Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,495,125 Views | 49269 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by aggiehawg
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BTW, Andy McCarthy is on fire today. Rips Mueller a new one.

Link
benchmark
AG
drcrinum said:

......... For instance: 'lying' would constitute a major/firing infraction at the FBI (such as falsifying a 302), whereas a 'lie' in the other agencies would often be considered a minor offense and only result in a reprimand/warning or a demotion at worst.
Any FBI agent caught lying is grounds for termination. Period. Intriguing that Ohr (DOJ), Strzok (FBI), Page (DOJ) and likely others are still employed ... therefore probable they've been singing like canary's. It's mid-March already ... where's the IG's report?
drcrinum

(original article):
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/03/13/manafort-faces-very-real-possibility-life-in-prison-court-order-says.html

Quote:

...U.S. District Judge T.S. Ellis III, in an order made public Tuesday, wrote that Manafort "poses a substantial flight risk" because of his "financial means and international connections to flee and remain at large."

"Specifically given the nature of the charges against the defendant and the apparent weight of the evidence against him, defendant faces the very real possibility of spending the rest of his life in prison," Ellis wrote....

The court order released Tuesday details Manafort's conditions of release. Ellis ordered a $10 million unsecured bond and home confinement with GPS monitoring.

Manafort, the well-known political operative with a long history of work in Republican circles, is also facing charges at U.S. District Court in Washington. He has been ordered to wear two GPS monitoring anklets, or braceletsone from each court house, and is confined to his house, with exceptions of medical emergencies, doctor appointments court dates, meetings with legal representation or religious worship.

Manafort lives primarily in Alexandria, Virginia, but also has properties in Florida and New York....
FbgTxAg
AG
drcrinum said:

(original article):
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/03/13/manafort-faces-very-real-possibility-life-in-prison-court-order-says.html

Quote:

...U.S. District Judge T.S. Ellis III, in an order made public Tuesday, wrote that Manafort "poses a substantial flight risk" because of his "financial means and international connections to flee and remain at large."

"Specifically given the nature of the charges against the defendant and the apparent weight of the evidence against him, defendant faces the very real possibility of spending the rest of his life in prison," Ellis wrote....

The court order released Tuesday details Manafort's conditions of release. Ellis ordered a $10 million unsecured bond and home confinement with GPS monitoring.

Manafort, the well-known political operative with a long history of work in Republican circles, is also facing charges at U.S. District Court in Washington. He has been ordered to wear two GPS monitoring anklets, or braceletsone from each court house, and is confined to his house, with exceptions of medical emergencies, doctor appointments court dates, meetings with legal representation or religious worship.

Manafort lives primarily in Alexandria, Virginia, but also has properties in Florida and New York....

I hope Trump, on the last day of his Presidency, pardons Manafort.

Not because I think Manafort is innocent, but because the Mueller investigation should never have had the scope to bring such charges in the first place.
HeardAboutPerio
AG
Former CIA Chief Brennan attacks Trump over McCabe firing http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/03/17/former-cia-chief-brennan-attacks-trump-over-mccabe-firing.html

The rhetoric is escalating quickly over this. Any prior confusion on Brennan's bias should pretty well be cleared up with this response:

Quote:

"When the full extent of your venality, moral turpitude, and political corruption becomes known, you will take your rightful place as a disgraced demagogue in the dustbin of history," Brennan, an Obama administration CIA director, tweeted in response to Trump's tweet. "You may scapegoat Andy McCabe, but you will not destroy America...America will triumph over you."
Agnzona
If Manfort gets life in prison and Obama and Clinton never have their crimes even publicly admitted to, we no longer have freedom and democracy but a Monarchy.
FJB
AG
Well at least he won't be denied a prayer rug where he's going, so he has that in his favor.
Who is John Galt?

BMX Bandit
Agnzona said:

If Manfort gets life in prison and Obama and Clinton never have their crimes even publicly admitted to, we no longer have freedom and democracy but a Monarchy.

That's silliness.

If the allegations against Manafort are true, he should go to jail.

Clinton & the gang remaining free doesn't mean no other person can ever do to jail again or "we no longer have freedom"

Otherwise, you can say "if _______goes to prison, and Clinton doesn't, we are now a monarchy"

fasthorse05
To me, it's pretty common to see over-the-top comments from defense attorneys, etc..

My question is the hyperbolic nature of McCabe's attorney (not to mention McCafferey, Swalwell, and Brennan), normal for this type of situation? I'm asking because McCabe's attorney is using terms like "never in my life", etc.

