Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,444,088 Views | 49262 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by nortex97
drcrinum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bobcat06 said:

Couldn't Trump just refuse to release it and send it back to the committee to make changes? That way he can't be blamed for the redactions.
I agree. It would be even better if DOJ announced it was initiating a formal investigation of Steele as a result of Grassley's criminal referral, and therefore it would be inappropriate to release 'sources & methods' at this time. The latter would constitute mud thrown back at Schiff IMO.
RoscoePColtrane
drcrinum said:

The Schiff Memo...'concoction' might be a better designation...appears to be nothing more than a political stunt.

Edit: Another tweet on this issue:

The rub on that is Schiff won't have a leg to stand on

Four FBI agents, the same for that scrubbed the first one and 1 NSA analyst are doing the redaction and they will be reported. The four agents are 1 of the Page/Flynn interviewers that was with Strzok and two FBI FISA court analysts that were present when the warrant was applied for, and The forth FBI agent was present for the McCabe statement on the importance of the dossier t get the warrant. Not sure the position of the NSA analyst other than being NSA. What they redact will be of record.

IMO he put the personal insults in there to bait Trump into redacting those so he can cry foul then. Schiff is a scumbag
Never take a hostage you aren't willing to shoot,
Remember, America doesn’t negotiate with terrorists.
Code 7 10-42
Ag with kids
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

drcrinum said:

The Schiff Memo...'concoction' might be a better designation...appears to be nothing more than a political stunt.

Edit: Another tweet on this issue:

The rub on that is Schiff won't have a leg to stand on

Four FBI agents, the same for that scrubbed the first one and 1 NSA analyst are doing the redaction and they will be reported. The four agents are 1 of the Page/Flynn interviewers that was with Strzok and two FBI FISA court analysts that were present when the warrant was applied for, and The forth FBI agent was present for the McCabe statement on the importance of the dossier t get the warrant. Not sure the position of the NSA analyst other than being NSA. What they redact will be of record.

IMO he put the personal insults in there to bait Trump into redacting those so he can cry foul then. Schiff is a scumbag

It's interesting that the Dems, the FBI and the media aren't wailing about have concerns of damage to national security with this memo.

I wonder why?
CrazyDayDuck
Bobcat06 said:

Couldn't Trump just refuse to release it and send it back to the committee to make changes? That way he can't be blamed for the redactions.

Seems like that would be a good idea.

Puts the blame on pencilneck, which is where it should be.
Wildcat
AG
If so, why did members of the HIC vote to send it forward?
RoscoePColtrane
Here's Swallowswell interview about them Masking info from the FISA Judge.

Liar says they masked names from a FISA Judge - No way just trying to make the appearance the bogus warrant intended to give the judge full disclosure. SINCE WHEN do you mask names from the Judge making the ruling that's just complete BS

Liar then says that inly two people have seen the application, Gowdy and Schiff - That's BS too, John Ratcliffe was there, he said so, and Brad Wenstrup as well as Schiff, Jim Himes, and Denny Heck. He can't even tell the truth about that.

Code 7 10-42
RoscoePColtrane
Wildcat said:

Why Not?

Three members that have seen it and talked about it said it doesn't refute what the first one said, it just adds a bunch of sources and methods and personal attacks.

Let the FBI redact the secrets and let it fly.

When his petty BS personal attacks hit the daylight Schiff will be done for. He can go back to the drawing board and scream Russia Russia Russia
Code 7 10-42
drcrinum

Quote:

Republican Rep. Jim Jordan accused key Clinton allies of helping craft a second anti-Trump dossier and accused them of "rigging the game," Tuesday on "Fox & Friends."

Jordan was asked about a possible second dossier and said Clinton operatives Sidney Blumenthal and Cody Shearer had paid Christopher Steele to do opposition research, but then told Steele which specific details to include.

"The names we keep hearing are Sidney Blumenthal and Cody Shearer people who have been around the Clintons as being a part of this. But I also think it's kind of interesting because what it looks like is, they paid Steele to put together the dossier and told him what to put in," Jordan said. "Talk about rigging the game and putting together a document that will serve your purposes as an opposition research document."...

Well, we don't know the timeline on this second dossier yet, but I am becoming interested in seeing exactly what's in it. It can't be classified. Has anyone seen it published anywhere?
RoscoePColtrane
drcrinum said:

Quote:

Republican Rep. Jim Jordan accused key Clinton allies of helping craft a second anti-Trump dossier and accused them of "rigging the game," Tuesday on "Fox & Friends."

