Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,494,399 Views | 49269 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by aggiehawg
drcrinum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The HPSIC has released an extended list of its findings and recommendations, generally in broad terms, see:

https://intelligence.house.gov/uploadedfiles/russia_report_findings_and_recommendations.pdf?platform=hootsuite

The tweets below reference some of the highlights:

You may want to peruse Chapter 3 where findings regarding the dossier, etc. are located. Finding #21 is a blank because it is classified. Interesting. I wonder what that is.
aggiehawg
AG
That's a lot to digest. My immediate takeaways:

Recommendations:
  • repeal the Logan Act
  • Alter FISA to apply to cyber-intrusions
  • make mandatory polygraphs for persons with top secret clearances other than in Senate confirmed positions
  • Adoption of the National Institute of Standards and Technology for cyber attacks
  • Amend Help America Vote Act of 2002
  • Paper back-ups for ballots

Had to laugh at the finding that some associates of Trump had "ill-advised" contacts with WikiLeaks. That's a reference to Roger Stone running his mouth.
drcrinum

Quote:

An attorney representing Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska has refused to tell Senate investigators what he knows about dossier author Christopher Steele's financial and business relationships with the Russians. Steele is the former British intelligence agent hired by Democrat research firm Fusion GPS on behalf of the Democratic National Committee and Hillary Clinton campaign.

Sen. Charles Grassley (R-Iowa) sent a letter Feb. 9, 2018, asking Paul Hauser whether he was legal counsel for Deripaska or any businesses associated with him. He also asked whether he'd ever hired Steele or his businesses, and what the nature of the arrangement was. He asked whether and when Steele worked on behalf of Deripaska. Finally, he was asked, "Are you otherwise aware of any business or financial relationships between Mr. Steele and Russian government officials, Russian oligarchs, or Russian businesses?"

Hauser refused to answer all but the first question. In a letter written Feb. 18 but made public this week, he admitted he is legal counsel for Deripaska and businesses associated with him. He refused to answer whether Deripaska had hired Steele and to answer what he knows about Steele's financial relationships with Russian government officials, oligarchs, or businesses. He said he wasn't involved with the dossier and that he's not aware of Deripaska commissioning, paying for, or preparing the dossier....

Perhaps Grassley employed the wrong approach. Rather than sending a letter, he should have dispatched Senator Warner on a fact-finding mission to visit Deripaska in person, or have Senator Warner send another text message to Waldman, Deripaska's lobbyist, to obtain the answers to these questions.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Fusion GPS, a firm the Clinton campaign hired through its lawyers, also has well-known ties to shady Russian firms and officials, as it was hired on behalf of a Russian firm accused of evading U.S. sanctions. Bill Browder is a well-known anti-Putin whistleblower and activist whose attorney, Sergei Magnitsky, was killed in Russian custody, leading to the U.S. enactment of sanctions against Russia. He has accused Fusion GPS of illegally serving as an unregistered foreign agent for Russian individuals and institutions.
Wonder if that little tid-bit has escaped Mueller's attention??
drcrinum
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Fusion GPS, a firm the Clinton campaign hired through its lawyers, also has well-known ties to shady Russian firms and officials, as it was hired on behalf of a Russian firm accused of evading U.S. sanctions. Bill Browder is a well-known anti-Putin whistleblower and activist whose attorney, Sergei Magnitsky, was killed in Russian custody, leading to the U.S. enactment of sanctions against Russia. He has accused Fusion GPS of illegally serving as an unregistered foreign agent for Russian individuals and institutions.
Wonder if that little tid-bit has escaped Mueller's attention??
Sessions announced that the DOJ would investigate FISA abuse. Since the dossier played a leading role in the significant episode of FISA abuse, I would think that Mueller has been instructed not to touch the dossier or anything to do with it's preparation/financing/distribution. Even though it reputedly has Russian ties, the dossier wasn't employed by the Russians to influence the election, unless you want to classify Democrats as Russians (close, but Marxists are currently a minority party in Russia). There is also the issue of Fusion GPS and the unauthorized private contractors performing 702 queries, and I would suspect that will be handled by the DOJ as well.
drcrinum

"Grand jury information"??? I wonder which of the 3 areas has a grand jury in place.
1) Hillary's e-mail server
2) FISA abuse
3) Firing of McCabe
4) More than one of the above

Could be more than one, but since McCabe has an attorney, my bet is on him.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

privileged attorney-client communications.
That's the problem with a Title 1 FISA warrant. Can't talk to your attorney, either.

