Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,516,774 Views | 49272 Replies | Last: 7 days ago by will25u
will25u
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Thought a funny might be in order.

Thank you Hawg for your insight. I appreciate it. A lot of this stuff is over my head, but you are great at explaining it for us law simpletons.
will25u
fasthorse05
Mr. Lieu has grown on me as one of the 5-6 I REALLY dislike.

If anyone remembers Candace Owens unloading on Lieu two months ago, and his supreme satisfaction-hands arched, steeple style--in front of his head, then you'll understand why I really dislike him.

Plus, he seems to fit the new Dem, that casts aside any semblance of supporting feedom, and is just gung ho to crush your rights.
will25u
aggiehawg
AG
Read the first 25 pages of that. Nadler just doesn't understand how assertion of Executive Privilege works. Kept asking her if she was asserting the privilege, which isn't hers to assert, over and over and over.

He's not too smart.
aggiehawg
AG

backintexas2013
AG
The more that comes out the more we are seeing why Mueller didn't want to testify. The Dems knew not to put him up there that's why they backed down.
aggiehawg
AG
I recall getting into some heated discussions about the legitimacy of the Manafort search warrants at the time they were disclosed with our resident concerned moderate lawyers and wannabe lawyers.

Although the precise grounds were a bit different but those warrants always stuck in my craw as being a little hinky to my spidey senses. Little did I know just how much crap was being hidden.
End Of Message
AG
Your intuition is pretty incredible.
Resistance to tyranny is obedience to God.
captkirk
AG
backintexas2013 said:

The more that comes out the more we are seeing why Mueller didn't want to testify. The Dems knew not to put him up there that's why they backed down.
Senate needs to call him in
aggiehawg
AG
captkirk said:

backintexas2013 said:

My impression is that Barr has asked Lindsay to stand down while Durham does his work. If that is in fact what has happened, Barr has strong suspicions that Mueller and/or members of his team <cough>Weissmann<cough> has exposure of some kind.

Publicly Barr can say he has no objections to Mueller testifying because in fact he couldn't really stop it even if he did have objections. Mueller doesn't work for him anymore.
captkirk
AG
aggiehawg said:

captkirk said:

backintexas2013 said:

My impression is that Barr has asked Lindsay to stand down while Durham does his work. If that is in fact what has happened, Barr has strong suspicions that Mueller and/or members of his team <cough>Weissmann<cough> has exposure of some kind.

Publicly Barr can say he has no objections to Mueller testifying because in fact he couldn't really stop it even if he did have objections. Mueller doesn't work for him anymore.
Makes sense. Fingers crossed
aggiehawg
AG
Holy crap!

VegasAg86
AG
aggiehawg said:

Holy crap!

I hope they sell like Acosta's. Word is he is up to 6500 total books sold.

Weismann's will be a complete smear of Trump.
fasthorse05
Ms. Hawg, et al, based on the Black Ledger article, it now appears that predicate for Manafort and others, are erronious. You mentioned earlier that there needs to be a review of the search warrants issued.

I'd assumed General Flynn, Pappadopolous, and Page, had cause for a lawsuit. Now, it seems that several others likely have a decent case. Is my thinking correct?

Even though we're a long way away from those things happening, the thought just occured to me that Weissman is involved. IF it suits were to occur (easily 1-2 years away), and 1-3 of the suits find for the plaintiffs, it would be status quo for a Weissman catastrophe---meaning many things overturned, or tons of money exchanged from the government.
aggiehawg
AG
fasthorses05 said:

Ms. Hawg, et al, based on the Black Ledger article, it now appears that predicate for Manafort and others, appear to be erronious. You mentioned earlier that there needs to be a review of the search warrants issued.

I'd assumed General Flynn, Pappadopolous, and Page, had cause for a lawsuit. Now, it seems that several others likely have a decent case. Is my thinking correct?

Even though we're a long way away from those things happening, the thought just occured to me that Weissman is involved. IF it suits were to occur (easily 1-2 years away), and 1-3 of the suits find for the plaintiffs, it would be status quo for a Weissman catastrophe---meaning many things overturned, or tons of money exchanged from the government.
TBH, I really don't know how that would all play out. There is still a lot we don't know yet. There are questions as to whether the government might be responsible or if these acts were ultra vires raising individual liability. That's a corollary to Barr's investigation as whether there were proper predicates for the actions taken.

