Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,483,958 Views | 49269 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by aggiehawg
SpreadsheetAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MooreTrucker said:

sam callahan said:

I've had loads of doubts throughout that anything resembling justice will be served.

Having said that, some of you naysayers better be careful. Folks in these parts don't take kindly to having their distorted reality pierced.
Snide comment aside, I think you're wrong on that. I think more and more of us ARE having doubts. I'm all for 5D chess and all, but patience is not one of my strong suits. It seems as though we're moving away from anything actually being done.
AGree with this. The hunt and the intrigue is fun to follow, but I am more mad that nothing is (visibly) being done for justice, than I am at the people doing the crimes at this point. It's hard to be mad a person for following their own nature (Criminal Libs)... it's righteous to be deadly angry at people who know a wrong thing has been done and yet do nothing to bring about justice, or worse, sweep it under the rug.
IDAGG
AG
drcrinum said:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/07/michael-flynn-case-guilty-plea-not-going-away/

Sobering article on General Flynn from Andrew McCarthy.

Yeah that doesn't look good for Flynn. Isn't McCarthy a former US Attorney?
drcrinum
IDAGG said:

Yeah that doesn't look good for Flynn. Isn't McCarthy a former US Attorney?
Assistant US Attorney for Southern District of New York. Lead prosecutor against 'The Blind Sheikh' in the 90s.
RoscoePColtrane
This is an interesting read from a former US Ambassador to Russia Jack F. Matlock Jr.

http://jackmatlock.com/2018/06/musings-ii-the-intellience-community-russian-interference-and-due-diligence/
Never take a hostage you aren't willing to shoot,
Remember, America doesn’t negotiate with terrorists.
Code 7 10-42
fasthorse05
SpreadsheetAg said:

MooreTrucker said:

sam callahan said:

I've had loads of doubts throughout that anything resembling justice will be served.

Having said that, some of you naysayers better be careful. Folks in these parts don't take kindly to having their distorted reality pierced.
Snide comment aside, I think you're wrong on that. I think more and more of us ARE having doubts. I'm all for 5D chess and all, but patience is not one of my strong suits. It seems as though we're moving away from anything actually being done.
AGree with this. The hunt and the intrigue is fun to follow, but I am more mad that nothing is (visibly) being done for justice, than I am at the people doing the crimes at this point. It's hard to be mad a person for following their own nature (Criminal Libs)... it's righteous to be deadly angry at people who know a wrong thing has been done and yet do nothing to bring about justice, or worse, sweep it under the rug.
I completely understand. Y'all just have to remember how slowly things work in courts, investigations, etc..

Remember, to my knowledge, the whole Watergate investigation was dead in the water until Deep Throat ponied up documents. I always knew we were going to have something like that, as everyone else will plead the 5th, or just say "it's classified". There are lots, and lots, of parts to this, and it's way more than one investigation.

Roscoe can attest to the time crawl of legal matters. It does no good to throw in the towel, which I don't think y'all are doing, but it's going to take a while. I will admit the way the last two days have gone, the Dems might just get the House, impeach Trump (you know they will for anything), and about 20 Senate Republicans will vote for it. It's pretty frustrating!

I don't understand why more elected Pubs in DC don't seem to care about these issues, unless, of course, they're somehow implicated.

It appears that Sessions is not only a poor leader, but a lousy attorney, and worse man. I've held my tounge on him a long time, hoping that his previous monicker of being a "silent assassin" was correct. I have no choice but to be hopeful, and will gladly be willing to eat whatever form of crow, on a paper plate.

Yes, I want to be proven right, but more importantly, I want the country to not be run by severly corrupt offcials (not all of them are elected).

Time will tell, and i have to keep the faith.
Hate is how progressives sustain themselves. Without hate, introspection begins to slip into the progressive's consciousness, threatening the progressive with the truth: that their ideas and opinions are illogical, hypocritical, dangerous, and asinine.
This is backed by data.
RoscoePColtrane
For those that need a laugh

Code 7 10-42
toolazy
What to make of this? Adam Waldman, lobbyist for Oleg Deripaska, visited Julian Assange nine times.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2018/jun/20/us-lobbyist-for-russian-oligarch-visited-julian-assange-nine-times-last-year
HTownAg98
drcrinum said:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/07/michael-flynn-case-guilty-plea-not-going-away/

Sobering article on General Flynn from Andrew McCarthy.

