Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,446,892 Views | 49262 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by nortex97
Secolobo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rudebaeger said:

As for American citizens caught up in this, don't have to go thru the due process of law before their assets are seized ?

This EO seems too broadly written to be limited to foreign bad actors. The government could swoop in and snag anyone's assets (without due process) including any American's assets.

Read section (iii) of the EO. There is no due process. The POTUS cannot just make his own rules/laws and then enforce them w/o going thru Congress

This bothers me greatly.

Like DACA?
Can I go to sleep Looch?
Rudebaeger
AG

DACA is way unconstitutional. No doubt.

I just worry that the president is a first writing an EO
and
then seizing assets based upon that EO.

However can anAmerican defend oneself ?

This EO appears to be crafted to nail selected persons.

Nevermind that the EO is Ex-post facto.

fasthorse05
Rudebaeger said:

and

I think it is crafted for exactly that---to nail selected persons. For someone like me, I have a monster ambivalence. I believe huge crimes involving money laundering, bribes, and whole bunch of other things you legal types could come up with, were committed by crafty lawyers, and bad people.

My ambivalence is that I want the perps to be caught, but using the law, as it stands today, and then. Even if our LEO agencies knew about it (likely), they never investigated, and if they did, put it in the drawer.

Now, IMO (meaning an unwashed American citizen w/o a law degree), the EO will be shot down. I also believe Trump pulls some of this barnyard vocal crap (****hole country) to throw everyone else off. OTOH, I may be giving him too much credit, but 12/21/17 was over 3 weeks ago, and I've never heard of it.

I also believe Trump and his lawyers know it will be turned over, or stopped, whatever legal process that is. I think it is just what they said, "a shot across the bow".
Rockdoc
AG
Maybe it's designed to hold those selected people over a barrel if you know what I mean. Sometimes blackmail is powerful leverage.
boulderaggie
AG
Rudebaeger said:

and

I think the EO is crafted in such a way so that he can declare a state of emergency (while the MSM is occupied with distractions) which kicks in other powers and tools, such as military tribunals, etc.
People forget that Trump really does want the be known as the greatest president ever.
TRADUCTOR
reb, said:

here we go

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-sought-release-of-classified-russia-memo-putting-him-at-odds-with-justice-department/2018/01/27/a00f2a4c-02bb-11e8-9d31-d72cf78dbeee_story.html

Quote:

On Wednesday, as Republicans were clamoring to make public a secret document that they think will undercut the investigation into Russian meddling, President Trump made clear his desire: release the memo.

Trump's directive was at odds with his own Justice Department, which had warned that releasing the classified memo written by congressional Republicans would be "extraordinarily reckless" without an official review. Nevertheless, White House chief of staff John F. Kelly relayed the president's view to Attorney General Jeff Sessions though the decision to release the document ultimately lies with Congress.

Kelly and Sessions spoke twice that day in person during a small-group afternoon meeting and in a phone call later that evening, and Kelly conveyed Trump's desire, a senior administration official said.

here we go and gotta take another crazy pill to believe the corruption is actually Trump exposing corruption of a corrupt corruption investigation.
drcrinum

(Click on page -- actually 4 pages of documents included)

Current Uranium One case against Mark Lambert of Transport Logistics International: Order dated 1/24/2018 to protect confidentiality of all the evidence in the case as there are ongoing criminal investigations, part of a larger/broader investigation into international corruption and money laundering -- 1.9 million documents!

So clearly there is an active investigation going on regarding Uranium One.
Lot Y Tailgate
AG
So summary so far - An FBI agent, who texted bad things about Trump was fired from Mueller's investigation, and it is the end of the world. But Nunes who was on Trump's transition team, is still investigating.
TexAgs91
AG
Lot Y Tailgate said:

So summary so far - An FBI agent, who texted bad things about Trump was fired from Mueller's investigation, and it is the end of the world. But Nunes who was on Trump's transition team, is still investigating.
Wrong. Keep reading. You'll get there.

eta: Dang... actually you're at about December 5th. You've got quite a ways to go.
Fight! Fight! Fight!
RoscoePColtrane
Ditto
Never take a hostage you aren't willing to shoot,
Remember, America doesn’t negotiate with terrorists.
Code 7 10-42
Lot Y Tailgate
AG
TexAgs91 said:

Lot Y Tailgate said:

eta: Dang... actually you're at about December 5th. You've got quite a ways to go.
There has been 100 pages of speculation, but no additional facts.
techno-ag
AG
Lot Y Tailgate said:

TexAgs91 said:

Lot Y Tailgate said:

Here's a fact. They haven't nailed Trump yet. And it's not for lack of trying. But nothing has stuck. Because nothing is there.

