Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,446,550 Views | 49262 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by nortex97
drcrinum
How long do you want to ignore this user?

What about Mueller's past relationship with Comey? Isn't that a major conflict of interest?
aggiehawg
AG
Hawgsplainin' to the best of my ability given the paucity of information in the waiver:
  • Lawyers have become even more anal about getting waivers of potential conflicts of interest for the last 20 years or so
  • Mueller has been in both public service and private practice for decades in the fetid swamp where everybody is interconnected in one way or another.

Conclusion: Most likely a standard CYA move that Mueller requested.
RoscoePColtrane
drcrinum said:

What about Mueller's past relationship with Comey? Isn't that a major conflict of interest?
Yeah but way more difficult to prove a conflict based on the fact they worked together. All the talk of them being besties and all, doesn't really hold much water legally.
Never take a hostage you aren't willing to shoot,
Remember, America doesn’t negotiate with terrorists.
Code 7 10-42
aggiehawg
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

drcrinum said:

Yeah but way more difficult to prove a conflict based on the fact they worked together. All the talk of them being besties and all, doesn't really hold much water legally.
Well that depends. Comey is supposedly a witness (and possible criminal). If Mueller handled him with kid gloves, such as no record of his interviews, not under oath, etc. Then the fact that they are besties comes into play.
RoscoePColtrane
aggiehawg said:

RoscoePColtrane said:

drcrinum said:

Well that depends. Comey is supposedly a witness (and possible criminal). If Mueller handled him with kid gloves, such as no record of his interviews, not under oath, etc. Then the fact that they are besties comes into play.
With all their secrecy that would be a tough row to hoe on how Mueller handles Comey. I'm thinking it would take a whistleblower to prove that. Still boggles me that in this day and age they still rely strictly on the 302 for the record of interviews and interrogations, at the FBI. To me it makes it too susceptible to mischief and very subjective view of the interrogator.
Code 7 10-42
oysterbayAG
AG
In view of all this stuff that is happening, lets not forget that Donald Trump's oldest sister, Maryanne Trump Barry, is a retired Judge of the US Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. I understand that they are close and think that she is may be helping her little brother with some tips on where to look etc.
drcrinum

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/957766066108882944.html

This is a short thread on who "Trisha, Jim, Mike and Dave" are in reference to one of Strzok's tweets. They would be candidates for being members of the 'secret society' that numbered at least 16 members. There are a few links to matters associated with several of these individuals.
RoscoePColtrane
Code 7 10-42
drcrinum

There are 3 issues raised in that article that merit comment IMO:

1) Voting to release the Memo --
The crafty way to approach this is to vote to send it to the President, since it is classified, and to request that he approve it for release. That buys time. What I think is paramount is that the Memo should not detract from the President's State of the Union Speech Tuesday evening. Let him talk unfettered to the American people about all the great things that are happening in America (which the MSM is ignoring). An alternative would be to delay the vote until Wednesday, this likely being preferable because there would be no distraction element at all plus 2).

2) Schiff's 'memo' --
Obviously a political tactic. By delaying till Wednesday, the Committee can handle Schiff by stating that if his 'memo' is not classified, then the Committee does not need to vote on it and Schiff can do whatever he feels with it. If it is classified, then the Committee could vote it down, and if Schiff then releases it, he has released classified info. Or the Committee could delay voting on his classified 'memo' until it is posted in the classified access room for other members of the House to review for a period of time, or the Committee could refuse to vote on his classified 'memo' until all the Committee members read his 'memo' plus the Memo. = delay it if it is classified.

