Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,483,203 Views | 49269 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by aggiehawg
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

Trump not declassifying anything (not one) serves what and who's purpose?
Well the taxpayers, to start. Carter Page can sue the crap out of the government and Trump would be handing him the evidence to do so and win bigly.

Not saying that is the reason but it might be a consideration.
bobbranco
AG
It serves Trump.

The bad press "twitter rants" against SC Mueller has done wonders.
benchmark
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Well the taxpayers, to start. Carter Page can sue the crap out of the government and Trump would be handing him the evidence to do so and win bigly.

C'mon. Even a $1B judgement wouldn't move the needle ... that's like limiting SNAP benefits to 5 liters/wk for soft drinks. ;-)
ProgN
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

I hope this turns into a legal debate. My money is on Mrs. Hawg.

I'll hang up and listen.
aggiehawg
AG
Page is just the start. His was a Title 1 FISA warrant. With the two hop system? Thousands of people's privacy were illegally invaded.
RoscoePColtrane
So the FBI had the location and the lock code for Manafort's storage 6 weeks before they obtained a warrant to do the file grab.

Never take a hostage you aren't willing to shoot,
Remember, America doesn’t negotiate with terrorists.
Code 7 10-42
benchmark
AG
bobbranco said:

It serves Trump.
Maybe some version of this. Politically, maybe it's better to let Congress continue to drag it out, exhaust every effort, fail miserably, and then intercede. However. that's a big risk heading into midterms with an uncertain outcome.
RoscoePColtrane
This is interesting, floating around the twitterverse

Hill and Bill flying what looks like Delta, based on the seat, business class, guess all the loaner jets dried up

Code 7 10-42
txwxman
Cow Hop Ag said:

captkirk said:

drcrinum said:

Why are libs consistently degenerates?
It is the same thing. Not an millimeter of daylight between the two definitions.

That's what I always say! Anyone who has a slightly different view than me is an idiot. Gotta save my thinking energy for more portant things.
drcrinum

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1016097462107291649.html

Good thread by Rex.
drcrinum
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

This is the mmeting where a reporter told the prosecutors about Manafort's lock containing loads of documents, including the code to the lock on the locker. Somebody set up Manafort.
Although they weren't listed as being at the meeting, which former reporters were long-term jonesing to get Manafort for years? Glenn Simpson and his wife, Mary Jacoby.

Notice the meeting was set up by Weissman.

Judicial Watch noted this as well.
RoscoePColtrane
I've always believed that "Q" is a product of Brad Parscale, if not himself someone he's assigned to do it.
Code 7 10-42
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

So the FBI had the location and the lock code for Manafort's storage 6 weeks before they obtained a warrant to do the file grab.
Think about it. Mueller still went to the trouble of doing a "consensual" search with a Manafort peon who had access to the locker, yet they just took pictures of the labels on the boxes, guarded it until it closed and then came back with a precisely worded warrant.
aggiehawg
AG
Odd?

LINK
akm91
AG
aggiehawg said:

Odd?

LINK

Odd in what way?
K2-HMFIC
aggiehawg said:

Odd?

LINK
Let's see what POTUS does at Helsinki...if we give in on Crimea and Sanctions lots of questions are going to be raised.

There is a legitimate argument for triangulation with Russia vis-a-vis Syria/PRC...but POTUS' Russia Baggage makes it problematic.
aggiehawg
AG

Quote:

Just getting to Moscow was difficult for the lawmakers; Russian authorities made it difficult to get visas. Johnson, in his role as subcommittee chair, had tried to organize a trip to Russia in January. The trip was to have included Johnson, Republican Sen. John Barrasso, and Democratic Sen. Jeanne Shaheen. The Russians reportedly denied a visa to Shaheen.

