Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,265,553 Views | 49226 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by nortex97
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
drcrinum said:

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2019/11/12/finally-ap-confirms-horowitz-report-principal-review-phase-underway-invitations-for-witnesses-and-lawyers/

Quote:

According to the Associated Press:
Quote:

The Justice Department's watchdog is nearing the release of its report on the early stages of the FBI's Russia investigation, a document likely to revive debate about a politically charged probe that shadowed President Donald Trump's administration from the outset.

The inspector general in recent days has invited witnesses and their lawyers who were interviewed for the report to review portions of a draft this week and next, a critical final step toward making the document public, according to multiple people familiar with the process who insisted on anonymity to discuss it.

As part of that process, the people will have opportunities to raise concerns or suggest potential edits, making it unclear precisely when in the coming weeks a final version could be ready for release. Inspector General Michael Horowitz told Congress in a letter last month that he did not expect a lengthy review period and that he intended to make as much of the report public as possible, with minimal redactions. (read more)
Generally speaking, and using the 2018 IG report on FBI conduct as a guide, the 'Principal Review' phase under Horowitz usually lasts 10 business days, or two weeks. All principals, and lawyers who review the report, are required to sign non-disclosure agreements.

Presuming this is principal review week one (seems certain), that would put the final report publication after the week of November 25th through November 29th. [NOTE: Thanksgiving day is November 28th]

The inspector general may allow principal comments to be added to the final report; however, the IG usually adds rebuttal information for any principal additions. Once the principal review and final OIG referencer check is complete the report moves to publication and public distribution......

So the likely release time frame will be the first week of December at a minimum. I sure am tired of waiting.

ARRRRGHHH! An IG investigation is not a f***ing grand jury! No need for that type of secrecy. Redact names, if one must but when one works for the government, crap happens. If that isn't your bowl of Cheerios go pastries.
Reservoir Dog
drcrinum said:

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2019/11/12/finally-ap-confirms-horowitz-report-principal-review-phase-underway-invitations-for-witnesses-and-lawyers/

Quote:

According to the Associated Press:
Quote:

The Justice Department's watchdog is nearing the release of its report on the early stages of the FBI's Russia investigation, a document likely to revive debate about a politically charged probe that shadowed President Donald Trump's administration from the outset.

The inspector general in recent days has invited witnesses and their lawyers who were interviewed for the report to review portions of a draft this week and next, a critical final step toward making the document public, according to multiple people familiar with the process who insisted on anonymity to discuss it.

As part of that process, the people will have opportunities to raise concerns or suggest potential edits, making it unclear precisely when in the coming weeks a final version could be ready for release. Inspector General Michael Horowitz told Congress in a letter last month that he did not expect a lengthy review period and that he intended to make as much of the report public as possible, with minimal redactions. (read more)
Generally speaking, and using the 2018 IG report on FBI conduct as a guide, the 'Principal Review' phase under Horowitz usually lasts 10 business days, or two weeks. All principals, and lawyers who review the report, are required to sign non-disclosure agreements.

Presuming this is principal review week one (seems certain), that would put the final report publication after the week of November 25th through November 29th. [NOTE: Thanksgiving day is November 28th]

The inspector general may allow principal comments to be added to the final report; however, the IG usually adds rebuttal information for any principal additions. Once the principal review and final OIG referencer check is complete the report moves to publication and public distribution......

So the likely release time frame will be the first week of December at a minimum. I sure am tired of waiting.

Jim Comey and all these rats are going to be able to suggest edits?!?!

That's rich!!! I assume there will be a smart guy in the room telling them to pound sand!
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Quote:

of course it is.
dreyOO
ruddyduck said:

Quote:

of course it is.

They didn't say which year
drcrinum

It's a paywalled article, but at least it sounds like Mifsud is still alive.

fasthorse05
When a prosecutor speaks to a "person of interest", or a culpable party involved in the crime, people often flip, or make a deal.

Can IG's do this kind of thing? This report was due last June, but apparently some interested parties had their conscience get in the way, so everything was delayed. I knew there was going to be a one day to three week SOP for the report to make the rounds before it's released, but why would the "interested parties" decide to talk unless they were receiving some sort of potential legal relief?
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

When a prosecutor speaks to a "person of interest", or a culpable party involved in the crime, people often flip, or make a deal.

