Shooting in Las Vegas

883,918 Views | 4892 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BMX Bandit
bmks270
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Now I'm really starting to think even more he made his money illegally. He told people he had algorithms that he used to make money gambling. Riiiiight, he would have been black listed long ago.

Also someone dating the girlfriends sister said the shooter had a gun room and considered guns a "substantial hobby" and even had a made to order firearm.

Also, the shooters brother says the shooter had severe allergies.

It sounds loony OCD level as the shooters brother reported (can we believe the shooters brother at all either?) he had the hotel staff wash his hotel room carpets with pure water and says he would wear gloves everywhere to prevent rashes from chemicals and that his girlfriend would not wear fragrances or makeup because of his allergies.

Shooters brother also claims the shooter had his pilots license revoked for not being able to take his blood pressure meds (again blames allergies to many medications).

Shooter told his Florida neighbors that he played a lot of online poker.

At time of shooting he was taking 10 mg Valium.

Says he lost a lot of weight recently (health related? Terminal illness)?

Developed obsession with girlfriends ex husband.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4949402/Stephen-Paddock-huge-gun-room-says-friend.html
CuriousAg
I am going to guess he pushed drugs/guns in his plane and made a lot of money. Or invested in Bitcoin and hit it big. Couldn't predict/handle the volatility of the crypto more so than the daily gambling risk and it pushed him over the edge because he couldn't win.
Bobcat06
AG
tsuag10 said:

Sheriff was very adamant when he said (paraphrasing) ".....Think about it, look at everything he had with him. He probably couldn't have done it by himself. You guys know that...."
If there is something fishy going on here, they won't let him say that type of thing again. Right?

1. The sheriff admits that Paddock had outside help
2. Shots were fired at the jet fuel tanks at the airport
3. The guns Paddock had were in sufficient for starting a jet fuel explosion at close distance, much less 2000 yards
4. Paddock was an experienced pilot and would have known that jet fuel works different than gasoline
5. Paddock had 50 lbs of explosives in his car that could have set off jet fuel
6. Given the amount of effort and planning put into this, expecting a Hollywoodesque explosion by shooting then from far away seems like a major oversight
7. Eyewitness reports and videos claim that there was a second shooter near the airport

Was a second shooter stationed at the airport aiming at the jet fuel with high caliber incendiary bullets to set off a chain reaction of underground jet fuel lines at the airport exploding and as a result funnel concert goers away from the airport towards Mandalay Bay?

If so, doing that would attract all first responders to the airport and give Paddock a window to escape while LVPD was sidetracked. Instead, since the second shooter was not able to set off an explosion, it threw off all of Paddock's plans and Paddock offed himself once he realized he had no escape plan.
Bobcat06
AG
Quote:

Shooters brother also claims the shooter had his pilots license revoked for not being able to take his blood pressure meds (again blames allergies to many medications).

Paddock lost his pilot's license?

The motive may have more to do with the airport than the concert (see my speculation above)
bmks270
AG
sheriff said they had no leads or anything that indicated he had help. Just that "hard to imagine one guy."

I can imagine one guy can buy a bunch of guns... carry a few up each day into a hotel room, and can shoot into a crowd. Why is it so hard to imagine he did it without help?
bmks270
AG
I wonder if he thought that the fuel tanks exploding would allow him to get away.
n_touch
Quote:

I can imagine one guy can buy a bunch of guns... carry a few up each day into a hotel room, and can shoot into a crowd. Why is it so hard to imagine he did it without help?
There may be other things they have found that they have not mentioned so it would seem he would need help.
Bobcat06
AG
bmks270 said:

sheriff said they had no leads or anything that indicated he had help. Just that "hard to imagine one guy."

The sheriff has seen the hotel camera footage. He knows how Paddock got guns up to the suite.

The sheriff wouldn't stir the pot by saying something that speculative in a press conference unless he knew something.
tsuag10
AG
I think he was referring to things found both in the room and at the other properties. Saying that it's hard to imagine him doing it by himself. When I listen to it, it sounds like they know there was someone else that at least knows something about all this.
bmks270
AG
Bobcat06 said:

bmks270 said:

The sheriff has seen the hotel camera footage. He knows how Paddock got guns up to the suite.

The sheriff wouldn't stir the pot by saying something that speculative in a press conference unless he knew something.

