Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,261,192 Views | 49218 Replies | Last: 19 days ago by Foreverconservative
BeachRanger
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Again, asking for some quick insight: are these subpoenas now more than demand letters? Are they "valid" subpoenas??

Many thanks,

Beach

and for your troubles...

aggiehawg
AG
To which subpoenas are you referring?
Bunkhouse96
AG
Quote:

I really want to make clear and I want to categorically state that I have never, myself or through others, directly or indirectly, ever directed, suggested, or in any other way asked, for any government or government official in Ukraine or elsewhere to refrain from investigating or prosecuting actual corruption.

The bold is his hedge. He likely gave them a list of people he believed not to be corrupt and said don't investigate.
BeachRanger
aggiehawg said:

The ones being issued for this impeachment inquiry.

Previously I know they were being called subpoenas by the media when they were really demand letters.

Would a subpoena to appear before Schiff ,et al be a "real" subpoena or still a demand letter??

Thanks

and a link would be nice.

Beach

PS- for the illustrious aggiehawg:

ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Good lord. MF Barnes is back like a moth to a flame
FriscoKid
AG
what is this all about?

TxAgLaw03RW
AG
Just heard on FBN that Barr is at the WH meeting with Trump. No context or other info given, but maybe it's finally happening.
FriscoKid
AG
Wozlaw said:

Just heard on FBN that Barr is at the WH meeting with Trump. No context or other info given, but maybe it's finally happening.

It's not what the libs think it is, but it sounds interesting. Might be worth listening to the "gaggle" and what Trump says to them.
drcrinum
FriscoKid said:

what is this all about?

Not sure exactly. Pittella was leader of the PD political coalition & was a strong ally of Renzi, head of the Italian government, during the time frame of SpyGate. Whatever happened in Italy regarding SpyGate, Pittella would have known about it. Now regarding history, Papadopoulos' wife, Simona Mangiante, worked for several prominent EU officials, & Pittella introduced her to Mifsud in 2012 -- supposedly Pittella & Mifsud were best buddies at that time. Later when Simona lost her job (contract expired), Pittella suggested she go to work with Mifsud in London, & Mifsud hired her in 2016. Subsequently she met Papadopoulos via her work, they began dating & eventually married. Because of her work for Mifsud as well as her relationship with Papadopoulos, Simona was interviewed by Team Mueller, & of course, we know what happened to Papadopoulos. I think what that tweet is implying is a nefarious connection between Simona & Pittella regarding the whereabouts of Mifsud; i.e., Simona is some kind of an Italian honeypot assigned to a role with Papadopoulos. My guess.

reference article: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jan/18/simona-mangiante-trump-russia-joseph-mifsud-george-papadopoulos
drcrinum

Schiff's impeachment inquiry went over so poorly yesterday that the MSM had to rush out and bring in Weissmann to save the narrative; i.e., listen to Weissmann in this short video: "Go back to interference in our Election, not Ukraine's."
drcrinum
Wozlaw said:

FriscoKid
AG
Reported that he left without taking any questions from reporters. They were mad because they had to wait for so long in the cold.
Bird Poo
AG
FriscoKid said:

Reported that he left without taking any questions from reporters. They were mad because they had to wait for so long in the cold.
leftcoastaggie
AG
Wozlaw said:

My guess is that the DOJ is dropping their prosecution of McCabe.
aggiehawg
AG
Wonder if Pat's gonna take a long ride on Air Force One down to Bossier City and back tonight?
Wildcat
AG
Quote:

Schiff's impeachment inquiry went over so poorly yesterday that the MSM had to rush out and bring in Weissmann to save the narrative; i.e., listen to Weissmann in this short video: "Go back to interference in our Election, not Ukraine's."

That clown stated that the POTUS tried to break into the DNC and "cheat" as a matter of fact. And that's just a damned lie.

Why are the president's political enemies afforded a platform to advance a narrative that is demonstrably false?