On the Democrat side, though, there's a lot there.
Ellis Wyatt
Lot Y Tailgate said:

Houston Lee
AG
Lot Y Tailgate said:

Dude. Have you even heard of Q ?

You are so far in the dark about what is coming down the pike that it is going to blow your mind. Or you might not even accept it.

Your world is about to be completely rocked.
RoscoePColtrane

Code 7 10-42
reb,
AG
It says the report will be "responsive to additional questions" from the letter he is replying to.

That is delightfully irritating to me because I'd like to know whether it'll be responsive to all or some of the questions. Well played, IG Horowitz. Guess we'll know soon enough.
stetson
AG
IDAGG said:

Well that makes sense. I can also see that the committee and public really doesn't need to see personal embarrassing texts that have nothing to do with the investigation. Kind of a privacy thing. I realize they texted on government issued phones so no expectation of privacy, but still do we really need to see their lovey dovey stuff? Not really.

Yeah, but not a single "I miss you" or something similar? I'm skeptical that they were lovers.
DeWrecking Crew
You don't say "I miss you" when you see and text them dozens of times per day after the first 6 weeks of a relationship
TexAgs91
AG
Lot Y Tailgate said:

TexAgs91 said:

Lot Y Tailgate said:

It doesn't have to be here. 99% of what I've learned about Strzok has been from news sites. It's all still there if you have any interest in looking.
Fight! Fight! Fight!
TexAgs91
AG
Lot Y Tailgate said:

TexAgs91 said:

Lot Y Tailgate said:

TexAgs91 said:

It doesn't have to be here. 99% of what I've learned about Strzok has been from news sites. It's all still there if you have any interest in looking.

Actually here's a great place to start. And it's based on two things you should already know.

Once you've followed that for 15-30 minutes (while thinking I might add) you'll see how naive your summary was.
Fight! Fight! Fight!
drcrinum
RoscoePColtrane said:

There is something else in the background concerning the events leading up to this letter: The FBI claimed it had lost the text messages for a 5 month period because of a software glitch...and obviously they made no significant effort to recover them. The OIG had no problem in quickly recovering the messages. This means that there are still 'Deep State' elements in control over certain FBI activities who haven't been isolated (such as McCabe, Baker, Strzok, Page and likely Priestap). Remember, as many as 16 met at the 'Secret Society' meetings. I believe this also ties in with the FBI letter from Boyd complaining about the HPSCI & Nunes planning on releasing the Memo. There are still 'conspirators' whose names haven't been outed. I assume the OIG & Nunes & Co. know who the latter 'conspirators' are, but that info hasn't filtered down to us via The Last Refuge, Carter & other sources.
drcrinum

Start at the 1:00 minute mark:
Either McCabe's text messages were also 'lost' or they are refusing to release them to a FOIA-lawsuit court order. No question though that McCabe was a 'texter' too, and Fitton implies Comey did as well...and these people knew texts were just as recoverable as e-mails???? Whew!
However, I feel certain the OIG has McCabe's texts though.

I've been retired for a few years. Is 'texting' now a routine part of everyday white-collar work activities? You don't call colleagues on the intercom...you text them?

Joe Exotic
AG
I know military wise texting is becoming more and more popular. In my unit each squad has their own group text where all information is passed down. Same with the platoon sergeants and others. Our sister unit notified all soldiers their deployment was cancelled via group texts as well. It's just too easy.
benchmark
AG
drcrinum said:

This means that there are still 'Deep State' elements in control over certain FBI activities who haven't been isolated
Ditto DOJ who also continues to thwart almost every action by the Congressional investigation oversight committees. Most recently ... last Wednesday's DOJ letter calling the Nunez memo reckless unless first reviewed by the Justice Department for national security reasons. Does anyone seriously believe DOJ's review wouldn't result in a classified reason to block the memo's release?