3) The letter from Boyd on January 24 --
Notice that Boyd's letter did not even have a cc to the President, Sessions or Rosenstein. He stepped out of line. Boyd ultimately answers to the President; plus Congress does not answer to Boyd, who is Assistant Attorney General for Office of Legislative Affairs. His letter is a distraction and gives the media fodder to chew on. He deserves a reprimand.
Just an Ag
AG
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/01/ex-secret-service-agent-warns-democrats-set-wage-scorched-earth-campaign-fisa-memo/

GCP12
AG
Thread from last refuge on what may be going on behind the scenes in Trump's war against the deep state and IC

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/957805134825828352.html
benchmark
AG
drcrinum said:

3) The letter from Boyd on January 24 -- Notice that Boyd's letter did not even have a cc to the President, Sessions or Rosenstein.
Boyd's letter seemed odd ... and not a peep from Sessions. Almost gives the appearance of a dysfunctional DOJ. Why not just send the letter to POTUS and copy Nunez ... since POTUS can ask for DOJ's review prior to his release approval?
drcrinum
benchmark said:

drcrinum said:

3) The letter from Boyd on January 24 -- Notice that Boyd's letter did not even have a cc to the President, Sessions or Rosenstein.
Boyd's letter seemed odd ... and not a peep from Sessions. Almost gives the appearance of a dysfunctional DOJ. Why not just send the letter to POTUS and copy Nunez ... since POTUS can ask for DOJ's review prior to his release approval?
There is another possibility about which I forgot: Sun Tzu -- "All warfare is based on deception."
Suppose Boyd's letter was written intentionally to distract the media? Make them think this Memo was going to cause all sorts of problems. That would certainly tweak their interest and perhaps generate talk on the MSM news cycles as well as generate a few MSM news articles. Get the news about a Memo out into the public realm, and then the MSM would have to generate some type of followup after release of the Memo.
RoscoePColtrane
GCP12 said:

Thread from last refuge on what may be going on behind the scenes in Trump's war against the deep state and IC

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/957805134825828352.html
Here is something I have been stewing on for some time and it goes all the way back to the POTUS inauguration and beyond. This isn't mentioned in the Last Refuge roll out but it's goes along with what they are getting at.

If you remember when Trump took office there was a huge hubbub about the size of the private security that the POTUS was going to retain and the MSM was calling is a dysfunction and they were conflicting with what the secret service does concerning the protection detail of the POTUS. However according to Secret Service Director Joseph Clancy, "the private force is currently operating in parallel to the Secret Service. They're not in any of our meetings ... they're not armed. They're more of a staff function than a security function," funny his choice of words match what Last Refuge was pressing on.

Now the POTUS's private security is contracted through Academi partner Xmark, which is what use to be called Blackwater. The main cheese at Academi and Xmark is John Ashcroft, they have worked for the POTUS for years. Who was it that got the Missouri GOP onboard with Trump the candidate? John Ashcroft. Who was it who convinced his long time friend and current sitting Senator from Alabama to get on board the Trump train early on? John Ashcroft. Ashcroft has been behind the POTUS from day one, some thought well he's just a good customer, but there really is I think more to it. When the POTUS appointed Sessions as AG who was the first person on all the networks defending the choice?

Here's something else that stuck in my mind as well, remember who was summoned to the WH reportedly to interview to replace Comey right after he was fired? Mueller, but him interviewing to return as FBI Chief never made sense. But who was Mueller's long time boss at the DOJ? John Ashcroft. If anyone knows the real Bob Mueller it's John Ashcroft. Now Mueller was supposedly interviewed for replacing Comey, which I think is complete speculative BS on the part of the MSM, and a few days later he's appointed special counsel. Too close to be an accident. No way to prove it, but I think Ashcroft who is still heavily connected got the word Mueller was going to be the guy, and helped POTUS get out front of it and had a sit down before the fact. Any contact afterwards would be viewed as meddling with the SC.

My final piece to this theory is a foreign ally. Now think a minute, any of you that currently serve or recently served can chime in on this. But it's not a huge secret that outside of the US, who has what is considered the top special forces, military intelligence, comparable to the frogmen team's or MAC/SOG, and anything close to the NSA? Simple answer, the Israelis! I'm sure you all will agree the Benjamin Netanyahu will fall on a grenade for Pres Trump. There is no foreign leader that is a stronger advocate for the POTUS and his mission in this presidency. If the POTUS has a foreign ally it's Benji. And the Israelis are ahead of the curve when it comes to dealing with adversaries, and their electronic spying is second to none.