Heh. I was accused of being a Don Lemon acolyte about what McCarthy said.

I still don't think Flynn will serve any time. And it won't be because Trump pardons him. This is assuming he keeps sticking to his plea deal.
Rockdoc
AG
It's amazing. Flynn might get convicted for what he did while Hillary goes merrily along her way sucking on her bottle of vodka. Just wonderful.
Whens lunch
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

For those that need a laugh

this is almost enough to turn on CNN or MSNBC to see how they react.
geoag58
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

This is an interesting read from a former US Ambassador to Russia Jack F. Matlock Jr.

http://jackmatlock.com/2018/06/musings-ii-the-intellience-community-russian-interference-and-due-diligence/

Very good read. The fact that clapper hand picked the analyst's tells you all you need to know. Then they left out the state departments own intelligence agency from the analysis, apparently since they disagreed with clappers cabal. These traitors need to be exposed.
Fight against the dictatorship of the federal bureaucracy!
RoscoePColtrane
Code 7 10-42
RoscoePColtrane
drcrinum said:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1014351249754415110.html

Well, well...looks like we have another candidate for a 'private contractor' involving unauthorized 702 queries...Integrity Applications Incorporated. They need to question Strzok about this outfit. Sounds very suspicious considering the cyber expertise of this outfit and its DOD contracts. I can imagine how an outfit like this could have 'secretive' access to the NSA database.

Rosie found something interesting pertaining to this contractor

Code 7 10-42
drcrinum

Quote:

Quote:

We sit down with a team of attorneys from the Department of Justice. All of whom review that and provide a briefing for us for what's in it. And I've reviewed that one in some detail, and I can tell you the information about that doesn't match with my understanding of the one that I signed, but I think it's appropriate to let the Inspector General complete that investigation. These are serious allegations. I don't do the investigation I'm not the affiant. I'm reviewing the finished product, sir.
I'm not a Rosenstein apologist, and I'm not trying to convince you of his motives or intents. My personal opinion of Rosenstein (just to frame reference), is that he's a coward. He's kicking a MASSIVE problem over to Inspector General Michael Horowitz because he is afraid of it. Rosenstein doesn't want to be 'that guy' who confronts deep state corruption of this scale. so he insufferably shirks that responsibility over to the IG. In my opinion, that makes him a coward; then again, it could be more accurate to say it makes him a bureaucrat he is.

However, focus on the substance, not the insufferable parseltongue. First, the public information about the FISA application is: the Nunes memo; the Schiff memo; and the Grassley memo. All direct sourced from the actual application. Second, all members of the House and Senate intelligence committee have been allowed access to the "full and unredacted" FISA memo since April 6th, 2018. So there is no way for Rosenstein to hide behind the customary opaque nature of this specific FISA issue. In short, he can't lie about it.

Deputy AG Rosenstein is essentially saying he was mislead by "a team of attorneys from the Department of Justice." That's a fanciful way of saying the DOJ-NSD briefing officials lied to him about the content of the reauthorization application.

OK, so in response we might initially say: 'well if they lied to you, then prosecute them damnit'. and our voices would be righteous. However, the weasels have an out that President Obama helped create.Remember the Susan Rice, James Comey, James Clapper and Loretta Lynch meeting in the Oval Office that Rice wrote down in her inauguration day memo-to-self? Remember the "by the book" instructions.

Well, it would be "by the book" for the DOJ-NSD officials to lie to the Deputy AG about a counterintelligence operation, if the Deputy AG was within linear authority to the subject or target of the counterintelligence operation. They are allowed to lie to him.....

