Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,493,440 Views | 49269 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by aggiehawg
Bockaneer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think Deats said something like what you're talking about.
titan
S
BenFiasco14 said:

aggiehawg said:

garc said:

I agree with Titan: Trump should fire Mueller or have Rosenstien give him a deadline of a few months to wrap up.

I just don't think it matters politically at this point.
If the Flynn plea deal gets thrown out and/or Manafort's case gets dismissed either in whole or in part, I think that's pretty much it for Mueller.
Mueller isn't going to stop even with that. Dudes oooking into decades old business dealings with Trump. Stuffed his nose into manaforts lobbying in Ukraine totally unrelated to trump. I wish I had a job where my boss told me to do whatever the hell I want and get paid a **** ton of money. There will be no conclusion to this investigation unless mueller is fired or trump doesn't get re-elected. Now, if a republican wins the office then mueller keeps going. It only ends if a democrat becomes president or he gets fired
That is why think Bongino is right. Because of the case he laid out.

Fire the guy somewhere in the summer, after the IG report. HIllary's continued speeches have helped maintain the awareness of it simply is a partisan divide. Trump won't lose many votes over it--- not compared to the ones the Democrats showing their hand as definitely for gun confiscation and open borders for immigration has mobilized for Trump that he may not have had before, plus the economic relief.
BenFiasco14
AG
titan said:

BenFiasco14 said:

aggiehawg said:

garc said:

I agree with Titan: Trump should fire Mueller or have Rosenstien give him a deadline of a few months to wrap up.

I just don't think it matters politically at this point.
If the Flynn plea deal gets thrown out and/or Manafort's case gets dismissed either in whole or in part, I think that's pretty much it for Mueller.
Mueller isn't going to stop even with that. Dudes oooking into decades old business dealings with Trump. Stuffed his nose into manaforts lobbying in Ukraine totally unrelated to trump. I wish I had a job where my boss told me to do whatever the hell I want and get paid a **** ton of money. There will be no conclusion to this investigation unless mueller is fired or trump doesn't get re-elected. Now, if a republican wins the office then mueller keeps going. It only ends if a democrat becomes president or he gets fired
That is why think Bongino is right. Because of the case he laid out.

Fire the guy somewhere in the summer, after the IG report. HIllary's continued speeches have helped maintain the awareness of it simply is a partisan divide. Trump won't lose many votes over it--- not compared to the ones the Democrats showing their hand as definitely for gun confiscation and open borders for immigration has mobilized for Trump that he may not have had before, plus the economic relief.
Oh of course. Firing Mueller would only fire up trumps base, not hurt it. Anybody who's paying attention can tell this is as trump stated himself a political "witch hunt". Firing him would of course be huge news and the leftist media would cream themselves but it probably wouldn't matter much to the electorate.

Reminds me, GCP12, are you still of the opinion mueller is a white hat or whatever? Haven't seen that theory in awhile.
bobbranco
AG
Thanks for the clear opinion.
BenFiasco14
AG
Bockaneer said:

I think Deats said something like what you're talking about.
That this thread is being watched?
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Mueller isn't going to stop even with that.
I'm not sure with Mueller's boss, Rosenstein in the crosshairs for Carter Page's FISA-gate. The connection of the Steele dossier to the warrant on Page and that nexus with the Trump/Russia collusion as the basis of Mueller's appointment...well it's like a house of cards. Pull one out and everything crashes down.

Did you follow that?
titan
S

I think this thread is being confused with Q thread?
BenFiasco14
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

I'm not sure with Mueller's boss, Rosenstein in the crosshairs for Carter Page's FISA-gate. The connection of the Steele dossier to the warrant on Page and that nexus with the Trump/Russia collusion as the basis of Mueller's appointment...well it's like a house of cards. Pull one out and everything crashes down.

Did you follow that?
I did. And you're absolutely right. I'd agree in 99% of other scenarios. However, I believe this investigation is its own beast. It's cheered on by the press and has been portrayed as untouchable. If Mueller had any dignity, he'd resign after what you stated happens, but he won't. As has been theorized in this thread numerous times, this is a coup by the "deep state" and it'll be propped up no matter what. It'll need some sort of internal defeat. And sessions isn't giving me much hope even since his prosecutor appointment to "look into" the FISA abuse.