I like the theory because I have had the same type of theory for a while. Trump has great instincts but he has managed to stay a step ahead of career Pols that have long time experience in the swamp, and this outsider has walked in and kicked the swamp creatures in the teeth. POTUS has made a success of himself by surrounding himself with good people all his life. People will laugh when I say this based on the startup trainwreck in the WH with Spicer, Priebus, Bannon etc. and getting involved with Manfort. I think he took some bad advice on them and make some unforced errors but he still won the election and he's full steam ahead now that he made some changes and is in his element. He's done all this against unprecedented headwinds and 90 percent of the media in cahoots with the Clinton Machine that has crushed many many people. POTUS is still standing and looking like he's about to level both barrels on the CLintons, and all their cronies.

Just a stupid theory but it is what it is.
Code 7 10-42
drcrinum

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/28/us/politics/rod-rosenstein-carter-page-secret-memo.html?smid=tw-share

Quote:

A secret, highly contentious Republican memo reveals that Deputy Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein approved an application to extend surveillance of a former Trump campaign associate shortly after taking office last spring, according to three people familiar with it.

The renewal shows that the Justice Department under President Trump saw reason to believe that the associate, Carter Page, was acting as a Russian agent. But the reference to Mr. Rosenstein's actions in the memo a much-disputed document that paints the investigation into Russian election meddling as tainted from the start indicates that Republicans may be moving to seize on his role as they seek to undermine the inquiry.

The memo's primary contention is that F.B.I. and Justice Department officials failed to adequately explain to an intelligence court judge in initially seeking a warrant for surveillance of Mr. Page that they were relying in part on research by an investigator, Christopher Steele, that had been financed by the Democratic National Committee and Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign....

You can read the article yourself. It's Maggie Haberman again, and it is a fishing expedition IMO. They have a tidbit about Rosenstien, but the reporting is all designed to make it look like the Republicans have problems...as you would expect from Maggie.
Bobcat06
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

Here's something else that stuck in my mind as well, remember who was summoned to the WH reportedly to interview to replace Comey right after he was fired? Mueller, but him interviewing to return as FBI Chief never made sense. But who was Mueller's long time boss at the DOJ? John Ashcroft. If anyone knows the real Bob Mueller it's John Ashcroft. Now Mueller was supposedly interviewed for replacing Comey, which I think is complete speculative BS on the part of the MSM, and a few days later he's appointed special counsel. Too close to be an accident. No way to prove it, but I think Ashcroft who is still heavily connected got the word Mueller was going to be the guy, and helped POTUS get out front of it and had a sit down before the fact. Any contact afterwards would be viewed as meddling with the SC.

Good find on Ashcroft.

If Mueller is as involved in Uranium One as has been rumored, couldn't the May 17th meeting be Trump using U1 as leverage?
Ellis Wyatt
One other thing I've been wondering about is Trump's claims about voter fraud. I've been really thinking that he DID know something right off the bat that came from all of this mess, and that addressing that will be part of the process of unwinding the corrupt Obama state.
drcrinum

There have been rumors circulating that Trump is being protected by powerful people behind the scenes. It makes a lot of sense that the Israelis would be a leading candidate -- Obama double crossed them or sold them out, whatever you want to call it when he jumped in bed with the Muslim Brotherhood and Iran. Likely though there is some form of a consortium of interests: other potential contributors would be Erik Prince & Peter Thiel, and as far as another country...where did he go on his first visit: SA, another country double crossed by Obama. And in the Far East, there are two other countries very worried about their survival, thanks to Obama & the Clintons, Japan & South Korea.

It's no secret that Trump has surrounded himself with the military. The latter saw what Obama did to them, and they have been playing a leading role in protecting him as well. Admiral Rogers has been highlighted by The Last Refuge multiple times, and Flynn was advising Trump early in the campaign. Those two would know who was trustworthy in the military as well as many of the Obama appointees/hires in the intel agencies. I've wondered if Rogers and Flynn had dealings with Horowitz circa the Transition Period.
RoscoePColtrane
Bobcat06 said:

RoscoePColtrane said:

Good find on Ashcroft.