Jordan was asked about a possible second dossier and said Clinton operatives Sidney Blumenthal and Cody Shearer had paid Christopher Steele to do opposition research, but then told Steele which specific details to include.

"The names we keep hearing are Sidney Blumenthal and Cody Shearer people who have been around the Clintons as being a part of this. But I also think it's kind of interesting because what it looks like is, they paid Steele to put together the dossier and told him what to put in," Jordan said. "Talk about rigging the game and putting together a document that will serve your purposes as an opposition research document."...

Well, we don't know the timeline on this second dossier yet, but I am becoming interested in seeing exactly what's in it. It can't be classified. Has anyone seen it published anywhere?

I think the 2nd dossier may be just a smoke screen that never surfaces. No one has seen it, only reports of it in the same media outlets that always fall in line behind the Left. There may very well be more stuff they threw together, perhaps like clippings or directors cut outtakes. But I don't think another dossier ever surfaces as big a piece of crap as the first one has turned out to be, the Steele dossier and it's mere presents is killing the Dems case.
Code 7 10-42
EKUAg
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

drcrinum said:

Quote:

I think the 2nd dossier may be just a smoke screen that never surfaces. No one has seen it, only reports of it in the same media outlets that always fall in line behind the Left. There may very well be more stuff they threw together, perhaps like clippings or directors cut outtakes. But I don't think another dossier as big a piece of crap as the first one has turned out to be, the Steele dossier and it's mere presents is killing the Dems case.

I thought this is releated to the upcoming Dept of State memo.
RoscoePColtrane
I have no idea what this alleged 2nd dossier is about, reports are all over the place. it was suppose to have been put together by Blumenthal and Shearer last year when this other one surfaced I really don't know.
Code 7 10-42
drcrinum
EKUAg said:

RoscoePColtrane said:

drcrinum said:

I thought this is related to the upcoming Dept of State memo.

It is. What I am interested in is if their are identical storylines or specifics details in both memos. When I first read the Trump dossier last spring, I was able to go to business journals and find articles about some of the individuals mentioned that predated the individual segments in the dossier...subsequently I became suspicious that they just found out some basic info about certain individuals from news sources and then fabricated a Russian narrative around these individuals' activities. If the Shearer memo is like RoscoePColtrane suggests, news clippings etc., then Steele may never have had genuine Russian contacts for some (all?) of his info in the dossier.
I also have concerns that Nellie Ohr assisted Steele in obtaining similar news articles/references from Russian social media around which narratives could be fabricated for the dossier.
Bobcat06
AG
Wildcat said:

Obviously Schiff' memo is full of poison pills because he wants to yell that this is a partisan witch hunt. So why give him what he wants?

Let the politicians stand to the side and let the "unbiased" FBI agents shoot down Schiff's memo. That takes away his talking point (which is what he really wants) and makes Schiff look like a clown.

SpreadsheetAg
AG
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_pill_and_blue_pill]I prefer the red pills[/url]
RoscoePColtrane
Code 7 10-42
fasthorse05
RoscoePColtrane said:

I don't think I'm familiar with Jason Beale, but his credentials should be of great interest to you.

Enjoy: http://thefederalist.com/2018/02/06/gowdy-schiff-told-us-opposite-things-house-intel-memo-heres-right-matters/

Pretty damned good write-up
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

I don't think I'm familiar with Jason Beale, but his credentials should be of great interest to you.
It's a pseudonym.
fasthorse05
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

It's a pseudonym.
Man, I'm just going to read the posts.

It can be somewhat difficult to bring meaningful and provocative info to the thread, occasionally!
aggiehawg
AG
fasthorses05 said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

It's a pseudonym.
Man, I'm just going to read the posts.

It can be somewhat difficult to bring meaningful and provocative info to the thread, occasionally!
LOL. I meant that you can't google that name and find a wiki listing on him with his personal history. But the arguments are persuasive.
Rapier108
Looks like the FBI released more documents relating to Comey being fired.

I'll let the legal minds go over it, but here is the link.

https://vault.fbi.gov/records-related-to-the-dismissal-of-fbi-director-comey/Records%20Related%20to%20the%20Dismissal%20of%20FBI%20Director%20Comey%20Part%2002%20of%2002/view
GCP12
AG
reb,
AG
GCP12 said:

I think Blumenthal and Shearer ghost-wrote the dossier.

