Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,444,232 Views | 49262 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by nortex97
Rockdoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FriscoKid said:

What kind of stuff can they pull in the committee meeting tomorrow to try and block this? If there is anything procedural they can do I'm sure they will try.
Is there any chance the dems find some kind of lib judge that throws in a wrench? I know, dumb question, but still...
aggiehawg
AG
Rockdoc said:

FriscoKid said:

What kind of stuff can they pull in the committee meeting tomorrow to try and block this? If there is anything procedural they can do I'm sure they will try.
Is there any chance the dems find some kind of lib judge that throws in a wrench? I know, dumb question, but still...
Unsure precisely who would have standing to sue here.
FriscoKid
AG
AgsinGA said:

I want the memo out now, but I would be ok to vote on it again ALONG with the Democrats memo. You know nothing has been done with that memo and it would show the farce in play. In addition, let's the memo be released Mon morning.... just a thought.
You beat me to it. I came back to post this. If Schiff cleaned up the lib memo then it will be voted on as well. I would assume that this needs to go to the WH first also. But, they can vote on declassifying it.
RoscoePColtrane
Catherine Herridge explained it plain and simple. The document is now in control of the White House and the POTUS has the authority to declassify anything. The House no longer has any say so regardless. The White House has declassified it and it will be transmitted back to the HSPIC to be distributed. Schiff has no leg to stand on, it's over.
IDAGG
AG
aginlakeway said:

GCP12 said:

The Republicans calling it "bigger than watergate" only excited me a little. The Dems behavior the past 3 days make me actually believe it is bigger than watergate.
Yep. This must be HUGE if they are in this big of a panic.
I've been pretty meh about the memo as I assume it will be countered by the dems and the press to become sort of a nothingburger.

But now, think I agree with GCP12 and aginlakeway. If the memo is that lame. one sided, and full of errors, one would think the dems would want it released so they could eviscerate Nunes et al for a political stunt. They would gain a bunch of credibility AND kind of prove that it was a lame attempt by the Republicans to cover for Trump. It would be the gift that keeps on giving to the dems.

But they are going to the mat to try to keep it from being released. So it is starting to make me wonder.....What if that memo is all that Nunes and others say it is? This might get pretty interesting.
bmks270
AG
Just waiting for the Dems to drop fake evidence on Nunes asserting that he is somehow helping the Russians.
Prosperdick
AG
IDAGG said:

aginlakeway said:

GCP12 said:

The Republicans calling it "bigger than watergate" only excited me a little. The Dems behavior the past 3 days make me actually believe it is bigger than watergate.
Yep. This must be HUGE if they are in this big of a panic.
I've been pretty meh about the memo as I assume it will be countered by the dems and the press to become sort of a nothingburger.

But now, think I agree with GCP12 and aginlakeway. If the memo is that lame. one sided, and full of errors, one would think the dems would want it released so they could eviscerate Nunes et al for a political stunt. They would gain a bunch of credibility AND kind of prove that it was a lame attempt by the Republicans to cover for Trump. It would be the gift that keeps on giving to the dems.

But they are going to the mat to try to keep it from being released. So it is starting to make me wonder.....What if that memo is all that Nunes and others say it is? This might get pretty interesting.
I seriously can't think of another reason the Dems would be this upset about it. You can't make the argument they're playing 4D chess and have put up this front to goad the Republicans into releasing it as the Reps wanted to release it all along.

It's explosive...and yes, it will be real and spectacular:

SpreadsheetAg
AG
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_pill_and_blue_pill]I prefer the red pills[/url]
ccatag
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

Catherine Herridge explained it plain and simple. The document is now in control of the White House and the POTUS has the authority to declassify anything. The House no longer has any say so regardless. The White House has declassified it and it will be transmitted back to the HSPIC to be distributed. Schiff has no leg to stand on, it's over.
Herridge made the analogy that the house took the football 60 yards before handing it over to the President to take it the remaining 40 yards. I'd disagree. The House took it 80 yards or more to the Red-Zone. The President can take it in from there, a-la J-Train or leave it alone for 5 days at which point it goes back to the House to vote on. The House at that point can take it in, a-la TOOMBS.

drcrinum

http://thegatewaypundit.com/2018/02/house-intelligence-committee-releases-mondays-meeting-minutes-dems-demand-delays-in-releasing-fisa-memo-schiff-admits-to-secret-meeting-with-fbi-head-wray/

Quote:

HUGE: House Intel Committee Releases Monday's Mtg. Minutes Schiff Admits to Secret Contact with FBI Chief Chris Wray

The House Intelligence Committee (IC) released their minutes from Monday's meeting.

http://docs.house.gov/meetings/IG/IG00/20180129/106822/HMTG-115-IG00-Transcript-20180129.pdf

Quote:

Here is a summary of the comments and motions made during the meeting as noted in the 58 page document...

