Mueller dismisses top FBI agent in Russia probe for anti-Trump texts

7,444,382 Views | 49262 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by nortex97
GCP12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Beat ya
akm91
AG
Well I guess Friday afternoon news "dump"
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
oldarmy1
AG
NSIAP

FriscoKid
AG
Rush should have Trump on his show. I think some lib heads would literally explode. (And I'm not really a Rush fan)
GCP12
AG
http://dailycaller.com/2018/02/02/fisa-memo-intelligence-committee-trump-dossier/
Quote:

Source: FISA Memo Says FBI Used Dossier To Spy On Trump Associate

The four-page memo written by Republicans on the House Intelligence Committee contends that FBI officials used the unverified Steele dossier to obtain a secret warrant to spy on a Trump associate, according to a source with direct knowledge of the document.

The memo, based on information provided by the FBI and the Department of Justice, may be released Friday, if the White House approves of its publication. It asserts that the FBI used the dubious dossier to obtain a warrant to spy on Trump campaign adviser Carter Page. Other Trump campaign associates were also spied on during the campaign.

The Daily Caller's source made clear that the dossier was used to procure a warrant even after it was clear that the document was paid for by the Democratic National Committee and Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign.

The FBI, according to the memo, did not disclose information on the funding and origins of the dossier in a Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) application submitted to a federal judge in September 2016.
Quote:

The memo will also make the claim that the FBI used at least one media report to corroborate the Fusion-produced document and convince the FISA court to grant the warrant to surveil Page, according to the source who has seen the document.

The source says that the memo names journalists and outlets who referenced the dossier before the 2016 election.
GCP12
AG
Quote:

Edit: Egad! GCP12, we must follow the same people.
Pergram is great for breaking news on the Hill. He not only breaks his own stuff, but posts reports from Fox reporters like Roberts and Herridge. Great follow
backintexas2013
AG
This is what we have all assumed. Like I said in another thread they have already set up three defenses for this.
AgShaun00
AG
Trump likes hannity and think it will setup for his show
GCP12
AG
backintexas2013 said:

This is what we have all assumed. Like I said in another thread they have already set up three defenses for this.
Yup, I have a feeling CNN will do another 180 on their original report about it being used.
GCP12
AG
AgShaun00 said:

Trump likes hannity and think it will setup for his show
Trump not only likes Hannity, but they talk regularly. Hannity may be a hack, but he has the best source in the country.
backintexas2013
AG
Here is what I put on another thread

There are three different defenses that are currently happening.

1.). Dossier wasn't vital and the warrant would have been approved without the info.

2.). Steele has a great reputation and there was no reason to not believe what he wrote so that's why it was used.

3.). Steele got conned by Russian disinformation and it wasn't his or the FBI's fault.

None hold water but all are being run out right now.
TAMU1990
AG
I thought it would be after SHS daily press briefing
backintexas2013
AG
CNN has admitted it was used but minimized why it was used.
GCP12
AG
FriscoKid said:

It's coming out today IMO. They are just waiting on Rush. The Trump tweets are setting the stage.
FireAg
AG
backintexas2013 said:

Here is what I put on another thread

There are three different defenses that are currently happening.

1.). Dossier wasn't vital and the warrant would have been approved without the info.

2.). Steele has a great reputation and there was no reason to not believe what he wrote so that's why it was used.

3.). Steele got conned by Russian disinformation and it wasn't his or the FBI's fault.

None hold water but all are being run out right now.
Here's the problem with all three of those defenses...

The memo apparently also shows that, even after the FBI knew the true origins of the dossier, they STILL went ahead with the FISA...

You can't use false info in a FISA, no matter how benign you claim it is...
backintexas2013
AG
I agree. I am just saying what their justification is.
RoscoePColtrane
Andrew McCabe testified to the IC in closed session stating they would have never gotten the FISA warrant without the Dossier.