Bottom line - neither Sessions or Wray will gain control over their depts until the committees and IG release their reports/memos and expose these DOJ and FBI bad actors.
Cepe
AG
Texting is ubiquitous now - even with people sitting across the table from each other in a meeting.
Tailgate88
AG
Check out the GroupMe app. I am in groups of my friends, one of Scoutmasters if my son's Troop, several for band boosters etc. if you have a teenager I bet they have it. It's a great tool.
ellebee
I'm not sure if they have any specific regulations that would apply, but in my industry, all securities related communications have to be monitored, which includes texting. We do not currently monitor text messages so we can't text work related info. Also, IT'S DISCOVERABLE SO WE WOULDN'T IF WE COULD.
stetson
AG
drcrinum said:

(Click on page -- actually 4 pages of documents included)

Current Uranium One case against Mark Lambert of Transport Logistics International: Order dated 1/24/2018 to protect confidentiality of all the evidence in the case as there are ongoing criminal investigations, part of a larger/broader investigation into international corruption and money laundering -- 1.9 million documents!

So clearly there is an active investigation going on regarding Uranium One.

I sometimes post my favorite line from Gone With The Wind on this board and it seems appropriate to do so here...

"There is money to be made in the building of an empire, but even more to be made in its destruction". -- Rhett Butler
drcrinum
Reference back to page 100 of this thread: the letters of inquiry sent by Grassley; several include a long list of names regarding requests for copies of communications:
https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/2018-01-25%20CEG%20LG%20to%20DWS%20(Steele%20Dossier).pdf

This is a long list of people/entities on whom Grassley is seeking info. I know perhaps 50% of the names; the others I have no clue. Now an interesting tidbit: the name of a former staffer of Feinstein is on that list, and people are speculating. The latter, Daniel J. Jones, was former FBI and then played a major role in Feinstien's Committee on Intelligence in the investigation of the CIA detention/interrogation program, concluded in December 2014. Why would he be named/included in Grassley's letters? He currently operates a 'research & investigative advisory' called The Penn Quarter Group. There's a lot we don't know.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_J._Jones
http://thepqg.com/team/leadership/
aggiehawg
AG
Have to say I wasn't overly impressed with Grassley until a few months ago. But I'll tell you what, seems ol' Grassley has been quietly taking notes and names in the DC swamp for a long time. He knows a lot more of what was going on and who the players were behind the scenes than anyone suspected.

His time has come to shine the light on the cockroaches and get everyone scrambling to lawyer up. Problem there is that many of the DC law firms are implicated too. Ooops!

You think Grassley told Trump, "Relax, I've got this. Been waiting a long time to expose them"???
RoscoePColtrane
Something I was unaware of, Mueller had to get a waiver to be SC

Code 7 10-42
reb,
AG
Gowdy nugget from a clip on Fox.

Apparently Christopher Steele had a relationship with the DNC...AND hildawg?

He said if you were interested in that you want the memo to come out. I thought his only point of contact was fusiongps

And apparently the FBI is getting a look at it before the public, per White House wishes.
reb,
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

From what the good representative from Georgia posted....

I'm confused. I don't see how either of the pics relate to each other or to the tweeted message.

Please hawgsplain it for me
RoscoePColtrane
reb, said:

RoscoePColtrane said:

From what the good representative from Georgia posted....

I'm confused. I don't see how either of the pics relate to each other or to the tweeted message.

Please hawgsplain it for me
From what I can find so far some are saying the waiver is believed to relate to Mueller's work in recent years as a partner at the WilmerHale law firm, which also represented Paul Manafort and Jared Kushner.

However, the document posted above, signed by DOJ's top career official, Associate Deputy Attorney General Scott Schools, provides no detail, zero, zilch, nada at all of the grounds for the waiver. In fact, it's so vague that it doesn't even convey why anyone would think Mueller needed such a release. It's very very shady, but then may I'm just suspicious.

