Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,447,750 Views | 49262 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by nortex97
HeardAboutPerio
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
IDAGG said:

Tailgate88 said:

I cannot imagine a scenario where Comey is a white hat...
I can't figure Comey out either. And this quote from stetson:

Quote:

Remind me again why Comey reopened the Hillary investigation, er, matter?
I don't know if Comey was "trying" to play it neutral and just failing miserably, or if he is just delusional or what.
Remember, Hillary and the Dems basically blamed her loss on Comey reopening the email investigation a week or two before the election.

Which brings up stetson's quote above. Did Comey feel guilty that he let his team (strzok) re-word the memo to let Hillary off the hook? Was this his version of a "do-over" to get it right? Was he playing it straight and thought he missed something and the new emails would have some dirt? In this bizarro time we live in he has gone from the Dems wanting him dead to the Dems thinking he is a knight in shining armor in the space of six months. I have no idea what is going on in Comey's head.

Comey's behavior does not fit neatly into a box for either side in the Hilary or trump camps. It's just plain bizarre. It's contadictory and disjointed at numerous points across the spectrum of the Hilary investigation. This made it seem as if he was proTrump supporter in the midst of the election. However, post election behavior indicates otherwise.

Perhaps, he was trying to appear unbiased in the Hilary investigation (in face of the lynch tarmac meeting with bill). Then the revelations of FBI investigating Trump, based off a dossier he informed trump was unverified, prior to the election and afterwards put him on the hot seat and brought out his true colors. In other words he's trying to cover his ass in all the twists and turns of the wrongdoings and winds up looking BSC.
Bird Poo
AG
IDAGG, I think you're onto something. Comey's ego is massive, and his character was seriously challenged by millions of people when he let her off. Could he have turned, and is now playing the part of a SWAMP team player? Interesting theory, considering all the secret society "insider" rumors out there.
VaultingChemist
AG
From True Pundit

Quote:

Members of the FBI and Justice Department's top brass at their Washington D.C.headquarters and other field offices are now using burner phones to stay under the radar of federal investigators and lawmakers, according to FBI insiders.

Intel points to top FBI and DOJ officials communicating via:
  • Burner or disposable smart phones purchased with cash and charged with cash or money order
  • Encrypted phone and web apps, including SIGNAL employed for anonymous texting
  • Phones issued in the name of a spouse or family member, conceivably out of reach of federal subpoenas
Use of such telecom devices as part of official government business violates a host of federal laws, insiders said.

The FBI source's comments reflect the fact that the Inspector General has had court-approved wiretaps running on key members in the FBI and DOJ linked to an assortment of public scandals.

One of the main reasons why the Inspector General's report of its investigation of the FBI has been delayed is because investigators keep getting wiretap intelligence on the key players, the FBI official said.
"It is OK to publicize this now, because they have dug themselves a very big hole," the FBI source said. "They have switched to burners."
Prosperdick
AG
VaultingChemist said:

From True Pundit

Quote:

Members of the FBI and Justice Department's top brass at their Washington D.C.headquarters and other field offices are now using burner phones to stay under the radar of federal investigators and lawmakers, according to FBI insiders.

Intel points to top FBI and DOJ officials communicating via:
  • Burner or disposable smart phones purchased with cash and charged with cash or money order
  • Encrypted phone and web apps, including SIGNAL employed for anonymous texting
  • Phones issued in the name of a spouse or family member, conceivably out of reach of federal subpoenas
Use of such telecom devices as part of official government business violates a host of federal laws, insiders said.

The FBI source's comments reflect the fact that the Inspector General has had court-approved wiretaps running on key members in the FBI and DOJ linked to an assortment of public scandals.

One of the main reasons why the Inspector General's report of its investigation of the FBI has been delayed is because investigators keep getting wiretap intelligence on the key players, the FBI official said.
"It is OK to publicize this now, because they have dug themselves a very big hole," the FBI source said. "They have switched to burners."

If true this is very big as it means there was enough evidence to justify the wire taps and surveillance...oh and we're not talking pee pee dossier to clear the low FISA bar (which still shouldn't have occurred). This would be legit old fashioned warrants.
Javelina
AG
People better hang.
aggiehawg
AG
Comey reopened the Clinton investigation because the feds and the state cops in NYC were jumping up and down about Anthony Weiner's lap top having State Department emails on it. In short, containment was lost.