If Mueller is as involved in Uranium One as has been rumored, couldn't the May 17th meeting be Trump using U1 as leverage?
Yessir I think Ashcroft has plenty to leverage Mueller, but I'm not sure he'd need it. Ashcroft is a real dude, not some drugstore cowboy. He's been around the block and now heads one of the biggest private spook/security contractors on the planet.
Code 7 10-42
RoscoePColtrane
drcrinum said:

There have been rumors circulating that Trump is being protected by powerful people behind the scenes. It makes a lot of sense that the Israelis would be a leading candidate -- Obama double crossed them or sold them out, whatever you want to call it when he jumped in bed with the Muslim Brotherhood and Iran. Likely though there is some form of a consortium of interests: other potential contributors would be Erik Prince & Peter Thiel, and as far as another country...where did he go on his first visit: SA, another country double crossed by Obama. And in the Far East, there are two other countries very worried about their survival, thanks to Obama & the Clintons, Japan & South Korea.

It's no secret that Trump has surrounded himself with the military. The latter saw what Obama did to them, and they have been playing a leading role in protecting him as well. Admiral Rogers has been highlighted by The Last Refuge multiple times, and Flynn was advising Trump early in the campaign. Those two would know who was trustworthy in the military as well as many of the Obama appointees/hires in the intel agencies. I've wondered if Rogers and Flynn had dealings with Horowitz circa the Transition Period.
Exactly..... and who founded Blackwater which is now known as Academi? Erik Prince
Code 7 10-42
Bobcat06
AG
Don't forget Erik Prince's sister is Betsy Devos, Trump's Education Secretary.
boulderaggie
AG
Bobcat06 said:

did not know that.
RoscoePColtrane
boulderaggie said:

Bobcat06 said:

did not know that.
Yes it's a pretty amazing story. The Prince family are billionaires, car parts or something to do with the Detroit plants. But Erik decided to become a warrior and was a frogman with the teams. I have his biography in hardback, it's called "Civilian Warriors" it's a good read.
Code 7 10-42
Garrelli 5000
AG
After it came to light in the DNC emails that Maggie H. was one of their media mouthpieces, anything she prints can be discredited. Her masters feed her stories to her. She's a propaganda publisher, not a journalist.
benchmark
AG
drcrinum said:

"But the reference to Mr. Rosenstein's actions in the memo - a much-disputed document that paints the investigation into Russian election meddling as tainted from the start - indicates that Republicans may be moving to seize on his role as they seek to undermine the inquiry."
This NYT article was clearly released for the Monday morning news cycle to set the stage for the forthcoming Democrat "rebuttal memo" - namely, spinning Nunez's memo as cherry picking facts to discredit Rosenstein and by proxy, his BFF Mueller.

Get ready - most of the media will focus 90% of their coverage on the memo's partisan intent and not it's content.
backintexas2013
AG
The question that left leaving posters on here refuse to discuss is if the dossier was used to get the warrant, which we know it was, and it was presented as intel and true, which we don't know yet, will you have a problem with it?

They either don't answer or say "the warrant would have been approved without it".
HeardAboutPerio
AG
benchmark said:

drcrinum said:

"But the reference to Mr. Rosenstein's actions in the memo - a much-disputed document that paints the investigation into Russian election meddling as tainted from the start - indicates that Republicans may be moving to seize on his role as they seek to undermine the inquiry."
This NYT article was clearly released for the Monday morning news cycle to set the stage for the forthcoming Democrat "rebuttal memo" - namely, spinning Nunez's memo as cherry picking facts to discredit Rosenstein and by proxy, his BFF Mueller.

Get ready - most of the media will focus 90% of their coverage on the memo's partisan intent and not it's content.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5721133618001/

Just watch the entire Gowdy interview with Chris Wallace. Wallace essentially tries to diminish the magnitude of the memo by saying the dossier wasn't the only evidence used to gain the warrant, the Republicans are overhyping the implications by lying about secret societies, and it's a hit piece on a storied American institution.

