Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,257,982 Views | 49218 Replies | Last: 17 days ago by Foreverconservative
drcrinum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
There was a FOIA dump today via BuzzFeed News. It includes a number of FD-302s + corresponding FBI agent handwritten notes. It is long (295 pages) & there is much to peruse, although some of the FD-302s are heavily redacted. Names include: Rosenstein, Bruce Ohr (multiple), Flynn, Hope Hicks, John Kelly, Michael Cohen, Richard Gates, etc.

https://buzzfeed.egnyte.com/dl/h7xo1fzzTM/

Just for starters, the very first FD-302 in the release is a Richard Gates interview from 04/18/2018. In the tweet below is a section from the handwritten agent notes about Flynn & Pence:

& the corresponding section from the FD-302:

Quote:

Gates did not talk about Russia with Flynn. Gates did not hear about Flynn's communications with Kislyak until after the fact.

Gates was surprised when Flynn was fired. He thought Flynn had a good relationship with Trump and that Trump had not wanted to fire Flynn but felt like he had no choice. The National Security Advisor cannot lie to the Vice President and not have anything happen to him because of it. Gates said that Pence went to Trump about firing Flynn and he thought it was one of the few times Pence pushed Trump hard like that.

For reference, this is a quote from Flynn's resignation statement:

Quote:

Unfortunately, because of the fast pace of events, I inadvertently briefed the Vice President Elect and others with incomplete information regarding my phone calls with the Russian Ambassador. I have sincerely apologized to the President and the Vice President, and they have accepted my apology.

Someday I would like to read an account from Flynn about what he actually said to Pence vs the actual phone calls. I suspect that the DOJ (Yates), the SpyGate Team + the MSM made a mountain out of a mole hill, & the resulting PR created a negative image that was embarrassing to Pence.

fullback44
AG
drcrinum said:

I can't read it as it is paywalled to me.

One of you attorneys please chime in here, but I thought if there was an "on going" investigation against someone or an "entity" that the OIG (IG) wasn't allowed to talk about it in their report? Would this explain why only "low lying fruit" may be discussed in the upcoming OIG report? Just a thought?
EKUAg
AG
Or the Post is dishing propaganda leaks from people who are running scared.
will25u
fullback44
AG
EKUAg said:

Or the Post is dishing propaganda leaks from people who are running scared.
This is probably more along the lines of what's going on
BeachRanger
Happy 2 year old birthday to the bestest thread ever on Texags.

Many thanks to Ben Fiasco for starting this collection of facts and diatribes but also to so many that give insight into this mess.

May the truth prevail.

Beach
Secolobo
AG
Can I go to sleep Looch?
Secolobo
AG
Retweeted by sydney

Can I go to sleep Looch?
Secolobo
AG
Sydney retweeted.

Can I go to sleep Looch?
fasthorse05
Just don't forget we have our final exam next week.

If you pass, you'll have your JD in Fiasco. I started studying Saturday night in the 2nd half of the LSU game, when I started looking for ways to perform a coup on the game

Good luck
drcrinum

https://www.amgreatness.com/2019/12/02/fusion-gps-chiefs-spin-hard-before-the-horowitz-report/

Quote:

...Here's one that -- as far as I know -- hasn't been disclosed until now: Before Fusion hired Christopher Steele in 2016 to produce his sketchy dossier on Donald Trump's presidential campaign, Steele hired Fusion to help him with a client at odds with a key figure in the Trump camp. The London-based operative, misleadingly portrayed in the press as a mere former British intelligence officer, needed help investigating the Trump advisor for his client.

The campaign advisor? Paul Manafort.

Steele's client? Vladimir Putin-tied oligarch Oleg Deripaska.

"Weeks before Trump tapped Manafort to run his campaign, Christopher Steele had hired Fusion for help investigating Manafort," Simpson and Fritsch write. "The matter had nothing to do with politics and was a typical commercial assignment." Fusion and Steele's firm "inked a small deal to research Manafort's finances for Steele's client."...
That means Glenn Simpson represented not one but two Russian tycoons in 2016: At the same time Fusion was helping Steele on behalf of Deripaska, Simpson also was representing Prevezon, another company owned by a Putin-tied Russian also under investigation by the Justice Department for money laundering. (Prevezon paid a fine of $5.8 million in 2017 to settle the case.)