The fact that the DC based agents conducting the email investigation were unaware of Huma's habits of forwarding emails to her husband's computer shows how superficial the original investigation of Hillary's closest aide truly was.

A "Headquarter's Special" indeed.

My .02.
McInnis
AG
Quote:

I don't know if Comey was "trying" to play it neutral and just failing miserably, or if he is just delusional or what.
I've thought that as well, or maybe it was that and a combination of being worried that there would be a smoking gun discovered on the Weiner's laptop. If there was, he knew he would get questions he couldn't answer.
benchmark
AG
HeardAboutPerio said:

Comey's behavior does not fit neatly into a box for either side in the Hilary or trump camps. It's just plain bizarre. It's contadictory and disjointed at numerous points across the spectrum of the Hilary investigation.
Comey's behavior makes perfect sense for a CYA bureaucrat hedging his bets, taking copious notes, engineering self-serving leaks, etc.
akm91
AG
Agreed!
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
aggiehawg
AG
benchmark said:

HeardAboutPerio said:

Comey's behavior does not fit neatly into a box for either side in the Hilary or trump camps. It's just plain bizarre. It's contadictory and disjointed at numerous points across the spectrum of the Hilary investigation.
Comey's behavior makes perfect sense for a CYA bureaucrat hedging his bets, taking copious notes, engineering self-serving leaks, etc.
Maybe.

I would say his attitude towards Trump was contentious from the get-go, however. The "blending in with the curtains" type of statement, i.e. he didn't want to even be in the same room with the President-elect. Yet, what did Comey do? He dropped the Steele dossier on Trump and then worried that Trump might think he was "holding it over his head." (Comey's words.) And then what did Comey say he did??

He started chronicling every interaction he had with Trump. Why? An insurance file so Trump couldn't fire him like J. Edgar Hoover? Or as part of the continuing counter intelligence operation??

Few people have ever focused on how unseemly it was for the Director of the FBI being in direct contact with the subject of an investigation without the benefit of having counsel present. Unbeknownst to Trump, Comey was having his own tango on the tarmac. And that's why Comey had to stress that Trump himself was not under investigation. That was a lie of course but a necessary one if Comey was trying to set a trap for Trump and wanted continued access.

Now, chances are any evidence Comey gleaned in this manner likely would be inadmissible in any criminal court but it sure as hell would be used in impeachment proceedings.
GCP12
AG
akm91
AG
It's reckless to call out the corruption of DOJ leadership?
IDAGG
AG
aggiehawg said:

Comey reopened the Clinton investigation because the feds and the state cops in NYC were jumping up and down about Anthony Weiner's lap top having State Department emails on it. In short, containment was lost.

The fact that the DC based agents conducting the email investigation were unaware of Huma's habits of forwarding emails to her husband's computer shows how superficial the original investigation of Hillary's closest aide truly was.

A "Headquarter's Special" indeed.

My .02.
That actually makes a lot of sense and probably explains his actions.
GCP12
AG
akm91 said:

It's reckless to call out the corruption of DOJ leadership?
Oh, after naming the names, that article is complete ****
benchmark
AG
aggiehawg said:

I would say his attitude towards Trump was contentious from the get-go, however ..... He started chronicling every interaction he had with Trump. ...
Oh, absolutely ... Comey not a Trump fan. But as a CYA bureaucrat, self-preservation was always his primary motivation and probably why we'll always see his 'shadow' but never his 'fingerprints.' Winks and nods being his conspiratorial involvement rather than texts, secret meetings, etc ... he's too smart to leave a trail IMO.
backintexas2013
AG
Interesting article. Tries to make the FBI look like they are taking a beating for no reason.
Javelina
AG
Yes, apparently the FBI and by extension the DOJ are now above reproach.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

The recent Republican attacks on the bureau are taking a toll on current agents and analysts, two former senior FBI officials told The Daily Beast.

Ron Hosko, who formerly headed the FBI's criminal investigative division, said morale in the bureau is "sagging." Some officials could barely leave their houses to string up Christmas lights without being accosted by their neighbors about the bureau's apparent troubles, he said.
What?? That seems so gratuitous to throw into that article or it would be if the goal was to report news. It isn't. That's the Dems' new meme. "The FBI is under attack!"

