Shooting in Las Vegas

882,438 Views | 4892 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BMX Bandit
backintexas2013
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I thought the original report was his door. Now I guess it's stairwell door and he heard drilling?
WestAustinAg
AG
Watch the press conference...it was another room...that set off alarm...
LHIOB
AG
I would guess he was using the drill to drill holes in the windows making it easier to smash with the hammer.

I would also guess that no matter what info comes out most of yall will only see what you want to see.
backintexas2013
AG
If he was using a drill at the windows I doubt it would be heard through the door.

Well when it was first reported that he was at MB before the 28th it was ignored, laughed at, or just blown off as an honest mistake. Now a week later they finally confirm the story to be true.
G Martin 87
AG
ballchain said:

His calculations are based off of a 55gr .223 round. I imagine if he did the calculations for .308, it would close his distance gap and destroy his own pretense.

Not saying it isn't possible, but his conclusion omits known variables.
Yes. It's just math, but there are multiple variables involved. He's treating the speed of the rounds in all the audio samples as a constant. Addressing this rather obvious objection would have been a better use of video time than repeatedly mocking the FBI and media with "wizard powers" nonsense.
GCP12
AG
LHIOB said:

I would guess he was using the drill to drill holes in the windows making it easier to smash with the hammer.

I would also guess that no matter what info comes out most of yall will only see what you want to see.
Well, it would help if the authorities could get very simple details correct like when the security guard was shot and when the dude checked into his hotel.
DallasAg 94
Lots if problems with that.

First, I didn't see any of the "organic chemistry" he said this included.

Second, he talks about the sound if the bullet hitting concrete, and compares that to the sound if the firing. The concert wasn't on concrete... and hitting people/dirt would have had much less sound. He hasn't accounted for echo.

Several other issues, but we'll start there.

Yes, the math is simple. All Physics 201/218.
VaultingChemist
AG
Paddock had escape plan. He had personal protection gear with him in his hotel room.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.net/time/4975397/las-vegas-shooting-stephen-paddock-escale-plan-explosives-timeline/%3Fsource=dam
Post removed:
by user
backintexas2013
AG
Interesting:

"Investigators have found 200 incidents of Paddock moving through the city, and at no time was he with anyone else, Lombardo said."

I swear I remember them saying they saw him with a lady and they were looking for her. I guess they were wrong again.
Drew_Hill
So why did Paddock stop shooting the crowd and off himself if it wasn't because of the security guard? There is no way he just saw some cops on his cameras and before any confrontation he just decided to eat a bullet.
OnlyForNow
AG
Is that in the video....

which is read by the killer's gf's lawyer...

whose last name is Lombard and the sherrif's last name is Lombardo...

It's freakin' bizzaro world man.
Madman
AG
Starting to agree on something like this. I resisted having such thoughts but that's where I am starting to go.
cone
AG
Quote:

i'm seeing a timeline change in not insignificant ways seven days out

after (to be quite frank) the story had started to die down
Madman
AG
Phys 218 still hurts to think about sometimes.

I loved and hated that class. My prof was a freak about it. He had stories about elves and would get so excited while lecturing he would stutter and shake.
backintexas2013
AG
Don't worry it was just a slight mistake just like when he checked in. Nothing to see. Jesus was a hero that stopped the attack. Has he not gone to the room SP would have kept shooting. Now that story is wrong but that's ok.
Whitetail
AG
Quote:

If he was using a drill at the windows I doubt it would be heard through the door.
Seems to me that drilling a few 4" circles through the windows would have been a lot more calculated than using a hammer.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

the drill was for the clamp or whatever that he was putting on the stairwell doors. not for the windows.

jthonen
AG
I'm not sure if this has been posted yet or not. I saw this making the rounds late yesterday though it is dated 10/4. It's an interesting read, whether or not it is accurate we may never know.

http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index2400.htm
backintexas2013
AG
I thought the drill sound came from inside his room.
cone
AG
Quote:

Jesus was a hero that stopped the attack. Has he not gone to the room SP would have kept shooting.
bingo

the initial timeline doesn't have to bend toward heroics. plausibly, he could have stopped just to watch the carnage on TV or his phone. but you told us he stopped due to resistance. and now he didn't stop due to resistance. and the leaked pics show tons of ammo left. and he had body armor. and an escape plan. and he swallowed a bullet because some cops showed up.

