Shooting in Las Vegas

861,121 Views | 4892 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BMX Bandit
FTAG 2000
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
cone said:

Quote:

He had an escape plan initially so he didn't plan to go out in a blaze of glory.
then why have body armor? why the need for 20+ guns?

He didn't have body armor.
Fenrir
BernArnold said:

raiderjay said:

Theory:

The Fuel tanks were part of his escape plan. Set off diversionary large explosions and escape in the chaos while the thoughts of law enforcement this is a much larger attack involving multiple people. When the tanks didn't blow, he changed his plans and took his own life. He had an escape plan initially so he didn't plan to go out in a blaze of glory. When the tank explosion plan failed, he took the coward way out .
yeah I agree....but I'm also shocked he just took 2 single shots at the tanks.

Very weird.

Mow those puppies down with 200+ rounds maybe you get some fuel leak and then catch a spark on a ricochet and boom!!!!

Found Michael Bay's texags account.
backintexas2013
AG
What do they mean by personal protection gear?
drcrinum
http://www.theplasticscreen.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Stephen_Craig_Paddock-been_verified_report.pdf

Been Verified report on Paddock.
texrover91
AG
drcrinum said:

http://www.theplasticscreen.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Stephen_Craig_Paddock-been_verified_report.pdf

Been Verified report on Paddock.

4chan will probably find something fun to work with but nothing much there
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
FireAg said:

Two major problems with the original story have been "corrected"...

1. As was first reported by the "whack-job" Laura Loomer, Paddock checked into the hotel well before the 29th.

2. The security guard was shot BEFORE Paddock opened fire on the crowd, meaning that the security guard story about "stopping the attack from being even worse" has been debunked.

My problem with this is that both of these items are ones that should have been readily fixable almost immediately. The hotel knows what day the dude checked in, and they know when and why the security guard originally went to 32, along with precisely when he was shot...

It doesn't take 8-days to determine those facts, as originally presented, were simple errors...

There is something much, much bigger going on...

I agree. This fact does not equate to conspiracy either. It's been just over a week and there's an ongoing investigation.
Secolobo
AG
How do you become an internal auditor for Lockheed with out any educational background and then go into apartment managing? Looks like somebody sure kept him clean.
bmks270
AG
raiderjay said:

Theory:

The Fuel tanks were part of his escape plan. Set off diversionary large explosions and escape in the chaos while the thoughts of law enforcement this is a much larger attack involving multiple people. When the tanks didn't blow, he changed his plans and took his own life. He had an escape plan initially so he didn't plan to go out in a blaze of glory. When the tank explosion plan failed, he took the coward way out .

This is what I've been thinking too. The fuel tanks not going off wasn't expected.... and also if the guard discovered him armed and drilling holes or whatever he may have been forced to begin his attack sooner than planned.

Theory

Guard discovers armed guy drilling through walls and barricaded/secured stairwell doors... what exactly prompted campos to investigate the floor is still being kept secret in my opinion. Paddock discovered, opens fire on the guard.... guard survives and radios to dispatch and waits since he is unarmed.... Paddock thinks he killed the guard, and secured the doors, so he begins breaking out the windows and firing on the fuel tanks... no explosion or fire so he then begins firing on the crowd. When paddock sees the police team arrive at the end of the hall he takes his own life.

Police were embarrassed by their slow response, so they alter the timeline they know to be true. Campos the guard has not been on camera because he knows something the authorities want to keep secret, for starters, he knows they lied in their story given to the public, so he is kept from speaking to anyone.

FBI doesn't want the slow response time, or other details known (like what really prompted Compos to go that floor) in order to deter copycats.

Still unexplained but knowable:

- Why would authorities lie about his check in date? How could they possibly get this wrong?
- Why are ther conflicting reports about him being seen with a woman? Gossip and rumors being fed to reporters by those not in the know?
- Why was Campos on the 32nd floor? I think something prompted him to investigate, but a "door alarm" from another room? I think there is more to this.

Cepe
AG
bmks270 said:

raiderjay said:

Theory:

This is what I've been thinking too. The fuel tanks not going off wasn't expected.... and also if the guard discovered him armed and drilling holes or whatever he may have been forced to begin his attack sooner than planned.

Theory

Guard discovers armed guy drilling through walls and barricaded/secured stairwell doors... what exactly prompted campos to investigate the floor is still being kept secret in my opinion. Paddock discovered, opens fire on the guard.... guard survives and radios to dispatch and waits since he is unarmed.... Paddock thinks he killed the guard, and secured the doors, so he begins breaking out the windows and firing on the fuel tanks... no explosion or fire so he then begins firing on the crowd. When paddock sees the police team arrive at the end of the hall he takes his own life.

Police were embarrassed by their slow response, so they alter the timeline they know to be true. Campos the guard has not been on camera because he knows something the authorities want to keep secret, for starters, he knows they lied in their story given to the public, so he is kept from speaking to anyone.