BMX Bandit
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/nov/13/justice-department-hints-it-may-not-prosecute-andr/

MouthBQ98
AG
Oh, the irony. The rich, rich 2020 election interfering impeachment hearing irony.
Rockdoc
AG
If he's singing I can understand it.
FriscoKid
AG
McCabe getting off doesn't really make me happy. Let's see if they get any of them though.
backintexas2013
AG
The Leak had to do with HRC. Not sure what the documents are going to say
Prosperdick
AG
FriscoKid said:

McCabe getting off doesn't really make me happy. Let's see if they get any of them though.
Me either but if he sings it better mean at least Comey, Brennan and Clapper get indicted...if not it's just more of the same.
MouthBQ98
AG
No, I imagine there was just enough gray area in the law that there is a plausible defense against legal action and the administrative punishments might be all that ever sticks, plus I'm sure there is plenty of departmental sympathy remaining.
Hogties
AG
Everyone has a plausible defense. I want these guys dragged into court and perp walked no matter what a crazy DC jury decides. Until there are perp walks nothing will change.
Garrelli 5000
AG
Didn't he lose his pension, or most of it? Not nearly enough punishment in my mind.

I'm hoping this is due to having bigger fish to fry but I'm not holding my breath.
aggiehawg
AG
Adam Ag 98 said:

Didn't he lose his pension, or most of it? Not nearly enough punishment in my mind.

I'm hoping this is due to having bigger fish to fry but I'm not holding my breath.
He didn't lose it completely but he lost the ability to access it immediately. He'll get it later, much later.
leftcoastaggie
AG
Looks like the DOJ has been dragging their feet regarding McCabe and the judge has had enough.

Quote:

"I don't know what's going on behind closed doors with McCabe's possible prosecution, but I assume something must have happened that changed," Walton said. "I guess I wonder, well, why?"

"Should I know, well, whether the wool was being pulled over my eyes?" Walton asked.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/judge-angry-with-dojs-delays-in-mccabe-prosecution-decision-this-is-not-a-hard-case
drcrinum

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/justice-dept-watchdog-wont-let-witnesses-give-written-feedback-on-report-about-fbis-russia-probe-sparking-fears-of-inaccuracy/2019/11/14/1236d0aa-070d-11ea-b17d-8b867891d39d_story.html

Quote:

By Matt Zapotosky and Devlin Barrett

The Justice Department Inspector General's office has told witnesses who are set to review draft sections of its long-awaited report on the FBI investigation of President Trump's 2016 campaign that they will not be allowed to submit written feedback -- one in a series of unusual restrictions that some fear could make the final document less accurate, people familiar with the matter said.

As is the case in most inspector general probes, witnesses are being invited to review draft sections of the report and offer comments and corrections, the people said. But -- unlike most cases -- they are being told those comments must be conveyed only verbally, the people said.

Even though Attorney General William P. Barr and other officials have been working in recent weeks to determine what should be redacted from the report as classified or private information, people familiar with the process said that the entire draft document is marked "Top Secret," so anyone who discusses its contents outside a secure government room could be committing a crime.

Witnesses, they said, are being asked to review their sections in a secure area, after signing nondisclosure agreements, according to people familiar with the matter. The witnesses have also been told they will not be allowed to remove any notes they make about the document, the people said.

The moves have left some witnesses concerned their objections might not be recorded precisely and incorporated into the inspector general's findings, the people said. The witnesses, they said, are also concerned that the process gives the inspector general complete control in characterizing any comments witnesses make -- and leaves witnesses with no ability to create a paper trail that might help them show their words were captured inaccurately.

The people spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the political and legal sensitivity of the matter. A spokeswoman for the inspector general declined to comment.....

They're really worried. Note one of the authors, Devlin Barrett, was the go-to of Page & Strzok for their leaks. I'll wager he's mentioned a few times in the IG report.

Note: For some reason, this particular WaPo article is not paywalled. I wonder why...(Heh-heh)
Fat Black Swan
AG
MooreTrucker
AG
Que Te Gusta Mas said:

This is why it's all taking so damn long. They have to make it strong enough to withstand all this "conspiracy theory" BS that's going to be tossed out there. There has to be ironclad undeniable unspinnable proof.
(Removed:11023A)
AG
BeachRanger said:

aggiehawg said:

The ones being issued for this impeachment inquiry.

Previously I know they were being called subpoenas by the media when they were really demand letters.

Would a subpoena to appear before Schiff ,et al be a "real" subpoena or still a demand letter??

Thanks

and a link would be nice.

Beach

PS- for the illustrious aggiehawg:

That made me laugh!! Well played!!
Secolobo
AG
Can I go to sleep Looch?
Secolobo
AG
Can I go to sleep Looch?
will25u
Bonfire1996
AG
will25u said:

I think it's time we start looking into who were the loudest voices to oust Jeff Sessions. Not saying he didn't deserve it, but Rosenstein being the #2 guy with Mueller on stand by is all too convenient.
First Page Last Page
Page 967 of 1407

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.