Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,446,857 Views | 49262 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by nortex97
whatthehey78
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CrazyDayDuck said:

akm91 said:

If Mueller is as thorough and detail oriented as everyone says he is, then the giant sting operation is a bit more plausible given.

That's the problem. We were told (by people in the D.C. Establishment) that Mueller was the epitome of a professional and that he was the right man to clear up this Russia collision nonsense.

However, since then we have found out that:
1) Mueller was close friends with Comey
2) Mueller stacked his team with Pro-Hillary political hacks
3) Mueller instructed the FBI to have a no- knock early morning raid on Paul Manafort's house for money laundering that happened while Obama was President
4) Mueller improperly went to the GSA to get emails from President Trump's transition team, when he could have easily got a warrant.

I.E., whether Mueller is consumed with loyalty to Comey or hatred for President Trump, he has shown to be a reckless unprofessional political hack for The Swamp with regards to this investigation.

...all part of the 'sting' plot...i.e., misdirection, sleight of hand, now you see it - now you don't, shake-n-bake Ricky Bobby. Mueller's coming at ya, like a spider monkey. It's definitely time for 'tough love'.
Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and myself founded empires; but upon what foundation did we rest the creations of our genius? Upon force! But Jesus Christ founded His upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him. - Napoleon Bonaparte
aggiehawg
AG
Mueller has never shown the Machiavellian tendencies that J. Edgar did.

For historical purposes, consider this: Hoover died in May 1972. The next month was the Watergate break-in. Mark Felt, a/k/a "Deep Throat" was in Hoover's inner circle, i.e. he knew where the bodies were buried in the Nixon Administration and who to keep surveillance on. Hoover had files on Nixon going back to his Whittaker Chambers/Alger Hiss days. He knew who were "Nixon Men" and those Nixon trusted.

Trump isn't exactly a tabula rasa in that category but Comey had to take a scattershot approach without the leg up, since Trump was a DC outsider. Mueller has been forced to do the same...with poor results thus far.
MelvinUdall
aggiehawg said:

Mueller has never shown the Machiavellian tendencies that J. Edgar did.

For historical purposes, consider this: Hoover died in May 1972. The next month was the Watergate break-in. Mark Felt, a/k/a "Deep Throat" was in Hoover's inner circle, i.e. he knew where the bodies were buried in the Nixon Administration and who to keep surveillance on. Hoover had files on Nixon going back to his Whittaker Chambers/Alger Hiss days. He knew who were "Nixon Men" and those Nixon trusted.

Trump isn't exactly a tabula rasa in that category but Comey had to take a scattershot approach without the leg up, since Trump was a DC outsider. Mueller has been forced to do the same...with poor results thus far.

That is not what I have been told on this site about the Mueller investigation, I have been told the Flynn was flipped and it has just now started heating up.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

That is not what I have been told on this site about the Mueller investigation, I have been told the Flynn was flipped and it has just now started heating up.
Not by me.

Flynn has cooperated until his anus was bleeding but he didn't have anything of value. If he had, Flynn would have been granted immunity...which he was begging for. Didn't happen.
MelvinUdall
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Not by me.

Flynn has cooperated until his anus was bleeding but he didn't have anything of value. If he had, Flynn would have been granted immunity...which he was begging for. Didn't happen.

Oh I know not by you, but by others that believe Trump colluded with Russia.
drcrinum

Must be an interesting chat.
backintexas2013
AG
So no leaks yet?
GCP12
AG
backintexas2013 said:

So no leaks yet?
Must be taking schiff a while to craft a positive leak with even an ounce of truth
whatthehey78
AG
GCP12 said:

backintexas2013 said:

So no leaks yet?
Must be taking schiff a while to craft a positive leak with even an ounce of truth
True, but there's always..."Russia, Russia, Rus"...oh wait, you required an ounce of truth. Explains the silence.
Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and myself founded empires; but upon what foundation did we rest the creations of our genius? Upon force! But Jesus Christ founded His upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him. - Napoleon Bonaparte
drcrinum

aggiehawg
AG
drcrinum said:

It is curious that there is a complete black-out on any news coming out of that session.
drcrinum

whatthehey78
AG
If you were listening (a few minutes ago) to Fox News clip of interview with Rep Gaetz (SP?), I think we may have just been given a "peep" into how yesterday's lengthy closed door session with Andrew McCabe went. Rep Gaetz's facial expression and energy spoke volumes, plus to paraphrase...he wants open door Congressional Hearings with all the suspect players conducted so "Americans can hear the truth". He also stated he wants AG Sessions to quit being a "spectator" and "do his job".

I have a good feeling about what transpired in yesterday's hearing.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Rapier108
SpreadsheetAg said:

Since its Warner, it will be a lot of words, and little substance.

