Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,482,934 Views | 49269 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by aggiehawg
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just a reminder, Judge Sullivan is holding a hearing on the Flynn sentencing today and has insisted that Flynn be present. Basically, Judge Sullivan wants to know exactly why Team Mueller is not ready for sentencing on an 8 month old guilty plea.

Might be no drama, might be fireworks.
Prosperdick
AG
aggiehawg said:

Just a reminder, Judge Sullivan is holding a hearing on the Flynn sentencing today and has insisted that Flynn be present. Basically, Judge Sullivan wants to know exactly why Team Mueller is not ready for sentencing on an 8 month old guilty plea.

Sadly I expect more of the same, no drama, more slow rolling. I hope I'm wrong.
akm91
AG
Should be interesting to say the least.
GCP12
AG
coyote68
aggiehawg said:

Ahh! The Federal Judge might just want to share a cup of coffee and talk about grand kids.

But my only limited and I hope last indirect interaction with a Federal Judge leads me to believe everyone needs to wear their big boy/girl panties. Meeting with a Federal Judge is not for the faint hearted.
drcrinum

https://amgreatness.com/2018/07/10/nunes-targets-the-real-collusion-the-media-and-doj/

Quote:

Nunes Targets the Real Collusion: The Media and DOJ

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) now is asking his congressional colleagues to compel open testimony from several people suspected of working as conduits between the Justice Department and the media to facilitate the Trump-Russia narrative.

In a July 5 letter to the joint task force of the House Oversight and House Judiciary committees, Nunes listed 15 people who may have exchanged information with Justice or FBI officials about ongoing investigations into the 2016 election, including the secret that the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court approved (and re-authorized three times) a warrant to spy on Trump campaign volunteer, Carter Page.

Nunes's list centers around Glenn Simpson, the founder of Fusion GPS, the firm that produced the Christopher Steele "dossier." Simpson was a longtime reporter for the Wall Street Journal. He then leveraged his chummy relationships with other journalists to peddle the dossier and start planting negative stories about Trump campaign associates a few months before the election......

Interesting read.

whatthehey78
AG
coyote68 said:

aggiehawg said:

Ahh! The Federal Judge might just want to share a cup of coffee and talk about grand kids.

But my only limited and I hope last indirect interaction with a Federal Judge leads me to believe everyone needs to wear their big boy/girl panties. Meeting with a Federal Judge is not for the faint hearted.
While playing a little (small stakes) poker with a number of lawyers in Houston, I remember one telling another (jokingly) that when you have a case before a Federal Judge..."The thing you want to do at the outset, is set the tone. Ask to approach the bench and when you get there...shake your finger in his/her face and in a stern voice say...'Don't eff with ME, Judge!'".

Not a lawyer, but it was good for a laugh...and yeah, I went home a little poorer.
Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and myself founded empires; but upon what foundation did we rest the creations of our genius? Upon force! But Jesus Christ founded His upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him. - Napoleon Bonaparte
aggiehawg
AG
coyote68 said:

aggiehawg said:

Particularly when the hearing was ordered sua sponte. That's the legal equivalent of a judge calling the parties on the carpet to explain themselves.
HTownAg98
So, as I predicted, nothing happened. Read the thread.
mrad85
AG
I'd like to see at least ONE win for the good guys.

This is depressing.
aggiehawg
AG
Oh well. Pushed back to August. But Team Mueller apparently assented. I take from that they are essentially done with Flynn.
drcrinum

HTownAg98
aggiehawg said:

Oh well. Pushed back to August. But Team Mueller apparently assented. I take from that they are essentially done with Flynn.

I agree. I think when it is all said and done, Flynn gets probation.
aggiehawg
AG
Okay, next up this week is Page testifying in a closed hearing and then Strzok in an open hearing. The difference? Page is separated from the FBI/DOJ meaning she should not have a DOJ attorney with her on the taxpayers dime, while Strzok is still employed and will have a DOJ attorney with him.

I'd wager Lisa Page has had a Marcia Clark-style makeover with a different hairstyle.
Prosperdick
AG
Prosperdick said:

aggiehawg said:

Sadly I expect more of the same, no drama, more slow rolling. I hope I'm wrong.
Nailed it.
drcrinum

Hmmm...Trump must know who it is, but I haven't seen the Fox News report.
RoscoePColtrane
Flynn Docket entry

Minute Entry for proceedings held before Judge Emmet G. Sullivan:Status Conference as to MICHAEL T. FLYNN held on 7/10/2018. The Court Accepts Parties Leave To File Status Report by 8/24/2018.Bond Status of Defendant: PERSONAL RECOGNIZANCE; Court Reporter: SCOTT WALLACE; Defense Attorney: ROBERT KELNER/ STEPHEN ANTHONY; US Attorney: BRANDON VAN GRACK/ ZAINAB AHMAD; (mac) (Entered: 07/10/2018)
Never take a hostage you aren't willing to shoot,
Remember, America doesn’t negotiate with terrorists.
Code 7 10-42
RoscoePColtrane
What Rosey signed wasn't a renewal on Page it was on Manafort I'm guessing. That was his "mischaracterization of what he signed" that he talked about.