P18 King claims that "contrary to claims made in the media, this committee has been transparent with the FBI". Reps Nunez and Gowdy provided FBI director Wray a copy of the FISA memo on Sunday and shared memo with 2 senior FBI employees on Monday before the IC meeting. The Rep King states
Quote:

There are moments in our history when full transparency is required so that all Americans can understand what their government has done. After all, this is the American people's House, and we work for them.
Having carefully balance the need to keep the information secret with the need to inform the public, I have concluded that this matter requires us to disclose the information in the memo to the American people."
P19 Chair states that he believes FISA memo was properly vetted with no classified information.

P20 Schiff states that he talked with FBI Director Wray [privately] and states Wray wants to come before the Committee to state his concerns with the FISA memo [Why did Wray share this only with Schiff? When did this secret meeting or discussion take place and who else was present?] Schiff makes a motion to delay releasing the FISA memo.

So Schiff stated he talked privately with Wray. He also made derogatory comments about Trump in the same commentary. Go to Page 20 and read his discourse.
techno-ag
AG
drcrinum said:

http://thegatewaypundit.com/2018/02/house-intelligence-committee-releases-mondays-meeting-minutes-dems-demand-delays-in-releasing-fisa-memo-schiff-admits-to-secret-meeting-with-fbi-head-wray/

Quote:

HUGE: House Intel Committee Releases Monday's Mtg. Minutes Schiff Admits to Secret Contact with FBI Chief Chris Wray

The House Intelligence Committee (IC) released their minutes from Monday's meeting.

http://docs.house.gov/meetings/IG/IG00/20180129/106822/HMTG-115-IG00-Transcript-20180129.pdf

Quote:

Here is a summary of the comments and motions made during the meeting as noted in the 58 page document...

P18 King claims that "contrary to claims made in the media, this committee has been transparent with the FBI". Reps Nunez and Gowdy provided FBI director Wray a copy of the FISA memo on Sunday and shared memo with 2 senior FBI employees on Monday before the IC meeting. The Rep King states
Quote:

There are moments in our history when full transparency is required so that all Americans can understand what their government has done. After all, this is the American people's House, and we work for them.
Having carefully balance the need to keep the information secret with the need to inform the public, I have concluded that this matter requires us to disclose the information in the memo to the American people."
P19 Chair states that he believes FISA memo was properly vetted with no classified information.

P20 Schiff states that he talked with FBI Director Wray [privately] and states Wray wants to come before the Committee to state his concerns with the FISA memo [Why did Wray share this only with Schiff? When did this secret meeting or discussion take place and who else was present?] Schiff makes a motion to delay releasing the FISA memo.

So Schiff stated he talked privately with Wray. He also made derogatory comments about Trump in the same commentary. Go to Page 20 and read his discourse.

So Schiff colluded with the FBI you say?
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Trump Live

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_pill_and_blue_pill]I prefer the red pills[/url]
RoscoePColtrane
drcrinum said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

If you read the entire transcript with all their circle jerk rebuttals, the common theme in all their concerns is that if we release this memo, what are we going to have to release next and the public will be demanding to see copious amounts of classified materials. That's a riot when you think about it.

For years you know that the the public has figured out that the government hides be the "classified" tag way too much. The releasing of the Kennedy files was the straw that broke the camel's back with the younger crow. Forty somethings crew up with the dark secret of the hidden Kennedy files hyped their entire lives and then they are released and it's another Geraldo Wine cellar. The Government abuses the classification process just to hide their BS.
oneeyedag
White sulphur springs is racist...[/libs]
GCP12
AG
Desert Ag
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

I wish Ryan would tweet back at her a single word. "No. "
A simple text saying, "Blow me, Nancy," would be better.
How about "NO, and you just keep chewing the cud and don't worry about anything; someone will be along directly to wheel you back to your room!"
FbgTxAg
AG
GCP12 said:

What the actual F do they think the point of the damn memo is????
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
aggiehawg
AG
GCP12 said:

They must think we are idiots who can't figure out who they are anyway. Pretty flimsy fig leaf, if you ask me.
bmks270
AG
jjeffers1 said:

GCP12 said:

It was approved for release in its unredacted form, and unredacted it shall be.
FTAG 2000
AG
GCP12 said:

Drain the sum*****.
GCP12
AG
Nice tweet, ABC. Talk about burying the lede
Quote:

Johnson's letter also requests emails between Hillary Clinton and former president Barack Obama that were exchanged while Clinton was in the "territory of a sophisticated adversary."
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Oh, THEY don't like being unmasked?
FbgTxAg
AG
jjeffers1 said:

GCP12 said:

If the FBI, under the leadership of Chris Wray, requested this...

If the DOJ, under the leadership of Jeff Sessions (or Rod Rosenstein if this is recusal territory)...

They should both be immediately fired for obstruction of justice.
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
BillYeoman
aggiehawg said:

GCP12 said:

They must think we are idiots who can't figure out who they are anyway. Pretty flimsy fig leaf, if you ask me.

Could the mentioning of names jeopardize any ongoing FBI investigations of those mentioned I the memo?
HeardAboutPerio
AG
Is it Rosenstein making that request at DOJ? Isn't there some implied revelation about him in the memo?
FriscoKid
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

Oh, THEY don't like being unmasked?
HAHA, so true.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
BillYeoman said:

aggiehawg said:

GCP12 said:

Could the mentioning of names jeopardize any ongoing FBI investigations of those mentioned I the memo?
if the memo gets released with names redacted the answer is very much yes.
bmks270
AG
BillYeoman said:

aggiehawg said:

GCP12 said:

Probabaly only the Russia investigation.
aggiehawg
AG
blindey said:

BillYeoman said:

aggiehawg said:

GCP12 said:

I am going to disagree here. This is the first time the FBI and DOJ have said anything about redacting names. If prosecutions were in the works, they would have been jumping up and down about redactions for the last several weeks. Before every member of the House who wanted could read it unredacted. Horse is out of the barn by now.

My spidey senses are saying just the opposite, the fix is in. There will be no consequences.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
aggiehawg said:

blindey said:

BillYeoman said:

aggiehawg said:

GCP12 said:

I am going to disagree here. This is the first time the FBI and DOJ have said anything about redacting names. If prosecutions were in the works, they would have been jumping up and down about redactions for the last several weeks. Before every member of the House who wanted could read it unredacted. Horse is out of the barn by now.

My spidey senses are saying just the opposite, the fix is in. There will be no consequences.
excellent point and I hadn't thought of it that way.

Fortunately (I think) the decision in the form of released document is out of the hands of the people now clamoring for redaction.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but at this point, couldn't Trump and the IC just say, "we've considered your request to redact names and have decided...nah."
GCP12
AG
aggiehawg said:

blindey said:

BillYeoman said:

aggiehawg said:

GCP12 said:

Yup. I hate to have to change my mind on Wray so quickly, but this looks bad.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but at this point, couldn't Trump and the IC just say, "we've considered your request to redact names and have decided...nah."
That's my take, yes.

Which is why it is so stupid pointless to bring it up now.
bmks270
AG
aggiehawg said:

blindey said:

BillYeoman said:

aggiehawg said:

GCP12 said:

It could just be Wray going to bat for his team. He is newz It benefits him to have the trust of those in the orginazation to know that he will go to bat for them if there were the center of this. It could all just be an orchestrated show.
whatthehey78
AG
BillYeoman said:

aggiehawg said:

GCP12 said:

My reply would be "How effing long is said investigation going to take? You've had +/- a year. Either **** or get off the pot and my answer is H3LL NO!"
Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and myself founded empires; but upon what foundation did we rest the creations of our genius? Upon force! But Jesus Christ founded His upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him. - Napoleon Bonaparte
aggiehawg
AG
GCP12 said:

aggiehawg said:

blindey said:

BillYeoman said:

aggiehawg said:

GCP12 said:

Yup. I hate to have to change my mind on Wray so quickly, but this looks bad.
Very, very disappointed in both Wray and Sessions.
First Page Last Page
Page 129 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.