Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,438,093 Views | 49262 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by nortex97
Rockdoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

So, we can't impeach and they know it... only option is to can him but that would explode in the Rs face.

Does trump have another option or executive power he can utilize to stop this nonsense?

Sessions needs to stand up and state that he is back. Screw the recusal and tell rod to sit down and shut up and that he's done. Not fired, just neutered.
captkirk
AG
ttha_aggie_09
AG
So it's a perfect trap. You can't make me comply or it will destroy you in the midterms, meanwhile Mueller is dumpster diving at Trumps elementary school...

Thanks for answering my questions!
ttha_aggie_09
AG
I was going to ask that but would he really do that?
Rockdoc
AG
Seems to be the only solution to me. Will he do it? Probably not.
DeWrecking Crew
I think I'm in the minority, I actually don't think there will be any political fallout if he fires him for refusing to turn over documents. All he has to do is send 5 or 6 tweets in consecutive days stating"I don't want to, but I'll have no choice but to fire Rosenstein if he doesn't turn over the requested documents. They have a right to the documents and the Executive branch has a duty to turn them over. Really hope he does the right thing and does his job"...in other words, make it all about his refusal to turn over the documents and nothing else
dreyOO
aggiehawg said:

ttha_aggie_09 said:

So, we can't impeach and they know it... only option is to can him but that would explode in the Rs face.

Does trump have another option or executive power he can utilize to stop this nonsense?
Sure, Trump can fire Rosenstein but there would be political hell to pay.

Worth it
Long Live Sully
AG
DeWrecking Crew said:

I think I'm in the minority, I actually don't think there will be any political fallout if he fires him for refusing to turn over documents. All he has to do is send 5 or 6 tweets in consecutive days stating"I don't want to, but I'll have no choice but to fire Rosenstein if he doesn't turn over the requested documents. They have a right to the documents and the Executive branch has a duty to turn them over. Really hope he does the right thing and does his job"...in other words, make it all about his refusal to turn over the documents and nothing else
Yeah.. What would happen? Could the left and Rinos hate him worse?
fasthorse05
Not being cynical here, but y'all know not to expect too much from Stzok tomorrow. Once the transcripts are scrubbed, there will be some tidbits to discuss and harrumph about, but he won't have anyone to cross, like he would in court.

Since he already spoke to the IG, he is clearly comfortable on the hot seat. I expect a hell of a lot of lengthy answers, with little meat.

Once again, that's not me throwing a fit, it's just that it's likely. I dont doubt there will be some damn fine questions, but the answers will be rather ethereal.
Hate is how progressives sustain themselves. Without hate, introspection begins to slip into the progressive's consciousness, threatening the progressive with the truth: that their ideas and opinions are illogical, hypocritical, dangerous, and asinine.
This is backed by data.
fasthorse05
Good point!

They may say "F you" in the rotunda! Candidly, I don't see why all of the interns don't start that routine, if they're going to get suspended for only one week. They could have an "F you" chorous.
Hate is how progressives sustain themselves. Without hate, introspection begins to slip into the progressive's consciousness, threatening the progressive with the truth: that their ideas and opinions are illogical, hypocritical, dangerous, and asinine.
This is backed by data.
SCHTICK00
AG
DeWrecking Crew said:

Not an attack at all so don't take it that way. I'm bothered by the phrasing "they have a right to". To me they have a duty to oversee these beaurocracies to ensure they are using the incredible power we have given them to the letter. To stonewall congress is to tell us, the people, fu. At this point, we the people through congress should remove them immediately. Any side of the aisle that wants this type of government is a fool.
Stressboy
AG
SCHTICK00 said:

DeWrecking Crew said:

Not an attack at all so don't take it that way. I'm bothered by the phrasing "they have a right to". To me they have a duty to oversee these beaurocracies to ensure they are using the incredible power we have given them to the letter. To stonewall congress is to tell us, the people, fu. At this point, we the people through congress should remove them immediately. Any side of the aisle that wants this type of government is a fool.

We should start protesting at the DOJ. Someone with time on their hands that lives near DC get on that.
AMF 2 AMC
AG
I don't think it's a perfect trap. Every week, polls seem to show eroding support for Mueller and increasing support for Trump. Unless Mueller comes up with something relevant, the pressure will mount for him to wrap it up.

Is it just me, or is Ellis offering Mueller all the rope he wants to hang himself? He denied the motion, but much of his tone suggests he won't hesitate to cut Mueller down to size. That would be devastating to Mueller on all fronts.
DeWrecking Crew
I'm good with whatever phrase you want to use that strongly suggests Congress needs to get whatever documents they ask for, it's not an option or a question...it's an order, and disobeying the order is insubordination and grounds for firing
SCHTICK00
AG
Yep, do your damn job or get out!
VaultingChemist
AG
Rockdoc said:

ttha_aggie_09 said:

Sessions needs to stand up and state that he is back. Screw the recusal and tell rod to sit down and shut up and that he's done. Not fired, just neutered.
You forgot the third option......let Huber indict Rosenstein for FISA abuse, and other crimes.

Rosenstein could then be removed and replaced, and his replacement shuts down Mueller.
Bobcat06
AG
aggiehawg said:

ttha_aggie_09 said:

When the hell are they going to just say produce everything or we're impeaching your ass? Just get a pair and hold him responsible.... this has to be what RR/Mueller wants. Only explanation that makes sense.
They don't have the votes to impeach him.

Dem lawmakers see Rosenstein as a protector of Obama and a weapon against Trump.

