Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,491,526 Views | 49269 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by aggiehawg
Garrelli 5000
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A friend from college works for the ACLU. Based on his FB posts, the ACLU is now about sticking it to the right, not fighting for what is right.
Prosperdick
AG
Did people seriously think the ACLU would do anything....they're a joke and have been for a while.
akm91
AG
Adam Ag 98 said:

A friend from college works for the ACLU. Based on his FB posts, the ACLU is now about sticking it to the right, not fighting for what is right.
They've always been about supporting liberalism as far as I can recall.
Rapier108
Adam Ag 98 said:

That's been the ACLU's mission for decades. Now they don't have to even pretend anymore to be interested in justice..
aggiehawg
AG
Well, well, well! Turns out those Mueller charges against Russians and Russian companies might see the inside of a US courtroom after all. This is very interesting.

According to Politico

Quote:

A Russian company criminally charged with interfering in the 2016 U.S. presidential election formally notified a federal judge Wednesday that it has retained U.S. attorneys a move that could be a bid to gain access to evidence that special counsel Robert Mueller's office gathered in preparing the case.

Two Washington-area attorneys Eric Dubelier and Kate Seikaly of law firm Reed Smith filed official appearances on behalf of Concord Management and Consulting.

Quote:

Concord is nominally in the restaurant business and is owned by Yevgeniy Prigozhin, an associate of President Vladimir Putin often referred to as "Putin's chef." If the gambit was successful, Prigozhin could effectively obtain a trial without putting himself personally at risk.

Prosecutors could attempt to head off such a strategy by dismissing Concord and, perhaps, the other corporate defendants, from the case.
Quote:

When the criminal case was filed, many legal experts predicted it would lie dormant indefinitely and never go to trial because none of the defendants were likely to set foot in the U.S. or in a country from which they could be readily extradited. However, no individual is required to appear on behalf of a corporate defendant, other than a lawyer for the company.

Quote:

However, by appearing in court through counsel, Concord could force prosecutors to turn over discovery about how the case was assembled as well as evidence that might undermine the prosecution's theories. In addition, Concord's move creates the possibility of a trial that could expose sensitive intelligence information without the prospect of ultimately sending anyone to prison.
Your move, Bob. Dismiss them and fold? Or prepare to show your cards??
whatthehey78
AG
Beginning to surmise the Swamp is "with us" until the 12th of never. The rest of us..."commoners / non-elitist" are/will be victims forever and justice is just another hollow word. Not enough "patriots" or white knights to prevail.
Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and myself founded empires; but upon what foundation did we rest the creations of our genius? Upon force! But Jesus Christ founded His upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him. - Napoleon Bonaparte
drcrinum

Interesting tidbit.
Rapier108
drcrinum said:

Interesting tidbit.
Mueller is interviewing everyone, probably in an attempt to keep them from speaking to anyone else.
aggiehawg
AG
Rapier108 said:

drcrinum said:

Interesting tidbit.
Mueller is interviewing everyone, probably in an attempt to keep them from speaking to anyone else.
Did you see that POS Menendez badger him about the Mueller interview? Pompeo declined to discuss the specifics of what was discussed. Menendez got all snarky and said something like, "Well, I could just call Director Mueller...er...Special Counsel Mueller and ask if you or anyone else have been ordered not to talk about it!"

Pompeo let that one pass. If it were me, I would have gone Zoolander.

No one (or very few) who has been interviewed by Mueller nor testified before either of his grand juries have come out publicly. There's a reason for that. The threat is implicit if not explicit.

Will be interesting to see how Comey dances around that issue in his upcoming book tour. (BTW: Mueller should be tearing his hair out over Comey doing this right now. The likelihood Comey messes up in such a way to compromise his investigation is very high. No prosecutor would want his/her/ premier witness making public statements directly about the subject of the investigation...ever.)
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Quote:

If it were me, I would have gone Zoolander.
(That's not Zoolander)
akm91
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

Quote:

(That's not Zoolander)
Starsky?
aggiehawg
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

Quote:

(That's not Zoolander)
Funny that's what came up in the Google search for the gif. Whatever. Not a big Stiller fan.
MooreTrucker
AG
akm91 said:

SpreadsheetAg said:

Quote:

(That's not Zoolander)
Starsky?
Dodgeball
Secolobo
AG
akm91 said:

Adam Ag 98 said:

I always thought that was what the L stood for...
Can I go to sleep Looch?
drcrinum

No details provided concerning the meeting...supposedly to discuss routine Justice Department business.
FbgTxAg
AG
drcrinum said:

No details provided concerning the meeting...supposedly to discuss routine Justice Department business.