Can IG's do this kind of thing?
Short answer is no. IG have no prosecurtorial powers. Meaning the have no immunity powers either not that are biding on the DOJ.

That is not to say that the IG could find a witness (current employee) that requests the IG to facilitate a Queen for a Day meeting with DOJ to try for an immunity deal however. Such a meeting would take some time to set up and then for DOJ to make a determination.

And then there also could be a whistle blower situation where the current employee approaches the IG. Since Joe Pientka has largely remained out of view even though everyone knows his name, leads me to think he may have turned and requested whistle blower status.
fasthorse05
Wow! It would be nice to talk about a REAL whistleblower.

I knew IG's couldn't go outside of fed employees to gather information, but wondered why anyone would volunteer to be included on an IG report, knowing the odds are highly favorable nothing will ever happen to the person being interviewed.
aggiehawg
AG
fasthorses05 said:

Wow! It would be nice to talk about a REAL whistleblower.

I knew IG's couldn't go outside of fed employees to gather information, but wondered why anyone would volunteer to be included on an IG report, knowing the odds are highly favorable nothing will ever happen to the person being interviewed.
To that end, regarding Pientka. He was assigned to Team Mueller and thus Mueller effectively kept him from contact with Horowitz while the investigation was on-going. After what happened to Stzrok, Pientka would have incentive to keep his head down while he was under Mueller's (and Rosensten's) control.

Once Barr came in, Rosenstein is on his way out of the door and the Mueller investigation is officially closed, Pientka was then clear to go to Horowitz, request whistle blower status and spill his guts.

If you look at the timing, that scenario fits. (Also plays into the timing of Flynn firing his legal team and getting Sidney Powell.) Just makes logical sense to me.
Patentmike
AG
Posting here and in today's hearing thread:

Dems won't impeach. What they'll do is pass a resolution that Trump committed impeachable offenses, but they choose not to impeach because of....something.
PatentMike, J.D.
BS Biochem
MS Molecular Virology

techno-ag
AG
Patentmike said:

Dems won't impeach. What they'll do is pass a resolution that Trump committed impeachable offenses, but they choose not to impeach because of....something.
I hope it's disastrous for them in the elections, no matter what they choose.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
Rapier108
Patentmike said:

They have to impeach. Their base will explode if they do not.
aggiehawg
AG
He's baaaaccckk!

Quote:

"It's November 11, 2019, I'm Joseph Mifsud": this is how the registration arrived via email to Corriere della Sera on Tuesday night.

Two audios - one of 6 minutes and one of 50 seconds - in which a man who speaks in English says he is the teacher of the Link Campus in Rome involved in the Russiagate and denies having ever had relations with the secret services. I am a networker - he says - I meet people. But I have never had relations with the secret services and if any of the apparatuses has approached me I was not aware that it was this . He explains that he "brought people together", but that he "never had access to confidential information" and that he "never conveyed confidential information".

No one is currently able to establish whether the recorded voice is actually from Mifsud or whether it is the umpteenth misleading in a story still shrouded in mystery. Officially, Mifsud passed away on October 31, 2017. George Papadopoulos, one of the leaders of Donald Trump's election campaign, had previously been in contact with him and spoke of "numerous e-mails compromising for the Democratic presidential candidate in the United States owned by the Russians". Those emails were later revealed by Wikileaks and Trump claimed that Mifsud was a "provocative agent" in the service of the European secret services who wanted to put him in trouble by revealing his relations with Moscow.
English translation.

LINK
drcrinum
Mifsud's lawyer, Stephan Rob, informed Italian news media that the voice on the tape did not sound like Mifsud. (Sorry, not home & cannot link tweets.)
aggiehawg
AG
drcrinum said:

Mifsud's lawyer, Stephan Rob, informed Italian news media that the voice on the tape did not sound like Mifsud. (Sorry, not home & cannot link tweets.)
Yeah but Mifsud's former girlfriend says it was. There are other recordings of his voice to make a determination.

We'll see.
aggiehawg
AG
Cross posted from impeachment thread. Who is this guy?

ETA: Just a rehash of John Solomon's articles. never mind.
will25u
aggiehawg
AG
will25u said:

I will have to eat, shower, crap, sleep and do all of those many times over before imminent becomes...today.
titan
S
Well, "imminent" is NOT later than the end of this month. It is mis-use of the word otherwise. It SHOULD mean within five days or sometime next week, but even the end of the month one is in is acceptable.

