Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,445,514 Views | 49262 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by nortex97
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
GCP12 said:

Cody Shearer was buds with Blumenthal??

Hhmmm, guess we know who "the American contact" that gave the Shearer Memo to Steele was. Freakin' Blumenthal. It doesn't get much closer to Hillary than Blumenthal.
drcrinum
GCP12 said:

This is going to be very amsuing. Just google 'Cody Shearer memo". This guy is a classic political hit man -- runs in his family no less. Has worked for the Clintons for years, going back into the 90s. For example, in an article about his brother, Derek Shearer, a Bill Clinton appointee:

http://freebeacon.com/politics/clintons-gave-ambassadorship-to-man-who-said-debt-owed/

Quote:

(Derek) Shearer described how he worked with George Stephanopoulos, who was then Clinton's communications director, on drafts of speeches. He touted his work with Sidney Blumenthal and his brother Cody Shearer, a longtime Clinton operative who was at the center of the "spy network" collecting private intelligence while Hillary Clinton was secretary of state.

Actually, this second memo might prove interesting because it could prove further collusion with HRC in the Fusion GPS scandal. How did Steele obtain this second memo?
akm91
AG
Jeezus! When I thought the scandal couldn't get worse then reality (Clinton shenanigans) hit me upside the head.
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
drcrinum

Watch beginning at 1:00 to 4:00. The story you didn't hear. At the HPSCI meeting where the Nunes Memo was voted upon, the Dems then presented the Schiff Memo for a vote...except that the Dems expected the Committee to vote to release it without giving any of the Repubs an opportunity to read it. Zeldin in the above video stated the Repubs didn't even know if the Schiff Memo actually existed. Perhaps it didn't -- it was all a political ploy, because immediately following the meeting, the Dems all ran to the cameras to complain that the Repubs voted their memo down. Hilarious IMO.
HeardAboutPerio
AG
drcrinum said:

Watch beginning at 1:00 to 4:00. The story you didn't hear. At the HPSCI meeting where the Nunes Memo was voted upon, the Dems then presented the Schiff Memo for a vote...except that the Dems expected the Committee to vote to release it without giving any of the Repubs an opportunity to read it. Zeldin in the above video stated the Repubs didn't even know if the Schiff Memo actually existed. Perhaps it didn't -- it was all a political ploy, because immediately following the meeting, the Dems all ran to the cameras to complain that the Repubs voted their memo down. Hilarious IMO.

Great find.

I would hope someone could come out and say that on the talk shows to countermand Schiff's narrative. Unfortunately that won't be anywhere except maybe Fox.
akm91
AG
Guess Schiff got that from Pelosi. You have to pass it to find out what's in it.
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
ellebee
FireAg said:

ellebee said:

I get the feeling that he's going to burn it all down tonight.
You are setting yourself up for disappointment...

Nothing will go down tonight during the SOTU...

Oookaaaayyy fiiiiine...
stetson
AG
drcrinum said:

GCP12 said:

Quote:

The second memo was written by Cody Shearer, a controversial political activist and former journalist who was close to the Clinton White House in the 1990s....

The Shearer memo was provided to the FBI in October 2016.

It was handed to them by Steele who had been given it by an American contact after the FBI requested the former MI6 agent provide any documents or evidence that could be useful in its investigation, according to multiple sources.

The Guardian was told Steele warned the FBI he could not vouch for the veracity of the Shearer memo, but that he was providing a copy because it corresponded with what he had separately heard from his own independent sources....

Shearer is a controversial figure in Washington. Conservative outlets have accused him of being part of a "hatchet man" and member of a "secret spy ring" and within Clinton's orbit. There is no evidence that the Clinton campaign was aware of the Shearer memo.

But other people who know Shearer say he is not just a Democratic party hack and there is no evidence that his memo was ever sought by Clinton campaign officials
Sources say that while he lacks the precision and polish of a seasoned former spy like Steele, Shearer has also been described as having a large network of sources around the world and the independent financial means to pursue leads....