Hope I'm wrong, but this is how I perceive it.
BenFiasco14
AG
titan said:

I think this thread is being confused with Q thread?
No. And apologies this can just die. Roscoe clarified. Had said at some point people outside of TexAgs were watching this thread, was a joke because the alt media broke a story this thread had discussed days prior
aggiehawg
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Did you follow that?
I did. And you're absolutely right. I'd agree in 99% of other scenarios. However, I believe this investigation is its own beast. It's cheered on by the press and has been portrayed as untouchable. If Mueller had any dignity, he'd resign after what you stated happens, but he won't. As has been theorized in this thread numerous times, this is a coup by the "deep state" and it'll be propped up no matter what. It'll need some sort of internal defeat. And sessions isn't giving me much hope even since his prosecutor appointment to "look into" the FISA abuse.

If there is a finding that the Carter Page FISA warrant was improperly obtained and then extended...fruit of the poisonous tree. Anything Mueller has that arose from the illegal surveillance, particularly from a two hop to other persons is inadmissible. Gone.

That's my point. If Rosenstein is found to have abused his discretion or worse in signing the application for extension, then a double boom. Looks more like Mueller was appointed as part of a cover-up for those improper activities that took place under Comey and Rosenstein's watch, not to mention Lynch's.
BenFiasco14
AG
aggiehawg said:

BenFiasco14 said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Did you follow that?

If there is a finding that the Carter Page FISA warrant was improperly obtained and then extended...fruit of the poisonous tree. Anything Mueller has that arose from the illegal surveillance, particularly from a two hop to other persons is inadmissible. Gone.

That's my point. If Rosenstein is found to have abused his discretion or worse in signing the application for extension, then a double boom. Looks more like Mueller was appointed as part of a cover-up for those improper activities that took place under Comey and Rosenstein's watch, not to mention Lynch's.
Excellent point. And true, inadmissible in court if that happens. I guess my point is more non legal and that this investigation is a circus presiding under the court of public opinion. Whose going to be the judge that makes that ruling? The public won't accept that. Of course, legally you're right, there'd be nothing there. But I don't put it past this whole dog and pony show to drag it out anyway. The fact a special counsel was appointed almost immediately after a president was duly elected to look into why he won was unprecedented in itself.
fasthorse05
I'm going to have to find the Serenity Prayer, because I have to remember it does no good to worry over something I have no control over. It's just after 8 frickin' years of 5-6 highly questionable legal shenanigans, I can't wait to to say "told ya so", but it never ends quite like that.

I do have a question about the "intent" defense that McCabe (and probably Comey) are apparently using. I would say it was so successful for Clinton, and I foamed at the mouth every time I saw a Dem legal authority saying the law says "USC code blah, blah, says if the plaintiff didn't know, then they're innocent"!, but she apparently had legal help of her own from the Feds.

I just don't want either McCabe, or Comey, getting exonerated because "there was a miscommunication" between the two buttheads!

Hate is how progressives sustain themselves. Without hate, introspection begins to slip into the progressive's consciousness, threatening the progressive with the truth: that their ideas and opinions are illogical, hypocritical, dangerous, and asinine.
This is backed by data.
drcrinum

The latest from TCTH. DOJ/FBI cannot give un-redacted documents to Congress because Congress leaks like a sieve, plus it adds a political twist to matters. Until the OIG Report is released & indictments are filed, look for DOJ/FBI to slow peddle the release of documents. All the noise coming from Congressional Committee Chairmen (all Repubs) is probably fake anyway (for political purposes -- to keep their constituents happy and to provide political exposure), because they can go to the SCIF at DOJ/FBI and read the un-redacted documents.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

I just don't want either McCabe, or Comey, getting exonerated because "there was a miscommunication" between the two buttheads!
Fully understand the frustration because I share it.

However, the "miscommunication" take is by the lawyer...meaning it's spin. McCabe's legal interests and Comey's legal interests have become diametrically opposed. Comey has a perjury problem and so does McCabe, over communications and authorization between the two of them. They both cannot "win."

Feel better, darlin'?
drcrinum

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2018/03/31/details-of-mccabes-false-statements-surfacing-strong-likelihood-those-lies-show-origin-strzok-and-page-text-messages/

Must read: TCTH playing sleuth and parsing the 4 times McCabe lied to authorities about the leaked info for the WSJ article. He believes that the investigation into McCabe's lies by Horowitz led to Page and her text messages, and then the subsequent dismissal of P & S from Mueller's Team. Be sure to read the *Footnote at the end of the article.

aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Last point. Given the sensitivity of the issues and the severity of the conduct that ultimately evidenced (highlighted by the appointment of Huber), the story of Strzok and Page having an "affair" was used as cover. Strzok and Page may have had a sexual encounter [I doubt it and also don't care about that part] but the investigative entities needed a cover story for text message control and redactions while a criminal investigation was ongoing.
Aaahhh! So the withheld texts weren't "of a personal nature" after all??

