Shooting in Las Vegas

883,848 Views | 4892 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BMX Bandit
DeangeloVickers
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
New video

Police helping people leave concert. Tough to watch

stetson
AG
Jet-A tanks are pretty thick per regulations (too lazy to look it up). I'm doubtful a .308 could penetrate at close range much less at 600 yards. He didn't plan that part very week if at all.
Texaggie7nine
The toughest vid I've seen is the guy going around checking on the bodies for life.
7nine
Rapier108
n_touch said:

Have they said where his car was?
All I've seen is "parked at the hotel."
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
bmks270
AG
WestAustinAg said:

What's the latest on 4chan?

I tries to make sense of /pol tonight but it's just too much random nonsense for me to handle.
Texaggie7nine
That he did it to prove a point how easy it is to get ARs and kill people. And he chose rednecks because they support gun rights.
7nine
cbr
AG
Honestly, if you really want to see video just go to liveleak. If you want to be saddened, revolted, disturbed and enraged, you can find panoramic videos during the shooting. You can find aftermath videos of trying to check for pulses and worse. For better or for worse, you can see as much reality and angles of this as you can stomach. I really don't recommend it but I am interested enough to do it for several reasons
FriscoKid
AG
Ed Carter said:

Dammit I don't know how to quit this thread
I do

Hillary paid for warrant to spy on Trump.
Mr_mo8268
AG
Wizard said:

When was the last time it was this obvious that the US government was trying to sweep something under the rug?

JFK assassination?
Well their gun running asset in the Philippines went on a "lone wolf" shooting spree with 20 military grade weapons and thousands of rounds of ammo, yet no body armour and killed himself at the first sign of conflict. What do we expect them to do? Tell us Paddock was an undercover agent that was paid under the table and was involved in weapons deals to overthrow the regime in the Philippines to increase the production and export of herion? No way! He stock piled military grade weapons with scopes in his name for a year, hauled them by himself into a giant suite with thousands of rounds and dozens of loaded magazines, set up cameras, wired money, hammered out two windows in two separate rooms to fire at people and jet fuel tanks (Lolz), wore gloves but no body armour, and then after nine minutes of shooting he kills himself after wounding a security guard because he panics despite still having enough firepower & ammo to wipe out half the LVMPD. And don't forget he hasn't really worked in thirty years yet amassed a small fortune in the two most commonly money laundering industries (gambling and real estate) on earth. Just your everyday crazy that snapped and despite meticulous planning, killed himself after 10 minutes; and his body was perfectly flat with an AR-10 on a tripod resting on top of his leg after taking a round to the head from his own hand. Nothing to see here! Russia!!
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
So they are saying he had a plan to escape.

Odd that the room was in his name though. I mean it's not like he would not have been the prime suspect.

But I think the escape plan was first not to be found so quickly.

Second I think besides the fuel tanks he also planned to explode his car with the tannerite by firing at his car which was probably parked in view. So then they would have two explosions to deal with and panic everywhere.

Not a great plan but basically to cause chaos in several areas and exit amid the confusion.

But security reacting so quick made that impossible.
FriscoKid
AG
How much time did that take?
cbr
AG
These aren't military grade weapons. It is weird he didn't have body armor. Strange none of the other 'stuff' was used. He had clearly practiced some but was no expert. Nothing really points to him expecting to either escape, or to die. But it was so pre-planned with the prior hotel and concert that there was definitely a logical motive. Not just a hate spree and not political. The message is too diffeerent between the two concerts. This one is a real mystery.
Charpie
AG
I love you so hard
stetson
AG
Prior hotel and concert? I missed that. What were these?
FriscoKid
AG
Love you too.
Rapier108
stetson said:

Prior hotel and concert? I missed that. What were these?
The Ogden, during the "Life is Beautiful" concert.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
DeangeloVickers
AG
He could have just wanted a suite at the other concert to analyze where everything was (or he wanted to shoot it up as well)

I believe he just wanted notoriety and kill as many people as possible
TAMUallen
AG
This is, honestly, the most confusing thing in a long time.

He had plans and took months for action. He went the legal civilian route before going BSC. Why not have tracer rounds as an insurance for ignition? They're available.

What are we all missing in this? There is some missing huge puzzle piece or maybe, even more likely, there are huge pieces missing from the story.
Charpie
AG
Missing? Guys..this guy wasn't rational. You have to keep that in mind.
Mr_mo8268
AG
FriscoKid said:

How much time did that take?
Less than 10 minutes
rainbow_aggie
TAMUallen said:

He had plans and took months for action. He went the legal civilian route before going BSC. Why not have tracer rounds as an insurance for ignition? They're available.

What are we all missing in this? There is some missing huge puzzle piece or maybe, even more likely, there are huge pieces missing from the story.