"I met with Ambassador [Anatoly] Antonov in December," Johnson said. "He said the whole purpose was to start improving our relationship. But then he brought up the fact that there just might be a problem with one of the members of the delegation not being granted a visa. But he said we can take care of that if you let members of the Duma into America. In other words, they were playing games. So unfortunately I had to cancel that trip, because we were not going to let them play that type of game."

Why would the Dem be denied?

Quote:

"They spent all kinds of time pushing back," Johnson said, "saying you want evidence of interfering in politics? What about the money you actually appropriate to do just that? They had plenty of pushback."
Of course, the Russians admitted nothing, claiming there was no evidence to prove the election-meddling accusations against them. But everyone knew the U.S. intelligence community has determined that Russia tried to influence the American election, and that the Russian effort could not have happened without the knowledge of top Russian leaders. Still, the Russian leaders talking to the U.S. delegation did not concede anything.

"I wasn't expecting anybody to confess anything, and of course they didn't," Johnson said. "They just pushed back. They said you guys do way worse than we have done."

As is always the case with Russia, there was a lot of complaining about U.S. sanctions. The senators reminded the Russian officials that the minimum condition for even the possibility of loosened sanctions is no interference in the 2018 U.S. midterm elections.

"You want a better relationship? Obviously we can't see any evidence of interference in the 2018 elections," Johnson said. "That case was made time and time and time again. There could be no misunderstanding that the basic table stakes of ongoing discussions, improving the relationship, is to stop interfering in our elections. We could not have made that more plain."

"Hearing it delivered loudly and clearly from a bunch of Republican senators that election meddling is a very, very serious issue that matters to us, and if there's any hope that any of these sanctions get lifted, that they've got to demonstrate some change," added Thune. "We were there to find out if there's a path forward to a more responsible relationship between our two countries, starting with their quitting interfering in our democratic process."

The lawmakers in addition to Thune and Johnson, there were Sens. Richard Shelby, Steve Daines, John Hoeven, John Kennedy, and Jerry Moran, in addition to Rep. Kay Granger also talked about Russian military aggression. Though the largest single topic was election meddling, there was also time spent on Ukraine, Crimea, Syria, and INF treaty and nuclear weapons issues.

cbr
AG
if the locker wasnt even accessed after 2013, then how the **** can they obtain a warrant? it's per se irrelevant no matter what on its face from that date.
RoscoePColtrane
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Think about it. Mueller still went to the trouble of doing a "consensual" search with a Manafort peon who had access to the locker, yet they just took pictures of the labels on the boxes, guarded it until it closed and then came back with a precisely worded warrant.
Well it seems like the AP reporters named are pushing back saying they didn't give any location or Name to the FBI.... Hmmm what about the code, no mention of that or whether they gave them that.

Code 7 10-42
RoscoePColtrane
Looks like Jim Jordan's accuser held a different view not long ago

Code 7 10-42
K2-HMFIC
Disabato said in the interview where he talks about this stuff that he considers Jordan a friend. That's not news.
RoscoePColtrane
K2-HMFIC said:

Disabato said in the interview where he talks about this stuff that he considers Jordan a friend. That's not news.
"One of the few that actually stands by principle consistently" - in 2017

And his current accusations directly contradict that tweet. I'd say it's news, it just doesn't fit your talking points I get it.
Code 7 10-42
BMX Bandit
Very ironic that you say he is pushing a talking point.
You are doing exactly that by posting that tweet. As "evidence"!

I think this whole attack on Jordan is garbage. It's clear that the media wants to take him down because of his position against the investigation.

But that tweet Makes it more likely that DiSabato is telling the truth. He likes Jordan. But in this case, he says Jordan is not being honest.

If the case were thst DiSabato was someone that always criticize Jordan and was a giant liberal, then his comments about Jordan and the Ohio state situation would have a far far less credibility

Put it this way, who do you give more credibility to if they are criticizing Trump? Nancy Pelosi or Ted Cruz?
Houston Lee
AG
I really don't GAF what Jim Jordan knew or didn't know. Are people actually trying to equate Jim Jordan on the same level of the sexual abuser?