Code 7 10-42
RoscoePColtrane
What do you want to bet that under that redaction talks about surveillance of Manafort with a FISA warrant.

Code 7 10-42
RoscoePColtrane
Judge ordered Manafort moved to a facility closer to DC, Possibly the Alexandria VA Facility
Code 7 10-42
drcrinum

Perhaps the squeeze on Manafort isn't to coerce him to flip on Trump but rather to have him divulge his secret pact with the FBI plotters; i.e., Manafort was a FBI plant into the Trump Campaign. Many have assumed Manafort was a plant, but for whom? FBI plotters? NC/HRC? Deep State? Russians?
BMX Bandit
If Manafort was an fbi plant, why would he keep quiet on that? You think he likes sitting in jail?
drcrinum
BMX Bandit said:

If Manafort was an fbi plant, why would he keep quiet on that? You think he likes sitting in jail?
If known only to the FBI plotters, he may value his life. Arkancide seems to be a common affliction among those who double cross HRC & Associates.
BMX Bandit
drcrinum said:

BMX Bandit said:

If known only the FBI plotters, he may value his life. Arkancide seems to be a common affliction among those who double cross HRC & Associates.

That is silly.

He's not protecting the FBI or Clinton's.

You really think he's spending millions & sitting in jail to protect someone?
drcrinum
BMX Bandit said:

drcrinum said:

BMX Bandit said:

If known only the FBI plotters, he may value his life. Arkancide seems to be a common affliction among those who double cross HRC & Associates.

That is silly.

Well, Manafort was having serious money issues in late 2015/early 2016; he couldn't pay back Deripaska ($10 million) for one and was depressed per the long biography posted several hundred pages back on our thread. He & Gates had also been involved in multiple ventures with the Podestas. Would Manafort at that point have consented to infiltrate the Trump Campaign for nefarious purposes? I think it's a possibility.
drcrinum

(Bad link in tweet; see below to go to article)

http://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/396307-Did-FBI-get-bamboozled-by-multiple-versions-of-Trump-dossier%3F

Quote:

Did FBI get bamboozled by multiple versions of Trump dossier?

...Now, memos the FBI is turning over to Congress show the bureau possessed at least three versions of the dossier and its mostly unverified allegations of collusion.

Each arrived from a different messenger: McCain, Mother Jones reporter David Corn, Fusion GPS founder (and Steele boss) Glenn Simpson.

That revelation is in an email that disgraced FBI counterintelligence agent Peter Strzok wrote to FBI executives around the time BuzzFeed published a version of the dossier on Jan. 10, 2017.

"Our internal system is blocking the site," Strzok wrote of the document posted on BuzzFeed. "I have the PDF via iPhone but it's 25.6MB. Comparing now. The set is only identical to what McCain had. (it has differences from what was given to us by Corn and Simpson.)"

The significance of Strzok's email is obvious to investigators who reviewed it in recent days. The FBI is supposed to be immune to manipulation by circular information flows, especially with sensitive investigations such as evaluating whether a foreign power tampered with an American election....

What if the dossier used for the FISA warrant application differed from the one available to the public?
MooreTrucker
AG
BMX Bandit said:

drcrinum said:

BMX Bandit said:

That is silly.

Better than being dead, though, right?
aggiehawg
AG
Hello! What do we have here?

Ellis' order denying Motion to Suppress

Quote:

f. Records related to, discussing, or documenting the Podesta Group

That is from an attachment to the May 27, 2017 search warrant for Manafort's storage unit. Yet the Podesta Group was allowed to quietly dissolve and disappear some months later.
RoscoePColtrane
Thread on todays transcripts in Judge Sullivan's Court

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1016776369596846080.html
Code 7 10-42
GCP12
AG
aggiehawg
AG
What a surprise.
MooreTrucker
AG
And what happens if she doesn't show up?
aggiehawg
AG
MooreTrucker said:

Well, technically, Congress asks DOJ to get an arrest warrant. But we know Rosenstein won't do that.
GCP12
AG
dcowboy808
AG
aggiehawg said:

MooreTrucker said:

Well, technically, Congress asks DOJ to get an arrest warrant. But we know Rosenstein won't do that.

I don't know if you heard, but he won't be extorted!
First Page Last Page
Page 519 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.