I don't think there ever was a grand jury empaneled for the Hillary matter.

Might be one on the FISA abuse but feeling pretty good about McCabe getting a target letter soon, if he hasn't already.
FbgTxAg
AG
drcrinum said:

"Grand jury information"??? I wonder which of the 3 areas has a grand jury in place.
1) Hillary's e-mail server
2) FISA abuse
3) Firing of McCabe
4) More than one of the above

Could be more than one, but since McCabe has an attorney, my bet is on him.

Does this mean what I think it means? That there is a Grand Jury already in place somewhere for all/some of this stuff?
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Does this mean what I think it means? That there is a Grand Jury already in place somewhere for all/some of this stuff?
Yep.
RoscoePColtrane
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Yep.
Ole Henry Gibson has been slow rolling this roundup...
Never take a hostage you aren't willing to shoot,
Remember, America doesn’t negotiate with terrorists.
Code 7 10-42
Rapier108
Looks like Mueller is now trying to tie Trump to the supposed Russian DNC hacking.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/exclusive-lone-dnc-hacker-guccifer-20-slipped-up-and-revealed-he-was-a-russian-intelligence-officer
aggiehawg
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Yep.
Wheels of justice turn very slowly. But considering Sessions wasn't confirmed until the end of the first week in February, the floodgates may be opening, 13 months and two weeks later.

(Crosses fingers.)
RoscoePColtrane
aggiehawg said:

RoscoePColtrane said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Yep.
Wheels of justice turn very slowly. But considering Sessions wasn't confirmed until the end of the first week in February, the floodgates may be opening, 13 months and two weeks later.

(Crosses fingers.)
I still stand firm that this slow methodical approach was very deliberate. This is a huge net with a LOT of big fish involved. If Horowitz really delivers it's going to be brilliant.
Code 7 10-42
aggiehawg
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

aggiehawg said:

RoscoePColtrane said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Yep.

(Crosses fingers.)
I still stand firm that this slow methodical approach was very deliberate. This is a huge net with a LOT of big fish involved. If Horowitz really delivers it's going to be brilliant.
I'm in that state of nervous, anticipation, fear like the Ags were actually in the national championship football game.

(We are sucking at bouncy ball in the Sweet 16.)
whatthehey78
AG
Not to redirect the thread...but, if you were thinking of tripping over to the BB game...DON'T. It's worse than bad.
Rapier108
whatthehey78 said:

Not to redirect the thread...but, if you were thinking of tripping over to the BB game...DON'T. It's worse than bad.
So in other words, it's a normal Aggie sporting event on the national stage?
aggiehawg
AG
Rapier108 said:

whatthehey78 said:

So in other words, it's a normal Aggie sporting event on the national stage?
OUCH! But correct, sadly.

This is how far I've gotten so immersed in this. I'm posting sports stuff in the wrong forum in the wrong thread.

So much for the tin foil hat stopping alien influence on mental abilities.
Garrelli 5000
AG
Rapier108 said:

Looks like Mueller is now trying to tie Trump to the supposed Russian DNC hacking.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/exclusive-lone-dnc-hacker-guccifer-20-slipped-up-and-revealed-he-was-a-russian-intelligence-officer

This only works if they can continue the narrative that the DNC was hacked externally. Unfortunately, the MSM will only swear by the story that it was a Russian hack.
RoscoePColtrane
Rapier108 said:

That's going to be tough to do, due to the fact the FBI never laid their hands on the DNC server or the DNCC server. Crowdstrike is persona non grata with the FGPS revelations and their ties to the Clintons. They can't prove in court that the server was even hacked by the Russians much less tie someone to it.
Code 7 10-42
MouthBQ98
AG
Phished Blumanthal. Didn't even hack anything.
MouthBQ98
AG
So basically, they'll never have a witness, either.
drcrinum

Good news IMO.
drcrinum

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2018/03/22/another-leaker-removed-president-trump-removes-national-security-adviser-hr-mcmaster/

Quote:

...The National Security Council is a massive intelligence apparatus consisting of dozens of principals and hundreds of staff. There has been a series of leaks from within the NSC over the past year. We suspected, there was a concerted effort to track down the leaker(s).