1. Congress votes to hold RR in contempt for not releasing docs

2. Trump has cover to unclassified docs without appearing partisan. Docs are released to Congress

3. Unclassified docs show that DOJ are partisan hacks. If RR is culpable (as rumored), Dems are compelled to impeach RR.

4. PROFIT
RoscoePColtrane
VaultingChemist said:

Rockdoc said:

ttha_aggie_09 said:

You forgot the third option......let Huber indict Rosenstein for FISA abuse, and other crimes.

Rosenstein could then be removed and replaced, and his replacement shuts down Mueller.

Bingo! Or just let the FISA report be as scathing as the first report was on Comey on all the actors that signed the FISA applications. That will give enough cover to send Rosey packing. Just the appearance of FISA abuse by the IG will be enough to clean house, and if Lui or Huber want to throw in some indictments, so be it.

Would also love to see a moratorium on FISA to let it be brought back up for review, and with all the abuse exposed to the public, dare the congress to vote in favor of it again, in the current format, and force the process to be revamped, and pull the curtain back on their crap.
Never take a hostage you aren't willing to shoot,
Remember, America doesn’t negotiate with terrorists.
Code 7 10-42
RoscoePColtrane
Well after downloading about 10 GB of this worthless drivel of Adam Schiff's smoking gun, you just have to laugh at this idiot. I've posted an example of this crap, and there are 1000's of them. This is suppose to be his big find which prove absolutely nothing other than he's an idiot. Hard to believe this hack was any kind of serious prosecutor.

First off notice the ad creation date vs the ad end date, not making much sense to me

Then look at the click count and spend?

And notice the redactions accredited to him as the ranking member, so the picture in the ad was a threat of national security I guess, but they all are redacted that way, at least the few hundred I looked at. This is a big pile if steaming Schiff.

And so I have filed these appropriately...

Code 7 10-42
RoscoePColtrane
Slightly interesting thread on the legal counsel for Wolfe the leaker

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1011863423217381376
Code 7 10-42
VaultingChemist
AG
Why do I get the impression that a lot of these DC law firms are just fronts for organized crime by Dems?
RoscoePColtrane
Twitter must be doing some housekeeping on the conservative side. Had to make a new account because they suspended my last one for "inactivity". I only followed about 350 people and had no followers and no tweets. Strange as hell, so I made a new one and just started retweeting stuff and a few isolated tweets. I'm up to 65 tweets! LOL PITA to having to refollow the ones I liked to follow.
Code 7 10-42
RoscoePColtrane
VaultingChemist said:

Why do I get the impression that a lot of these DC law firms are just fronts for organized crime by Dems?
Likely because they are nothing but a passthrough for their payouts and a buffer from illicit contacts.
Code 7 10-42
VaultingChemist
AG
Interesting timing on a case involving leaking classified information. Reality Winner, a NSA private contractor, plead guilty to unlawful retention and dissemination of national defense information.

Winner becomes Loser

Quote:

Reality Winner, the former National Security Agency contractor accused of leaking classified information to journalists, pleaded guilty Tuesday as part of a deal with prosecutors.
Winner, 26, pleaded guilty to one count of unlawful retention and dissemination of national defense information.
Her plea agreement, signed June 19, says she's facing a possible sentence of 63 months in jail and three years of supervised release. No date has been set yet for a sentencing hearing.

Winner was arrested in June 2017 for allegedly feeding a classified report with information on Russia's involvement in the 2016 presidential election to a news outlet.
James Comey, come on down.
fasthorse05
Wonder how she feels about her political passion today?

This is backed by data.
benchmark
AG
Quote:

RoscoePColtrane said:

Bingo! Or just let the FISA report be as scathing as the first report was on Comey on all the actors that signed the FISA applications. That will give enough cover to send Rosey packing. Just the appearance of FISA abuse by the IG will be enough to clean house, and if Lui or Huber want to throw in some indictments, so be it.

Would also love to see a moratorium on FISA to let it be brought back up for review, and with all the abuse exposed to the public, dare the congress to vote in favor of it again, in the current format, and force the process to be revamped, and pull the curtain back on their crap.
I'm still struggling with a Rosenstein paradox. Why did he sign off on firing Comey? Comey was fired May 9 and Rosenstein appointed Mueller May 17. Did Trump renege on a quid pro quo Comey/Mueller handshake with Rosenstein?
coyote68
Comey was not going to survive the OIG email report.

Rosey is not going to survive the OIG fisa report.

Mueller is not going to survive the Federal Judges, Uranium 1, the conspiracy to take down an elected a president.

Each are temporary roadblocks meant to derail Trump and the conservative movement. They will be very fortunate to stay out of prison and keep their law license.
Lot Y Tailgate
AG
Oops thought this was a different thread.
MooreTrucker
AG
Lot Y Tailgate said:

Oops thought this was a different thread.
Aw, damn. Now I really wanna know what was said.....
jt2hunt
AG
Your the only one my friend, the only one...
MooreTrucker
AG
Well, I was also trying to roll over to pg 500, but don't tell anyone.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
MooreTrucker said:

Well, I was also trying to roll over to pg 500, but don't tell anyone.
drcrinum

But his deposition/testimony is not under oath.
Edit: There is debate over the latter; some say that is not true.
VaultingChemist
AG
drcrinum said:

Double standard for these FBI crooks. They can lie with impunity.
GCP12
AG
drcrinum said:

Wait, what?
First Page Last Page
Page 499 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.