It certainly appears from what's in the public sphere that liberties were taken, procedures and protocols were ignored and likely laws broken with false statements to courts, etc. but there is much more to uncover.

Sorry to disappoint but we are just going to have to wait and see.
Garrelli 5000
AG
I get the feeling (my hope for change) that all of these book deals, going back to Comey and McCabe, are the liberal power brokers trying to stock these yahoos bank accounts to pay for big time defense attorneys they know they'll soon need. Attorneys for Comey, McCabe, Strok, Weissmen, etc.

will25u
fasthorse05
Kinda like "studies say', the "previous review found now evidence of that", leads me to many questions of who did the review, what members were on the team, and how long ago?
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Mr. Barr's review of U.S. intelligence gathering during the probe's early stages, announced in April, will look in particular at whether there were disagreements among the intelligence analysts who produced the findings, one of the people said. The review also is likely to look into whether the findings were motivated by political opposition to Mr. Trump, the person said, although a previous review found no evidence of that.

The spy agencies' conclusions, which Mr. Trump has repeatedly questioned, have been affirmed by special counsel Robert Mueller and by the Senate Intelligence Committee. But U.S. intelligence officials have privately expressed concern that the Justice Department plans to "red team," or challenge, the finding of Russian interference on Mr. Trump's behalf, those familiar with the matter said.

Mr. Trump last month empowered Mr. Barr to declassify information as part of his review, a move with little if any precedent, and ordered the intelligence chiefs to cooperate. Mr. Barr tapped John Durham, the top federal prosecutor in Connecticut, to lead the review, and he and members of his staff have quickly gotten to work. He meets frequently with Mr. Barr at Justice Departments headquarters, where officials have set up space for him to work.

Mr. Durham has signaled that he will seek to review documents and interview Central Intelligence Agency officials, a senior congressional official said. "From what we understand, they're still in kind of a document-review mode," the official said.
That should be interesting. Which sources other than the Steele Dossier did they have that could convey Putin's thinking?
akm91
AG
Was that "17 agencies" lie that was spread around?
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
captkirk
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Mr. Barr's review of U.S. intelligence gathering during the probe's early stages, announced in April, will look in particular at whether there were disagreements among the intelligence analysts who produced the findings, one of the people said. The review also is likely to look into whether the findings were motivated by political opposition to Mr. Trump, the person said, although a previous review found no evidence of that.

The spy agencies' conclusions, which Mr. Trump has repeatedly questioned, have been affirmed by special counsel Robert Mueller and by the Senate Intelligence Committee. But U.S. intelligence officials have privately expressed concern that the Justice Department plans to "red team," or challenge, the finding of Russian interference on Mr. Trump's behalf, those familiar with the matter said.

Mr. Trump last month empowered Mr. Barr to declassify information as part of his review, a move with little if any precedent, and ordered the intelligence chiefs to cooperate. Mr. Barr tapped John Durham, the top federal prosecutor in Connecticut, to lead the review, and he and members of his staff have quickly gotten to work. He meets frequently with Mr. Barr at Justice Departments headquarters, where officials have set up space for him to work.

Mr. Durham has signaled that he will seek to review documents and interview Central Intelligence Agency officials, a senior congressional official said. "From what we understand, they're still in kind of a document-review mode," the official said.
That should be interesting. Which sources other than the Steele Dossier did they have that could convey Putin's thinking?
I think it came out that Strozk was involved in preparing this report. This could get interesting
captkirk
AG
akm91 said:

Was that "17 agencies" lie that was spread around?
Yes
fasthorse05
Well, the "black cash ledger" may have some value in that regard.

The only thing that kinda bothers me about the "intelligence review" is that the Senate blessed the report. Depending on the date the report was completed, it's likely the Republicans were the ones who said it was alright.

Either the folks who reviewed the report hated Trump, or it was written in a manner that didn't raise suspicion.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Either the folks who reviewed the report hated Trump, or it was written in a manner that didn't raise suspicion.
How could it be written in any other way? They don't have the resources to verify or dispute what the IC tells them.
fasthorse05
"don't have the resources" sounds funny coming from a $4 trillion plus federal government, but I get your point.