Was the Daily Beast pushing articles like this when Hillary Clinton was trashing Comey and the FBI on her book tour??

But the Dems are missing the larger and more historical picture here. Public servants are just that, in the service of the public. That's us common folks outside of the Beltway and Manhattan. If our public servants are abusing our trust and need to be reined in who else is going to do it besides Congress in their oversight capacity? The House represents us. It is the Constitutional way that citizens' voices are heard as the most important part of checks and balances.

Seems to me that the narrative being developed over #ReleasetheMemo is that Nunes and the Republicans are indulging in...dare I say...a "witch hunt"????

If there are truly national security concerns here, why isn't Wray sitting outside Nunes' office on Capitol Hill? I think there is a bigger concern that its release might harm criminal cases being prepared and would alert the targets of those charges. That's a valid concern. And not this "The FBI is under attack!" nonsense.
Just an Ag
AG
friscodick said:

If true this is very big as it means there was enough evidence to justify the wire taps and surveillance...oh and we're not talking pee pee dossier to clear the low FISA bar (which still shouldn't have occurred). This would be legit old fashioned warrants.

akm91
AG
Quote:

If there are truly national security concerns here, why isn't Wray sitting outside Nunes' office on Capitol Hill? I think there is a bigger concern that its release might harm criminal cases being prepared and would alert the targets of those charges. That's a valid concern. And not this "The FBI is under attack!" nonsense.
That could be true, but then I expect Sessions, Trump and Nunes would've had a pow-wow to discuss the ramifications and coordinate a strategy to go forward.

aggiehawg
AG
benchmark said:

aggiehawg said:

I would say his attitude towards Trump was contentious from the get-go, however ..... He started chronicling every interaction he had with Trump. ...
Oh, absolutely ... Comey not a Trump fan. But as a CYA bureaucrat, self-preservation was always his primary motivation and probably why we'll always see his 'shadow' but never his 'fingerprints.' Winks and nods being his conspiratorial involvement rather than texts, secret meetings, etc ... he's too smart to leave a trail IMO.
No, he's not. That probably was the biggest revelation about Comey over the last year and half. He's really not that smart. He just made an assumption that Hillary would win and his actions would never be revealed.

Think about it. Comey has known since January 12, 2017 that he was the subject of the IG's investigation. An investigation from which criminal sanctions could ultimately result. And what does he do? Steals government records with classified information, releases them to the press and openly admits to doing it.

That's not smart.
aggiehawg
AG
akm91 said:

Quote:

That could be true, but then I expect Sessions, Trump and Nunes would've had a pow-wow to discuss the ramifications and coordinate a strategy to go forward.

Leave Trump as far away as possible. This isn't political but Trump's direct involvement will be seen that way.

akm91
AG
aggiehawg said:

akm91 said:

Quote:

Leave Trump as far away as possible. This isn't political but Trump's direct involvement will be seen that way.

Doesn't Trump have to declassify the memo and (supporting documents) for it to be released? Or is there another process to do so? I can't remember.
whatthehey78
AG
Have to say it...Ms. Hawgs' "depth and breadth" of the circumstances/ramifications of events surpasses most (if not all) posters on this board. Her input/insight is above reproach. THANKS!
Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and myself founded empires; but upon what foundation did we rest the creations of our genius? Upon force! But Jesus Christ founded His upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him. - Napoleon Bonaparte
Tailgate88
AG
akm91 said:

aggiehawg said:

akm91 said:

Quote:

Doesn't Trump have to declassify the memo and (supporting documents) for it to be released? Or is there another process to do so? I can't remember.
The House votes on it, then POTUS has five days to file an objection (or he could immediately announce he does not object, which he will) and the House votes one more time and it's public.

Per Bill Flores on WTAW yesterday morning, they hope to do that before the State of the Union, preferably by the end of next week.

...which is why rats are abandoning ship and everyone is lawyering up in the Swamp.
aggiehawg
AG
akm91 said:

aggiehawg said:

akm91 said:

Quote:

There is another potential process under some obscure rule. Plus there is always the immunity granted to a member of the Senate or House saying something on the floor to get it into the Congressional Record.