But I predict he'll imply that Mueller has proof of collusion and Trump is going to prison.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
GCP12
AG
Reinforcing what kallstorm said
aggielostinETX
AG
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/12/20/mccabe-draws-blank-on-democrats-funding-trump-dossier-new-subpoenas-planned.html

Quote:

EXCLUSIVE: Congressional investigators tell Fox News that Tuesday's seven-hour interrogation of Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe contained numerous conflicts with the testimony of previous witnesses, prompting the Republican majority staff of the House Intelligence Committee to decide to issue fresh subpoenas next week on Justice Department and FBI personnel.
While HPSCI staff would not confirm who will be summoned for testimony, all indications point to demoted DOJ official Bruce G. Ohr and FBI General Counsel James A. Baker, who accompanied McCabe, along with other lawyers, to Tuesday's HPSCI session.
The issuance of a subpoena against the Justice Department's top lawyer could provoke a new constitutional clash between the two branches, even worse than the months-long tug of war over documents and witnesses that has already led House Speaker Paul Ryan to accuse DOJ and FBI of "stonewalling" and HPSCI Chairman Devin Nunes, R-Calif., to threaten contempt-of-Congress citations against Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and FBI Director Christopher Wray.

Dig the corruption out with a spoon.
Rapier108
Dang, beat to it by 1 second.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Javelina
AG
I hope they all hang.
GCP12
AG
Quote:

Investigators say McCabe recounted to the panel how hard the FBI had worked to verify the contents of the anti-Trump "dossier" and stood by its credibility. But when pressed to identify what in the salacious document the bureau had actually corroborated, the sources said, McCabe cited only the fact that Trump campaign adviser Carter Page had traveled to Moscow. Beyond that, investigators said, McCabe could not even say that the bureau had verified the dossier's allegations about the specific meetings Page supposedly held in Moscow.
But, it's been corroborated!!
aggiehawg
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

Hhmm. I wonder if McCabe was under oath yesterday? If it was as bad as that sounds, a referral to DOJ on perjury charges would be forthcoming. McCabe was Comey's point man on the Steele dossier but he suddenly can't remember any details of whether the FBI paid for it in part? Or who did pay for it? Since he was lead investigator for the FBI on the veracity of the dossier, wouldn't that be something material to the investigation??
GCP12
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

He's talking about "threats to fire Mueller"

What threats is he talking about? Would these be the completely made up ones from the media? Has ANYONE from the white house said anything close to this? This is a complete self-fulfilled prophecy. They're threatening impeachment based on completely made up threats. It's insanity
Rockdoc
AG
Warner is such a stooge liberal idiot. Talking about a red line he won't let trump cross (firing Mueller). What a waste of brain matter.
Just an Ag
AG

I found this worth the read. The first half of the article is rehashing old news, but the second half (reproduced below) is more interesting and editorial in nature.
Quote:

"The chairman of the Judiciary Committee is going to subpoena Lisa Page," Jordan said, The Hill reported. "He's going to subpoena Bruce Ohr and he's going to subpoena Peter Strzok and we're also going to get eventually to Andrew McCabe, as well. We need those people to come in, to be deposed and to put those people on the same stand that [Attorney General Jeff] Sessions and [Deputy Attorney General Rod] Rosenstein sat on in the past few weeks." (Washington times Story Continues)

[My hunch is if you put the Steele Dossier together with the ridiculous FBI/CIA Joint Analysis Report, you will find 90% of the underlying FISA application documentation.]

The entire crew who stand behind the 2016 operation, Obama Administration officials and current career people within the DOJ/FBI, etc., who played a role in the larger scheme, needed ongoing people to continue ensuring the story was maintained.

That need drove the narrative, that created the origin of Special Counsel investigation. In essence, Mueller's investigation was really just another way the players within the original scheme would keep a lid on the 2016 events.

The need to protect their interests is why many of the FBI/DOJ "small group", the crew who cleared Hillary in the email investigation, were also assigned to the Mueller investigation. Controls were needed. The assignments didn't come from Robert Mueller himself per se', but were recommendations from insiders who were looking to position and protect the larger interests of career officials and the prior administration.

Inside Mueller's crew, the current "small group" essentially works to watch over what information the Trump officials or congress could possibly be discovering. under the auspices of investigating 'Muh Russia' etc. If the "small group" comes across a risky trail being followed, they work to impede, block, delay or deflect anyone from that trail.That's the way things look from a researched perspective. However, there's one guy at the heart of this operation who can blow the lid off EVERYTHING.

His name is Bill Priestap. FBI Asst. Director in charge of Counterintelligence Bill Priestap was the immediate supervisor of FBI Counterintelligence Deputy Peter Strzok. When you understand how central Bill Priestap is to the entire 2016/2017 'Russian Conspiracy Operation', the absence of his name, amid all others, creates a curiosity. I wrote a twitter thread about him recently because it seems rather unfathomable his name has not been a part of any of the recent story-lines. His importance is outlined HERE.

Priestap's position in 2016 was Director of Counterintelligence for the FBI. It's jaw-dropping that amid all of the discussions, reports of subpoenas, demands for questioning and congressional inquiry, no-one is talking about Bill Priestap.

The absence of his name amid the myriad of conversations is like a deafening warning siren echoing in the background and no-one, repeat, NO-ONE, is asking about him.

