Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,495,413 Views | 49269 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by aggiehawg
backintexas2013
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Here is my guess over the next few things that will happen. Some has already started.

1.) Fusion will be seen as falling into a trap of disinformation (this has already started).

2.) FBI didn't do anything wrong. It took information from a trusted source Steele was the one that screwed up.

3.) Dossier has never been completely proven untrue so don't judge. Even though Steele has backed away from it being true.

4.) The fighting to keep all this secret by the Dems is because they are worried about the DOJ reputation being tarnished.

5.) Trump is mentally unstable (already started) and he is going after political enemies.

6.) Russia Russia Russia.
GCP12
AG
That seems extremely likely.
Tailgate88
AG
backintexas2013 said:

Here is my guess over the next few things that will happen. Some has already started.

1.) Fusion will be seen as falling into a trap of disinformation (this has already started).

2.) FBI didn't do anything wrong. It took information from a trusted source Steele was the one that screwed up.

3.) Dossier has never been completely proven untrue so don't judge. Even though Steele has backed away from it being true.

4.) The fighting to keep all this secret by the Dems is because they are worried about the DOJ reputation being tarnished.

5.) Trump is mentally unstable (already started) and he is going after political enemies.

6.) Russia Russia Russia.

Quote:

Jan 14 2018 14:18:16Q!UW.yye1fxo23
BEWARE of MAJOR FALSE FLAG attempts this week.
KNOW your surroundings.
CHANGE OF NEWS CYCLE WILL BE NEEDED.
ABILITY to ATTACK LIMITED>[ISIS on LIFE SUPPORT]
Tactics shift to threats and hostages to obtain rogue_ops.
SILENCE [187] - no risk [no capture - dead on arrival].
SILENCE [LV]?
SILENCE [LV witnesses]?
SILENCE [LV-FBI]?
SILENCE WILL NOT LAST FOREVER.
TRUST.
Q
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Steele was no longer a member of British Intelligence when he was working on the Trump dossier. First question any counter intelligence agent asks is how did he get this information, second is who hired him to investigate further.

Did Steele lie about who he was working for? Is that what set Grassley off?
SpreadsheetAg
AG
RoscoePColtrane

Never take a hostage you aren't willing to shoot,
Remember, America doesn’t negotiate with terrorists.
Code 7 10-42
drcrinum

Just coming to post this. The Dems will fight hard to block it. I expect we will receive a watered-down version.
backintexas2013
AG
drcrinum said:

Just coming to post this. The Dems will fight hard to block it. I expect we will receive a watered-down version.

I agree they will fight it all they can. They don't want it to come out.
FbgTxAg
AG
Why not just come down with a head cold and post the whole thing online?
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
aginlakeway
AG
jjeffers1 said:

Why not just come down with a head cold and post the whole thing online?
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
cbr
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

simple, just put it on an unsecured public server in your bathroom where we can all read it. Obviously there is nothing wrong with that.
drcrinum
Rep Gaetz is on Fox Business as I write this. He wants to go to the Floor of the House and call for an immediate vote to release key parts of the memo to the American public. He can't discuss the contents but says the findings threaten the basic core of our democracy. Must be really explosive findings. He was really excited as he spoke.
cbr
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

PS, there arent any 'questions' about this. We all know the answers. It is time to put the proof in indictments.
Bobcat06
AG
cbr said:

PS, there arent any 'questions' about this. We all know the answers. It is time to put the proof in indictments.
I have a question: Is there even more that we don't know about?
oysterbayAG
AG
Somebody, please leak the whole thing as soon as possible !
GCP12
AG
Bobcat06 said:

cbr said:

"We" as in people who have followed this thread? I doubt that.
backintexas2013
AG
I think we are going to find out that the dossier was pitched to the court as intel agency findings and not opposition research.
aggiehawg
AG
GCP12 said:

Bobcat06 said:

cbr said:

"We" as in people who have followed this thread? I doubt that.
Well, there is strongly suspecting and then "knowing."

Have to confess that I am skeptical of allegations that an outside contractor like Fusion, with no security clearances would be able to "query" the NSA data base on their own. I could see Steele feeding names to McCabe and then McCabe having Strzok or Priestap request the "about" queries. Or another alternative would be for Steele to use old contacts and have GCHQ (British Intelligence) submit the request directly to NSA through their own processes.

The problem here though is that Steele's dossier is so vague, inaccurate and primarily public sourced, that I have a hard time believing it was even close to a professional intelligence product. Indeed, Steel himself said it was "raw unverified" information. If it is unverified, then I would doubt NSA queries were used much, if at all.

