Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,444,067 Views | 49262 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by nortex97
drcrinum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My initial impression from the Grassley Memo:

1) The FBI lied when they claimed they did not know that Steele had leaked to Yahoo News regarding the September 23, 2016 article by Isikoff that was used to corroborate the dossier. Isikoff has publicly admitted that he met with Steele & Simpson in Washington, DC in September, 2016. All they have to do is subpoena Isikoff.

2) How in the world would 4 separate FISA Court judges pass this application & 3 renewals when the primary evidence presented was unverified? Verified by a man's reputation??? Hah! What's going on here?

3) Comey going down. He signed off on the original + 2 renewals, knowing that the dossier was "salacious" and "unverified". Comey has lied too many times. He cannot be considered a credible witness. I believe this destroys the entire premises for appointing a SC. Sessions needs to un-recuse himself.

4) Rosenstein knew the dossier was unverified as well. He's toast too...unless he has been part of an undercover operation which a number of individuals have speculated.
drcrinum
RoscoePColtrane said:

Looking for opinions if this looks like a fit

We know that's coming too. Gowdy basically gave away Blumenthal's name today on that MacCallum interview.
policywonk98
AG
#4 seems like a reasonable answer to why Rosenstein still has a job. Obviously alot is going on behind the scenes that we know nothing about, but it's odd that Rosenstein is still in place otherwise.
Rockdoc
AG
Ok, for the nonlegal mind (me), what is going to be the end game here? I mean who refers and who makes charges here? Who in our DOJ is going to step up here and try these people? I'm lacking confidence.
bmks270
AG
Can I just say this all seems so ****ed up. Way more ****ed up than watergate.

I mean, not just the political opponent, but The FBI, an arm of the executive branch, was trying to destroy a candidate? The FBI attempted to rig the presidential election.
reb,
AG
It's because the FISC is a rubber stamp court, don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise, the approval percentage tells the tale. There is no "high bar" for approval, all it means is that they make up enough BS to give the court plausible deniability by relying upon the good faith of the IC.

Did no one tell these judges that LYING is what the IC DOES? That it's their #1 skill? That without lying to someone, somewhere, there is no IC?

That's why I keep whining about FISA needing reform or just get rid of it. The court needs an adversarial public defender on behalf of Americans that can call BS on things like this. A public defender could have stopped this from even being attempted and now we are dealing with the biggest political scandal in modern history.
reb,
AG
Rockdoc said:

Ok, for the nonlegal mind (me), what is going to be the end game here? I mean who refers and who makes charges here? Who in our DOJ is going to step up here and try these people? I'm lacking confidence.

I think Trump has to talk to Mueller, and his investigation end by clearing Trump or at least not indicting him, as well as the OIG report coming out. Once those things happen, Sessions steps in and goes yard. I think that's been the plan the whole time. I'm one of those that believe that everything we are learning more, Trump knew before he even was sworn in.
RoscoePColtrane
Maybe Wray will have a Colombo moment "Oh and one more thing" and unredact the entire Grassley/Graham memo. Hopefully after that it will be handcuffs for Schiffty.

Never take a hostage you aren't willing to shoot,
Remember, America doesn’t negotiate with terrorists.
Code 7 10-42
RoscoePColtrane
Code 7 10-42
rainbow_aggie
RoscoePColtrane said:

RoscoePColtrane

Here is he link to Steele's British court testimony where he said which MSM organizations he spoke with & that he told everyone the info was UNVERIFIED

https://www.grassley.senate.gov/sites/default/files/constituents/2017-10-04%20CEG%20to%20FBI%20%28Steele%20Dossier%20in%20foreign%20intelligence%29%20with%20attachments1.pdf
Code 7 10-42
boulderaggie
AG
policywonk98 said:

#4 seems like a reasonable answer to why Rosenstein still has a job. Obviously alot is going on behind the scenes that we know nothing about, but it's odd that Rosenstein is still in place otherwise.

Not so sure. I still think Rosenstein is a snake. He wrote the memo to Trump advising him to fire Comey, setting up a potential obstruction of justice charge. And he suggested to Sessions that he recuse himself. And then he appointed Mueller without any Sessions oversight, with an obstruction ace in the hole.
hbtheduce
AG
boulderaggie said:

policywonk98 said:

Not so sure. I still think Rosenstein is a snake. He wrote the memo to Trump advising him to fire Comey, setting up a potential obstruction of justice charge. And he suggested to Sessions that he recuse himself. And then he appointed Mueller without any Sessions oversight, with an obstruction ace in the hole.

If you believe the Mueller is a "white hat", it was one of the only ways to get Mueller back "in charge" of the FBI without a vote by Congress. Also keeps liberals on Muellers side until the hammer drops...

Idk this whole situation is crazy.
drcrinum
Quote:

2) How in the world would 4 separate FISA Court judges pass this application & 3 renewals when the primary evidence presented was unverified? Verified by a man's reputation??? Hah! What's going on here?

I began thinking about this again and decided to look at the September 23, 2016 Isikoff article that was used to substantiate the dossier:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-s-intel-officials-probe-ties-between-trump-adviser-and-kremlin-175046002.html

It contains this paragraph:

Quote:

But U.S. officials have since received intelligence reports that during that same three-day trip, Page met with Igor Sechin, a longtime Putin associate and former Russian deputy prime minister who is now the executive chairman of Rosneft, Russian's leading oil company, a well-placed Western intelligence source tells Yahoo News. That meeting, if confirmed, is viewed as especially problematic by U.S. officials because the Treasury Department in August 2014 named Sechin to a list of Russian officials and businessmen sanctioned over Russia's "illegitimate and unlawful actions in the Ukraine." (The Treasury announcement described Sechin as "utterly loyal to Vladimir Putin a key component to his current standing." At their alleged meeting, Sechin raised the issue of the lifting of sanctions with Page, the Western intelligence source said.