It had better be out before, say Dec 10th, if it is going to properly impact both the impeachment and budget nonsense that will be ramping up then.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
aggiehawg said:

I will have to eat, shower, crap, sleep and do all of those many times over before imminent becomes...today.

girls don't poop.
MooreTrucker
AG
ruddyduck said:

aggiehawg said:

girls don't poop.
Girls poop but they don't fart.
Bunkhouse96
AG
aggiehawg said:

will25u said:

Well, get to it. We're wait.
aggiehawg
AG
MooreTrucker said:

ruddyduck said:

aggiehawg said:

girls don't poop.
When you are as old as I am, yeah we fart. Seldom happened before but hell if it isn't happening now. Not a development with which I was pleased.

Hate getting that old physically. Do like the historical perspective and knowledge I have versus today's idiot college graduates however.

I could pass pass a basic citizenship test. I seriously doubt more than 30% of Harvard, Yale, Princeton grads today could.
Agnzona
"Youth is wasted on the young"

"Fort Worth where the West begins...and Dallas is where the East peters out!"
fasthorse05
I'm not sure 30% of those same folks woud WANT to pass a citizenship test!

You know, we're so evil and all!
drcrinum

Interesting.... Birds of a feather flock together.

Edit: You will find the above photo in a detailed Ukrainian article about Kent:

https://ukranews.com/en/news/494108-who-are-you-mr-kent-media

Quote:

Our source thinks that George Kent is working for the US Intelligence. He is convinced that Kent had a role to play in the Orange Revolution during his first term in Kiev as political section's Deputy Head.
A diplomat who personally knows Kent described him as a "puppet master". "He knows ins and outs of the Ukrainian politics......
Secolobo
AG
Sydney was watching.

Can I go to sleep Looch?
drcrinum
Secolobo said:

Sydney was watching.

The Dems really are trying hard to hide the activities of Alexandra Chalupa during the 2016 Election. Schiff had her name redacted in all of the earlier transcripts from the secret basement hearings, & Nunes called him out for that in his opening remarks yesterday. As Sundance points out above, Grassley's letter from 2017 calling upon Rosenstein to investigate Chalupa's activities during the 2016 Election is relevant, & I suspect the Repubs will bring it up during the current hearings.
JB!98
AG
MooreTrucker said:

ruddyduck said:

aggiehawg said:

girls don't poop.
Damn it, I am going to have to give my wife the once over tonight to make sure I didn't marry a dude. I am pretty sure over the last 20+ years I didn't miss anything, but I have been wrong before. Thanks for the heads up guys.
SeMgCo87
AG
Didn't see this earlier...
Quote:

Once Barr came in, Rosenstein is on his way out of the door and the Mueller investigation is officially closed, Pientka was then clear to go to Horowitz, request whistle blower status and spill his guts.
If Barr keeps the lid on, and only uses WB rules to bring complaint forward and keep him anonymous, imagine the uproar and squealing by the Dems to reveal the WB name.

Talk about two-faced, speaking-out-both-sides-of-their-mouth hypocracy...

Rules only work when everybody abides by them. Like Pazzuzu in the Exorcist, "it wants no straps".

VegasAg86
AG
SeMgCo87 said:

Didn't see this earlier...
Quote:

If Barr keeps the lid on, and only uses WB rules to bring complaint forward and keep him anonymous, imagine the uproar and squealing by the Dems to reveal the WB name.

Talk about two-faced, speaking-out-both-sides-of-their-mouth hypocracy...

Rules only work when everybody abides by them. Like Pazzuzu in the Exorcist, "it wants no straps".

Don't worry, the media will do their best to spin it as Republican hypocrisy for wanting to follow the WB on this, but not the Ukraine leaker.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Don't worry, the media will do their best to spin it as Republican hypocrisy for wanting to follow the WB on this, but not the Ukraine leaker.
Difference being, Pientka is likely a grand jury witness so grand jury secrecy rules apply as well.
drcrinum

https://johnsolomonreports.com/the-real-ukraine-controversy-an-activist-u-s-embassy-and-its-adherence-to-the-geneva-convention/

Solomon's latest on Yovanovitch & Kent. (I am guessing that someone is feeding material to Solomon, probably Giuliani IMO.) The first part of the article details how Yovanovitch violated the Geneva Convention by giving a speech calling for the firing of a Ukrainian special prosecutor in March 2019 -- lots of details including references which you can read. The second part I want to discuss briefly below:

In her opening statement during her previous testimony, Yovanovitch denied that she ever gave (or told) Lutsenko a list of 'do not prosecute' people. You can read it in her testimony, top of page 21:

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/6538652-Marie-Yovanovitch-testimony-transcript.html

Quote:

As for the events during my tenure in Ukraine. I really want to make clear and I want to categorically state that I have never, myself or through others, directly or indirectly, ever directed, suggested, or in any other way asked, for any government or government official in Ukraine or elsewhere to refrain from investigating or prosecuting actual corruption. As Mr. Lutsenko, the former Ukraine prosecutor general, has recently acknowledged, the notion that I created or disseminated or verbally told him a do-not-prosecute list is completely false. And that is a story that Mr. Lutsenko himself has since retracted.

(Methinks Yovanovitch doth protest too loudly.) Solomon is a key player in this scenario. It was Solomon who interviewed Lutsenko & released a video where Lutsenko said Yovanovitch gave him a list of 'do-not-prosecute' people which you can watch (embedded) in this 'key' article from March 2019:

https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/434875-top-ukrainian-justice-official-says-us-ambassador-gave-him-a-do-not-prosecute

Subsequent to this video there were multiple MSM attacks on Solomon to discredit this interview, & a false narrative was put out in the MSM that Lutsenko had lied & that he had recanted this claim about the 'do-not-prosecute' list. Well, Solomon subsequently called Lutsenko who denied recanting his claim, & Lutsenko released a letter stating so:

https://www.scribd.com/document/428295011/Lutsenko-Statement

If you read the Solomon article that just came out today, it reveals who was on this 'do-not-prosecute' list including a Soros back organization (AntiCorruption Action Centre) & Ukrainian officials who had criticized Trump & Manafort. Solomon interviewed an embassy staffer for confirmation, & there are other officials who Yovanovitch & Kent pressured Lutsenko not to investigate (Leschenko, Sytnyk, etc) which are discussed in Solomon's article. It's a rather complicated read.

My take: Yovanovitch, Kent & staff, clearly in conjunction with Department of State + NSC personnel were pressuring Ukrainian officials on corruption, but the issue becomes, just what did the term 'corruption' encompass? Everyone admits the legal system in Ukraine was corrupt & that oligarch favoritism & money laundering were rampart, but at the same time, it is rather evident that US officials were in bed with Soros as well as attempting to hide Ukrainian interference in the 2016 Election. It may well be that the primary motive for Schiff & Co. on this 'impeachment inquiry' is to hide whatever the Dems did in Ukraine to interfere in the 2016 Election.

P.S. Don't confuse 'Lutsenko' with 'Leschenko'.
drcrinum

Short video. Read between the lines: Erdogan wants Gulen extradited to Turkey.
Who wrote an infamous Op-Ed about Gulen & who then was accused of masterminding a plot to kidnap Gulen?

https://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/foreign-policy/305021-our-ally-turkey-is-in-crisis-and-needs-our-support

Is it just a coincidence between Erdogan's arrival to provide special documents to Trump about Gulen & Flynn's trial reaching a pivotal point on Brady material?

Just a review of Brady material requests regarding Flynn's Turkey activities from Powell's court memo:

Quote:

• FBI 302s and interview notes of Jim Woolsey, including notes by SCO members of conversations with Woolsey about Mr. Flynn, Flynn Intel Group, the Turkey project, and his separate meeting with officials of Turkey after the meeting that was the subject of the FIG FARA filing.
  • All communications between Mr. David Laufman, Ms. Heather Hunt and any other member of the National Security Division regarding the FARA registration for Mr. Flynn and FIG and notes, reports or recordings of their interaction with Covington & Burling with regards to the filing and its contents. See Def.'s Resp. to the Ct.'s Order of July 9 & Gov.'s Filing of July 10, Ex. D, July 11, 2019, No. 17-232-EGS.
  • The most recent production demonstrated that Mr. Flynn briefed the Defense Intelligence Agency on the people he was likely to meet on the Turkey project and the subject of that scheduled meeting before it happened. These prosecutors are still suppressing evidence that he did so on all his foreign contacts from the time he left DIA.

Wildcat
AG
What exactly is being alleged here?
First Page Last Page
Page 966 of 1407

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.