I say that based on nothing but thats the thought I've been bouncing around in my head all day. There is no 2nd dossier...Shearers dossier and Steele's dossier are one and the same.
drcrinum

I saw it on a live video stream playback, via a tip on twitter, but I don't know how to process something like that to post here. MacCallum does good interviews.
RoscoePColtrane
reb, said:

GCP12 said:

I think Blumenthal and Shearer ghost-wrote the dossier.

I say that based on nothing but thats the thought I've been bouncing around in my head all day. There is no 2nd dossier...Shearers dossier and Steele's dossier are one and the same.
Bingo

Steele was brought in to try and give that pile of garbage some veracity because he use to spy for the queen.
Code 7 10-42
RoscoePColtrane
Code 7 10-42
drcrinum
Remember this tweet from Monday?

I think 45 knew this story was in the pipeline:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5355713/Adam-Schiff-spoofed-Russian-claim-nude-Trump-pic.html

Quote:

EXCLUSIVE: Adam Schiff sent his staff to try and collect 'classified materials for the FBI' after Russian pranksters told him Putin has NAKED blackmail pictures of Trump
  • Adam Schiff, the ranking Democratic member of the House Intel Committee was recorded speaking to Russian pranksters who spun elaborate 'kompromat' tale
  • He told Vocan and Lexus, two radio pranksters who have also hit Nikki Haley, that he would pass their claims to the FBI in a call made last year
  • The duo posed as a fake Ukrainian politician to say Trump had sex with Russian glamour model Olga Buzova after a Miss Universe pageant in 2013
  • In the call they said Putin had been passed naked pictures of Trump and now-president had used secret codes for talks with Russians
  • Duo gave emails to DailyMail.com which showed Schiff's staff trying to arrange to collect 'classified' documents from Ukraine's embassy in D.C.
  • Schiff's office claimed he was not fooled by the call and reported it to 'authorities' but did not explain why his staff kept up correspondence
  • Call posted in April 2017 surfaced as Schiff waits to see if Trump will declassify his Democratic version of the Devin Nunes memo which shamed the FBI

Go to the article. A complete transcript of the telephone call to Schiff is provided. lol
I'll say again: "You just can't make this s*** up."
drcrinum

This is Carter Page's letter he wrote to Comey on September 25, 2016. (I obviously overlooked it in his written testimony he prepared before his HPSIC appearance.)
The last paragraph is rather interesting.
drcrinum

https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/2018-02-06%20CEG%20LG%20to%20DOJ%20FBI%20(Unclassified%20Steele%20Referral).pdf

The declassified version of Grassley's Memo has been released. Devastating. Steele totally destroyed -- a liar. There are a few redacted portions but not much. It's great that this was released before Schiff's Memo, because it will make anything in the latter look ridiculous. I would post the document page-by-page, but I don't know how.
reb,
AG
drcrinum said:

This is Carter Page's letter he wrote to Comey on September 25, 2016. (I obviously overlooked it in his written testimony he prepared before his HPSIC appearance.)
The last paragraph is rather interesting.

So basically the FBI turned on someone who had cooperated with them in the past, totally threw him under the bus, and by doing so (and it becoming public) they have utterly destroyed their reputation. Who is going to feel safe working with the feds if they screw you over like they did Carter Page?

The FBI is finished. Now it's a decision between cleaning house to reform it, or chopping it up and sending personnel to the DEA, Homeland, SEC, etc.
aggielostinETX
AG
drcrinum said:

https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/2018-02-06%20CEG%20LG%20to%20DOJ%20FBI%20(Unclassified%20Steele%20Referral).pdf

The declassified version of Grassley's Memo has been released. Devastating. Steele totally destroyed -- a liar. There are a few redacted portions but not much. It's great that this was released before Schiff's Memo, because it will make anything in the latter look ridiculous. I would post the document page-by-page, but I don't know how.

Wow that's bad...

FBI knew Steele was a liar yet vouched for him anyway
RoscoePColtrane

Code 7 10-42
drcrinum
I knew you would come through. Thank you.
RoscoePColtrane
RoscoePColtrane
Here are the side by side redacted vs declassified Grassley Memos

Code 7 10-42
RoscoePColtrane
Looking for opinions if this looks like a fit

Code 7 10-42
First Page Last Page
Page 151 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.