Quote:

But other people who know Shearer say he is not just a Democratic party hack and there is no evidence that his memo was ever sought by Clinton campaign officials
Sources say that while he lacks the precision and polish of a seasoned former spy like Steele, Shearer has also been described as having a large network of sources around the world and the independent financial means to pursue leads....
So, Shearer, on his own just ups and begins looking into possible collusion with Russia by the Trump campaign?? Riiiiight.
EKUAg
AG
akm91 said:

Guess Schiff got that from Pelosi. You have to pass it to find out what's in it.

Sounds like a kidney stone.
Prosperdick
AG
GCP12
AG

Dems be like:
reb,
AG
oops nevermind needed to refresh
reb,
AG
stetson said:

drcrinum said:

GCP12 said:

Quote:

The second memo was written by Cody Shearer, a controversial political activist and former journalist who was close to the Clinton White House in the 1990s....

The Shearer memo was provided to the FBI in October 2016.

It was handed to them by Steele who had been given it by an American contact after the FBI requested the former MI6 agent provide any documents or evidence that could be useful in its investigation, according to multiple sources.

The Guardian was told Steele warned the FBI he could not vouch for the veracity of the Shearer memo, but that he was providing a copy because it corresponded with what he had separately heard from his own independent sources....

Shearer is a controversial figure in Washington. Conservative outlets have accused him of being part of a "hatchet man" and member of a "secret spy ring" and within Clinton's orbit. There is no evidence that the Clinton campaign was aware of the Shearer memo.

Quote:

So, Shearer, on his own just ups and begins looking into possible collusion with Russia by the Trump campaign?? Riiiiight.
This thread by Chuck Ross says there is smoke that the bolded portion is BS. Perhaps not SOUGHT by Clinton campaign officials, but at least that they knew about it.

Read the thread, it's short.

SpreadsheetAg
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

This is the woman that dare question the POTUS fitness for office. Just listen to this bumbling incoheirant twit. She's a walking meatsack.

The full video is even worse:

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/pelosi-clashes-with-chris-cuomo-on-nunes-memo-you-really-dont-know-what-youre-talking-about/

• Pelosi says she read it, and everything in it is FALSE.
  • Paul Ryan is participating in a COVER UP

Gimme a break.
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_pill_and_blue_pill]I prefer the red pills[/url]
GCP12
AG
Last refuge thinks it was the same dossier repackaged
RoscoePColtrane
Talk about slurring speech and incoherency she might seek out a neurologist and get a cat scan
Never take a hostage you aren't willing to shoot,
Remember, America doesn’t negotiate with terrorists.
Code 7 10-42
BenFiasco14
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

Talk about slurring speech and incoherency she might seek out a neurologist and get a cat scan
Too much booze at lunch off the taxpayers' dime.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Just an Ag
AG
SpreadsheetAg
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

The last 10 seconds is fabulous irony:

Pelosi: Quote - "If you LIE - have no allegiance to the truth - are totally disrespectful to your responsibilities and the security of our country... you can persuade people of anything! It's happened before!"
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_pill_and_blue_pill]I prefer the red pills[/url]
ntxVol
RoscoePColtrane said:

She has been that way for years, I don't think it is anything new as far as how she speaks. It seems obvious to me that she is just a big lush. She needs help alright, but I think she just needs rehab.

**DISCLAIMER**
I am not a doctor and I don't pretend to be an authority on such things but I have known a few OLD drunks and that is what she reminds me of the most.
RoscoePColtrane
Here's the entire thing, she's a babbling idiot. I don't know how Cuomo kept a straight face dealing with that idiot.

OMG listen to her when she thinks her mic is off at the end last minute GEEZ

Never take a hostage you aren't willing to shoot,
Remember, America doesn’t negotiate with terrorists.
Code 7 10-42
Tailgate88
AG
Good Lord, that is pitiful. She needs to retire.
Joseph Parrish
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

Here's the entire thing, she's a babbling idiot. I don't know how Cuomo kept a straight face dealing with that idiot.