Why not just state they are looking for another person of interest and leave it at that? The sheriffs delivery leads me to believe they don't have any clue if he acted alone or not, meaning no one else was seen with him at the hotel.
DirtyMikesBoys
AG
His response about the note was really weird. Said he didn't know, then didn't see it, then wouldn't comment?
Blahhead
Bobcat06 said:

tsuag10 said:

Sheriff was very adamant when he said (paraphrasing) ".....Think about it, look at everything he had with him. He probably couldn't have done it by himself. You guys know that...."
If there is something fishy going on here, they won't let him say that type of thing again. Right?

1. The sheriff admits that Paddock had outside help
2. Shots were fired at the jet fuel tanks at the airport
3. The guns Paddock had were in sufficient for starting a jet fuel explosion at close distance, much less 2000 yards
4. Paddock was an experienced pilot and would have known that jet fuel works different than gasoline
5. Paddock had 50 lbs of explosives in his car that could have set off jet fuel
6. Given the amount of effort and planning put into this, expecting a Hollywoodesque explosion by shooting then from far away seems like a major oversight
7. Eyewitness reports and videos claim that there was a second shooter near the airport

Was a second shooter stationed at the airport aiming at the jet fuel with high caliber incendiary bullets to set off a chain reaction of underground jet fuel lines at the airport exploding and as a result funnel concert goers away from the airport towards Mandalay Bay?

If so, doing that would attract all first responders to the airport and give Paddock a window to escape while LVPD was sidetracked. Instead, since the second shooter was not able to set off an explosion, it threw off all of Paddock's plans and Paddock offed himself once he realized he had no escape plan.

You might be right. Watch this video and listen to the early shots heard in this video:

Bobcat06
AG
Because the FBI (for some unknown reason) wants to release as little information as possible
DirtyMikesBoys
AG
Also just a thought...If the stairs were 'secured' by him. He might have assumed an unobstructed elevator ride down to the lobby if he was leaving the room in 10-15 minutes. Given that little of time, it wouldn't be tough to blend in among the confusion. SWAT teams don't pile into elevators I don't think, so it's logical to surmise he never expected any LEO to come up the elevators.
DirtyMikesBoys
AG
Does flight aware have history of departures of private planes that night? With the new fuel tank info, might be interesting to see what private aircraft was able to get out before they shut down that night, possibly without him.
Ellis Wyatt
HoustonAg15 said:

His response about the note was really weird. Said he didn't know, then didn't see it, then wouldn't comment?
Well, and if it's as a previous poster posted, he said the yellow paper. We've only seen pink paper on the octagonal table.

Maybe he misspoke, but I've only seen that picture 4 or 5 times, I have never been in the hotel room like he has, and I know and remember that the piece of paper was pink.
JohnFootball2
My question is why haven't the hotel security cameras footage been released yet? Wouldn't that help them know if he had help getting the equipment up there? Police are still questioning that.
DirtyMikesBoys
AG
Makes sense but he'd still know what the reporter was asking about.

I know I probably shouldn't be, but I'm completely sucked into this whole situation. I've never been one to research random companies, look at flight aware, etc., but I've really enjoyed the quest for anything that makes sense. I'm still trying to decide if this man and the terror he unleashed was incredibly complex or unbelievably simple.
Post removed:
by user
SquirrellyDan
AG
Mr_mo8268 said:

Wizard said:

When was the last time it was this obvious that the US government was trying to sweep something under the rug?

JFK assassination?
Well their gun running asset in the Philippines went on a "lone wolf" shooting spree with 20 military grade weapons and thousands of rounds of ammo, yet no body armour and killed himself at the first sign of conflict. What do we expect them to do? Tell us Paddock was an undercover agent that was paid under the table and was involved in weapons deals to overthrow the regime in the Philippines to increase the production and export of herion? No way! He stock piled military grade weapons with scopes in his name for a year, hauled them by himself into a giant suite with thousands of rounds and dozens of loaded magazines, set up cameras, wired money, hammered out two windows in two separate rooms to fire at people and jet fuel tanks (Lolz), wore gloves but no body armour, and then after nine minutes of shooting he kills himself after wounding a security guard because he panics despite still having enough firepower & ammo to wipe out half the LVMPD. And don't forget he hasn't really worked in thirty years yet amassed a small fortune in the two most commonly money laundering industries (gambling and real estate) on earth. Just your everyday crazy that snapped and despite meticulous planning, killed himself after 10 minutes; and his body was perfectly flat with an AR-10 on a tripod resting on top of his leg after taking a round to the head from his own hand. Nothing to see here! Russia!!
Yes, this is the most viable explanation.
bmks270
AG
I think this is going to stem from his father in some way... he was 7 when authorities captured his father for robbing banks:

Stephen was born in 1953

His father was a lifetime criminal and fraud:

Quote:

He was accused of robbing branches of the Valley National Bank of Arizona in Phoenix, Arizona of $11,210 on February 19, 1959 and of $9,285 on January 29, 1960.[15] He robbed another branch of $4,620 on July 26, 1960. He was captured and then convicted for the third robbery in federal court in January 1961
On December 30, 1968, Paddock escaped from the Federal Correctional Institution, La Tuna in Anthony, Texas.[6][13] A warrant for his arrest relating to his escape was issued on February 3, 1969 and he was placed on the FBI 10 most wanted list.

Most individuals who have been on the FBI Top Ten Most Wanted list are off the list in less than six months. Paddock was among those who were on the list the longest, being placed on the list on June 10, 1969 and removed on May 5, 1977.[16]

He was described as a smooth talker, as arrogant and egotistical, liking cigars, cigarettes, and steaks.
In 1987, he was charged with racketeering related to his bingo business and fraud for an illegal business he ran rolling back car odometers
LHIOB
AG
Bobcat06 said:

Because the FBI (for some unknown reason) wants to release as little information as possible

Maybe because its an ongoing investigation and releasing information could hurt that investigation.
Squadron7
AG
If those fuel tanks blow the airport shuts down for a time I would think. Seems to eliminate flying out as an escape route. Of LAS, anyway.

Any truth to the rumor that this all started due to an anti-Lutheran video on YouTube?
Post removed:
by user
SquirrellyDan
AG
LHIOB said:

Bobcat06 said:

Maybe because its an ongoing investigation and releasing information could hurt that investigation.
A rare voice of reason on the TexAgs political board.
LHIOB
AG
Sorry I wasnt trying to ruin everyones fun
backintexas2013
AG
What I don't understand is anytime something like this happens the press finds somebody in the past to interview. Just think of all the people they interviewed in the Scott Peterson trial. They haven't interviewed anyone but the brother from what I have seen. No business associates, no former neighbors, nothing. What are we missing. Maybe I missed the interviews but I have been following it pretty closely.
78669AG
Has this been brought up.

Mgm (who owns Mandalay bay) ceo jim murren sold 10mil woth of stock at the beginning of September

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dispatchtribunal.com/2017/09/17/james-murren-sells-294150-shares-of-mgm-resorts-international-mgm-stock.html/amp

Him and his wife were appointed positions on advisory boards during Obama Administration
If you can't handle the stress, log off until August. If you can handle the stress, be supportive and donate to United. No more buildings and concrete. Gotta channel funds to the collective for now.
Post removed:
by user
Cy_Tolliver
Clip on of LV chief last night saying they believe that Paddock had help. I don't think he would have said that unless they already have some fairly compelling evidence that he did.
backintexas2013
AG
Cy_Tolliver
Last night they interviewed owner of a gun store in Mesquite (Texas, not Nevada) that Paddock frequented when he lived in the area. The guy remembered his girlfriend coming in with him and said she was flamboyant and overbearing, and the store owner implied Paddock seemed to follow her around.

Obviously at a minimum she knew Paddock was very into guns. I still think she played a role in this, even if she didn't orchestrate it. Maybe just worked to radicalize him and he took it from there.
Flying Crowbar
AG
Squadron7 said:

Any truth to the rumor that this all started due to an anti-Lutheran video on YouTube?
Underrated.
bmks270
AG
backintexas2013 said:

What I don't understand is anytime something like this happens the press finds somebody in the past to interview. Just think of all the people they interviewed in the Scott Peterson trial. They haven't interviewed anyone but the brother from what I have seen. No business associates, no former neighbors, nothing. What are we missing. Maybe I missed the interviews but I have been following it pretty closely.

I have seen quotes in online reports from his brother, his neighbors in FL and in NV, and the boyfriend of his girlfriends sister. And that's basically the extent of his social circle. There are no more people to talk to except hotel workers and gun store owners probably.
Post removed:
by user
First Page Last Page
Page 76 of 140

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.