That makes me want to ask why send it to the Senate for review, if they know there's not a way to verify the information.
aggiehawg
AG
fasthorses05 said:

"don't have the resources" sounds funny coming from a $4 trillion plus federal government, but I get your point.

That makes me want to ask why send it to the Senate for review, if they know there's not a way to verify the information.
Oversight.

There is an IG over the intelligence agencies, however. So they have to rely that the IG is watching closely and would advise if anything was truly remiss. (I'm excluding the time frame where Sally Yates refused Horowitz's ability to oversee the Nat Sec Division of DOJ, however.)
RBG63
AG
Other than what is public knowledge from the Mueller report what is allowable for Weissman to talk about. He can't repeat anything classified. His information will be opinion since he did not find enough evidence for any indictments or referrals on Trump. Does he have any liability for any thing that's not provable?
drcrinum

https://dailycaller.com/2019/06/20/jackson-cosko-democrats-data-theft/

This is an interesting read. It doesn't deal directly with our SpyGate thread, but it illustrates a pattern that repeats itself again & again, and plays a pivotal role in our thread: Democrats play loose with confidential/classified info. I think it's either a mental deficiency or an arrogance problem, likely the latter because we soon are going to learn just how badly the Dems abused the NSA data bases to spy on thousands of Americans, while seemingly oblivious to the consequences.
First we have Hillary's bathroom server, unsecure & loaded with classified intel, & hacked by China & who knows whatever foreign countries. Then, need I remind you about the Awan brothers... & followed by what is most important to us -- the alleged hacks of the DNC server & Podesta's server. And now the above...
benchmark
AG
drcrinum said:

This is an interesting read. It doesn't deal directly with our SpyGate thread, but it illustrates a pattern that repeats itself again & again, and plays a pivotal role in our thread: Democrats play loose with confidential/classified info. I think it's either a mental deficiency or an arrogance problem, likely the latter because we soon are going to learn just how badly the Dems abused the NSA data bases to spy on thousands of Americans, while seemingly oblivious to the consequences.

First we have Hillary's bathroom server, unsecure & loaded with classified intel, & hacked by China & who knows whatever foreign countries. Then, need I remind you about the Awan brothers... & followed by what is most important to us -- the alleged hacks of the DNC server & Podesta's server. And now the above...
Arrogance.

Liberal bad behavior is aided and abetted by almost everyone in DC's bureaucracy, the news media, entertainment industry, higher education, and a large portion of our judiciary.
TexAgs91
AG
will25u said:

From the article:
Quote:

Rep. Adam Schiff (D., Calif.), the chairman of the House Intelligence Committee who has been one of Mr. Barr's fiercest critics, said Wednesday that "we have very little visibility" into Mr. Barr's review.

I think it's funny how they describe Schiff as one of Barr's fiercest critics, like he's morally superior. I'll bet Strzok, McCabe and Brennan are also fierce critics of Barr.
"Freedom is never more than one election away from extinction"
Fight! Fight! Fight!
drcrinum
Link to Hannity-Manafort text messages:

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/6165133-Hannity-Manafort-Texts.html

Short thread on these text messages: (I tried for a threadreader but it's not working currently.)

They really wanted Manfort to make up ****against Trump & his family, especially Jared, & Rosenstein was in bed with Mueller & Weissmann.
aggiehawg
AG
Those final pages really took me back. Manafort talking about his lawyers' arguments regarding the Rosenstein August 2, 2017 memo to Mueller couldn't retroactively convey a delegation of authority to take the actions (search warrants) they did.

Seems like I was on the same page as Manafort's attorneys.

Oh, aannndd, Mueller, Weissmann and Rosenstein are...you know the rest.
drcrinum

https://davidharrisjr.com/politics/bombshell-former-italian-pm-renzi-obama-comrade-suspected-of-working-with-us-against-trump-resigns/

Perhaps this story is getting legs.
aggiehawg
AG
Interesting but I think some things get lost in the translation from Italian to English. So the news to me here is that Former PM Renzi is stepping down as head of his far left party just a few days after meeting with Obama.

Pay-off to be a fall guy?
First Page Last Page
Page 854 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.