FBI doesn't want the slow response time, or other details known (like what really prompted Compos to go that floor) in order to deter copycats.

Still unexplained but knowable:

- Why would authorities lie about his check in date? How could they possibly get this wrong?
- Why are ther conflicting reports about him being seen with a woman? Gossip and rumors being fed to reporters by those not in the know?
- Why was Campos on the 32nd floor? I think something prompted him to investigate, but a "door alarm" from another room? I think there is more to this.

I think this is pretty good summary and is probably what happened on the day. 15-20 minutes in the timeline of chaos would pass by in what seems like seconds I am sure.

I think the real mystery to unravel is who this guy was prior to the day. Basically, he was moving job to job in the '80s and then basically goes blank as a "real estate developer" and "high stakes gambler" with seemingly unlimited supplies of money. Pretty much 20 years of who knows what all going on.

I do believe he was a criminal of some sort running drugs or gun and may or may not have been working with some branch of the government, which is less likely in my mind. Whatever he was doing required laundering of money through real estate ventures and gambling IMO.

What is pretty clear is that something changed in October of last year that put him on this path. Either he was cut off or lost his pilot's license or just got tired of people. We probably won't ever know.

I do believe the brother knew and helped him in some way though.
DallasAg 94
Secolobo said:

How do you become an internal auditor for Lockheed with out any educational background and then go into apartment managing? Looks like somebody sure kept him clean.
You'd think a "Secret Clearance" at a minimum.
AggielandPoultry
AG
Any idea of what events were happening later in that area of LV? Just wondering if the concert was his #1 target?
DannyDuberstein
AG
Excellent, non-tinfoil theory and questions.
ATX_AG_08
AG
This is embarrassing.

Special kind of stupid.
Secolobo
AG
Still can't figure out why shoot the tanks? He was a pilot so he should have known the difference in flammability between av-gas and jet fuel and should have researched that and the contents of the tanks.
tannerite has a percussion explosion. flame is negligible.
backintexas2013
AG
Good guess.

Some questions and one confirmation I would like.

Questions: where exactly was the drilling and did Campos knock on the door when he heard the drilling? If so and he got fired upon by 200 rounds how did he get hit once?

As far as confirmation I swear someone said on the police scanner that they were searching the 31st floor at first. If Campos directed them where to go why go to the 31st floor. This was when the story first broke so maybe the person listening on radio scanner heard wrong.

backintexas2013
AG
ATX_AG_08 said:

This is embarrassing.

Special kind of stupid.

What exactly?
bmks270
AG
So unraveling the 30 minutes of the shooting is one thing. But yeah, I think Paddocks wealth and "gambling" does point to money laundering.

Trump won election Nov 8th... October... November...?

I don't believe the conspiracies that Paddock was some agent for the Feds or CIA.... just really too many holes in that.

But speculation that he was doing something illegal and laundering money is very plausible with what has been made public.

No details are coming out because the Feds may have uncovered something very big. Some crime network Paddock was a part of... the kind of money Paddock was throwing around and making "gambling" must be big time crime. Like the mafia or cartels or something.
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
Does anyone know if the Mandalay Bay has cameras in the hotel area hallways?
A 2013 article says they do not, anyone been recently to verify?
If not, do you think this will become a new change in the future at high rise LV hotels?
Tom Doniphon
Secolobo said:

This is something i struggle with... where was the guys education? He had zero friends? How'd he come into the money to buy the apartments? (And I'm familiar with RE and know about leverage, but if he was heavily leveraged in them, then their sale didn't create a "multi - millionaire").

I don't buy into conspiracy theories... but there's lots of unanswered questions - that no one seems to be asking - in this deal.
backintexas2013
AG
I don't know but my guess is no. If they did I don't think the timeline would have been so wrong for this long.
G Martin 87
AG
backintexas2013 said:

Good guess.

Some questions and one confirmation I would like.

Questions: where exactly was the drilling and did Campos knock on the door when he heard the drilling? If so and he got fired upon by 200 rounds how did he get hit once?

As far as confirmation I swear someone said on the police scanner that they were searching the 31st floor at first. If Campos directed them where to go why go to the 31st floor. This was when the story first broke so maybe the person listening on radio scanner heard wrong.
Here's another theory that would explain the lack of clarity about Campos' actions and timeline. Perhaps the reason he went to check the 31st floor had nothing to do with Paddock at all. Maybe he went there to investigate something unrelated, and the full details haven't been released in order to avoid embarrassing another guest. No tinfoil necessary.
Bobcat06
AG
Cepe said:

What is pretty clear is that something changed in October of last year that put him on this path. Either he was cut off or lost his pilot's license or just got tired of people. We probably won't ever know.

I read somewhere that his pilot's license was revoked due to medical issues last fall.