It pales in comparison to the crap that is being uncovered in the abuse of power done by the Obama admin/DOJ/FBI and what THEY knew and what THEY did.

This story will go away very soon.

RoscoePColtrane
BMX Bandit said:

Very ironic that you say he is pushing a talking point.
You are doing exactly that by posting that tweet. As "evidence"!

I think this whole attack on Jordan is garbage. It's clear that the media wants to take him down because of his position against the investigation.

But that tweet Makes it more likely that DiSabato is telling the truth. He likes Jordan. But in this case, he says Jordan is not being honest.

If the case were thst DiSabato was someone that always criticize Jordan and was a giant liberal, then his comments about Jordan and the Ohio state situation would have a far far less credibility

Put it this way, who do you give more credibility to if they are criticizing Trump? Nancy Pelot see or Ted Cruz?
Actually his political views are of no real relevance to me.

But his history of a tirade on Ohio State for losing out on a contract bid for services, and then being sued for making false claims multiple times and losing, being in financial dire as of late makes a good case as to motivation.

The fact that he was brought forward by Perkins Coie is troubling to me, and the fact that Jordan has been raking Perkins Coie over the coals in the media for the past year or so, is just a coincidence.

I also find it suspect that this doctor that was a buck fifty soaking wet was intimidating NCAA college wrestlers, grown men who are top level athletes in a combat sport. Just not buying it. And for 30 years they sit on this, and the doctor has beed dead since 2005?

Money makes people do a lot of strange things.
Code 7 10-42
BMX Bandit
All of those are very relevant to judging his credibility. Agree completely.

But that has nothing to do with my post or your spurious claim about "Talking points"

Patentmike
AG
Never mind.
PatentMike, J.D.
BS Biochem
MS Molecular Virology

drcrinum

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1016295020486328320.html

Good thread.
BMX Bandit
The Jewish guy was controlling it all along!
redline248
AG
Not the only person who has called Manafort a plant.
aggiehawg
AG
redline248 said:

Not the only person who has called Manafort a plant.
Manafort is an opportunist. Was he supposedly in on the scheme or just a useful idiot steered in the targeted direction?

My understanding was that Manafort had a home in Trump Tower for several years before Trump ran. Did Roger Stone push Manafort?
IDAGG
AG
drcrinum said:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1016295020486328320.html

Good thread.
That is quite a stretch. I guess potentially it could be true, but hiring Manafort, knowing how slimy he is doesn't seem like a 24D chess move.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

That is quite a stretch. I guess potentially it could be true, but hiring Manafort, knowing how slimy he is doesn't seem like a 24D chess move.
Yeah, I like Trump but don't consider him some Jedi Master. I also think Brad Parscale was the computer genius guy, not Kushner.

That Sandra Bullock movie, Our Brand is Crisis, comes to mind. Trump's brand is either that or "controlled chaos."
scottimus
AG
Where has it been said the "The Art of War" is his favorite book?

I am trying to find that one.
Suppose I was an idiot. Suppose I was a member of congress. But, I repeat myself.
RoscoePColtrane
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Yeah, I like Trump but don't consider him some Jedi Master. I also think Brad Parscale was the computer genius guy, not Kushner.

That Sandra Bullock movie, Our Brand is Crisis, comes to mind. Trump's brand is either that or "controlled chaos."
Swampers convinced Trump that Manafort was needed for the delegate issues that could arise with the never Trumpers. I'm sure a scumbag like Manafort has a little black book of dirt on everybody. That's the only way I could envision him having any leverage to "wrangle" delegates. His 49 days involvement with the campaign is really the only thing that gave he whole collusion story any real teeth.

Totally agree about Pascale, but it was Kushner that found him, and took him to Trump, so he get's an assist on the home run. I think Pascale had a genius approach to polling and message.
Code 7 10-42
First Page Last Page
Page 517 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.