There is a similarity to White House staff leaks, under Bannon prior to Kelly, and recent NSC leaks under McMaster.

Given the timing of the removal in relationship to another NSC leak about President Trump's phone call with Russian President Vladimir Putin; and knowing the content of that specific leak was isolated to a small circle that would include McMaster's personal staff; it is not a stretch to connect the dots and surmise McMaster (et al) was an IC leaker.

In the first assembly of his team, outsider President-Elect Trump took the advice of DC and professional voices familiar with the apparatus of the swamp. [See Reince Priebus, Rex Tillerson, HR McMaster etc.]

It makes logical sense after President Trump gained increased familiarity with the systems, patterns, organizations and institutions therein, that he would replace positions with people he feels would be more comfortable executing his administrative policy agenda.

Additionally, the NatSec challenge has changed. POTUS is now positioning to confront Iran directly and is about to engage in direct talks with North Korea. [Each new batter faced requires new pitcher skills.]

I think Trump picked Bolton because he wanted a strong willed, experienced diplomatic negotiator, not a military expert. He has enough of the latter on his staff already with Mattis & Kelly, not to mention Pompeo & Zinke.
MouthBQ98
AG
Bolton is the type to be loyal to the boss. That's what Trump wants most.
drcrinum

The letter Goodlatte sent to accompany his subpoena is embedded within this tweet.

drcrinum
Fusion GPS at it again. This time with the NRA.

I can't read Strassel's WSJ article above because it is pay-walled, but it is embedded in the tweet below or at least the major elements are -- Strassel retweeted it.

RoscoePColtrane
drcrinum said:

The letter Goodlatte sent to accompany his subpoena is embedded within this tweet.

For the twitter challenged

Code 7 10-42
RoscoePColtrane
drcrinum said:

Fusion GPS at it again. This time with the NRA.

I can't read Strassel's WSJ article above because it is pay-walled, but it is embedded in the tweet below or at least the major elements are -- Strassel retweeted it.

Code 7 10-42
drcrinum
Roscoe, you are an absolute whiz kid. Thank you.
RoscoePColtrane
William Campbell interview on The Hill

http://thehill.com/video/in-the-news/379841-russian-uranium-informant-says-fbi-sought-new-information-from-him-about
Code 7 10-42
drcrinum
RoscoePColtrane said:

William Campbell interview on The Hill

http://thehill.com/video/in-the-news/379841-russian-uranium-informant-says-fbi-sought-new-information-from-him-about
Speaking from the shadows to protect his identity...he must be in the witness protection program. Sounds like a good idea to me; don't want to catch Arkancide.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

he must be in the witness protection program. Sounds like a good idea to me; don't want to catch Arkancide.
No. The problem is he's in witness protection from his own government. They are the ones who need to kill him to protect themselves.

Never thought our National Security Apparatus would resemble the Mafia from the old days...but sure looks like it at the moment.
RoscoePColtrane

Code 7 10-42
drcrinum

That letter from Leahy & Franken is very misleading. Read the following which was posted on Page 225:

http://thefederalist.com/2018/03/22/mccabes-bogus-witch-hunt-of-jeff-sessions-confirms-worst-fears-about-fbi-doj-politicization/#.WrOq4y_p9dk.twitter
drcrinum

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/977020202633302016.html

This is a very peculiar thread about Mifsud, Papadopoulos, UK security services & Steele. Definitely has mysterious overtones. Assange is onto it as well, and you can open a shorter tweet thread by Assange in the storyline (not on threadreader).
First Page Last Page
Page 226 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.