But wait, there's more! Fusion's investigation into Manafort's finances on behalf of Steele's Russian client just happened to coincide with Fusion's dirt-digging into Team Trump, particularly Manafort, Trump's short-lived campaign manager.

Steele hired Fusion. Fusion hired Steele. They both represented Russian interests as they accused the Trump campaign of treasonous ties to the Kremlin. It was just happenstance, Simpson claimed. "As with the Deripaska case, the coincidence of two work streams coming together would fuel wild conspiracy theories and color congressional inquiries into the whole of the Trump investigation.".....

So the people really colluding with the Russians were Steele & Simpson, but it was just a 'coincidence', as there were many other 'coincidences' pointed out in the above article which discusses Simpson's new book, the latter likely a major work in fiction under the category of CYA.

drcrinum

Short video.
Solomon: "...8 to 12 problems are going to come to light next week..."
aggiehawg
AG
Bird Poo
AG
Nothing burger.

All the tick-tocks, Booms, blah blah blah have amounted to jack ****.
Hogties
AG
Nothing will happen to anyone and no significant admission of wrong doing will be presented to the public. If the truth was reported and documented, the public would demand the FBI and the CIA and the FISA court be dismantled. Can't have that.

The institution will protect itself above all else.
aggiehawg
AG
PearlJammin said:

Nothing burger.

All the tick-tocks, Booms, blah blah blah have amounted to jack ****.
I understand your skepticism. But the reason I posted that Herridge tweet was because it has long been speculated that the FBI applied for multiple Title I FISA warrants on Trump associates in the June-July 2016 time frame that were denied. Her report would appear to perhaps corroborate that or it could be completely unrelated.

We'll see.
fasthorse05
I saw the list of four attorneys Nadler posted. Other than Turley, I really don't know the others, but was sorely disappointed to learn the Dean of Harvard Law supported impeachment on the Ukraine incident. I really do try hard to keep my political feelings out of decisions, but when you hold a position like hers, I can't understand allowing personal animus to overrun solid legal thinking. She doesn't have to lay down legal Shakespeare to support her impeachment beliefs, but she should be semi-persuadable using common English language, and I'm fairly certain she won't.

For a Dem, Turley is severely understated, but you can understand how he arrives at his decision. I don't know who the other two are, except they sound like Tribe wannabes without the advanced years.

Edit: I honestly think extreme hatred is enough to keep certain people alive and functioning. The Dem party has enough right now to fuel an Antifa rally. This is all I can think of:https://babylonbee.com/news/progressives-give-thanks-that-they-have-so-much-to-complain-about-this-year
aggiehawg
AG
My understanding is that Turley is the choice of the Republican members.
Secolobo
AG
Can I go to sleep Looch?
Secolobo
AG

Can I go to sleep Looch?
drcrinum

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/steele-told-fusion-gps-the-fbi-was-investigating-george-papadopoulos

New info, if you can believe it, from Simpson's new book.
Secolobo
AG
Interesting theory.

Can I go to sleep Looch?
Secolobo
AG
Can I go to sleep Looch?
Secolobo
AG
Can I go to sleep Looch?
drcrinum
Yes, Horowitz's investigation was limited to the FBI/DOJ. Other important realms such as the CIA, NSA, DIA & State Department were off limits unless the were communications or paper trails; at least that was my understanding.
Secolobo
AG
Interesting if the whole damn lot, page, strzok, ohr, etc. was CIA or foreign also working for FBI. Might explain the "other" thread talking about Lisa Page and MI6.
Can I go to sleep Looch?
Secolobo
AG
Great thread with video clips.

Can I go to sleep Looch?
drcrinum

How was this possible without the knowledge/cooperation of the FBI/DOJ?
captkirk
AG
drcrinum said:

How was this possible without the knowledge/cooperation of the FBI/DOJ?
Wow.
GCP12
AG
I look forward to the MSM going ape **** over an attack on the freedom of the press
will25u

Plausible?

Secolobo
AG
Sheer desperation...
Can I go to sleep Looch?
Rapier108
Preet Bharara still runs the SDNY through his buddies there (including Comey's daughter) and has every intention of getting Trump.
aggiehawg
AG
If Parnas had a FISA warrant on him but he's only charged with campaign finance violations? Not espionage?
captkirk
AG
aggiehawg said:

If Parnas had a FISA warrant on him but he's only charged with campaign finance violations? Not espionage?
Its becoming clear they had FISA warrants on a lot of people they shouldn't have
First Page Last Page
Page 979 of 1407

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.