Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,483,054 Views | 49269 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by aggiehawg
Patentmike
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

HEmail from Strzok

and the reply

I wonder if the request for a 4th CD Declass slot helped lead to Strzok's downfall. Not sure who all that goes to, but might have been the proverbial chipmunk who poked his head out at the wrong time.
PatentMike, J.D.
BS Biochem
MS Molecular Virology

RoscoePColtrane
GOVERNMENT'S FIRST AMENDED EXHIBIT LIST by USA as to Paul J. Manafort, Jr (Asonye, Uzo) (Entered: 07/31/2018)

23 pages long or I would post them.

https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.vaed.383106/gov.uscourts.vaed.383106.189.0_1.pdf
Never take a hostage you aren't willing to shoot,
Remember, America doesn’t negotiate with terrorists.
Code 7 10-42
RoscoePColtrane
Ellis ruled on the objections by team Manafort after they returned from lunch

Mueller wanted to enter into evidence photos of the Manfort's closets full of designer clothes and photos of their luxurious home.

Ellis isn't having it and sustained the objection

Quote:

"If it doesn't say Men's Warehouse, I don't know it" Ellis

Then Told Team Mueller

Quote:

"Enough is enough, we are not going to try and influence this trial with pictures of wealth. We don't convict people because because of wealth and throwing it around."

Appears Mueller is having second thoughts on calling Rick Gates now.

Team Mueller is taking a beating.
Code 7 10-42
Sarge 91
AG
aggiehawg said:

I may have overlooked it but I don't have any recollection of a key being used by the FBI during the motions to suppress. Anybody remember that?
Kept on the down low to use at trial?
Synopsis
RoscoePColtrane said:

Ellis ruled on the objections by team Manafort after they returned from lunch

Mueller wanted to enter into evidence photos of the Manfort's closets full of designer clothes and photos of their luxurious home.

Ellis isn't having it and sustained the objection

Quote:

"If it doesn't say Men's Warehouse, I don't know it" Ellis

Then Told Team Mueller

Quote:

"Enough is enough, we are not going to try and influence this trial with pictures of wealth. We don't convict people because because of wealth and throwing it around."

Appears Mueller is having second thoughts on calling Rick Gates now.

Team Mueller is taking a beating.

Love it. He's right. Are they that stupid to go there?

Thanks for the updates Roscoe.
Synopsis
And FWIW, I don't believe in paying extraordinary amounts of money for frivolous crap. I think it's ridiculous and demonstrates poor character. But if it's your money, you have every right to spend it on whatever the hell you want
aggiehawg
AG
Sarge 91 said:

aggiehawg said:

I may have overlooked it but I don't have any recollection of a key being used by the FBI during the motions to suppress. Anybody remember that?
I don't think Team Mueller expected that to come out since it raises the question of how did the FBI legally obtain a copy of a key to Manafort's home.
Synopsis
I wish this was being streamed!
Synopsis
aggiehawg said:

Sarge 91 said:

aggiehawg said:

I don't think Team Mueller expected that to come out since it raises the question of how did the FBI legally obtain a copy of a key to Manafort's home.

Do you believe they did get a copy? It appears as if they did.
aggiehawg
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

GOVERNMENT'S FIRST AMENDED EXHIBIT LIST by USA as to Paul J. Manafort, Jr (Asonye, Uzo) (Entered: 07/31/2018)

23 pages long or I would post them.

https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.vaed.383106/gov.uscourts.vaed.383106.189.0_1.pdf
Still over 450 exhibits, many of them pictures of his houses from many angles, his clothes, his cars, receipts for his clothes, his cars, his jewelry, etc. Massive overkill that will piss Ellis off if they keep trying to introduce them.
aggiehawg
AG
Synopsis said:

aggiehawg said:

Sarge 91 said:

aggiehawg said:

Since today was the first I had heard of it, I have no idea where it came from or may have come from.
RoscoePColtrane
aggiehawg said:

Synopsis said:

aggiehawg said:

Sarge 91 said:

aggiehawg said:

Since today was the first I had heard of it, I have no idea where it came from or may have come from.
Had it been obtained legally I doubt they'd have refused to disclosed where they got it from. This may come back to bite them. Wasn't like this was an apartment building where the Super could have let them in to avoid replacing the door and door jam. It was one of his houses. This has a funny smell to it.
Code 7 10-42
MouthBQ98
AG
I think the courts need to address the 4th amendment implications of investigating using the legal standards required for counterintelligence surveillance of foreign agents in purely criminal cases against American citizens and legal residents.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Whens lunch
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

That's bad. My wife tells me the same thing sometimes. Big trouble.
Not when I'm done with it.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
FriscoKid
AG
Any chance Ellis just tosses the case and it never goes to the jury?
SpreadsheetAg
AG
FbgTxAg
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