okay

this is bull***** i'm still not in for conspiracy, but i am in for the cops/FBI not telling us something.
usmcbrooks
backintexas2013 said:

Don't worry it was just a slight mistake just like when he checked in. Nothing to see. Jesus was a hero that stopped the attack. Has he not gone to the room SP would have kept shooting. Now that story is wrong but that's ok.
VaultingChemist
AG
At press conference, they reported Paddock had "multiple phones", but could not say how many he had. That seems like a fairly easy question to answer.
Post removed:
by user
FireAg
AG
Two major problems with the original story have been "corrected"...

1. As was first reported by the "whack-job" Laura Loomer, Paddock checked into the hotel well before the 29th.

2. The security guard was shot BEFORE Paddock opened fire on the crowd, meaning that the security guard story about "stopping the attack from being even worse" has been debunked.

My problem with this is that both of these items are ones that should have been readily fixable almost immediately. The hotel knows what day the dude checked in, and they know when and why the security guard originally went to 32, along with precisely when he was shot...

It doesn't take 8-days to determine those facts, as originally presented, were simple errors...

There is something much, much bigger going on...
ShaggyAggie01
AG
jthonen said:

I'm not sure if this has been posted yet or not. I saw this making the rounds late yesterday though it is dated 10/4. It's an interesting read, whether or not it is accurate we may never know.

http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index2400.htm
There are some weird things coming out about this shooting, but I think whoever wrote that is crazy pants.
Post removed:
by user
cone
AG
Quote:

My problem with this is that both of these items are ones that should have been readily fixable almost immediately. The hotel knows what day the dude checked in, and they know when and why the security guard originally went to 32, along with precisely when he was shot...
and, on initial release of the timeline, why would it matter if he checked in earlier?

or shot the guard first?

so he stopped shooting for no reason other than his own will. well, so what? he's a psychopath. he doesn't need a rational explanation.

but now you've called everything tied into the initial narrative into question.

nice job.
Raiderjay
Theory:

The Fuel tanks were part of his escape plan. Set off diversionary large explosions and escape in the chaos while the thoughts of law enforcement this is a much larger attack involving multiple people. When the tanks didn't blow, he changed his plans and took his own life. He had an escape plan initially so he didn't plan to go out in a blaze of glory. When the tank explosion plan failed, he took the coward way out .
FireAg
AG
cone said:

Quote:

and, on initial release of the timeline, why would it matter if he checked in earlier?

or shot the guard first?

so he stopped shooting for no reason other than his own will. well, so what? he's a psychopath. he doesn't need a rational explanation.

but now you've called everything tied into the initial narrative into question.

nice job.
Exactly my point...

Especially for the "check in" part...

So what if he checked in on the 25th instead of the 29th?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
raiderjay said:

Theory:

The Fuel tanks were part of his escape plan. Set off diversionary large explosions and escape in the chaos while the thoughts of law enforcement this is a much larger attack involving multiple people. When the tanks didn't blow, he changed his plans and took his own life. He had an escape plan initially so he didn't plan to go out in a blaze of glory. When the tank explosion plan failed, he took the coward way out .
yeah I agree....but I'm also shocked he just took 2 single shots at the tanks.

Very weird.

Mow those puppies down with 200+ rounds maybe you get some fuel leak and then catch a spark on a ricochet and boom!!!!

cone
AG
Quote:

He had an escape plan initially so he didn't plan to go out in a blaze of glory.
then why have body armor? why the need for 20+ guns?
cone
AG
Quote:

then catch a spark on a ricochet and boom!!!!
that wouldn't work either
DallasAg 94
Madman said:

I loved and hated that class. My prof was a freak about it. He had stories about elves and would get so excited while lecturing he would stutter and shake.
Loved that class.

That was the site of many "AHA!!!"

Like the correlation between F=MA and e=MC^2

That literally blew my mind. When I subsequently took PChem... we had to give the mathematical representation of a Helium atom in a 1m^3 at any given time. You start with F=MA and it is about a page and a half derivation.
GCP12
AG
Madman said:

Phys 218 was a cakewalk compared to 208. My first test score in 208 was a 13. That was a C after the curve lol
First Page Last Page
Page 103 of 140

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.