They didn't sound like lovers to me. But that cover story makes perfect sense now.
aggiehawg
AG

Quote:

A federal complaint was unsealed today charging Candace Marie Claiborne, 60, of Washington, D.C., and an employee of the U.S. Department of State, with obstructing an official proceeding and making false statements to the FBI, both felony offenses, for allegedly concealing numerous contacts that she had over a period of years with foreign intelligence agents.

The charges were announced by Acting Assistant Attorney General Mary B. McCord for National Security, U.S. Attorney Channing D. Phillips of the District of Columbia and Assistant Director in Charge Andrew W. Vale of the FBI's Washington Field Office.

"Candace Marie Claiborne is a U.S. State Department employee who possesses a Top Secret security clearance and allegedly failed to report her contacts with Chinese foreign intelligence agents who provided her with thousands of dollars of gifts and benefits," said Acting Assistant Attorney General McCord. "Claiborne used her position and her access to sensitive diplomatic data for personal profit. Pursuing those who imperil our national security for personal gain will remain a key priority of the National Security Division."

"Candace Claiborne is charged with obstructing an official proceeding and making false statements in connection with her alleged concealment and failure to report her improper connections to foreign contacts along with the tens of thousands of dollars in gifts and benefits they provided," said U.S. Attorney Phillips. "As a State Department employee with a Top Secret clearance, she received training and briefing about the need for caution and transparency. This case demonstrates that U.S. government employees will be held accountable for failing to honor the trust placed in them when they take on such sensitive assignments"

"Candace Claiborne is accused of violating her oath of office as a State Department employee, who was entrusted with Top Secret information when she purposefully mislead federal investigators about her significant and repeated interactions with foreign contacts," said Assistant Director in Charge Vale. "The FBI will continue to investigate individuals who, though required by law, fail to report foreign contacts, which is a key indicator of potential insider threats posed by those in positions of public trust."
LINK
aggiehawg
AG
Shameless bump.

Sue me.
Sharpshooter
AG
aggiehawg said:

Shameless bump.

Sue me.
Typical attorney.
aggiehawg
AG
Sharpshooter said:

aggiehawg said:

Shameless bump.

Sue me.
Typical attorney.
Retired but old habits die hard. IYKWIM.
Pure Aggie
AG
dis gettn real good now....

RoscoePColtrane
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Last point. Given the sensitivity of the issues and the severity of the conduct that ultimately evidenced (highlighted by the appointment of Huber), the story of Strzok and Page having an "affair" was used as cover. Strzok and Page may have had a sexual encounter [I doubt it and also don't care about that part] but the investigative entities needed a cover story for text message control and redactions while a criminal investigation was ongoing.

They didn't sound like lovers to me. But that cover story makes perfect sense now.
We do know the redaction process has been highly questionable for a fact. We learned that when Grassley released his version of one of the reports that were released under FOIA, (for the life of me I can't pinpoint it in my head which one it was, given the plethora of stuff we've encountered in this thread alone) but Grassley's revealed that a huge key redaction was just an embarrassing point, and nothing to do with being classified or of national security. I'm willing to believe that there is a lot of that going on, being redaction abuses. Just redacting things because it embarrasses some bureaucrat, is just plain BS. If it embarrasses them that much maybe they shouldn't have been doing it. Like you said it's making a lot of sense know with this whole lovers lane cover story.
Never take a hostage you aren't willing to shoot,
Remember, America doesn’t negotiate with terrorists.
Code 7 10-42
Prosperdick
AG
I knew they weren't lovers "allegedly" but it makes me happy knowing Strzok and his wife have to cringe every time they're referred to as lovers in public.

Also she just is not attractive...at all, I know looks aren't everything but c'mon.
benchmark
AG
drcrinum said:

Be sure to read the *Footnote at the end of the article.
Footnote image almost as good.

3 Toed Pete
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

We do know the redaction process has been highly questionable for a fact. We learned that when Grassley released his version of one of the reports that were released under FOIA, (for the life of me I can't pinpoint it in my head which one it was, given the plethora of stuff we've encountered in this thread alone) but Grassley's revealed that a huge key redaction was just an embarrassing point, and nothing to do with being classified or of national security. I'm willing to believe that there is a lot of that going on, being redaction abuses. Just redacting things because it embarrasses some bureaucrat, is just plain BS. If it embarrasses them that much maybe they shouldn't have been doing it. Like you said it's making a lot of sense know with this whole lovers lane cover story.