Hahahahaha. Prosecution is a clown-show!
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
From the linked article:

Quote:

The trial has recessed for lunch until 1:30 p.m., when prosecutors said they will return and call three more witnesses to the stand, including one of Manafort's suit makers Maximillian Katzman, The Washington Post reported.
How on earth is this relevant to any crime being prosecuted?
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
FriscoKid said:

I was wondering the same thing. If the judge has to continuously reprimand the prosecution, how long will he let this go on? Can he call a mistrial for not following his rules? I honestly don't know. Lawyers?
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Fuzzy Dunlop said:

FriscoKid said:

I was wondering the same thing. If the judge has to continuously reprimand the prosecution, how long will he let this go on? Can he call a mistrial for not following his rules? I honestly don't know. Lawyers?
Probably not, but he can hold them in contempt, right?

DA in OJ Simpson case held in contempt of Court (Ito) until he apoligized
https://www.nytimes.com/1995/02/24/us/simpson-prosecutor-incurs-ito-s-wrath-over-tirade.html
RoscoePColtrane
blindey said:

From the linked article:

Quote:

The trial has recessed for lunch until 1:30 p.m., when prosecutors said they will return and call three more witnesses to the stand, including one of Manafort's suit makers Maximillian Katzman, The Washington Post reported.
Beat me to it.

Mueller is losing ground fast
Code 7 10-42
Synopsis
blindey said:

From the linked article:

Quote:

The suit was MADE IN RUSSIA!
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Good gracious

FriscoKid
AG
blindey said:

From the linked article:

Quote:

This is awesome.
RoscoePColtrane
I find it funny that the Hill article paints it as he's scolding both sides, because all the live reporting I'm seeing is he's dressed down the prosecution three times today and once yesterday right off the bat.

Team Mueller is pushing the envelope with Judge Ellis IMHO
Code 7 10-42
aggiehawg
AG
blindey said:

From the linked article:

Quote:

It isn't. I mean, JFC! First Asonye tells Ellis he may not call Gates because he's trying "to shorten the trial" but he's going to call Manafort's tailor? What's next? His barber?
RoscoePColtrane
SpreadsheetAg said:

Good gracious

These are the very kind that will be on suicide watch when Mueller clears Trump in full and flushes the entire left wing narrative and future talking points down the toilet.

And the pivot from the left to demonize Mueller and call him a political hack afterwards will be epic. After being on their knees to fellate him three times a day as their savior, they will crash and burn so bad they may not recover.
Code 7 10-42
RoscoePColtrane
aggiehawg said:

blindey said:

From the linked article:

Quote:

It isn't. I mean, JFC! First Asonye tells Ellis he may not call Gates because he's trying "to shorten the trial" but he's going to call Manafort's tailor? What's next? His barber?
Dino Pageletti his cobbler
Code 7 10-42
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
aggiehawg said:

blindey said:

From the linked article:

Quote:

I'm holding my breath for an appearance by the fish pond maintainer himself.

So not being in the room I have no idea, but based on what we've seen reported and the contents of exhibit lists, was their trial strategy to spend a while trying to use expensive crap to get the jury to hate Manafort and then slip in the boring, actually prosecutable evidence at the end, hope to get a conviction on something, and evade (whatever the criminal version of a JNOV is called) by being able to point at whatever they got into the record on the back end? And the judge basically shut down the part where they get the jury to hate Manafort as not relevant?
FbgTxAg
AG
Motel Kamzoil, the tailor, is, in fact, Russian.
End Of Message
AG
Motel, hotel, Holiday Inn....
aggiehawg
AG
blindey said:

aggiehawg said:

blindey said:

From the linked article:

Quote:

I'm holding my breath for an appearance by the fish pond maintainer himself.

So not being in the room I have no idea, but based on what we've seen reported and the contents of exhibit lists, was their trial strategy to spend a while trying to use expensive crap to get the jury to hate Manafort and then slip in the boring, actually prosecutable evidence at the end, hope to get a conviction on something, and evade (whatever the criminal version of a JNOV is called) by being able to point at whatever they got into the record on the back end? And the judge basically shut down the part where they get the jury to hate Manafort as not relevant?
Directed verdict is the term you are looking for. And I agree this strategy is odd, do a little about his lavish lifestyle but then move onto to the nuts and bolts of how he paid for it using his tax returns and bank records.

ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
aggiehawg said:

Directed verdict is the term you are looking for. And I agree this strategy is odd, do a little about his lavish lifestyle but then move onto to the nuts and bolts of how he paid for it using his tax returns and bank records.
Has to be some serious combination of weak and dry if you're calling his tailor right out of the gate.
First Page Last Page
Page 557 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.