This same alleged meeting between Carter Page and Igor Sechin is detailed on Page 9 of the dossier. But Isikoff related that US officials had received intelligence reports about the meeting between Page met Sechin. Where were those intelligence reports??? No intelligence reports means 2 + 2 = Isikoff's source had to be Steele's dossier. Are you trying to tell me that the Isikoff letter was presented as corroborating evidence and no FISA judge or other person along the approval assembly ever bothered to read it?
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

If you believe the Mueller is a "white hat", it was one of the only ways to get Mueller back "in charge" of the FBI without a vote by Congress. Also keeps liberals on Muellers side until the hammer drops...

No f***ing way Mueller is a white hat. His team is loaded with A-list Dem lawyers on the Beltway cocktail party circuit. They bring down Hillary and maybe Obama? They would be ostracized for life.

Unless you see solid Dem lawyers start to bail from Mueller's hand picked team of outside lawyers, they aren't investigating any Dem of note.
Lot Y Tailgate
AG
So, serious question- if nobody on Team Trump or Team Clinton is going down, what do these lawyers do all day?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Lot Y Tailgate said:

So, serious question- if nobody on Team Trump or Team Clinton is going down, what do these lawyers do all day?

overbill
BearJew13
AG
Serious Clark?
hbtheduce
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

No f***ing way Mueller is a white hat. His team is loaded with A-list Dem lawyers on the Beltway cocktail party circuit. They bring down Hillary and maybe Obama? They would be ostracized for life.

Unless you see solid Dem lawyers start to bail from Mueller's hand picked team of outside lawyers, they aren't investigating any Dem of note.

Do you want HRC lawyers running around the DOJ causing ruckus or do you want them on a wild goose chase trying to pin a charge against trump?
reb,
AG
Lot Y Tailgate said:

Some folks are going down, what do you think the approved 2nd SC is for?

https://www.axios.com/white-house-trump-lawyers-approved-of-a-second-special-counsel-6edafd54-c4d7-4ae6-80b7-c7c312b8ca51.html
aggiehawg
AG
Lot Y Tailgate said:

Measure the drapes for their own cells??

Cash the government checks, eat very nice meals on the government's dime. Ride the horse until she bucks you.

Then put an addition to the resume, or get a book deal.
rainbow_aggie
Lot Y Tailgate said:

Make benjamins to help pay for their extra teas.
10thYrSr
Lot Y Tailgate said:

They continue to writhe like a bucket of worms until a single worm latches on to something with which they can all pull themselves out of the bucket.

Failing that, they turn into a bucket of crabs:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crab_mentality
Lot Y Tailgate
AG
reb, said:

Lot Y Tailgate said:

https://www.axios.com/white-house-trump-lawyers-approved-of-a-second-special-counsel-6edafd54-c4d7-4ae6-80b7-c7c312b8ca51.html
The 2nd SC is probably there because the first is closing in, so Trump needs a distraction.
aginlakeway
AG
Lot Y Tailgate said:

reb, said:

Lot Y Tailgate said:

The 2nd SC is probably there because the first is closing in, so Trump needs a distraction.

Closing in on what?
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
aggiehawg
AG
Lot Y Tailgate said:

reb, said:

Lot Y Tailgate said:

Good Lord, you are brainwashed!
Rockdoc
AG
Lot y is here to derail this great thread.
boulderaggie
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Not arguing with you but do you think it's possible that Mueller loaded his team with partisan hacks to remove them from the game? To me, that's the only play that makes him a white hat. Personally, I think he's a black hat.
Ellis Wyatt
Rockdoc said:

Lot y is here to derail this great thread.
It's what our radical left posters have decided to do. Can't argue the facts, so they're just trolling. Maybe someone will have talking points out in the morning.
VaultingChemist
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

OIf you believe the Mueller is a "white hat", it was one of the only ways to get Mueller back "in charge" of the FBI without a vote by Congress. Also keeps liberals on Muellers side until the hammer drops...

Can you explain what Trump and Mueller discussed in their meeting the day before Mueller was chosen by Rosenstein to be the SC? What was the purpose of that meeting?
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Not arguing with you but do you think it's possible that Mueller loaded his team with partisan hacks to remove them from the game? To me, that's the only play that makes him a white hat. Personally, I think he's a black hat.
No. He hired too many from the firm he works for.

Maybe Mueller is sooo independently wealthy that he can burn the law firm that he gets a paycheck from, to the ground.

I'm guessing he did not choose to harm his firm.
RoscoePColtrane
moderation is awful suspect, bump an old thread as a gotcha and get a weekend off, derail 20 threads a day and nada
Code 7 10-42
RoscoePColtrane
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

No. He hired too many from the firm he works for.

Maybe Mueller is sooo independently wealthy that he can burn the law firm that he gets a paycheck from, to the ground.

I'm guessing he did not choose to harm his firm.
Orrrrrrrrr him and his cronies are up to their necks in another ongoing investigation and they needed access for damage control, U1 or something we know nothing about.
Code 7 10-42
MouthBQ98
AG
Did Trump know then what we all know now?
RoscoePColtrane
MouthBQ98 said:

Did Trump know then what we all know now?
I think Rogers got him most of the way there and the rest has evolved, but he's known it way before we do.
Code 7 10-42
First Page Last Page
Page 152 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.