Shooting in Las Vegas

882,461 Views | 4892 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BMX Bandit
Agnzona
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Interesting idea but if you saw all those guns you are not sending up one security Gaurd.
Premium
AG
Doesn't every keystroke, every conversation, everything about everyone get stored in the gov. cloud? I find it impossible for the FBI to not find a motive.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Agnzona said:

Interesting idea but if you saw all those guns you ate not sending up one security Gaurd.
Yeah, if they are not wanting to advertise some security surveillance measure, I think it's more innocuous than cameras in suites.
WestAustinAg
AG
Drew_Hill said:

So why did Paddock stop shooting the crowd and off himself if it wasn't because of the security guard? There is no way he just saw some cops on his cameras and before any confrontation he just decided to eat a bullet.
Why is that hard to believe? He had monitors that showed a growing SWAT team outside his door. He knew the end was nigh.
OnlyForNow
AG
Exactly, all I meant.

Seems that might have a security system they don't really want to bring into the public light, POTENTIALLY.
WestAustinAg
AG
FireAg said:

Two major problems with the original story have been "corrected"...

1. As was first reported by the "whack-job" Laura Loomer, Paddock checked into the hotel well before the 29th.

2. The security guard was shot BEFORE Paddock opened fire on the crowd, meaning that the security guard story about "stopping the attack from being even worse" has been debunked.

My problem with this is that both of these items are ones that should have been readily fixable almost immediately. The hotel knows what day the dude checked in, and they know when and why the security guard originally went to 32, along with precisely when he was shot...

It doesn't take 8-days to determine those facts, as originally presented, were simple errors...

There is something much, much bigger going on...
The Sheriff said it's complicated...he reserved the room but maybe didn't check in until a few days later. But his suite also has aligned rooms, didn't it? Maybe he checked into one part of the suite and had to wait 3 days to get the other part of the suite.
ATX_AG_08
AG
OnlyForNow said:

The one thing that would be interesting is if the MB has secret cameras in the suites and sent Campos up there because they saw he had all these guns out and was drilling holes in the wall or w/e.

This hasn't come out because they don't want the privacy issue of their guests brought up.

wild ass theory, but might make sense on why there was an investigation when there seemingly didn't need to be one.
So the hotel knowingly sent a regular unarmed security guard to a guy's room filled with AR type weapons who was drilling holes in the wall?

Jesus. F. Christ
FTAG 2000
AG
I think they don't want to admit they were slow to respond.

Six minutes from time of shooting the guard to him starting to shoot at the crowd should have been enough time to get cops on premise at the MB up there.
Ellis Wyatt
Tom Doniphon said:

Quote:

This is something i struggle with... where was the guys education? He had zero friends? How'd he come into the money to buy the apartments?

Sounds a lot like Barack Hussein Obama.
WestAustinAg
AG
backintexas2013 said:

Good guess.

Some questions and one confirmation I would like.

Questions: where exactly was the drilling and did Campos knock on the door when he heard the drilling? If so and he got fired upon by 200 rounds how did he get hit once?

As far as confirmation I swear someone said on the police scanner that they were searching the 31st floor at first. If Campos directed them where to go why go to the 31st floor. This was when the story first broke so maybe the person listening on radio scanner heard wrong.

Hotel guests were no doubt calling in and saying they hear gunshots on various floors. We already have seen multiple accounts of guests hearing it in their room. I'm sure 100% of them called 911 or the front desk.
OnlyForNow
AG
Ok ok.

But something sent the guy up there... seemingly.

Something they haven't been forthcoming about.
bmks270
AG
So... why did Paddock want 2 rooms...? He could have done it all from one room.

Why did he knock out two windows?

I know the guy is crazy, but I just can't imagine him doing things without some thought behind it...
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
What was Paddock's checkout date?
What event was set up for the next night after the Harvest venue on 10/1?
Was he setting up for something bigger with others to help out?
ATX_AG_08
AG
bmks270 said:

I know the guy is crazy, but I just can't imagine him doing things without some thought behind it...
Multiple positions to shoot from? If he got pinned down in one location by overwhelming firepower he could move to the other and resume firing? It's so elementary and simple to understand.
WestAustinAg
AG
North Dallas Forty oz. said:

Quote:

Questions: where exactly was the drilling and did Campos knock on the door when he heard the drilling? If so and he got fired upon by 200 rounds how did he get hit once?
It sounds like Campos didn't knock. At 6:45 in the press conference video:
Quote:

Reporter: And he knocked because of the drilling?
Lombardo: No. I never--there's never been anything out in the public forum about knocking.

This does show how the Sheriff constantly referenced what the public knows or thinks it knows. He did it several times yesterday. He seems to be on the internet 24/7...vetting what is being said by the media and the conspiracist groups.

