Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,487,591 Views | 49269 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by aggiehawg
drcrinum
How long do you want to ignore this user?

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/993727726342365184.html

Interesting historical read by TCTH. Uncovering a Deep State Republican from the past who almost became an important member of the Trump Team, someone who had helped provide cover for Hillary over Benghazi...and you didn't know about him. Oh yes, he now works for CNN.
fasthorse05
I'll file this under the "it doesn't completely surprise me" category.

It's not that I didn't like Sketchy Rogers, I just never had a feeling that he was passionate about government size, law, or doing the right thing. He kind of does, but I suspect he saw that absolutely no one on the left (Dems and media) care to look under the sheet, so he chose to play along.

I'm also sure there's more to this story, but we may not find out. He certainly doesn't fall into the Swalwell-Rosy category, but he doesn't need to be considered a Republican anymore.
Hate is how progressives sustain themselves. Without hate, introspection begins to slip into the progressive's consciousness, threatening the progressive with the truth: that their ideas and opinions are illogical, hypocritical, dangerous, and asinine.
This is backed by data.
aggiehawg
AG
jt2hunt said:

GCP12 said:

Anything more on this? Confirmation from other news outlets? Haven't heard or seen anything.
RoscoePColtrane
I think this guy is one of those drive by tweeters that does this a lot, and not a good batting average, there's a lot of them on both sides...
Never take a hostage you aren't willing to shoot,
Remember, America doesn’t negotiate with terrorists.
Code 7 10-42
aggiehawg
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

I think this guy is one of those drive by tweeters that does this a lot, and not a good batting average, there's a lot of them on both sides...
Rats! If you'll look back, I had just said I thought there were Title I FISA warrants on Page, Manafort and Papadopoulus at a minimum. The timing was hysterical, made me look like some kind of oracle.

Oh well.
RoscoePColtrane
aggiehawg said:

RoscoePColtrane said:

Rats! If you'll look back, I had just said I thought there were Title I FISA warrants on Page, Manafort and Papadopoulus at a minimum. The timing was hysterical, made me look like some kind of oracle.

Oh well.
And that is likely very true, but this guy..... well he's hoping more than reporting
Code 7 10-42
akm91
AG
Wow slow news day for Mueller investigation. Calm before the storm?
aggiehawg
AG
akm91 said:

Wow slow news day for Mueller investigation. Calm before the storm?
He's still shivering in the shower after Friday's double debacle in court.

akm91
AG
One of the best uses of a picture from a Bond film!
RoscoePColtrane
Anyone have reservations on Wray with his past with Mueller and Comey?
Code 7 10-42
fasthorse05
RoscoePColtrane said:

Yes!

That answer isn't very informed, it's just a feeling, based on a few facts. Now, if you're judged by whom you run with, then he's not in great company.
Hate is how progressives sustain themselves. Without hate, introspection begins to slip into the progressive's consciousness, threatening the progressive with the truth: that their ideas and opinions are illogical, hypocritical, dangerous, and asinine.
This is backed by data.
akm91
AG
At this point, I have reservations for all of them.
drcrinum

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/993876644594180096.html

Very interesting thread about the Manafort case.
If the August 2 Memo from Rosenstein to Mueller mentions the dossier in the redacted portions, then Team Mueller lied and misrepresented itself to the court -- the dossier contains material about Manafort. Knowledge about the dossier being used for the FISA warrant was not publicly known until months after Rosenstein wrote that Memo.
The unreacted section on Manafort ends with a semicolon, suggesting there is more info on Manafort that was hidden.
There should be suspicion that the Rosenstein Memo details the counterintelligence program including the names of other persons being surveilled.
GCP12
AG
RoscoePColtrane said:

I've had reservations since his Senate confirmation. I don't think anyone voted against him.
ProgN
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2018/05/08/comey-blasts-anti-trump-fbi-agents-over-extramarital-affair-and-anti-trump-texts-632639?utm_source=Push%20Notifications&utm_medium=BPR

Quote:

Former FBI Director James Comey said Tuesday that former FBI officials Peter Strzok and Lisa Page exhibited "appalling" judgement by having an affair and exchanging anti-Trump text messages while working on the Russia investigation.

Comey offered the assessment at a Washington Post Live event in which he was asked what he thought about the direction of an investigation being conducted by the Justice Department's Office of the Inspector General. The investigation led to the discovery that Strzok and Page exchanged politically biased text messages while they were working on both the Russia probe and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's email investigation.

Strzok, who served as deputy chief of the FBI's counterintelligence division, was removed from special counsel Robert Mueller's team in July 2017. Page, an FBI attorney, resigned from the bureau Friday, as The Daily Caller News Foundation first reported.

"Both terrible and great," Comey said when asked to characterize the inspector general's findings.

"Terrible in the sense that it's incredibly painful to see people exhibiting appalling judgement," he said, referring to Strzok and Page. "First of all, having an affair, using FBI devices to communicate, and in the course of communicating, bad-mouthing not just [President] Donald Trump but everybody, near as I can tell."

"So that's really bad," he added.
Flying Crowbar
AG
So Comey confirms an affair was going on between the two of them?

