more of a factor.)
techno-ag
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

I like Johnson and consider his perspective interesting and valuable.

I do think he's overestimating how far obstruction can extend to the press, however. Like it or not, our First Amendment gives them protection if they knowingly publish a cover story that is patently false. IOW they can participate in a fraud as a co-conspirator but seldom if ever be charged for it.

Again, that's my opinion based on the Pentagon Papers case. That was top secret information that was stolen and leaked. But the newspapers, who are in receipt of stolen highly classified information were free to publish with impunity. The only time they might face peril is if they induce or participate in the theft itself. The step too far that enabled the DOJ to indict Assange for assisting Manning. (Assange tried to break the code on the passwords to another cache of highly classified info Manning was trying to illegally access.)

As to Barr's authority to overrule agency heads on declass I have noted before. As for Wray, Barr is his boss. As for Haspel at the CIA, Trump has expressly devolved unto Barr the authority to do the same. The threat of obstruction of justice charges sounds like a great deal of leverage but in the overall scheme of things, not a huge one. (I am assuming a good faith disagreement on the necessity for classification to be upheld between an agency head and Barr. If in bad faith to protect bad actors, then such a threat would be much more of a factor.)
Turnabout is fair play springs to mind. For almost 3 years we heard "Obstruction of justice!" if anybody questioned Mueller or any part of the anti Trump narrative.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

captkirk
AG
Good article

captkirk
AG

Quote:

The threat of obstruction of justice charges sounds like a great deal of leverage but in the overall scheme of things, not a huge one. (I am assuming a good faith disagreement on the necessity for classification to be upheld between an agency head and Barr. If in bad faith to protect bad actors, then such a threat would be much more of a factor.)
The bad faith redactions and witholding of info are the only thing I care about. Case in point the redactions on those Page/Strzok texts posted above. Pure nonsense
Secolobo
AG
Especially after that Obama executive order. Can someone find it? Can't look right now.
Can I go to sleep Looch?
aggiehawg
AG
Secolobo said:

Especially after that Obama executive order. Can someone find it?
Which order? Some context and I might be able to help you.
Secolobo
AG
About redactions for embarrassing circumstances, or something to that effect. It was real random.

Edit
I think it's 13526 but have to read it again.

Edit
https://www.politico.com/blogs/under-the-radar/2009/12/mystery-surrounds-new-obama-order-on-classification-023773
Can I go to sleep Looch?
aggiehawg
AG
Hello, what's this? Mr. Barr has been quietly dumping DOJ docs on the website. This caught my eye. Talk about a blast from the past.

Quote:

The Justice Department also released a memo that Robert Mueller submitted to Attorney General William Barr on April 19, a day after a partially redacted version of the special counsel's report had been made public. Mueller said in the memo that investigators had closed an investigation into whether an unidentified individual acted as an unregistered agent of a foreign country.

The name of the person is redacted, making it unclear who is being referenced in the previously unreleased document.

"The Special Counsel's investigation closed its investigation of [redacted] for acting as an unregistered agent of a foreign government because there was not admissible evidence sufficient to obtain and sustain a conviction," Mueller wrote.

The memo stated Rosenstein authorized the investigation of the individual in an Aug. 2, 2017, document laying out the scope of the special counsel's probe.

The special counsel's report stated that four Trump associates were identified in the memo: Paul Manafort, Michael Flynn, George Papadopoulos and Carter Page.
Isn't that interesting? Admissible evidence, eh? How about the illegally obtained evidence being inadmissible? Is that the other way to say that?

Was this in reference to Flynn? Was Team Mueller still holding a FARA charge in their back pocket in case his guilty plea was tossed? Consider the timing.

Flynn is still on the hook for cooperating in the July trial of his former business partner Rafekian over the Turkish deal as part of Flynn's plea deal. Flynn hasn't changed attorneys yet and Team Mueller thinks they are in the clear, so they pass on the Flynn FARA charge.

After that Flynn fires Burling, Covington and hires Sidney Powell. She tells the court and the prosecution team that Flynn is still fully prepared to cooperate with the prosecution in the Rafekian trial.

But then what happens? On the eve of trial, the prosecution goes completely wonky, pulls out of have Flynn called as their witness and then threatens to call his son. Further, the prosecution tries to recast Flynn as Rafekian's co-conspirator. Sidney screams bloody murder and neither Flynn nor his son are ultimately called.

Why do I point this out? The question of the type of surveillance they had on Flynn.

For further discussion of DOJ's document dump, see HERE
aggiehawg
AG
Another nugget from Larry Johnson.
Quote:

I was chatting last night with a retired CIA colleague, a person well connected to many folks still working at our former employer, and he dropped a bombshell--he had learned that John Brennan set up a Trump Task Force at CIA in early 2016.

This is definitely something Prosecutor John Durham should explore. A "Task Force" normally is a short term creation comprised of operations officers (i.e., guys and gals who carry out espionage activities overseas) and intelligence analysts. The purpose of such a group is to ensure all relevant intelligence capabilities are brought to bear on the problem at hand.