I believe that was the string of texts that discussed Strzok being friends with the FISA judge.
benchmark
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

.... I'm willing to believe that there is a lot of that going on, being redaction abuses. Just redacting things because it embarrasses some bureaucrat .....
Redaction abuse galore.

Also, the matter of 5 months of PS/LP text msgs that magically disappeared ... then reappeared ... the text messages immediately preceding Mueller's appointment. And is Mueller or a DOJ prosecutor holding up the release and why? Crickets.
aggiehawg
AG
benchmark said:

RoscoePColtrane said:

.... I'm willing to believe that there is a lot of that going on, being redaction abuses. Just redacting things because it embarrasses some bureaucrat .....
Redaction abuse galore.

Also, the matter of 5 months of PS/LP text msgs that magically disappeared ... then reappeared ... the text messages immediately preceding Mueller's appointment. And is Mueller or a DOJ prosecutor holding up the release and why? Crickets.

As I recall, Mueller requested that text messages between Page/Strzok from the period they were attached to his investigation be withheld so as to not compromise pending investigations. Horowitz still has them however.
RoscoePColtrane
aggiehawg said:

benchmark said:

RoscoePColtrane said:

Redaction abuse galore.

As I recall, Mueller requested that text messages between Page/Strzok from the period they were attached to his investigation be withheld so as to not compromise pending investigations. Horowitz still has them however.
Wasn't there a sign off like text, when they figured out they were being monitored. It was like a very carefully worded type of text and they went to burner phones after that?

The last text is from Page to Strzok, and comes on June 23, 2017, when she wrote, "Please don't ever text me again."
Code 7 10-42
cr
Hawg, given the fact that McCabe lied to the FBI and to the IG, what will happen to him? What is the most likely punishment?

This is from the article above:

Andrew McCabe lied in May and July. Lisa Page gave a statement that conflicted with McCabe and used the text messages to back up her side. That's how IG Horowitz gained the original access to the Page/Strzok messages. The rest is history.
Garrelli 5000
AG
I recall a text that she told him to please never text her again.

Edit :beat me to it.
RoscoePColtrane
Adam Ag 98 said:

I recall a text that she told him to please never text her again.

Edit :beat me to it.
Yes, so on May 17, 2017, Rosenstein appointed Mueller, and a month later they knew the jig was up.
Code 7 10-42
aggiehawg
AG
garc said:

Hawg, given the fact that McCabe lied to the FBI and to the IG, what will happen to him? What is the most likely punishment?

This is from the article above:

Andrew McCabe lied in May and July. Lisa Page gave a statement that conflicted with McCabe and used the text messages to back up her side. That's how IG Horowitz gained the original access to the Page/Strzok messages. The rest is history.
I'd wager that perjury is the least of McCabe's legal problems. What he was lying about were criminal leaks, possibly of classified information, too.

Remember, McCabe was at the nexus of a recusal question on the Hillary email investigation (wife's connection to McAuliffe), the so called "insurance policy" happened in his office, was Comey's point man on the Steele dossier which also places him smack dab in the Carter Page FISA warrant mess.

The possibility that there are a boatload of crimes between all of those matters is pretty high, IMO.
whatthehey78
AG
Any bets on whether Comey's and McCabe's legal teams come to blows...OR...join hands, now or in the future?
RoscoePColtrane
If he is the one that altered 302's he's cooked
Code 7 10-42
aggiehawg
AG
whatthehey78 said:

Any bets on whether Comey's and McCabe's legal teams come to blows...OR...join hands, now or in the future?
Their legal interests are now inimical to one another. If one is telling the truth, the other is lying and vice versa from what I understand.

McCabe originally was seen as a back up for Comey's memos about Trump. That they had discussions about the content of them contemporaneously to their creation. However, during the time McCabe was Acting Director of the FBI he testified to Congress that he was unaware of any effort by Trump to impede or otherwise obstruct justice.

Now that may be because in McCabe's estimation, nothing that Comey had rose to the level of obstruction (with which Comey apparently disagreed) or McCabe knew Comey was blowing smoke in those discussions and was basically FOS and reaching.

In either event, there is now another major disagreement between over authorized leaks. McCabe claims Comey knew and approved contrary to Comey's sworn testimony otherwise. McCabe claims to have emails to support that. Those emails raise the question of whether McCabe was authorized to remove those government records? And how did he do it? Forward them to his personal computer? How often? Anything classified in those?

See where all of this is leading??
First Page Last Page
Page 236 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.