Here's the real strange thing about this. If you search out waivers in the past DOJ appears to have been more forthcoming with explanations of waivers granted to other officials. In May, Justice released a batch of ethics waivers granted to Noel Francisco in travel ban litigation despite his former law firm Jones Day's entry into that legal fight. The memos were released in response to a lawsuit filed by the liberal watchdog group American Oversight.

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/3760563/Noel-Francisco-Waiver-Emails.pdf

Or in the case of another watchdog group FOIA request in a 2005 case where ethics waivers were needed.

http://www.governmentattic.org/4docs/DOJ-CivilDiv-EthicsWaivers_2005-2009.pdf

Officially the answer to the non-disclosure of the reasons behind the weather is the typical government speak BS.
Quote:

"The memo is protected by the deliberative process privilege (Exemption 5 of the Freedom of Information Act). This is in contrast to the communications related to the Francisco waiver, in which the deliberative discussions were expressly adopted by the decision maker,"
Now here's what doesn't hold water when it comes to the speculation on Mueller's partnership with WilmerHale. At the time the waiver was signed, the DOJ had not "publicly" confirmed any investigative interest in Manafort or Kushner. Manafort was indicted in October on charges, including money laundering and failing to register as a foreign agent for Ukraine. Kushner was reportedly questioned by Mueller's team last month but has not been charged. And WilmerHale officials have said that when Mueller worked at the firm he had no role in representing Manafort or Kushner. Okay so why did he need a damn waiver then.

WELLLLLLLLL maybe the dimwits at CNN reported on what may be the reason and didn't even realize it.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/14/politics/mueller-flynn-legal-work-ironbridge/index.html

For those that don't want to give CNN the clicks here's a summary. CNN reported in September that while at WilmerHale, Mueller worked very briefly for a company involved in a nuclear energy project championed by Michael Flynn, the retired Defense Intelligence Agency chief who would go on to serve for less than a month as Trump's national security adviser. It's unclear whether the one-sentence waiver finding from Schools covers what was reported to be less than half an hour's work Mueller billed to the firm, IronBridge.

Don't know what to think. George Webb and Thomas Paine have both stated in their podcasts that Mueller is dirty in Uranium One more than is being told. Right now it's been a focus that Mueller was the FBI Chief and that it all went down under his watch, that they were actively investigating the contractor of U1 and failed to let anyone know while they were making the deal. But There may be way more to it than just that. Mueller has some financial skeletons that may come back to haunt him if they can ever be ferreted out.

All very speculative I know much with all the craziness going on everything is suspicious to me.

Code 7 10-42
drcrinum
reb, said:

Gowdy nugget from a clip on Fox.

Apparently Christopher Steele had a relationship with the DNC...AND hildawg?

He said if you were interested in that you want the memo to come out. I thought his only point of contact was fusiongps

And apparently the FBI is getting a look at it before the public, per White House wishes.
http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/28/trey-gowdy-gives-clues-to-whats-in-fisa-abuse-memo-video/

Quote:

In an interview on "Fox News Sunday," Gowdy posed several questions to host Chris Wallace and his viewers that hinted at the allegations in the memo, which could be released by the House Intelligence Committee as early as this week.

"If you think your viewers want to know whether or not the dossier was used in court proceedings, whether or not it was vetted before it was used, whether or not it's ever been vetted if you are interested in who paid for the dossier, if you are interested in Christopher Steele's relationship with Hillary Clinton and the Democratic National Committee, then, yes, you will want the memo to come out," Gowdy told Wallace.

There is also another goody:

Quote:

"Do you want to know that the Democratic National Committee paid for material that was never vetted, that was included in a court proceeding?" he asked rhetorically.

"Do you want to know whether or not the primary source in these court proceedings had a bias against one candidate? Do you want to know whether or not he said he'd do anything to keep that candidate from becoming president?"

"Primary source in these court proceedings"??? Probably Strzok...but could it be someone else?
First Page Last Page
Page 102 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.