The latter action was taken during the Pentagon Papers imbroglio in the 1970s.

But what I was talking about was Trump being in on discussions with Nunes and Sessions. Signing off on the release as a ministerial act is different. That's why the #ReleasetheMemo thing was important. Gives Trump political cover.
akm91
AG
GCP12, drcrinum, Roscoe, aggiehawg and several others are the reason why I"m on this thread at least every 15 minutes it seems. The information and discussion has truly been enlightening!
akm91
AG
I was thinking more along the lines of timing and declassification and not the decision to release the memo and documents.
drcrinum

whatthehey78
AG
akm91 said:

GCP12, drcrinum, Roscoe, aggiehawg and several others are the reason why I"m on this thread at least every 15 minutes it seems. The information and discussion has truly been enlightening!
^True and very much appreciated.
Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and myself founded empires; but upon what foundation did we rest the creations of our genius? Upon force! But Jesus Christ founded His upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him. - Napoleon Bonaparte
TexAgsAnon
aggiehawg said:

benchmark said:

aggiehawg said:

No, he's not. That probably was the biggest revelation about Comey over the last year and half. He's really not that smart. He just made an assumption that Hillary would win and his actions would never be revealed.

Think about it. Comey has known since January 12, 2017 that he was the subject of the IG's investigation. An investigation from which criminal sanctions could ultimately result. And what does he do? Steals government records with classified information, releases them to the press and openly admits to doing it.

That's not smart.
If we're operating under the "flipped mueller" assumption (working for trump), very likely both mueller and comey got promised a pardon upfront.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

If we're operating under the "flipped mueller" assumption (working for trump), very likely both mueller and comey got promised a pardon upfront.
I'm not on that train, at present. Update your spreadsheet.
TexAgs91
AG
HeardAboutPerio said:

IDAGG said:

Tailgate88 said:

I cannot imagine a scenario where Comey is a white hat...
I can't figure Comey out either. And this quote from stetson:

Quote:

Remind me again why Comey reopened the Hillary investigation, er, matter?
Remember, Hillary and the Dems basically blamed her loss on Comey reopening the email investigation a week or two before the election.

Which brings up stetson's quote above. Did Comey feel guilty that he let his team (strzok) re-word the memo to let Hillary off the hook? Was this his version of a "do-over" to get it right? Was he playing it straight and thought he missed something and the new emails would have some dirt? In this bizarro time we live in he has gone from the Dems wanting him dead to the Dems thinking he is a knight in shining armor in the space of six months. I have no idea what is going on in Comey's head.

Comey's behavior does not fit neatly into a box for either side in the Hilary or trump camps. It's just plain bizarre. It's contadictory and disjointed at numerous points across the spectrum of the Hilary investigation. This made it seem as if he was proTrump supporter in the midst of the election. However, post election behavior indicates otherwise.

Perhaps, he was trying to appear unbiased in the Hilary investigation (in face of the lynch tarmac meeting with bill). Then the revelations of FBI investigating Trump, based off a dossier he informed trump was unverified, prior to the election and afterwards put him on the hot seat and brought out his true colors. In other words he's trying to cover his ass in all the twists and turns of the wrongdoings and winds up looking BSC.
I forget who, but someone said something like "Comey is very political. I just can't figure out for which side."
Fight! Fight! Fight!
TexAgsAnon
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

didn't say you were, but it explains away some of comey's apparent stupidity.
aggiehawg
AG
TexAgsAnon said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

didn't say you were, but it explains away some of comey's apparent stupidity.
Fair point. Leaving aside the Presidential pardon speculation for a moment the more reasonable scenario is immunity.

When Comey just blithely admitted to stealing government documents, documents he stated he "carefully" drafted regarding classified/unclassified material, passed them on to a person with no security clearance with instructions to leak the substance of them to the NYT (once my jaw came back up off of the floor) I speculated that those meetings between Comey and Mueller preceeding Comey's testimony had resulted in Mueller's giving his BFF immunity.

What's more likely? Trump passing out pardons to his enemies like Skittles? Or Mueller protecting his bestie from his own stupid actions??
First Page Last Page
Page 87 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.