While a "Task Force" can be a useful tool for tackling issues of terrorism or drug trafficking, it is not appropriate or lawful for collecting on a U.S. candidate for the Presidency. But Brennan did it, so I'm told, and it had the blessing of the Director of National Intelligence Jim Clapper.

The Task Force members were handpicked. The job was not posted. Instead, people were specifically invited to join up. Not everyone accepted the invitation, and that is now a problem for John Brennan. If those folks are talking to Durham's folks then Brennan's days are numbered.

Brennan reportedly took it upon himself to recruit foreign intelligence organizations, such as MI-6, the Aussies, the Italians and the Israelis, to help in spying on Trump and his campaign. He sold it as a "counter-intelligence" mission citing his fear that Trump was a Russian puppet. And these foreign services agreed to help. But they did more than passive collection. They helped create and implement covert actions, such as entrapping Michael Flynn as a foreign agent and cultivating and ensnaring George Papadopoulos.

The case officers on the task force managed the tasking and monitoring of actions with the foreign services. This included travel overseas.

The Task Force also apparently was involved in working with Ukraine to help manufacture intel that could be used against Paul Manafort.

The point is, this Task Force was working furiously on a broad front to go after Donald Trump and his campaign team. Most importantly, there is documentary evidence on specific task officers were directed to carry out. And there are also financial records--e.g., money was spent to fund travel overseas and to pay cooperating assets.
Quote:

I am also hearing that CIA Director Gina Haspel is cooperating. She was the CIA Chief of Station in London when this Task Force was up a running but my friend says she was kept out of the loop. She and Brennan have a history and it is not friendly. Brennan blocked her from getting a top assignment in what used to be known as the "Directorate of Operations." So no love lost between the two.
Good to know that Haspel was kept out of the loop. She's a white hat and not a black hat.

LINK
Secolobo
AG
Can I go to sleep Looch?
Secolobo
AG
Can I go to sleep Looch?
Secolobo
AG
Can I go to sleep Looch?
dreyOO
Why in the world would they appoint Wray if he's this difficult to reign in. It takes a criminal investigation for him to listen to his boss?

There have been way too many misses re: appointments.
MouthBQ98
AG
If that is true, especially the recruitment of foreign governments to participate, that could actually possibly be characterized as treasonous, versus just seditious. What a mess. It absolutely would be an attempt to subvert an election, then an attempt to overthrow the legitimate government in a desperate attempt to cover up the conspiracy. The greatest constitutional crisis since the civil war when you toss in the continued efforts by the losing political party to sustain the narrative and construct an impeachment removal.
aggiehawg
AG
dreyOO said:

Why in the world would they appoint Wray if he's this difficult to reign in. It takes a criminal investigation for him to listen to his boss?

There have been way too many misses re: appointments.
I don't know who recommended Wray for the FBI job. One possibility though, might have been Mueller but passed on to Trump through Rosenstein and Sessions?
aggiehawg
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

If that is true, especially the recruitment of foreign governments to participate, that could actually possibly be characterized as treasonous, versus just seditious. What a mess. It absolutely would be an attempt to subvert an election, then an attempt to overthrow the legitimate government in a desperate attempt to cover up the conspiracy. The greatest constitutional crisis since the civil war.
Are you referring to Brennan's task force? The rumors and some sketchy reporting (sketchy because it was a lot of speculation matching disparate dots) have been out for awhile. There were some texts between Strzok and Page that referenced a lunch or maybe a dinner with the CIA big wigs. What is usually referred to as a "Principals Meeting" yet Strzok was going and not as a briefer. He was there to be briefed.

And don't forget Strzok's hastily arranged trip to London in very early August 2016, meeting with top British spooks. Brennan's fingerprints were all over that yet it would appear Brennan kept Haspel out of that loop. Normal protocol would have been to have her, as London Station Chief to set up and attend (or a trusted staffer attend in her stead) such a meeting in her backyard.

The use of a Task Force and need to know would provide cover for that breach of protocol and CIA procedures when in a foreign country, particularly when that country is a close ally. They generally don't appreciate the CIA running off-the-book ops of which even the Station Chief is completely unaware. She meets with her counterparts on a weekly basis and has to have some measure of trust and respect with them. Going behind her back puts all of that at risk.
Secolobo
AG
Looks like Christie.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.biography.com/.amp/law-figure/christopher-wray
Can I go to sleep Looch?
TexAgs91
AG
captkirk said:

Rockdoc said:

Trying to remove Barr and Durham because they have evidence against you? Not a good look.
Smells like obstruction
On the nose
Fight! Fight! Fight!
MouthBQ98
AG
Nice play by O'Neal. Yeah, it will be interesting to see how the tables turn when all these guys realize they are now on the defensive in a very serious way.
First Page Last Page
Page 943 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.