Also, I thought Comey earlier said that he saw no bias in the text messages he saw between the pair. Now he says they were sending anti-Trump texts?
aggiehawg
AG
Senor Cardgage said:

Also, I thought Comey earlier said that he saw no bias in the text messages he saw between the pair. Now he says they were sending anti-Trump texts?
Comey is a doofus and only "knows" what the "news reports" say.
GCP12
AG
aggiehawg said:

Senor Cardgage said:

I don't know what his plan is in all of this, but he is coming off so ******ed that I am almost to the "He's in Trump's camp" theory.

I seriously have a hard time believing someone this dumb could become FBI director.
MouthBQ98
AG
GCP12 said:

aggiehawg said:

Senor Cardgage said:

I don't know what his plan is in all of this, but he is coming off so ******ed that I am almost to the "He's in Trump's camp" theory.

I seriously have a hard time believing someone this dumb could become FBI director.

Everyone else of similar qualification was worse?
Prosperdick
AG
Senor Cardgage said:

To me it's further proof that they weren't having an affair.
SeMgCo87
AG
aggiehawg said:

Senor Cardgage said:

He's just following BHO's lead, who never got anything from Presidential Briefings...only what he heard on the local news the previous evening.

Or Al-Jazeer...I forget which.
marble rye
AG
Prognightmare said:

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2018/05/08/comey-blasts-anti-trump-fbi-agents-over-extramarital-affair-and-anti-trump-texts-632639?utm_source=Push%20Notifications&utm_medium=BPR

Quote:

Former FBI Director James Comey said Tuesday that former FBI officials Peter Strzok and Lisa Page exhibited "appalling" judgement by having an affair and exchanging anti-Trump text messages while working on the Russia investigation.

Comey offered the assessment at a Washington Post Live event in which he was asked what he thought about the direction of an investigation being conducted by the Justice Department's Office of the Inspector General. The investigation led to the discovery that Strzok and Page exchanged politically biased text messages while they were working on both the Russia probe and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's email investigation.

Strzok, who served as deputy chief of the FBI's counterintelligence division, was removed from special counsel Robert Mueller's team in July 2017. Page, an FBI attorney, resigned from the bureau Friday, as The Daily Caller News Foundation first reported.

"Both terrible and great," Comey said when asked to characterize the inspector general's findings.

"Terrible in the sense that it's incredibly painful to see people exhibiting appalling judgement," he said, referring to Strzok and Page. "First of all, having an affair, using FBI devices to communicate, and in the course of communicating, bad-mouthing not just [President] Donald Trump but everybody, near as I can tell."

"So that's really bad," he added.

What an idiot. He knows both have flipped on him and he is getting in digs when he knows they can't respond. Are either of them even alive?
RoscoePColtrane
Michael Avenatti has produced this garbage and is spreading it around

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pskgpwr15r48tx5/Executive%20Summary.pdf?dl=0

Code 7 10-42
Rapier108
RoscoePColtrane said:

Either someone in the SDNY is leaking (would be no surprise) or he is pulling it out of his ass.
FbgTxAg
AG
Was the Stormy and Avennatti duo the insurance policy for the insurance policy?
ScottH_01
AG
Rapier108 said:

RoscoePColtrane said:

Either someone in the SDNY is leaking (would be no surprise) or he is pulling it out of his ass.

What is it? Dropbox limit reached
aggiehawg
AG
Rapier108 said:

RoscoePColtrane said:

Those records have been accessed without court approval. Companies wouldn't be on the defensive otherwise.
captkirk
AG
drcrinum said:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/993876644594180096.html

Very interesting thread about the Manafort case.
If the August 2 Memo from Rosenstein to Mueller mentions the dossier in the redacted portions, then Team Mueller lied and misrepresented itself to the court -- the dossier contains material about Manafort. Knowledge about the dossier being used for the FISA warrant was not publicly known until months after Rosenstein wrote that Memo.
The unreacted section on Manafort ends with a semicolon, suggesting there is more info on Manafort that was hidden.
There should be suspicion that the Rosenstein Memo details the counterintelligence program including the names of other persons being surveilled.
If they lied to the judge about the redacted portions referencing Manfort, I predict tough sledding ahead
RoscoePColtrane
ScottH_01 said:

Rapier108 said:

RoscoePColtrane said:

What is it? Dropbox limit reached
It means his cheap ass is using a free account, for the rich lawyer he claims to be that looks awful cheap
Code 7 10-42
RoscoePColtrane

Code 7 10-42
Rapier108
A lot of people seem to think it was Schneiderman who gave Avenatti everything because he likely got copies from the SDNY in order to look for "state crimes."
RoscoePColtrane
Rapier108 said:

A lot of people seem to think it was Schneiderman who gave Avenatti everything because he likely got copies from the SDNY in order to look for "state crimes."
Don't doubt it, today was his last official day on the job and suddenly Avenatti has all this as of today
Code 7 10-42
RoscoePColtrane
Code 7 10-42
GCP12
AG
drcrinum
GCP12 said:

Quote:

...Top White House officials, with the assent of President Trump, agreed to back the decision to withhold the information. They were persuaded that turning over Justice Department documents could risk lives by potentially exposing the source, a U.S. citizen who has provided intelligence to the CIA and FBI, according to multiple people familiar with the discussion and the person's role....

So it's a US citizen who is at the focus. Rules out the Russians, Brits & Aussies unless it's someone with a dual citizenship.
First Page Last Page
Page 340 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.