Oh my. It was okay to lie/mislead Rosenstein because the subject of the investigation (Trump) was Rosenstein's boss. You may want to read the entire article. The principals who 'lied/misled' Rosenstein are essentially gone (retired/departed), but now the investigation is now in the hands of 'outside contractors' -- Mueller et al.
drcrinum

Yes, I saw that in the replies earlier.
Fountain
A question(or 3) for you legal eagles...are the operative words here "in DC"? If the guy only lived in DC while in the US, can he be charged with anything else relating to this matter?

or

If not, can dealing with DWS allow charges to be brought against him in Florida or anywhere in the US that a House Rep lives/is from?

Forgive my legal knowledge/reading comprehension and verbiage of the questions.

Thanks to Roscoe, Hawg and DrC(and everyone else) for all of their contributions to this thread.
RoscoePColtrane
Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure TITLE V. VENUE Rule 18. Place of Prosecution and Trial

Rule 18. Place of Prosecution and Trial

Unless a statute or these rules permit otherwise, the government must prosecute an offense in a district where the offense was committed. The court must set the place of trial within the district with due regard for the convenience of the defendant, any victim, and the witnesses, and the prompt administration of justice.

28 U.S.C. former 114 (now 1393, 1441) provides:

All prosecutions for crimes or offenses shall be had within the division of such districts where the same were committed, unless the court, or the judge thereof, upon the application of the defendant, shall order the cause to be transferred for prosecution to another division of the district.

Within the framework of the foregoing constitutional provisions and the provisions of the general statute, 28 U.S.C. 114 [now 1393, 1441], supra, numerous statutes have been enacted to regulate the venue of criminal proceedings, particularly in respect to continuing offenses and offenses consisting of several transactions occurring in different districts. Armour Packing Co. v. United States, 209 U.S. 56, 73 77; United States v. Johnson, 323 U.S. 273. These special venue provisions are not affected by the rule.

• Section 103 [now 18 U.S.C. 3237 ] (Offenses begun in one district and completed in another)

The Awan's had two residences, one in VA and one in FLA

They also had three offices, 1 in VA, 1 in FLA, 1 in ARK

The Bank Fraud took place in Alexandria, Virginia on November 7, 2014, for $187,500.00

Also the Plea deal only mentions the dismissal of charges against his wife Hina Alvi Awan

No mention of charges being dropped against the brother Abid A Awan who was also charged but never indicted that we know of.

There are several twitter discussions going back and forth on all this by claimed attorneys, all have different interpretations of the Venue argument, it's interesting to watch. There are a lot of moving parts.

But the fact that he is pleading out a case that was committed in the EDVA and he's being tried in the DCC gives a little credence to the argument on venue.

Code 7 10-42
FJB
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

drcrinum said:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1014351249754415110.html

Well, well...looks like we have another candidate for a 'private contractor' involving unauthorized 702 queries...Integrity Applications Incorporated. They need to question Strzok about this outfit. Sounds very suspicious considering the cyber expertise of this outfit and its DOD contracts. I can imagine how an outfit like this could have 'secretive' access to the NSA database.

Rosie found something interesting pertaining to this contractor

I recognize this map from a Q drop way back at the beginning of the year. Something about IP addresses emanating from outside but near Dulles. Wish I could remember the exact details to see if relevant. I will poke around. May not be related.

Found it...still could be unrelated.

RoscoePColtrane
Well seems there are different opinions all over

Quote:

The House IG had uncovered two Dropbox accounts installed on computers operated by the IT workers, which were likely to have contained sensitive files.

"While file sharing sites, such as Dropbox, have legitimate business purposes, use of such sites is also a classic method for insiders to exfiltrate data from an organization," the IG presentation states.

In the plea deal, prosecutors in the Awan case presented evidence to the contrary of that of House investigators.

It said that based on its own investigation of the allegations, including interviewing 40 witnesses and obtaining computers and other electronic devices, it had found "no evidence that your client illegally removed House data from the House network or from House members' offices, stole the House Democratic Caucus server, stole or destroyed House information technology equipment, or improperly accessed or transferred government information, including classified or sensitive information."

Prosecutors did not provide an explanation for why its findings were divergent from those of the House Office of Inspector General and of Capitol Hill Police.

