Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,483,073 Views | 49269 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by aggiehawg
SpreadsheetAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
scottimus said:

Where has it been said the "The Art of War" is his favorite book?

I am trying to find that one.

This says it's #1
https://www.usnews.com/news/slideshows/10-books-donald-trump-loves?slide=2
SpreadsheetAg
AG
This says his favorite is "All Quiet on the Western Front"

RoscoePColtrane
Andrew McCarthy was great on Outnumbered.

Never take a hostage you aren't willing to shoot,
Remember, America doesn’t negotiate with terrorists.
Code 7 10-42
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Here it says that The Art of War is Bannon's Top-2 (which doesn't exclude it from Trump's Top X, but there may have been some conflation there)

https://bigthink.com/robby-berman/presidential-advisor-steve-bannon-loves-the-art-of-war
SpreadsheetAg
AG
http://favobooks.com/tvradio/67-donald-trump.html
Quote:

"The Art of War" by Sun Tzu

Trump recommends you read this book in his book "Trump 101: The Way to Success".
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Quote:

"The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves."
aggiehawg
AG
drcrinum said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

This is the mmeting where a reporter told the prosecutors about Manafort's lock containing loads of documents, including the code to the lock on the locker. Somebody set up Manafort.
Although they weren't listed as being at the meeting, which former reporters were long-term jonesing to get Manafort for years? Glenn Simpson and his wife, Mary Jacoby.

Notice the meeting was set up by Weissman.

Judicial Watch noted this as well.

Let's revisit this for a moment. This a month before Comey is fired and Mueller is appointed. Weissman is head of crim fraud in the SDNY. Yet where has Manafort been indicted? In DC and Virginia not in Manhattan.

Why is that? Because of the quirky law in NY that a fed prosecution precludes a state prosecution for the same crime? Maybe. Was Weissman brought onto Mueller's Team because he had been investigating Manafort in the SDNY for awhile? That would appear to make sense.

Question becomes whether Mueller knew Weissman was leaking to the press before he asked him to be on the team.

And did Comey know about and approve that meeting? He was supposed to be in the middle of a leak investigation at the FBI at the time, after all.

Curious.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
RoscoePColtrane
SpreadsheetAg said:

Trump quotes the book all the time and has for years.
Code 7 10-42
RoscoePColtrane
Code 7 10-42
Prosperdick
AG
Quote:

"We believe that we have reached the beginning of the end of the Seth Rich murder investigation," Burkman told The Gateway Pundit Monday. "After two long hard years of work, we have a witness who is prepared to identify the two killers of Seth Rich. One is reportedly a current DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration) agent, the other is reportedly a current ATF (Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives) agent," Jack Burkman, told TGP in an exclusive interview.

The witness, who "fears for his life," has worked in government, will be accompanied by armed guards and disguise his identity as he provides details of how two employees of the United States government killed Seth in a press conference slated for Tuesday.
Sounds too good to be true so I'm not going to get my hopes up...
akm91
AG
Thought Burkman was discredited already?
drcrinum

Sounds inhumane. Mueller/Weissmann = evil.
Rapier108
Prosperdick said:

Quote:

"We believe that we have reached the beginning of the end of the Seth Rich murder investigation," Burkman told The Gateway Pundit Monday. "After two long hard years of work, we have a witness who is prepared to identify the two killers of Seth Rich. One is reportedly a current DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration) agent, the other is reportedly a current ATF (Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives) agent," Jack Burkman, told TGP in an exclusive interview.

The witness, who "fears for his life," has worked in government, will be accompanied by armed guards and disguise his identity as he provides details of how two employees of the United States government killed Seth in a press conference slated for Tuesday.
Sounds too good to be true so I'm not going to get my hopes up...
It sounds like complete BS.
VegasAg86
AG
aggiehawg said:

Why is that? Because of the quirky law in NY that a fed prosecution precludes a state prosecution for the same crime? Maybe. Was Weissman brought onto Mueller's Team because he had been investigating Manafort in the SDNY for awhile? That would appear to make sense.