OMG listen to her when she thinks her mic is off at the end last minute GEEZ
Because Cuomo is also an idiot.
aggiehawg
AG
I am loving how every new piece of the puzzle boomerangs right back to Hillary. That is very rich indeed.

Out comes a report "Hey we have corroboration for the Steele memo!!"

From where? "Uhhmm, a Hillary operative."

So let's put this new piece of the puzzle in and see how the narrative works now:

Glenn Simpson is upset that Comey reopens the email investigation because of Weiner's lap top containing State Department emails. So what does he say he does?? Starts trying to push the story out about the counter intelligence probe into the Trump campaign. Then Simpson claims Steele told him that the FBI had some corroborating info for the dossier from a "mole" inside the campaign. That subsequently gets walked back. There is no mole inside the Trump campaign feeding the FBI information.

But Glenn Simpson who works for the Hillary campaign and the DNC, employs Bruce Ohr's wife meets in secret with Bruce Ohr and suddenly a second "memo" appears and is given to the FBI at about the same time.

Doesn't take a genius to figure out that there was some skepticism in the FBI about the dossier. They couldn't corroborate very much of it except for Carter Page taking a very public trip to Russia. Voila! A Clinton operative suddenly pops up with "corroboration" to prompt the FBI to act.

fasthorse05
Tailgate88 said:

Maybe, but she did get Obama to take over 3 trillion dollars of the American GDP.

Honestly, the way people throw around the words "he/she is a liar", it often hard to tell, but she's in a class by herself.

It's quite depressing to know that we've--well, some of us---have accepted her staggering comments as fresh rebuttals to Republican comments.

4stringAg
AG
Tailgate88 said:

What's pitiful are the fools who continue to elect her.
FireAg
AG
aggiehawg said:

I am loving how every new piece of the puzzle boomerangs right back to Hillary. That is very rich indeed.

Out comes a report "Hey we have corroboration for the Steele memo!!"

From where? "Uhhmm, a Hillary operative."

So let's put this new piece of the puzzle in and see how the narrative works now:

Glenn Simpson is upset that Comey reopens the email investigation because of Weiner's lap top containing State Department emails. So what does he say he does?? Starts trying to push the story out about the counter intelligence probe into the Trump campaign. Then Simpson claims Steele told him that the FBI had some corroborating info for the dossier from a "mole" inside the campaign. That subsequently gets walked back. There is no mole inside the Trump campaign feeding the FBI information.

But Glenn Simpson who works for the Hillary campaign and the DNC, employs Bruce Ohr's wife meets in secret with Bruce Ohr and suddenly a second "memo" appears and is given to the FBI at about the same time.

Doesn't take a genius to figure out that there was some skepticism in the FBI about the dossier. They couldn't corroborate very much of it except for Carter Page taking a very public trip to Russia. Voila! A Clinton operative suddenly pops up with "corroboration" to prompt the FBI to act.

That appears to be the easiest explanation, I agree...
FriscoKid
AG
I didn't really care what she had to say, but I thought the real news was that she did this really long in studio interview last night. There is some information fixing to drop that has the libs a little worried. CNN wanted to give her a lot of time and she wanted to get all dressed up and go down to the studio to spin it.
GCP12
AG
FriscoKid
AG
GCP12 said:

It's almost like they just threw something together.
IDAGG
AG
GCP12 said:

Is Meadows a straight shooter? I hope he is right. This will be so awesome if so!
FireAg
AG
FriscoKid said:

GCP12 said:

It's almost like they just threw something together.
Quite honestly, what do they possibly have to gain at this point? Why keep up the facade...

Sure appears to me that the inertia is a bit too much to overcome...
GCP12
AG
GCP12
AG
He's in the freedom caucus. Hard for me to judge if he's a straight shooter, because I mostly agree with everything he says ideologically.
FireAg
AG
Any Dem memo, if it is accurate and refutes nothing, is absolutely pointless...it's not even good lip service...
First Page Last Page
Page 114 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.