Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,487,417 Views | 49269 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by aggiehawg
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Drain the swamp
MouthBQ98
AG
They believed Trump & Co were inexperienced and incompetent and hubris led them to believe they were already committed and to have faith in the power of the bureaucracy to act as kingmaker and intimidate or manipulate the president. They tried to "go soft" with Comey and others dropping hints that if Trump would play ball they might find a compromise, but Trump doesn't work that way. So, being committed, and more importantly, feeling self righteous, the top level guys simply ratcheted efforts up a notch.
drcrinum

http://dailycaller.com/2018/05/17/halper-trump-page-papadopoulos/

Quote:

Days after Carter Page's high-profile trip to Moscow in July 2016, the Trump campaign adviser had his first encounter with Stefan Halper, a University of Cambridge professor with CIA and MI6 contacts.

The conversation seemed innocent enough, Page tells The Daily Caller News Foundation. He recalls nothing of substance being discussed other than Halper's passing mention that he knew then-campaign chairman Paul Manafort. But the interaction was one of many that the pair would have over the next 14 months, through a period of time when Page was under the watchful eye of the U.S. government.

Their relationship included a number of in-person meetings, including at Halper's farm in Virginia....

It's called 'source validation' of a human source. Halper has to be working for the CIA/FBI. There must be field reports submitted by Halper that were subsequently included with the FISA warrant application & renewals.

(The article also goes into detail about Halper's meetings with Papadopoulos.)
backintexas2013
AG
People named in the report?
VaultingChemist
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

MouthBQ98
AG
coyote68 said:

It is going to be interesting to see how Mueller spins his report to Rod Rosenstein. Rudy Guliani is reporting that Mueller's team acknowledges a President cannot be indicted. Mueller's report to Rosenstein will have to attempt to take down Trump without being in conflict with the facts of the OIG report.

With the OIG report coming in a few days, I'm sure Mueller wants to read it carefully and craft his report so as not to be found to be incompetent or conflict with the evidence.

It appears tha Mueller will test the limits of his power to attempt to trap the POTUS. The OIG report may prevent Mueller from throwing his friend Comey a lifeline. It also appears that Comey may have involved Mueller in some of his illegal activities. Time will tell.

Just personal opinion, but Mueller and his band of Hilary followers are very dangerous now because they have nothing to lose. Except their license to practice law. Also my opinion, Mueller is trying to solve a political issue(I don't like the word problem) through our judicial system by creating a crime where none exists. In our Republic, political issues are resolved at the ballot box. Mueller may go down in history as being arrogantly ignorant of how our Constitution works. His buddy Comey may go down as incompently stupid. Comey may soon get to see how the wheels of justice work from a new perspective.

Stay tuned. I suspect the lawyers in DC are getting ready to stay busy.

Mueller has a bigger problem: there are likely a series of OIG investigations, possibly in several departments, going on because of all the garbage that has turned up. By no means can he count on this next report to tell him what he has to be cautious of, because subsequent releases could do him even more damage if he commits based on this next one.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Will they let them resign? I would much rather they be fired and then thrown in jail.
RoscoePColtrane
I don't think Mueller is going to produce any sort of opinion or referral in writing with all the OIG investigations going on, and until Mueller is on firm ground that anything he puts out won't get destroyed by an OIG investigation that will have proof of their findings. There is one thing you learn when reading OIG reports regardless if they are over irregular overages in copy paper consumption in the DOJ (don't laugh it's a real thing) and OIG reports on improper procedural processes, you name it; they are thorough, they are well documented and they have solid evidense. If they don't have evidense they leave it as undetermined or don't mention it all together.
Never take a hostage you aren't willing to shoot,
Remember, America doesn’t negotiate with terrorists.
Code 7 10-42
RoscoePColtrane
Maybe this is they question he didn't want to have to answer in closed session under oath, with no place to hide except plead the 5th. So Comey didn't appear yesterday, scheduling conflict... yeah right
Code 7 10-42
Whens lunch
AG
I admit to being ignorant, so somebody please set me straight!

Should this entire conspiracy be confirmed as many of us expect..... and Comey and his FBI cronies, the DOJ persons involved, Brennan, Clapper, etc are all indicted....how do they ever get convicted in a jury trial.