I wonder if Rod's "memos" from this meeting leak out sometime in the future?
drcrinum

Turns out Dana Boente was present at the Trump - Rosenstein meeting, so Trump had a 'white hat' witness. Of course if Trump fired Rosenstein, he would likely pick Boente as the acting replacement (maybe even permanent replacement).
TacosaurusRex
MooreTrucker said:

akm91 said:

SpreadsheetAg said:

Quote:

(That's not Zoolander)
Starsky?
Dodgeball

I can finally contribute to this thread instead of just lurking (thanks to Hawg, Roscoe, & others).

Starsky is the correct answer here.
"If you are reading this, I have passed on from this world — not as big a deal for you as it was for me."
T. Boone Pickens
coyote68
I wonder if Trump's recorder was working?

Just a shot across the bow. There will be more.
BQ78
AG
So Putty Put is coming to his puppets aid is he?
akm91
AG
MooreTrucker said:

akm91 said:

SpreadsheetAg said:

Quote:

(That's not Zoolander)
Starsky?
Dodgeball
This is Dodgeball

aggiehawg
AG
Comey's book excerpts have started. The only thing of note in the yahoo article is this:

Quote:

The 6-foot-8 Comey describes Trump as shorter than he expected with a "too long" tie and "bright white half-moons" under his eyes that he suggests came from tanning goggles. He also says he made a conscious effort to check the president's hand size, saying it was "smaller than mine, but did not seem unusually so."
Comey's prepping for a spin on the red carpet interviewing celebs on what they are wearing on E network? Has that snarky fashion critic thing going for him.
stetson
AG
Quote:

The 6-foot-8 Comey describes Trump as shorter than he expected with a "too long" tie and "bright white half-moons" under his eyes that he suggests came from tanning goggles. He also says he made a conscious effort to check the president's hand size, saying it was "smaller than mine, but did not seem unusually so."
Wow, what a condescending dbag.
BMX Bandit
All shots that Comey knows will draw Trump's ire
aggiehawg
AG
Speaking of ties.

CrazyDayDuck
aggiehawg said:

Rapier108 said:

drcrinum said:

Interesting tidbit.
Did you see that POS Menendez badger him about the Mueller interview? Pompeo declined to discuss the specifics of what was discussed. Menendez got all snarky and said something like, "Well, I could just call Director Mueller...er...Special Counsel Mueller and ask if you or anyone else have been ordered not to talk about it!"

Pompeo let that one pass. If it were me, I would have gone Zoolander.

No one (or very few) who has been interviewed by Mueller nor testified before either of his grand juries have come out publicly. There's a reason for that. The threat is implicit if not explicit.

Will be interesting to see how Comey dances around that issue in his upcoming book tour. (BTW: Mueller should be tearing his hair out over Comey doing this right now. The likelihood Comey messes up in such a way to compromise his investigation is very high. No prosecutor would want his/her/ premier witness making public statements directly about the subject of the investigation...ever.)

It wouldn't be the first time a Mueller investigation was totally hosed. The clown royally screwed up the Anthrax investigation.

When you consider how he had four innocent people thrown in prison (two of which died in prison) during the Whitey Bulger debacle, it makes you wonder about all the Belt Way Boys that said Mueller's reputation was "Impeccable".

This guy is as incompetent as Obama...and just as corrupt when you consider his (and Weissmann's) history of hiding exculpatory evidence for the defense.
Prosperdick
AG
aggiehawg said:

Comey's book excerpts have started. The only thing of note in the yahoo article is this:

Quote:

Comey's prepping for a spin on the red carpet interviewing celebs on what they are wearing on E network? Has that snarky fashion critic thing going for him.
PLEASE be true!!!

Prosperdick
AG

Mafia boss...what a tool.
CrazyDayDuck
stetson said:

Quote:

Wow, what a condescending dbag.

All President Trump has to tweet is, "Trash talking from a 6'8" soy boy that tries to hides behind curtains is hysterical. Phoney Comey, my man."
aggiehawg
AG
friscodick said:

Mafia boss...what a tool.
I'm surprised he didn't liken Trump to Tony Montana.

For the hair alone.
CrazyDayDuck
drcrinum said:

I heard President Trump whipped it out and slapped Rod in the face with it.
aggiehawg
AG
drcrinum said:

Why do both Rosenstein and Sessions have elf ears?

Prosperdick
AG
I don't ask for much but please oh please let Comey get perp walked into a squad car and for good measure, hit his dome as he's getting put into the vehicle.

Is that really too much to ask?
CrazyDayDuck
Secolobo said:

akm91 said:

Adam Ag 98 said:

I always thought that was what the L stood for...

ACLU = American Criminals Liberation Union

The organization is almost as evil as Planned Parenthood.

They do cartwheels whenever people like Casey Anthony get away with murder.
drcrinum

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/973347110220308480.html

Thread on Tony Podesta. "Be patient."
First Page Last Page
Page 264 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.