Under the plea deal, Awan could face between zero and six months in jail and pay a fine of between $500 and $9,500. Awan's lawyer, Christopher Gowen, said they are seeking a probation-only sentence without a fine or restitution.

Given the potential national security implications, attorney generals outside of the District of Columbia could still decide to investigate the case if additional information surfaces.

Media reporting has revealed that potential witnesses with knowledge of the case, such as other House IT workers, had not been approached by the FBI for questioning.

Quote:

Wasserman Schultz suggested that data moving off her office's server might have been files the office routinely stored on Dropbox, an Internet-based document-sharing service. House rules prohibit moving data off the main server, but Wasserman Schultz has said in a public hearing that House administrators had not made those rules clear.
Code 7 10-42
Tailgate88
AG
This thread delivers. Yet another good band name:

Quote:

insufferable parseltongue
akm91
AG
Anyone has idea when the next IG report will be available? Sounds like the draft is done and making the rounds.

(Gratuitous bump to keep thread on page juan)
MouthBQ98
AG
Especially when they are tasked with that specific responsibility and have volunteered for the task.
RoscoePColtrane
akm91 said:

Anyone has idea when the next IG report will be available? Sounds like the draft is done and making the rounds.

(Gratuitous bump to keep thread on page juan)
Reportedly it is in the review process
Code 7 10-42
Rockdoc
AG
Oh they are working on the summary now that will remove the fangs and render it harmless.
RoscoePColtrane
Code 7 10-42
aggiehawg
AG
Hesitate to use the Grinch gif since my hopes are being dashed on a daily basis, at this point.

But have to say Nunes has some damn good lawyers on his staff. (He's a businessman, not a lawyer.) They are building or trying to build a case and pointing him in the right directions.
akm91
AG
I agree and definitely feel let down with the Anwan crap that surfaced this week.
Reservoir Dog
Looks like Mueller is adding more folks to the SC team. Is this thing ever going to end?!?

https://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/07/05/report-mueller-adding-more-resources-to-his-17m-russia-meddling-and-collusion-probe/
benchmark
AG
aggiehawg said:

Hesitate to use the Grinch gif since my hopes are being dashed on a daily basis, at this point.

But have to say Nunes has some damn good lawyers on his staff. (He's a businessman, not a lawyer.) They are building or trying to build a case and pointing him in the right directions.
Denial ...not a river in Egypt and it works for me. ;-).
HTownAg98
Reservoir Dog said:

Looks like Mueller is adding more folks to the SC team. Is this thing ever going to end?!?

https://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/07/05/report-mueller-adding-more-resources-to-his-17m-russia-meddling-and-collusion-probe/

No. Looking at the data, they tend to average about 4-5 years. The Valerie Plame investigation was relatively quick at about 3 years. The Henry Cisneros investigation took 9 years.
drcrinum

https://www.wsj.com/articles/will-the-fbi-come-clean-1530833315

Nothing new in this article, but it is encouraging to see an article like this published in the WSJ.
Wildcat
AG
HTownAg98 said:

Reservoir Dog said:

No. Looking at the data, they tend to average about 4-5 years. The Valerie Plame investigation was relatively quick at about 3 years. The Henry Cisneros investigation took 9 years.

Sounds like these things are just cash cows for DC attorneys.
Rapier108
Reservoir Dog said:

Mueller never expected the Russians he indicted to actually fight back, so now he has to actually do some work on those cases. He also likely expected Manafort to roll over, and now that that didn't happen, he is going to have to actually do some real court work there as well.
captkirk
AG
toolazy said:

What to make of this? Adam Waldman, lobbyist for Oleg Deripaska, visited Julian Assange nine times.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2018/jun/20/us-lobbyist-for-russian-oligarch-visited-julian-assange-nine-times-last-year
Adam Waldman is also Johnny Depp's lawyer. Dude gets around. Maybe Johnny Depp is a Russian operative
atmtws
AG
captkirk said:

toolazy said:

Adam Waldman is also Johnny Depp's lawyer. Dude gets around. Maybe Johnny Depp is a Russian operative
Didnt Johnny Depp threaten to kill Trump?
First Page Last Page
Page 512 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.