There's a good story on zero hedge about this.
bmks270
AG
Maybe he exchanged words with the security guard? Who know what they found in the car that isn't revealed, maybe 10 million cash and a hotel reservation in Mexico or some other booked travel? We don't know what the investigators are keeping secret. but I'm not sure he wanted to escape because he rigged the hallway with cameras.... if he wanted to escape seems there are other places you'd put cameras to give you more time to flee. I think his objective was to not be captured alive more than it was to flee.
rainbow_aggie
bmks270 said:

Maybe he exchanged words with the security guard? Who know what they found in the car that isn't revealed, maybe 10 million cash and a hotel reservation in Mexico or some other booked travel? We don't know what the investigators are keeping secret. but I'm not sure he wanted to escape because he rigged the hallway with cameras.... if he wanted to escape seems there are other places you'd put cameras to give you more time to flee.

I've read reports that the shooter barricaded the stairwell doors. Elevator was only way to his floor. Not sure how anyone could plan to escape that.
cmag
rainbow_aggie said:

TAMUallen said:

No there's not.
tsuag10
AG
Sheriff was very adamant when he said (paraphrasing) ".....Think about it, look at everything he had with him. He probably couldn't have done it by himself. You guys know that...."
If there is something fishy going on here, they won't let him say that type of thing again. Right?
rainbow_aggie
cmag said:

rainbow_aggie said:

TAMUallen said:

No there's not.
Here's the LINK my brew.
Charpie
AG
Adamant but paraphrasing? At least provide a link where he's adamant
Charpie
AG
And that's a blog post. Oh jeez
FriscoKid
AG
rainbow_aggie said:

bmks270 said:

Maybe he exchanged words with the security guard? Who know what they found in the car that isn't revealed, maybe 10 million cash and a hotel reservation in Mexico or some other booked travel? We don't know what the investigators are keeping secret. but I'm not sure he wanted to escape because he rigged the hallway with cameras.... if he wanted to escape seems there are other places you'd put cameras to give you more time to flee.

I've read reports that the shooter barricaded the stairwell doors. Elevator was only way to his floor. Not sure how anyone could plan to escape that.

For the love of everything nice and cuddly.

WTF?
cmag
rainbow_aggie said:

cmag said:

rainbow_aggie said:

TAMUallen said:

No there's not.
Here's the LINK my brew.

That was even worse than I thought it would be.
TAMUallen
AG
rainbow_aggie said:

cmag said:

rainbow_aggie said:

TAMUallen said:

No there's not.
Here's the LINK my brew.

That's a decent compilation but seems to be composed, in majority, of basic level question points.

I'm just doubting this wealthy guy (completely alone), who nobody knew anything about, suddenly figured out how to do the most damage in US history and is stupidly basic at the same time. Maybe, maybe a bit of money and a decent target is all it takes for massive damage but there's still so many things that make no sense. Primarily the thing that doesn't make sense is WHY?! For what?! Help us out here FBI, yall are so trusted and able lol
FTAG 2000
AG
cbr said:

These aren't military grade weapons. It is weird he didn't have body armor. Strange none of the other 'stuff' was used. He had clearly practiced some but was no expert. Nothing really points to him expecting to either escape, or to die. But it was so pre-planned with the prior hotel and concert that there was definitely a logical motive. Not just a hate spree and not political. The message is too diffeerent between the two concerts. This one is a real mystery.

If he was planning on getting away he wouldn't have wanted body armor, he'd need to blend in.

Guessing they found either plane ticket or perhaps a map from LV to Mexico or something like that in the car.

Remember the suite was in his girlfriend's name, so they wouldn't have been looking for him right away.

tsuag10
AG
Charpie said:

Adamant but paraphrasing? At least provide a link where he's adamant

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10156090383841336&id=15704546335
Start listening about 33:00
Upon listening to it again, I think he is saying that he feels like there was someone else helping him during the time leading up to the shooting. Not necessarily that there was someone in the room with him.
TAMUallen
AG
AG 2000' said:

cbr said:

If he was planning on getting away he wouldn't have wanted body armor, he'd need to blend in.

Guessing they found either plane ticket or perhaps a map from LV to Mexico or something like that in the car.

Remember the suite was in his girlfriend's name, so they wouldn't have been looking for him right away.

Armor isnt that hard to hide. Especially with a bit of money to spend. Even without $$$ it could be quickly removed after he was out of immediate or anticipated immediate danger until he could get to another location with additional resupply
Blahhead
FriscoKid said:

rainbow_aggie said:

bmks270 said:

For the love of everything nice and cuddly.

WTF?

You're more annoying than any single poster on this thread. You add zero substance, but you sure are quick with your single sentence, snarky replies. You should try adding some form of entertainment, news, etc.
First Page Last Page
Page 75 of 140

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.