I don't see the downside for any of this bunch. They'll be bankrolled 'til the end of time, juries will always have a liberal on them that will ignore the evidence. If necessary, the juries will be tampered with.

I want them exposed and all the facts out but hoping anybody's going to jail seems like a pipe dream. They all have a different view of their reputations also. They won't be disgraced in the eyes of the Left. They'll all be heroes, getting 6 figure speaking engagements.

Same for HRC. I just don't see her ever getting convicted by a jury of anything from U1dealings to Clinton Foundation racketeering to national security violations in spite of the evidence.

Somebody tell me that there's some way to avoid a jury trial for this filth.
pacecar02
It's been my experience that when you confront an individual or at times a group with the truth in regards to perceived "mis-statements" or a set of facts that are materially different than what they claimed, they double down and get angry. They never let the "front" die.

It's strange, but there is little point in arguing.
MooreTrucker
AG
Whens lunch said:

Should this entire conspiracy be confirmed as many of us expect..... and Comey and his FBI cronies, the DOJ persons involved, Brennan, Clapper, etc are all indicted....how do they ever get convicted in a jury trial.

I don't see the downside for any of this bunch. They'll be bankrolled 'til the end of time, juries will always have a liberal on them that will ignore the evidence. If necessary, the juries will be tampered with.

I want them exposed and all the facts out but hoping anybody's going to jail seems like a pipe dream. They all have a different view of their reputations also. They won't be disgraced in the eyes of the Left. They'll all be heroes, getting 6 figure speaking engagements.

Same for HRC. I just don't see her ever getting convicted by a jury of anything from U1dealings to Clinton Foundation racketeering to national security violations in spite of the evidence.

And when it all does come out, it's going to be twisted around or ignored/dismissed/downplayed by the media so that nothing substantial ever comes from it and very few minds are changed.

Or am I just being REALLY cynical?
Garrelli 5000
AG
WTF! I had a contract w/the SEC and they practically gave me, family, friends, and neighbors a full body cavity search to pass the background checked for low level clearance that pretty much just allowed me to come/go from the building, but not every room.

And in the end, both my wife and I's identities were stolen from the govt., so I won 3 years for free credit monitoring
Staff - take out the trash.
Tailgate88
AG
Why the emoticon, Roscoe? Isn't this what we've all been waiting for?

I feel like we should all be getting together for happy hour to celebrate!
backintexas2013
AG
I can't seem to find the retraction to the retraction by Simpson. I know it's here somewhere.
B2Ag05
AG
MooreTrucker said:

Whens lunch said:

And when it all does come out, it's going to be twisted around or ignored/dismissed/downplayed by the media so that nothing substantial ever comes from it and very few minds are changed.

Or am I just being REALLY cynical?
I know this isn't the Q thread, where the topic of the slow, methodical approach is hammered regularly, but even publicly and verifiably there's evidence that there's some housecleaning that's both taken place and is taking place to preempt some of these concerns.

Take AG Schneiderman's departure and the unsealing of the Weiner indictment last night. Do you think the indictment could have been safely unsealed before the Schneiderman roadblock was removed?

My cynicism is couched to a large degree because of the skill and tact that some journalists and commentators have pointed out to me. Some parties may not get everything they deserve, but the country at large will be the beneficiaries of this amazing windfall.
Line Ate Member
AG
I think that is his, "You don't say" face as well as his "It took you long enough to catch up with me on all of this crap," face.

All about to come full circle hopefully!!!
MooreTrucker
AG
I agree that overall this will be good for America as a country to "drain the swamp", but I also don't think the average schmoe is going to really know or understand what's going on here. It's going to be painted as vindictive butt-covering by Trump and no one will ever rally see what despicable people Obama, the Clintons, et al. really are. They'll just ride off into the sunset and large speaking compensations/book deals.

You mention the Schneiderman and Weiner deals. Does the average schmoe even know who that is and will it matter to them?
drcrinum

captkirk
AG
Cepe said:

drcrinum said:

Quote:

They'll apparently let anyone into the FBI these days. Even Columbia University law professors who didn't pass a full FBI background check.

All you have to do is be friends with the director. And you too can have access to classified documents and government secrets.

Welcome to 1920 2018.

James Comey leaked his Trump memos to Daniel Richman and recently claimed he was a specially-appointed FBI agent. However, True Pundit has learned Richman never passed a full FBI background check used to vet candidates for FBI employment, federal law enforcement sources said.