The remarks are so fast, it's almost as if it's scripted. Maybe 20% of the people in the country know who McCabe is. Incidentally, Swalwell's comments were border line violent. Would love the SS to visit him.
cr
HeardAboutPerio said:

Former CIA Chief Brennan attacks Trump over McCabe firing http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/03/17/former-cia-chief-brennan-attacks-trump-over-mccabe-firing.html

The rhetoric is escalating quickly over this. Any prior confusion on Brennan's bias should pretty well be cleared up with this response:

Quote:

"When the full extent of your venality, moral turpitude, and political corruption becomes known, you will take your rightful place as a disgraced demagogue in the dustbin of history," Brennan, an Obama administration CIA director, tweeted in response to Trump's tweet. "You may scapegoat Andy McCabe, but you will not destroy America...America will triumph over you."

The commie needs to shut his piehole.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Pre-judge much?

As the McCarthy article I linked earlier today posits, Mueller's actions in accepting an essentially meaningless plea deal from Gates militates against the weight of the evidence against Manafort being slam dunk. Gates didn't plea to any of the charges that would have directly implicated Manafort, supposedly his co-conspirator.

This is either piss-poor lawyering or agenda driven.
BMX Bandit
That 20% number is about 15 points too high
aggiehawg
AG
fasthorses05 said:

To me, it's pretty common to see over-the-top comments from defense attorneys, etc..

My question is the hyperbolic nature of McCabe's attorney (not to mention McCafferey, Swalwell, and Brennan), normal for this type of situation? I'm asking because McCabe's attorney is using terms like "never in my life", etc.

The remarks are so fast, it's almost as if it's scripted. Maybe 20% of the people in the country know who McCabe is. Incidentally, Swalwell's comments were border line violent. Would love the SS to visit him.
LOL. This is McCabe's lawyer.

http://www.bromwichgroup.com/about-us/michael-r-bromwich/

Quote:

Most recently, Mr. Bromwich has undertaken major projects in evaluating law enforcement agencies and monitoring public companies.
  • In January 2016, he published The Durability of Police Reform: the Metropolitan Police Department and the Use of Force: 2008-2015, which analyzed whether DC's police department had sustained the reforms implemented more than a decade earlier.
  • In February 2016, he was hired by the City of Chicago and the Chicago Police Department to provide advice and assistance with respect to a broad range of issues involving police department policies, procedures, and training, among many others.
  • From 2013 to the present, Mr. Bromwich has served as the independent monitor of one of the largest, publicly-traded companies in the United States, specifically focusing on its domestic ethics program.
  • From 2013 to 2015, after being selected by the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, he served as the antitrust compliance monitor for Apple Inc. following a judicial finding of antitrust liability in connection with its entry into the market for ebooks. In connection with that assignment, Mr. Bromwich filed four semi-annual reports assessing Apple's compliance with the provisions of an injunction issued by the Court.
  • In 2013, Mr. Bromwich undertook a review of the Houston Police Department Crime Lab as its management was being transferred to the newly created Houston Forensic Science Center. The purpose of the review was to determine whether the Crime Lab had implemented the numerous recommendations made by Mr. Bromwich several years earlier following an exhaustive investigation into the quality of forensic science work performed by the Lab.

So yeah, hyperbole seems to be his forte. Lots of words, few results.
Agnzona
Anyone with a brain know Obama and Clinton have broken numerous laws why will they never have to pay?
titan
S
drcrinum said:

Hopefully the evidence supports an indictment. One thing for certain: It is extremely difficult to fire a civil service employee, especially a senior employee with many years of service -- I know from personal experience; the bureaucracy protects itself religiously. My experience though was in the realm of the non-security/non-intelligence agencies that form the bulk of federal civil service employees. The FBI/CIA/DOS agencies have different sets of rules, so perhaps it is easier/simpler in McCabe's case...or the evidence is overwhelming &/or criminal in nature. For instance: 'lying' would constitute a major/firing infraction at the FBI (such as falsifying a 302), whereas a 'lie' in the other agencies would often be considered a minor offense and only result in a reprimand/warning or a demotion at worst.

"Media is going to go to bat for----" of course. They are pro-swamp. In fact, PART of it.

We need a major scandal for like the publisher of the NYT or the head of NBC. Something that proves this collusion in a more concrete manner.
BMX Bandit
Sadly, they are above the law.

Political elites like that don't go to jail. Sad, but true.

titan
S
HeardAboutPerio said:

Quote:

That really sounds like he is describing the administration he was part of....and WH.
titan
S

That is why pension abolition is a good precedent to set, and maybe more `possible'.
aggiehawg
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Sadly, they are above the law.

Political elites like that don't go to jail. Sad, but true.