Ask yourself: how it is possible the one person, who all other people would have encircled, the key and central player in the entire enterprise, could be so conspicuously absent from inquiry?

Just an Ag
AG
scottimus
AG
Blow it up!!
drcrinum

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/943350106153156610.html

Click on the threadreader. Interesting thread relating Google, CrowdStrike, Hillary & her lawyers. Some new stuff to me. Devious people indeed. Thread is unfinished...to be continued.
aggiehawg
AG
Hence my thread about Perkins, Coie earlier today.
drcrinum
aggiehawg said:

Sorry I wasn't alive most of today -- colonoscopy time. I see it now. Huge law frim, >1,000 lawyers. Why would it's leadership voluntarily want to be involved in shady/risky behavior? Arrogance because they assumed Hillary was going to win?
aggiehawg
AG
drcrinum said:

aggiehawg said:

Sorry I wasn't alive most of today -- colonoscopy time. I see it now. Huge law frim, >1,000 lawyers. Why would it's leadership voluntarily want to be involved in shady/risky behavior? Arrogance because they assumed Hillary was going to win?
Ouch! Hope you are feeling a bit better and there's nothing wrong.

Why do they do that? They got 26 million from the DNC and Hillary campaign in 2016, likely more. Remember the Grisham book The Rainmaker??

There are a lot of lawyers in mega firms who only do client development. They don't do courtrooms, they do lunch and cocktail parties to network. Getting the Clintons was like bagging the proverbial white elephant. From there they get a ton of high dollar and mostly crooked clients they can bill the crap out of because they are always in need of legal cover for one thing or another.

Just one step up from being a mob owned law firm.
drcrinum
aggiehawg said:

drcrinum said:

aggiehawg said:

Ouch! Hope you are feeling a bit better and there's nothing wrong.

Why do they do that? They got 26 million from the DNC and Hillary campaign in 2016, likely more. Remember the Grisham book The Rainmaker??

There are a lot of lawyers in mega firms who only do client development. They don't do courtrooms, they do lunch and cocktail parties to network. Getting the Clintons was like bagging the proverbial white elephant. From there they get a ton of high dollar and mostly crooked clients they can bill the crap out of because they are always in need of legal cover for one thing or another.

Just one step up from being a mob owned law firm.
Did you know there is a hashtag #perkinscoie on twitter?

It seems odd to me that Perkins Coie represents Fusion GPS as legal counsel, yet Perkins Coie also employs Fusion GPS as a 'contractor' through the auspices of the DNC/HRC. In other words, Perkins Coie directs the Fusions GPS contract yet acts as legal counsel for Fusion GPS. What I am getting around to is: I wonder if Perkins Coie was directly involved with Fusion GPS in the actual planning of the combined FBI/DOJ scheme to take down Trump via the dossier? I can't imagine Glenn Simpson meeting with say Bruce Ohr or Strzok or Steele with his legal counsel/contract director also present. I suspect Perkins Coie was a player.
GCP12
AG
Since this has become the main thread for all this, I'll post this here.

Quote:

Comey surely assumed that Brennan has put Reid up to writing the letterand even worse, he knew that his counterpart at Langley was talking about it with their boss. Last August, the White House began convening high-level meetings to discuss Russian interference in the 2016 elections. It began, according to a June 23, 2017, Washington Post article, when "an envelope with extraordinary handling restrictions arrived at the White House. Sent by courier from the CIA, it carried "eyes only" instructions that its contents be shown to just four people: President Barack Obama and three senior aides."

This is the Post article that Mary Jacoby was writing the day after it appeared. So was the Steele dossier in the envelope?

"Inside was an intelligence bombshell," write Greg Miller, Ellen Nakashima, and Adam Entous,

"a report drawn from sourcing deep inside the Russian government that detailed Russian President Vladimir Putin's direct involvement in a cyber campaign to disrupt and discredit the U.S. presidential race.

But it went further. The intelligence captured Putin's specific instructions on the operation's audacious objectivesdefeat or at least damage the Democratic nominee, Hillary Clinton, and help elect her opponent, Donald Trump."

It sure sounds like the dossierbut it may well be a different file, one Brennan couldn't share even with Reid, another member of the gang of eight, whom it seems he had already briefed on the dossier. Indeed the article explains that the "material was so sensitive that CIA Director John O. Brennan kept it out of the president's daily brief, concerned that even that restricted report's distribution was too broad."
Here is a thread with a theory about what this could mean:
drcrinum

Just read this & was coming to post it. So Simpson's wife made a claim that he was the primary force behind the origin of the dossier....based somewhat upon a previous composition combined with their firsthand knowledge of Manafort. Sounds reasonable. Note there was also a hint that perhaps Nellie Ohr played a significant role as well...made me think of the HAM radio, plus I have read rumors that Nellie may also have owned an iridium (satellite) phone. Methinks Nellie is going to face questioning as well.
CrazyDayDuck
whatthehey78 said:

He also stated he wants AG Sessions to quit being a "spectator" and "do his job".
Appointing Jeff Sessions to AG has been President Trump's biggest mistake.
First Page Last Page
Page 17 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.