Former FBI agent Michael McMahon, an expert on FBI vetting, called Richman's mystery appointment to the FBI and lack of vetting "very strange."

"National Security is in the spotlight, and the DOJ / FBI are all too well-aware of this," McMahon said. "If the American people were to know of the FBI's shoddy policies and practices with regard to background checks and vetting, there would be great outrage among the masses."

Specifically, federal sources said, Richman's relatives, associates, and colleagues at Columbia University as well as previous places of employment were never questioned to ascertain Richman's characteristics and integrity. Also a number of federal computer and electronic sweeps were never conducted on Richman, sources said.

It would almost seem that the federal government was not aware Richman was any type of employee until Comey publicly announced it weeks ago....

Lawmakers are only beginning to raise questions about Richman's status. (See Letter below article) Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, said the information about Richman and his special FBI status first emerged during closed-door testimony by Comey's former chief of staff James Rybicki before the House oversight and judiciary committees....

https://www.scribd.com/document/379492664/2018-05-01-Goodlatte-Gowdy-to-Sessions-Rosenstein-Re-Richman-Due-5-15#from_embed

Hmmmm..... Comey's a POS.

It was a dumb move by Comey. I think he was trying to block the attack that he gave classified information to non-FBI people but it is going to backfire because this guy was never an employee.
Even if he was FBI, he leaked it to the press, so wouldn't he be guilty instead of Comey?
coyote68
Why would the government give the judge the unredacted memo?
RoscoePColtrane
He's one of these sources I keep an eye on and wait and see. He tweets out a lot of duds as well. Someone posted one of his tweets about 15 pages ago and I starting watching his and he checks the pasta pretty regular.
Code 7 10-42
Line Ate Member
AG
Because if they don't, the Manafort case will go kerplunk. Also, they probably didn't want to be held in contempt.

Wow...they got it to him a day early. Impressive
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
coyote68 said:

Why would the government give the judge the unredacted memo?
Because he told them they had to.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
drcrinum said:

Interesting.

What is really interesting is that they just filed it under seal.

Remember at the hearing, team Mueller discussed CIPA potentially being implicated. The judge responded that, "if this is a CIPA issue, raise it and we will go from there."

Turns out they were bluffing.
MouthBQ98
AG
My point is Mueller can't necessarily control his timing because he pretty much has to wait out any relevant OIG report that could affect his own investigation negatively.
RoscoePColtrane
drcrinum said:

So the blacked out didn't hide sources and methods or an acting agents name that would be Arkancided if he were found out?

It hid the fact that they extended to SoL on his 2005 charges? Didn't realize it was a matter of National Security whether or not you're screwing Paul Manafort in court.
Code 7 10-42
Rockdoc
AG
Whens lunch said:

I agree with what you said about getting a conviction. For that reason, trump should immediately pardon any big dogs like Brennan or Comey if they are indicted (if that's possible). That would give trump a perpetual "one up" on all those snakes.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
So the, "oh, judge....CIPA might be implicated" line that team Mueller went with was a bluff.

A synonym for a bluff is a lie.

I bet that buys them credibility with Judge Ellis.
RoscoePColtrane
So busted.... Ellis should have fun with this. Doesn't get Manafort off, but the handling things from here on out with Ellis should be entertaining.
Code 7 10-42
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

So busted.... Ellis should have fun with this. Doesn't get Manafort off, but the handling things from here on out with Ellis should be entertaining.
I think it increases the likelihood that the super-double-secret-probation memo gets unsealed and docketed.
RoscoePColtrane
"We're not going to have any further transparency issues are we Mr. Weismann?"

Code 7 10-42
RoscoePColtrane
Code 7 10-42
drcrinum
blindey said:

RoscoePColtrane said:

I think it increases the likelihood that the super-double-secret-probation memo gets unsealed and docketed.
Is it possible that Mueller is looking for a lifeline now that his investigation is in shambles? Meaning, he's hoping the judge says you have no authority to be going after Manafort -- Rosenstein exceeded his authority -- case dismissed. Oh, and by the way, Rosenstein's appointment of a SC did not meet established procedures. Close down your office and go home.
RoscoePColtrane
Code 7 10-42
First Page Last Page
Page 371 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.