Memo states that the dossier was presented to the FISA judge using media reports to prop up the veracity and credibility of the Dossier

There is clear evidense that Steele briefed six media outlets of the contents to allow them to report in this favor

Once Steele and Fusion GPS was cut off from the FBI and access, they continued both thru Bruce Ohr via his wife Nellie

more to come.....
FriscoKid
AG
He libs, read my signature.
Hillary paid for warrant to spy on Trump.
BillYeoman
RoscoePColtrane said:

High ranking official testified to the IC in closed session stating they would have never gotten the FISA warrant without the Dossier.

Memo states that the dossier was presented to the FISA judge using media reports to prop up the veracity and credibility of the Dossier

There is clear evidense that Steele briefed six media outlets of the contents to allow them to report in this favor

Once Steele and Fusion GPS was cut off from the FBI and access, they continued both thru Bruce Ohr via his wife Nellie

more to come.....

samurai_science
WOW. Trump should end the investigation right now.
GCP12
AG
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/house-intel-memo-released-what-it-says/article/2647937?platform=hootsuite
Quote:

The House Intelligence Committee has released its controversial memo outlining alleged abuses of secret surveillance by the FBI and Justice Department in the Trump-Russia investigation. Here are some key points:

* The Steele dossier formed an essential part of the intial and all three renewal FISA applications against Carter Page.

* Andrew McCabe confirmed that no FISA warrant would have been sought from the FISA Court without the Steele dossier information.

* The political origins of the Steele dossier were known to senior DOJ and FBI officials, but excluded from the FISA applications.

* DOJ official Bruce Ohr met with Steele beginning in the summer of 2016 and relayed to DOJ information about Steele's bias. Steele told Ohr that he, Steele, was desperate that Donald Trump not get elected president and was passionate about him not becoming president.
Quote:

Finally, the memo released today does not represent the sum total of what House investigators have learned in their review of the FBI and Justice Department Trump-Russia investigation. That means the fight over the memo could be replayed in the future when the Intelligence Committee decides to release more information.
RoscoePColtrane
BillYeoman said:

RoscoePColtrane said:

High ranking official testified to the IC in closed session stating they would have never gotten the FISA warrant without the Dossier.

more to come.....

No wonder his ass had to hit the bricks
FbgTxAg
AG
daggertx said:

Wrong. Mueller and Rosenstein should end the investigation right now.
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
GCP12
AG
The McCabe thing is not only new info(to those that have followed like we have) but, it is a giant bombshell imo.
Tailgate88
AG
Bigger than Watergate. And we're just getting started
whatthehey78
AG
jjeffers1 said:

daggertx said:

Wrong. Mueller and Rosenstein should end the investigation right now.
Bingo!
Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and myself founded empires; but upon what foundation did we rest the creations of our genius? Upon force! But Jesus Christ founded His upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him. - Napoleon Bonaparte
FireAg
AG
I want warrants issued on McCabe and Ohr IMMEDIATELY...

Charge is TREASON...
whatthehey78
AG
If not redacted...WHO exactly was 'named' in the memo?

Besides Steele and Ohr.
Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and myself founded empires; but upon what foundation did we rest the creations of our genius? Upon force! But Jesus Christ founded His upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him. - Napoleon Bonaparte
drcrinum
Trump just now on TV stating he has released the Memo & unclassified it: "A lot of people should be ashamed of themselves."
backintexas2013
AG
GCP12 said:

The McCabe thing is not only new info(to those that have followed like we have) but, it is a giant bombshell imo.

I think you are kind of right. Many on the left didn't believe that the warrant wouldn't include where the info came from. This is going to shock them.

The McCabe thing is HUGE.
backintexas2013
AG
McCabe
GCP12
AG
Big point here:

Fusion paid journalists to print articles on the dossier.

FBI then used articles to "confirm" the dossier to the FISA court

Incredible.

RoscoePColtrane
whatthehey78 said:

If not redacted...WHO exactly was 'named' in the memo?

Besides Steele and Ohr.
McCabe
GCP12
AG
CNN heavy on this is "GOP, one-sided"

Go home, CNN. You're drunk.
tremble
AG
Y I K E S
First Page Last Page
Page 136 of 1408

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.