Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,445,045 Views | 49262 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by nortex97
FTAG 2000
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
reb, said:

FOX just aired this as if it were fact. My jaw is on the floor. Dana Perino and Chris Wallace said this was really odd that the FBI & Whitehouse are at odds.

I've been shouting this on twitter so I might as well say it here. How can the FBI justify having "grave concern" about the House Intel Committee memo containing "omissions of fact" while they are simultaneously stonewalling aforementioned committee on facts, including illegally losing texts to "glitches" that weren't lost at all. They want it both ways and my jaw is on the floor that Director Wray is publicly trying to undermine Trump, who appointed him.

And I guess Catherine Herridge's source is bogus? I

It's not a shock that there are warring factions with the bureau. This could also be a smoke out by Wray, but the fact it's tied to a known media member who has previously leaked on behalf of Page and Strzok is a bit of a smoking gun.
reb,
AG
AG 2000' said:

reb, said:

FOX just aired this as if it were fact. My jaw is on the floor. Dana Perino and Chris Wallace said this was really odd that the FBI & Whitehouse are at odds.

I've been shouting this on twitter so I might as well say it here. How can the FBI justify having "grave concern" about the House Intel Committee memo containing "omissions of fact" while they are simultaneously stonewalling aforementioned committee on facts, including illegally losing texts to "glitches" that weren't lost at all. They want it both ways and my jaw is on the floor that Director Wray is publicly trying to undermine Trump, who appointed him.

It's not a shock that there are warring factions with the bureau. This could also be a smoke out by Wray, but the fact it's tied to a known media member who has previously leaked on behalf of Page and Strzok is a bit of a smoking gun.
Am I wrong in saying that this would not be released if Wray didn't agree with it? That there are warring factions within the bureau is obvious, this thread is ABOUT that, but this would be public conflict between Wray and Trump.

So whats the deal, is there a rogue FBI agent actually getting official statements read on news networks?
Cepe
AG
I don't think Trump gives a rip what the FBI says at this point.
scottimus
AG
Especially because he is their boss!
Suppose I was an idiot. Suppose I was a member of congress. But, I repeat myself.
HeardAboutPerio
AG
AG 2000' said:

reb, said:

Wray allowing this statement (if true) would not allow him to find someone. Now allowing certain FBI representatives to handle a statement and seeing where the smoke comes out is another approach altogether. Is this statement official? It was reported on fox as legit.

If it's legit, we really don't know what omissions they are referencing or their pertinence to FISA warrant approval.
FireAg
AG
HeardAboutPerio said:

AG 2000' said:

reb, said:

Wray allowing this statement (if true) would not allow him to find someone. Now allowing certain FBI representatives to handle a statement and seeing where the smoke comes out is another approach altogether. Is this statement official? It was reported on fox as legit.

If it's legit, we really don't know what omissions they are referencing or their pertinence to FISA warrant approval.
If it's legit, how come no one can show where it came from?
HeardAboutPerio
AG
You summarized my concerns much more concisely.
FTAG 2000
AG
reb, said:

AG 2000' said:

reb, said:

Am I wrong in saying that this would not be released if Wray didn't agree with it? That there are warring factions within the bureau is obvious, this thread is ABOUT that, but this would be public conflict between Wray and Trump.

So whats the deal, is there a rogue FBI agent actually getting official statements read on news networks?

There has been zero official release by the FBI (press office, twitter, etc.). The only source for this being official is the Page/Strzok linked reporter from the Washington Times.
reb,
AG
For Wray to do this (IF he is doing this), then he'd basically be telling the public that he told Trump this was a bad idea, got overruled, so he felt compelled to bring it to the attention of the public so they could shame is his boss into stopping this.

Its that implication that has me wound up, and I can see why the Left is lovin this.
FTAG 2000
AG
reb, said:

For Wray to do this (IF he is doing this), then he'd basically be telling the public that he told Trump this was a bad idea, got overruled, so he felt compelled to bring it to the attention of the public so they could shame is his boss into stopping this.

Its that implication that has me wound up, and I can see why the Left is lovin this.

There's zero proof Wray authorized this. It's not even on FBI letterhead.
HeardAboutPerio
AG
Why is it all Trump's fault? They need to remember it was a congressional memo and trump just now got it after they voted to release it. So Wray saw it before trump if I recall the timeline correctly. At least officially.
reb,
AG
Exactly.

Yet, this has been out how many hours now...and we're still waiting on this to be cleared up?
GCP12
AG
reb, said:

Exactly.

Yet, this has been out how many hours now...and we're still waiting on this to be cleared up?
Problem is no one who could get the answer is trying to clear it up. The media doesn't care where the statement came from. They are just running with it and not questioning.
Rapier108
GCP12 said:

reb, said:

Exactly.

Problem is no one who could get the answer is trying to clear it up. The media doesn't care where the statement came from. They are just running with it and not questioning.
The media has no reason to clear up anything since it would hurt their narrative. Even Fox will run with it, because except for the evening lineup, they are mostly anti-Trump/pro-Swamp.
reb,
AG
HeardAboutPerio said:

Why is it all Trump's fault? They need to remember it was a congressional memo and trump just now got it after they voted to release it. So Wray saw it before trump if I recall the timeline correctly. At least officially.
I'm not assigning fault.

I'm saying this is the implication. As of this morning, Chief of Staff Kelly said it would be released quickly. Wray would basically be giving himself political cover, here, which should get his ass fired.
fasthorse05
I'm paying more attention to the "we had limited number of hours to review" comment.

Using that logic, it CAN'T be "materially accurate" due to time constraints. I can't imagine Gowdy and Nunez putting the memo out without significant, if not 100%, confidence to it's accuracy.

Basically, I'm not worrying about it anymore, because at some point, the authors are going to be able to say, "look gd, the frickin' proof is right here, now shut the F up"!
HeardAboutPerio
AG
I wasn't saying you meant Trump was at fault. The wording of the release is blaming the White House. That's where I was indicating Trump was being blamed. Sorry for the confusion
reb,
AG
reb,
AG
GCP12
AG
Quote:

according to sources familiar with the exchange
These reporter keep misspelling Adam Schiff
SpreadsheetAg
AG

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_pill_and_blue_pill]I prefer the red pills[/url]
SpreadsheetAg
AG
FBI Statement is now official:

https://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/press-releases/fbi-statement-on-hpsci-memo
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_pill_and_blue_pill]I prefer the red pills[/url]
Cepe
AG
Dang!
reb,
AG
LINDSEY IS READY TO PARTY TOO

tremble
AG
reb, said:

**** me, this is a damn knife fight now.
Rockdoc
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

FBI Statement is now official:

https://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/press-releases/fbi-statement-on-hpsci-memo
Who signed it? I don't see an author.
Bird Poo
AG
Our bureaucracy is completely and totally out of control. This is unbelievable.

People are really digging in in DC. This could get ugly or God forbid violent.
reb,
AG
Turn on CNN.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
tremble said:

reb, said:

**** me, this is a damn knife fight now.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
SpreadsheetAg
AG
reb, said:

Turn on CNN.
At work; what are they saying?
Bird Poo
AG
reb, said:

Turn on CNN.
No. I refuse to give them ratings.
reb,
AG
CNN saying they have new info about Peter Strzok.

They just interviewed Clapper where he pushed the "they blocked the Dems memo" bull****

This is all connected of course.

I guess we'll see after these commercials whats up with Pete.
GCP12
AG
reb, said:

Turn on CNN.
Ok, I did. What is supposed to be coming?
backintexas2013
AG
Guessing the news will be Pete the Cheat is being set up.
First Page Last Page
Page 121 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.