Here he is arguing what is not being discussed by the public at large. How weird. He's playing defensive guy (lawyer-like) with denials of things nobody cares about. He is charged with telling the truth or saying that he can't talk about it, not denying that something is a rumor in public or not.
Ellis Wyatt
bmks270 said:

Maybe he was trying to make it seem like there were shooters in two different rooms.
Ellis Wyatt
WestAustinAg said:

Quote:

Quote:

Lombardo: No. I never--there's never been anything out in the public forum about knocking.

This does show how the Sheriff constantly referenced what the public knows or thinks it knows. He did it several times yesterday. He seems to be on the internet 24/7...vetting what is being said by the media and the conspiracist groups.

Here he is arguing what is not being discussed by the public at large. How weird. He's playing defensive guy (lawyer-like) with denials of things nobody cares about. He is charged with telling the truth or saying that he can't talk about it, not denying that something is a rumor in public or not.

And that statement isn't that Campos didn't knock because of the drilling, it's that Lombardo has never said, or authorities have never stated that Campos knocked because of the drilling.
wheelskjm
AG
Yes, but they haven't played the angle that we need more money/control so that this info can get analyzed properly.

Secolobo
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

bmks270 said:

Maybe he was trying to make it seem like there were shooters in two different rooms.
Maybe there were but he didn't know it...
Premium
AG
I just don't know why he didn't do this:

Or this:

?w=960
WestAustinAg
AG
ATX_AG_08 said:

bmks270 said:

Multiple positions to shoot from? If he got pinned down in one location with overwhelming firepower he could move to the other and resume firing? It's so elementary and simple to understand.

The second smaller room could have been the room he kept the arsenal in (prior to concert) with a Do Not Disturb sign on it while he engaged hookers and maids in the larger suite.
WestAustinAg
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

WestAustinAg said:

Quote:

Quote:

And that statement isn't that Campos didn't knock because of the drilling, it's that Lombardo has never said, or authorities have never stated that Campos knocked because of the drilling.

Exactly...he's playing word games...which is obfuscation.
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
Premium said:

I just don't know why he didn't do this:

Or this:

?w=960
SOS parachute needs only 100' to open
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
I don't think Campos did even knock....

I believe I have heard what he was investigating was the door alarm for the stairwell. That seems more likely then any specific guestroom door.

But he sees the attempt to blockade the door with the drilling and some of the wires and/or cameras and is suspicious.

Then Paddock sees him via the cameras and opens fire through the door injuring him.

Campos retreats but is in a panic and does not immediately report it he is just hauling ass out of there. So the floor isn't communicated effectively. Or even if/when it is that is not necessarily reported to police who come in and hastily form a group to go up the stairs.

Now Paddock has to accelerate plans and shoots in some order the tanks and crowd. The pauses between shots are not switching from window to window but to switch weapons that are loaded and also to periodicially check the cameras because he knows time is limited.

Police responding go in and simply start ascending the stairwell checking floor by floor. They come to the same attempt to blockade the door on the 32nd floor and know thats the place - not because they communicated with security in the hotel simply by chance. I can see that taking 17 minutes or so.

Then Paddock sees police arrive and knows the gig is up so he offs himself.

So police are there but the shooting has stopped and they see the injured Campos and assume that firing and his injury have just transpired, not 15-20 minutes before. In the haste he doesn't correct them or say anything specific about when it happened - perhaps embarrassed by his own reaction and panic.

Now they wait for SWAT because there is no imminent threat to them and they don't hear any shooting any more so no threat to the crowd.

WestAustinAg
AG
The big issue to me:

Sheriff isn't being remotely forthcoming in what he really knows and just refuses to reveal at this time. He is playing semantic games with the reporters ("that has never been out in the public...").

He is also obviously staging the press conference. He gave a 5 minute intro of the highlights of the past few days but chose not to reveal the BIGGEST highlight of all - that the timeline has changed and the initial narrative LE gave is completely wrong.

Instead he answers it when one reporter (lady) asks the qeuestion...whereupon he starts fumbling for a piece of paper that tells him the answer (that Campos was shot at 9:59 pm). While he fumbles, he asks the reporter to repeat her question...she does but tweaks it a bit...he asks her to re-ask the original questions...she does...the other lady reporter buts in and asks basically the same question about how the timeline could change...and he cuts her off to answer the first reporters question.

To me he planted the question with the first reporter and wanted her to ask the question (not reporter b) and he wanted her to ask the question exactly how he wanted it asked.

Yesterday's press conference was likely a charade. It was a way for LE/FBI to reveal they had a new timeline. Everything else was of little import and he had almost no ability to answer questions on these other topics.
bmks270
AG
Where did the idea that he broke the windows with the hammer come from? How was that confirmed?
Secolobo
AG
WestAustinAg said:

ATX_AG_08 said:

bmks270 said:

Multiple positions to shoot from? If he got pinned down in one location with overwhelming firepower he could move to the other and resume firing? It's so elementary and simple to understand.