I mean, if that happened, we are skirting Espionage Act areas and those involved would be cooling their jets in some secure undisclosed location somewhere, under armed guard and in shackles.
GCP12
AG
drcrinum said:

Rep Gaetz is on Fox Business as I write this. He wants to go to the Floor of the House and call for an immediate vote to release key parts of the memo to the American public. He can't discuss the contents but says the findings threaten the basic core of our democracy. Must be really explosive findings. He was really excited as he spoke.
Just saw the segment.

GCP12
AG
backintexas2013 said:

I think we are going to find out that the dossier was pitched to the court as intel agency findings and not opposition research.
I'm not sure what would be worse. That, or the court approving it knowing it was opposition research.
Just an Ag
AG
Just an Ag said:

Keep in mind that it's been shown that FGPS collected $12.4 million for the dossier. $12.4 million!!! You can bet there have payouts from that amount to DNC mouthpieces and so-called "sources", and who knows who else. FGPS is a corrupt money laundering apparatus for the DNC. Is FGPS breaking laws in doing this? I wonder to what degree the DNC actions are a violation of campaign and election laws? If journalists are accepting payments, I wonder to what degree these journalist are breaking laws? Are they (journalist) breaking laws or just ethical rules?

<ahem> These are not rhetorical questions. Does anyone care to weigh in?
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
This should be the Simpson/Fusion GPS transcript from the House Intelligence Committee interview (the one released because of a cold last week was the Senate's)

http://docs.house.gov/meetings/IG/IG00/20180118/106796/HMTG-115-IG00-Transcript-20180118.pdf

GCP12
AG
Beat me to it
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
Can't get the link to work, I assume it's because of increased traffic to the .gov site. Hopefully it's the right link though
stetson
AG
Can you even imagine the political capital that republicans have amassed in just the last few weeks??
GCP12
AG
The PDF is loading VERY slowly for me. I'm not going to read it myself, tbh. drcrinium is a much bigger reader than me, but I'll be on the lookout for tweets with excerpts.
ballchain
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
Try this:

http://archive.is/GT2BA
ballchain
Rockdoc
AG
Folks they did anything they wanted. The rule of law never came into play because they were sure there wasn't going to be any accountability.
aggiehawg
AG
Just an Ag said:

Just an Ag said:

Keep in mind that it's been shown that FGPS collected $12.4 million for the dossier. $12.4 million!!! You can bet there have payouts from that amount to DNC mouthpieces and so-called "sources", and who knows who else. FGPS is a corrupt money laundering apparatus for the DNC. Is FGPS breaking laws in doing this? I wonder to what degree the DNC actions are a violation of campaign and election laws? If journalists are accepting payments, I wonder to what degree these journalist are breaking laws? Are they (journalist) breaking laws or just ethical rules?

<ahem> These are not rhetorical questions. Does anyone care to weigh in?

Let me just say this: Marc Elias is the Perkins, Coie partner that was lead counsel for the DNC and the Hillary campaign (among many other Dem clients). He's the election law "expert" advising them on money structures, i.e. what's legal and not legal. Elias also has been known to push the envelope and get into extremely grey areas under the applicable laws. He's abrasive and an in-your-face type from what I have read.

Donna Brazile came this-close to saying the financing that was going on between the DNC and the Hillary campaign was illegal as hell when she stepped in to take over the DNC chair from DWS. Let's face it, DWS is as dumb as a box of rocks and would do anything Hillary or Elias told her to do.

As far the journalists go, there is misprision of a felony, itself a felony and perhaps some state laws that may apply. And the words "journalism" and "ethics" no longer appear in the same sentence.

GCP12
AG
Anyone listening to Hannity to confirm this?

GCP12
AG
drcrinum
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/byron-york-house-committee-takes-step-toward-making-trump-dossier-findings-public/article/2646313

Quote:

Byron York: House committee takes step toward making Trump dossier findings public

At the committee's meeting Thursday morning, Rep. Peter King, R-N.Y., offered a motion to allow all House members to review a brief report prepared by the Republican majority summarizing the panel's investigation into what GOP members call "FISA abuse."...

There will be no copies of the report handed out to House members. Instead, a copy will be made available for them to read in a secure room in the Capitol. They won't be able to take the report out of the room. But they will know the answers to the questions.

Which raises another question: When will the public know? Obviously, the more House members know about the dossier investigation, the more likely its classified results are to leak. That might happen at any time.

But Republicans can pursue another strategy, as well. The House itself can declassify documents under certain conditions. If enough members support declassifying the House Intel report, then the House as a body could move to declassify the information in it. And then the public would know.

It's unclear whether that will happen. Much depends on lawmakers' reaction to the report. But after months of delays and frustration, things appear to be moving quickly on the dossier front. They'll likely move faster in coming days, after more lawmakers have taken a look at the new report.

GCP12
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 55 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.