A case Weissman was working on and meeting with the press about more than a month before Mueller was appointed arose out of the Mueller investigation?
🤡 🤡 🤡
aggiehawg
AG
VegasAg86 said:

aggiehawg said:

A case Weissman was working on and meeting with the press about more than a month before Mueller was appointed arose out of the Mueller investigation?
And it was a counter intelligence investigation, too. j/k

But in all seriousness, yes that is a contradiction albeit a distinction without a difference according to Judge Amy Berman Jackson. (Don't think Judge Ellis has precisely ruled quite yet.)
akm91
AG
Isn't tomorrow the court date for Ellis regarding Manafort?
aggiehawg
AG
akm91 said:

Honestly, I've lost track. I think it was continued to the 19th but could be wrong.
MouthBQ98
AG
Progressives don't care about causality.
RoscoePColtrane
aggiehawg said:

akm91 said:

Honestly, I've lost track. I think it was continued to the 19th but could be wrong.
Here's today's filings, Manfort is trying to bring in another attorney Ad Hoc

And as of now the Next Court Date is the 25th but he's asking for a continuance for more time

Code 7 10-42
ProgN

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/07/trump-putin-russia-collusion.html

This is a long read but I think the followers of this thread will enjoy it.
aggiehawg
AG
Hhmm. He wants to wait until after the DC trial in September? Indicates to me they think they'll be able to get him out of jail either on appeal or acquittal.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Prognightmare said:

Dude outright calls Trump a racist as if it's historical, indisputable fact... not reading the rest of that tripe.
ProgN
He's a FAR Left DB. He implies that Trump started working with Russia in 1987. I only know about it because Rush mentioned it today.
Rapier108
Prognightmare said:

They're so far past desperate it's actually pathetic now.

That said, if Trump has been controlled by the Soviets and later the Russians, the CIA, NSA, and FBI would have known about for decades and he would have been arrested long ago.
ProgN
Exactly
Rapier108
Prognightmare said:

Exactly
What's funny is the Democrats now think that anyone who did business with the Soviet Union or Russia are automatically puppets of those countries.

A guy my dad knew did business with the Soviets in the mid to late 80s, all legit and approved by the feds. His company was selling them agricultural products and the Soviets had to pay for the products in hard currency, gold, silver, platinum, diamonds, etc.

It was part of Ronald Reagan's plan to bankrupt the Soviet Union, and it worked.
akm91
AG
Quote:

Former FBI lawyer Lisa Page is expected to appear at a closed-door deposition in front of the House Judiciary and Oversight Committees on Wednesday, just one day before former bureau colleague and lover Peter Strzok is set to testify publicly about the start of the Russia investigation.

Lisa Page to appear behind closed doors in front of House Judiciary and Oversight Committees
Prosperdick
AG
akm91 said:

Quote:

Former FBI lawyer Lisa Page is expected to appear at a closed-door deposition in front of the House Judiciary and Oversight Committees on Wednesday, just one day before former bureau colleague and lover Peter Strzok is set to testify publicly about the start of the Russia investigation.

Lisa Page to appear behind closed doors in front of House Judiciary and Oversight Committees
You know what, in this case, I'd prefer her behind closed doors. Thick ones, too.
aggiehawg
AG
LOL.
redline248
AG
What are the odds Strzok and Page and McCabe and whoever are still communicating? Feds monitoring them?
ccatag
AG
redline248 said:

What are the odds Strzok and Page and McCabe and whoever are still communicating? Feds monitoring them?
Probably doing multi-person(s) texting to each other.
Yeah, that worked out well for them so far, right?

Think about it, where we would be if they hadn't been so stupid with all of that texting Information? Astounding.
ProgN
captkirk
AG
aggiehawg
AG
captkirk said:

Uhhmm, I think that's backwards. The AP guys gave the code to the FBI after they bribed the Manafort peon with access is more plausible.

ETA: Let me rephrase the above. AP reporters gave cash to Manafort peon employee in exchange for the code, then give it to the FBI but more importantly to Weissman while he's at the SDNY and before on Team Mueller. My theory from what is known at the moment.
First Page Last Page
Page 518 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.