McCabe just seems an odd hill to die on, in my view. Very odd hill. Anyone in the media who appears so emotionally invested in him can be assumed to have a long-standing leaking relationship with him. Which is precisely one of the things that got him fired.
policywonk98
AG
Brennan and Comey's comments over the last year along with McCabes yesterday all add up to an orchestrated ends justify the means counterintelligence operation. These guys are true believers that a person like Trump should never be allowed to be president and that they engaged in a "just war" in trying to bring him down.

I don't like trump, but these people are unhinged. Our counterintelligence community is obviously filled with some very scary people that want lots of control over the status quo.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

These guys are true believers that a person like Trump should never be allowed to be president and that they engaged in a "just war" in trying to bring him down.
And that usually ends in violence.
dellgriffith
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

These guys are true believers that a person like Trump should never be allowed to be president and that they engaged in a "just war" in trying to bring him down.

Sadly, I believe that is where we are headed.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
FbgTxAg
AG
dellgriffith said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Yup.
aggiehawg
AG
dellgriffith said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Incredibly short sighted of them. Anyone remember what happened after the last successful assassination of a President? His Veep cloaked himself in the mantle of the fallen leader and ran roughshod over the Congress, the prosecution of the Vietnam War and the next election.
drcrinum
aggiehawg said:

BTW, Andy McCarthy is on fire today. Rips Mueller a new one.

Link
Quite a read...a fishing expedition indeed.
titan
S

Quote:

I don't like trump, but these people are unhinged. Our counterintelligence community is obviously filled with some very scary people that want lots of control over the status quo.
Yes. Perhaps it explains their very notable failures in the war -- starting with the big one, 9/11. They are too busy being political creatures rather than watching foreign enemies.
fasthorse05
And that's why I asked! Gracias.

Tangent question. As several here have speculated, there's probably 1-2, if not more, who've flipped. Knowing the mob/cartel type of folks that are being investigated (principally Clinton), is it possible some, or all of these folks in the defense side, have had their families threatened?

For that matter, since so many Repubican's have chosen not to run, is it possible to have that happen to them? Better yet, could some of the Republican's be involved? I never considered it, and can't wait for the conspiracy/paranoid comments to come, but it's just a question.
aggiehawg
AG
fasthorses05 said:

And that's why I asked! Gracias.

Tangent question. As several here have speculated, there's probably 1-2, if not more, who've flipped. Knowing the mob/cartel type of folks that are being investigated (principally Clinton), is it possible some, or all of these folks in the defense side, have had their families threatened?

For that matter, since so many Repubican's have chosen not to run, is it possible to have that happen to them? Better yet, could some of the Republican's be involved? I never considered it, and can't wait for the conspiracy/paranoid comments to come, but it's just a question.
The swamp doesn't care if there is a "D" or and "R" after someone's name.

What is the Dem preoccupation with knives?

Quote:

Heading to the fall elections, Holder said Democrats need to be more disciplined and focused to match Republicans.

"We have to be ready to, you know, not do anything inappropriate, not do anything improper, certainly not do anything unlawful," he said. "But to the extent that they want to have a fight, let's do it. You want to rumble, let's rumble. You want to have a knife fight, we're gonna do it."
Via HotAir
HeardAboutPerio
AG
Trump's lawyer calls for 'manufactured' Russia probe to be shut down http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/03/17/trumps-lawyer-calls-for-russia-probe-to-be-shut-down.html
GCP12
AG
HeardAboutPerio said:

Trump's lawyer calls for 'manufactured' Russia probe to be shut down http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/03/17/trumps-lawyer-calls-for-russia-probe-to-be-shut-down.html
aggiehawg
AG
HeardAboutPerio said:

And tried to walk it back an hour later, reportedly. I understand why Trump prefers the more flamboyant lawyers since they suit his personality but come on, man!
titan
S

Quote:

The swamp doesn't care if there is a "D" or and "R" after someone's name.

What is the Dem preoccupation with knives?
They come from a thug culture background and worldview generally --- Chicago being one exhibit. The tendency to sympathize with terrorists another.
FTAG 2000
AG
dellgriffith said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Seeing the comments like Brennan's after McCabe's firing, hard to not see us getting there. The left seems hell bent on escalating this.
drcrinum

Interesting: Mueller appointed Candice Will, the individual in charge of the FBI's Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR) which recommended McCabe be fired.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Interesting: Mueller appointed Candice Will, the individual in charge of the FBI's Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR) which recommended McCabe be fired.
People forget but Comey moved quite a number of people around between the FBI and DOJ during his tenure. Looks like he may have gotten one right after all.
First Page Last Page
Page 219 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.