If he was into some sort of smuggling operation, they may have cut him out because what's the use of a pilot who can't fly. May be this attack was a point to show that he was still useful?
backintexas2013
AG
There is no tinfoil hat in asking questions. Also Campos was on the 32nd floor.
MW03
AG
One thing I still don't get is why the adjacent room? If his goal was to shoot the tanks from an East facing room, his suite had East facing windows that would have given him marginally the same angle on the tanks, especially if those were the first shots designed to ignite the tanks and he took his time lining up the shot. Deciding to approach that from an adjoining room seems like adding an unnecessary encumbrance if his plan was to get off as many rounds as possible. Not only would it take time to run between rooms, but it also created a second entry point he'd need to defend if he intended to barricade up. Unless he didn't care about a stand off and planned all along to off himself at the first site of cops, but then why the escape plan?

Cage_Stage
AG
Quote:

It sounds like Campos didn't knock. At 6:45 in the press conference video:
Quote:

Reporter: And he knocked because of the drilling?
Lombardo: No. I never--there's never been anything out in the public forum about knocking.
PorkEatingCrusader
There is most certainly video cameras in the Mandalay Bay at the front desk and elevators and lobby!
backintexas2013
AG
So he saw the security guard on camera and opened fire? That's what it sounds like.
FTAG 2000
AG
backintexas2013 said:

My understanding is it was respirator, protective clothing, etc. Sounded like he wanted to slip out as a first responder.
OnlyForNow
AG
The one thing that would be interesting is if the MB has secret cameras in the suites and sent Campos up there because they saw he had all these guns out and was drilling holes in the wall or w/e.

This hasn't come out because they don't want the privacy issue of their guests brought up.

wild ass theory, but might make sense on why there was an investigation when there seemingly didn't need to be one.
backintexas2013
AG
Dang that's from a movie but can't think of the name of it. Guy in the movie was an assasin.
DannyDuberstein
AG
AG 2000' said:

backintexas2013 said:

My understanding is it was respirator, protective clothing, etc. Sounded like he wanted to slip out as a first responder.
Ala The Town after robbing Fenway - show up as cops, leave as ambulance drivers.
drcrinum
https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2017/10/09/holy-cow-the-official-mandalay-bay-massacre-narrative-just-completely-changed-latest-presser-video/comment-page-5/#comments

Quote:

This latest revelation is explosive because it shows Paddock was interrupted in the act of preparing for the attack, and not during the commission of the attack itself.

This explains a great deal about the event and why so many advanced preparations appeared not to have been utilized. Unused ammunition, body armor, weapons etc.

This latest crucial bit of information is also explosive in that it may indicate there were other participants that might have been present, later, if the attack plan had proceeded without being interrupted by the security guard (the need for 23 firearms etc.).

Within these latest developments it is entirely possible that Paddock would have had a great deal more effectiveness in the overall attack if he had finished the preparation prior to carrying out the shooting.

The hurried need to carry out some level of the attack despite the interruption might also explain why Paddock just smashed out the windows to begin firing etc. He may indeed have had a much more substantive plan, but was forced to drop that approach by the unexpected interruption prior to the shooting.

This new information essentially changes everything. It is also most likely the reason why the LVMPD have stated they will not hold another presser until Friday.

The bigger problem for Las Vegas Police, FBI, DHS etc. is that this change is far more substantial than just the timeline. This "new narrative" stinks to high heaven.

Full article is an interesting read. Some of the >1,200 comments are also interesting.

FTAG 2000
AG
MW03 said:

One thing I still don't get is why the adjacent room? If his goal was to shoot the tanks from an East facing room, his suite had East facing windows that would have given him marginally the same angle on the tanks, especially if those were the first shots designed to ignite the tanks and he took his time lining up the shot. Deciding to approach that from an adjoining room seems like adding an unnecessary encumbrance if his plan was to get off as many rounds as possible. Not only would it take time to run between rooms, but it also created a second entry point he'd need to defend if he intended to barricade up. Unless he didn't care about a stand off and planned all along to off himself at the first site of cops, but then why the escape plan?

They said the main suite was barricaded. With the adjoining suite, he had an entry/exit path. Could have just given him more time to set up the suite for the attack.

Could also have thought maybe he'd be able to use the side room to escape while LE was focused on the suite.
FTAG 2000
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

AG 2000' said:

backintexas2013 said:

Ala The Town after robbing Fenway - show up as cops, leave as ambulance drivers.

Was done in the Jackal too.
DannyDuberstein
AG
OnlyForNow said:

The one thing that would be interesting is if the MB has secret cameras in the suites and sent Campos up there because they saw he had all these guns out and was drilling holes in the wall or w/e.

This hasn't come out because they don't want the privacy issue of their guests brought up.

wild ass theory, but might make sense on why there was an investigation when there seemingly didn't need to be one.
Yeah, I get the sense that they may not be eager to reveal what drew the security guard. I think a combination of that + perhaps wanting to avoid advertising a slow response time when the security guy actually found the location before it started + the complexity of the crime scene + a bit of incompetence is what leads to some of the oddball aspects of the case so far. Not to mention, the killer is as oddball as they come.
First Page Last Page
Page 104 of 140

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.