Gowdy did a good job avoiding the pitfalls Wallace set up by indicating if the dossier was 20-80% of the reason a "supposed" warrant was granted that it should be known by everyone.

The sound bytes making the rounds about Steele's relationship with DNC and HRC were the highlight reel
But he also reveal some interesting insight to his thoughts: he has a real disdain for Sessions recusal, he thinks Mueller will do a good job if they'll leave him alone, and the secret society mention is likely BS his quote, "I never used that term and Republicans are the best at taking good facts and overhyping it to change the narrative"). He does a good job with the implication that it may have been a joke into the fact that there were a ton of "jokes" including: impeachment, don't want to investigate if he gets cleared, and mention of an insurance policy. All of which indicates a pattern.
akm91
AG
backintexas2013 said:

The question that left leaving posters on here refuse to discuss is if the dossier was used to get the warrant, which we know it was, and it was presented as intel and true, which we don't know yet, will you have a problem with it?

They either don't answer or say "the warrant would have been approved without it".
End justifies the means.
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
RoscoePColtrane
Well the groundwork is being laid. Today's democratic talking point is:

"That if even one small piece of the dossier is accurate, it fully justifies it being used to gain a FISA warrant, it's called probable cause"

Get ready for this defense
Code 7 10-42
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
The problem the left has is that use of the dossier to get a FISA warrant is just very very tippy tip of the iceberg.
Ellis Wyatt
blindey said:

The problem the left has is that use of the dossier to get a FISA warrant is just very very tippy tip of the iceberg.
Of course their goal is to shout down the truth. They want to get people up in arms about obstruction and make the mean ol' republicans stop digging. They want to get the partisan idiots who hang out on social media and who get their "news" from Comedy Central and late night talk shows to tune out truth.
scottimus
AG
I watched the Gowdy/Wallace interview. Wallace is great at hitting both parties. I wish he would call out the folly more.

Anyway, Regardless if it was a joke amongst friends.

I do not think it is appropriate for upper level FBI agents and DOJ who are in charge of investigations to be "playing" with words....at work....on a company phone....while mingling in work.

Unacceptable if it was in jest or not. There is not room for that kind of behavior at that level.

Why they are still employed is beyond me.
Suppose I was an idiot. Suppose I was a member of congress. But, I repeat myself.
drcrinum

Another interesting tidbit: McCain's relationship to Russian tycoon Oleg Deripaska. (Think money!)

If you look at Grassley's recent letters again concerning Christopher Steele, he is requesting all communications with various people including...you guessed it, Oleg Deripaska.

https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/2018-01-25%20CEG%20LG%20to%20DWS%20(Steele%20Dossier).pdf

Quote:

12. For the period from March 2016 through January 2017, please provide all communications to, from, copying, or relating to: Fusion GPS; Bean LLC; Glenn Simpson; Mary Jacoby; Peter Fritsch; Tom Catan; Jason Felch; Neil King; David Michaels; Taylor Sears; Patrick Corcoran; Laura Sego; Jay Bagwell; Erica Castro; Nellie Ohr; Rinat Akhmetshin; Ed Lieberman; Edward Baumgartner; Orbis Business Intelligence Limited; Orbis Business International Limited.; Walsingham Training Limited; Walsingham Partners Limited; Christopher Steele; Christopher Burrows; SirAndrew Wood, Paul Hauser; Oleg Deripaska; Cody Shearer; Sidney Blumenthal; Jon Winer; Kathleen Kavalec; Victoria Nuland; Daniel Jones; Bruce Ohr; Peter Strzok; Andrew McCabe; James Baker; Sally Yates; Loretta Lynch; John Brennan.

It's the Deep State which clearly has been sleeping in bed with the Russians, not Trump.

Edit: Note who arranged the yacht party in the above tweet: The lobbying firm of Davis Manafort -- yes, that is the same Paul Manafort under indictment and his partner Rick Davis.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
I can't help but like Gowdy
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_pill_and_blue_pill]I prefer the red pills[/url]
RoscoePColtrane
First Page Last Page
Page 103 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.