The second smaller room could have been the room he kept the arsenal in (prior to concert) with a Do Not Disturb sign on it while he engaged hookers and maids in the larger suite.
No way he moved that many weapons and that much ammo from one room to the next. Still think he was in the small room and something was going down in the suite.
I still want to hear how many of those weapons were actually fired...
Tom Doniphon
There was a small sledge (maybe a 2-4 lb) laying near him in the suicide pic... no idea if LEO have mentioned that it was used in that capacity though.
bmks270
AG
Tom Doniphon said:

There was a small sledge (maybe a 2-4 lb) laying near him in the suicide pic... no idea if LEO have mentioned that it was used in that capacity though.

I keeps being stated on the net he broke the windows with a hammer.... but I'm skeptical. If it was confirmed by law enforcement, how could they confirm it. Maybe "door" alarm is "window" alarm?
ATX_AG_08
AG
Secolobo said:

WestAustinAg said:

ATX_AG_08 said:

bmks270 said:

No way he moved that many weapons and that much ammo from one room to the next. Still think he was in the small room and something was going down in the suite.
I still want to hear how many of those weapons were actually fired...
He didn't have to move have anything? He staged the scene with guns and ammo spread out beforehand. Have you not read the police reports or seen the crime scene photos?

He had guns and stacks of magazines pre-positioned around his firing positions.
backintexas2013
AG
I think what you said could have happened.

I also think it's funny that people thought they knew what happened and that Campos stopped the shooting. People were all over anyone that didn't get this. Now people are having to rethink the whole situation and come up with brand new scenarios.

In those scenarios people now have to explain the drilling, explain what Campos was doing, explain why cops went to the wrong floor when Campos said where he was shot, and have to explain why the guy stopped shooting at 9 minutes.

agracer
AG
GCP12 said:

Madman said:

Phys 218 still hurts to think about sometimes.

I loved and hated that class. My prof was a freak about it. He had stories about elves and would get so excited while lecturing he would stutter and shake.
Phys 218 was a cakewalk compared to 208. My first test score in 208 was a 13. That was a C after the curve lol
my first score was a 39....and it was a C as well. My future wife was devastated with the 68 she scored!
Tom Doniphon
I can't figure out why a guy that's about to shoot 500 rounds would knock the window out with a hammer anyway.... why not just shoot it out? A window falling 32 stories will generally raise suspicions whether shot out or hammered.
Ag for Life
AG
Tom Doniphon said:

I can't figure out why a guy that's about to shoot 500 rounds would knock the window out with a hammer anyway.... why not just shoot it out? A window falling 32 stories will generally raise suspicions whether shot out or hammered.

My guess is he did both; shoot to start the hole, hammer to enlarge it if needed
agracer
AG
drcrinum said:

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2017/10/09/holy-cow-the-official-mandalay-bay-massacre-narrative-just-completely-changed-latest-presser-video/comment-page-5/#comments

Quote:

This latest revelation is explosive because it shows Paddock was interrupted in the act of preparing for the attack, and not during the commission of the attack itself.

This explains a great deal about the event and why so many advanced preparations appeared not to have been utilized. Unused ammunition, body armor, weapons etc.

This latest crucial bit of information is also explosive in that it may indicate there were other participants that might have been present, later, if the attack plan had proceeded without being interrupted by the security guard (the need for 23 firearms etc.).

Within these latest developments it is entirely possible that Paddock would have had a great deal more effectiveness in the overall attack if he had finished the preparation prior to carrying out the shooting.

The hurried need to carry out some level of the attack despite the interruption might also explain why Paddock just smashed out the windows to begin firing etc. He may indeed have had a much more substantive plan, but was forced to drop that approach by the unexpected interruption prior to the shooting.

This new information essentially changes everything. It is also most likely the reason why the LVMPD have stated they will not hold another presser until Friday.

The bigger problem for Las Vegas Police, FBI, DHS etc. is that this change is far more substantial than just the timeline. This "new narrative" stinks to high heaven.

Full article is an interesting read. Some of the >1,200 comments are also interesting.

from the article;
Quote:

According to the latest stunning revelation by Sheriff Lombardo, security guard Campos was responding to a door alarm notification, presumably from a fire exit door being opened by suspect Paddock on the 32nd floor
Door alarms are not on the 32nd floor. They are on the ground floor. Just opening the door to the stairwell will (typically) not set off any kind of alarm. However, if the door was propped open it may have sent an alarm or notification to the building maintenance since those doors are supposed to close automatically after opening.
First Page Last Page
Page 105 of 140

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.