Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,482,847 Views | 49269 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by aggiehawg
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FJB
AG
Will someone grow a pair and serve some cold hard justice? So much BS. Enough is enough.
aggiehawg
AG
Prognightmare said:

Oh gee, snowflakes now have to be given documents before testifying? Such BS.
aggiehawg
AG
Congress members are only given a limited number of minutes, thus the normal trial or deposition process of handing witness a document and have them skim it is precluded in an open hearing.

Closed hearing? Not so much.
HeardAboutPerio
AG
Prognightmare said:

Looks like they got same treatment given to congress by the FBI when asking for documents...
redline248
AG
To me, this whole ordeal looks like one big thumbing of the nose by DOJ to the rule of law in our country. Something has to change.
coyote68
redline248 said:

To me, this whole ordeal looks like one big thumbing of the nose by DOJ to the rule of law in our country. Something has to change.

You got the nail on the head.

The DOJ/FBI do not want to be held accountable by Congress or the Executive Branch,

I suspect the reason Mueller has not proceeded with the Flynn sentencing related. If Flynn was coerced into guilty plea and sentenced based on false evidence that Rosenstein/Mueller knew was false, I don't know what that would mean for the DOJ. I suspect it is a trap for Mueller and Rosenstein. Patience!
oysterbayAG
AG
I think Trump and his people are letting the DOJ / FBI dig themselves into a deeper and deeper hole. Then when the political time is right, Trump will " Declassify " and blow them all the hell up !
MooreTrucker
AG
They've forgotten what that "J" actually stands for.
VaultingChemist
AG

Yes, that is Rudy G, and Rod Rosenstein at the SCOTUS nomination announcement.

Another picture:

drcrinum

I believe it is called: "lyin' to Congress." In my day, that was considered perjury, but by today's standards, I'm not certain what 'to the best of my knowledge' means.
Rapier108
drcrinum said:

I believe it is called: "lyin' to Congress." In my day, that was considered perjury, but by today's standards, I'm not certain what 'to the best of my knowledge' means.
Depends on your political affiliation.
aggiehawg
AG
aggiehawg said:

Hello! What do we have here?

Ellis' order denying Motion to Suppress

Quote:

f. Records related to, discussing, or documenting the Podesta Group

That is from an attachment to the May 27, 2017 search warrant for Manafort's storage unit. Yet the Podesta Group was allowed to quietly dissolve and disappear some months later.

Let's revisit this for a moment. The Podesta Group as specifically named in the Manafort search warrant. The Podesta Group is widely believed to be Company A in the Manafort indictments.

Soo, is Mueller pursuing the Podesta Group? Or does his "jurisdiction" not extend that far and he outsourced it to a US Attorney's office in DC or wherever??
RoscoePColtrane
Here's a thread on the multiple dossiers

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1016765360534482944
Never take a hostage you aren't willing to shoot,
Remember, America doesn’t negotiate with terrorists.
Code 7 10-42
RoscoePColtrane
This may not end well for Glenn Simpson

Code 7 10-42
aggiehawg
AG
Circular sourcing. Steele dossier haz it.
GCP12
AG
aggiehawg
AG
Another point made in the Ellis order denying the motion to suppress the evidence from the search of the storage unit. Order Here

Recall that that a Manafort employee with access to the unit and also was on the lease was sought out by FBI agents at his home. The FBI agents talked with him about what was in the unit, took him to the unit and had the storage facility manager pull the lease records to confirm. They then had the employee sign the consent form for the search BUT when the agents called DOJ they were told not to open any boxes, to wait until a warrant could be secured.

IOW, the agents could enter the unit under the consent form but could only observe and not search actual documents. And that is the distinction that upheld the search against the Motion to Suppress. Had documents been read and seized under the "consensual search" the result likely would have gone the other way.
RoscoePColtrane
Code 7 10-42
GCP12
AG
Comey admitted under oath they didn't interview Weiner about it either
RoscoePColtrane
Code 7 10-42
RoscoePColtrane
Corn responding to a parody account

Code 7 10-42
redline248
AG
I just looked at Corn's twitter. It's just full of lies about Trump, huh?
aggiehawg
AG
redline248 said:

I just looked at Corn's twitter. It's just full of lies about Trump, huh?
The guy still works for Mother Jones. He hasn't been a credible journalist for decades.
RoscoePColtrane
Corn got lit up with questions

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1017089605609316353.html
Code 7 10-42
HTownAg98
aggiehawg said:

Another point made in the Ellis order denying the motion to suppress the evidence from the search of the storage unit. Order Here

Recall that that a Manafort employee with access to the unit and also was on the lease was sought out by FBI agents at his home. The FBI agents talked with him about what was in the unit, took him to the unit and had the storage facility manager pull the lease records to confirm. They then had the employee sign the consent form for the search BUT when the agents called DOJ they were told not to open any boxes, to wait until a warrant could be secured.

IOW, the agents could enter the unit under the consent form but could only observe and not search actual documents. And that is the distinction that upheld the search against the Motion to Suppress. Had documents been read and seized under the "consensual search" the result likely would have gone the other way.

Bingo. This is what many don't get or chose to willfully ignore.
MouthBQ98
AG
Totally incompetent or totally biased?
heavens11
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

Totally incompetent or totally biased?
Insert "why not both" meme here
aggiehawg
AG
I don't know if it is SOP for Special Agents to call and check before all consensual searches or just ones where they are not sure a flunky employee has the requisite authority to grant a valid consent. The answer to that is apparently, "No, they don't."
HTownAg98
Of course not. But this isn't our typical case either. And Team Mueller may have still won that argument because the 4th Amendment has pretty much been thrown in the trash, and we have justices on SCOTUS who've never met a search warrant they didn't like.
aggiehawg
AG
HTownAg98 said:

Of course not. But this isn't our typical case either. And Team Mueller may have still won that argument because the 4th Amendment has pretty much been thrown in the trash, and we have justices on SCOTUS who've never met a search warrant they didn't like.
<sigh> Have to agree with you there but maybe the tide is very slowly turning and beginning to roll back.

That's why I think the Carter Page Title 1 FISA warrant is ground zero for a thorough reexamination of FISA procedures and unmasking under 702.
RoscoePColtrane
I like How Simpson avoided answering who is paying them now to keep digging for dirt on Trump

Code 7 10-42
RoscoePColtrane
Cuomo is going to sue the SCOTUS!!! Curious to which court is going to take that case? What an idiot.

Code 7 10-42
aggiehawg
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

Cuomo is going to sue the SCOTUS!!! Curious to which court is going to take that case? What an idiot.

Sue whom, exactly? And for what? Like everything else, Cuomo didn't think that one through.
Agnzona
Libs you are an entertaining bunch.
First Page Last Page
Page 520 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.