Shooting in Las Vegas

883,949 Views | 4892 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BMX Bandit
Premium
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FBI and Mueller own Trump. Trump made his own bed with Russia collusion and he has to sleep in it.

Jk
TAMUallen
AG
Squadron7 said:

libertyag said:

bmks270 said:

Hard to take this guy seriously talking about trusting the FBI after the Comey and Clinton case.
Yeah, I wouldn't trust the FBI any more than I would the IRS. Just political government agencies.

The complete politicization of the civil service is the result of importing Chicago Machine politics into DC.

Interesting to see how this unfolds because Vegas operates a little different than everywhere else. Plus, Trump is against the Chicago machine.
BusterAg
AG
Premium said:

So if he gave it away before, do the other people get to keep it? And if he didn't give it away his estate will be sued for it all, most likely?
Nope.

The IRS and Dept. of Treasury have special agents especially for this.

Did a drug dealer buy his grandma / baby-momma / "business associate" with drug money? If the IRS can prove it, sorry Granny, your house belongs to the Feds.

If he gave his money away, it can be proven to be crooked, and it sits in a US bank, the Feds will get it.
Post removed:
by user
Ag In Ok
AG
Is the ATF engaged?
FriscoKid
AG
Squadron7 said:

libertyag said:

bmks270 said:

Hard to take this guy seriously talking about trusting the FBI after the Comey and Clinton case.
Yeah, I wouldn't trust the FBI any more than I would the IRS. Just political government agencies.

The complete politicization of the civil service is the result of importing Chicago Machine politics into DC.
no chit
Hillary paid for warrant to spy on Trump.
Premium
AG
Thanks. Makes sense. But someone who has millions and can't estate plan before a mass shooting seems unlikely.
FriscoKid
AG
Premium said:

Thanks. Makes sense. But someone who has millions and can't estate plan before a mass shooting seems unlikely.
Why would you "estate plan"? He didn't have any kids...

Why not send the GF a million and then place a bet on black for the rest? He's not exactly being logical at this point.
Post removed:
by user
TAMUallen
AG
FriscoKid said:

Premium said:

Why not send the GF a million and then place a bet on black for the rest? He's not exactly being logical at this point.

Or more frightening is that he transferred his money to those who assisted him with this attack. Sheriff was pretty damn sure that he wasnt alone for this. That's strange too because Sheriff was very matter of fact and absolute on refusing to speculate
bmks270
AG
All A&M said:

Accountant huh with no degree or license. The only facts I have seen so far is he was a mail-man, then an IRS "agent", then an auditor; that all happened in late 70s to late 80s; after that he completely falls off the grid and becomes rich. No one seems to know this psychopath except his lying brother and recent girlfriend (both received money from him).

Yeah... it doesn't add up. Very unusual... and that is before you consider his fugitive father.
Post removed:
by user
FriscoKid
AG
TAMUallen said:

FriscoKid said:

Premium said:

Or more frightening is that he transferred his money to those who assisted him with this attack. Sheriff was pretty damn sure that he wasnt alone for this. That's strange too because Sheriff was very matter of fact and absolute on refusing to speculate
And then eat a bullet? Nobody does that.
Premium
AG
FriscoKid said:

Premium said:

Sorry, I tried to tie in the logic of the death tax thread - millionaires know how to plan around it - and didn't do too well evidently
Tom Doniphon
Ag In Ok said:

How does the FBI have jurisdiction in this case if it is relatively clear cut he was a local and did not cross state lines or violate federal law?

my guess would be casualties from a number of states... but I'm just spit balling
TAMUallen
AG
All A&M said:

Quote:

BUT, even if he was some gun runner, it doesn't explain wanting to commit suicidal mass murder.
He may have blown his ill-gotten wealth in vegas with his gambling addiction and decided (psychopath logic) to punish the city.

They wouldn't talk about it but did acknowledge there was evidence of escape/survival.

Pretty dang strange when it appears he offed himself. I wonder what it is that changed from escape/survival into a self inflicted bullet to the head
BPCAg05
AG
I'm guessing the security guard showing up earlier than expected so he was stuck in the room
TexasAggie_02
AG
Ag In Ok said:

How does the FBI have jurisdiction in this case if it is relatively clear cut he was a local and did not cross state lines or violate federal law?
maybe the death toll?

he bought guns in AZ, and TX if i recall

Overseas wire transfers
who?mikejones
AG
Yeah, and it sounds like the regular cops were on the floor not far behind the security guards
CoachRTM
AG
TAMUallen said:

All A&M said:

Quote:

BUT, even if he was some gun runner, it doesn't explain wanting to commit suicidal mass murder.
He may have blown his ill-gotten wealth in vegas with his gambling addiction and decided (psychopath logic) to punish the city.

They wouldn't talk about it but did acknowledge there was evidence of escape/survival.

Pretty dang strange when it appears he offed himself. I wonder what it is that changed from escape/survival into a self inflicted bullet to the head

The thing that makes the most sense to me :

- He was planning on shooting for a certain amount of time, then using an escape plan before cops/ SWAT arrived.

- As he was still shooting, security came up and exchanged fire before he thought they could find him.

- He wounds the security officer, but freaks out and swallows the gun thinking the whole SWAT team is right behind.

Who knows, but that seems like the easiest solution to me.
Ag In Ok
AG
If he did those things legally, can they insert themselves in the investigation? Buying a car in Oklahoma and causing an accident in Texas isn't a federal crime. Would it be different with guns?

I can see the pd inviting atf and to a degree the FBI, but not to the point of being pushed back.
BPCAg05
AG
In my opinion he wanted to inflict harm but didn't want the personal nature of seeing his victims up close. THe fact that he had explosives in the car and more guns at home to me does mean he was planning on leaving the hotel room and continuing his sick plan. The security guard(s) show up quicker than he expects and he shoots at him. He sees through the camera that more security/cops are in the hallway and there is now no way he can get out of that room alive. He then decides to kill himself.
FriscoKid
AG
CoachRTM said:

TAMUallen said:

All A&M said:

Quote:

The thing that makes the most sense to me :

- He was planning on shooting for a certain amount of time, then using an escape plan before cops/ SWAT arrived.

- As he was still shooting, security came up and exchanged fire before he thought they could find him.

- He wounds the security officer, but freaks out and swallows the gun thinking the whole SWAT team is right behind.

Who knows, but that seems like the easiest solution to me.
Yep.
TexasAggie_02
AG
a thought i had about the cameras not being on. what if after he engaged hotel security, he uploaded the camera footage online somewhere and then wiped the camera's memory (or destroyed the SD card if they had them)?
BPCAg05
AG
Agreed
FriscoKid
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

a thought i had about the cameras not being on. what if after he engaged hotel security, he uploaded the camera footage online somewhere and then wiped the camera's memory (or destroyed the SD card if they had them)?
Good grief. Forum 16 is the new /pol board.
bmks270
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

They said one was a baby monitor camera... it may not have had any recording ability.
bmks270
AG
Apparently a local paper is reporting that he tried to blow up aviation fuel tanks near the crowd by shooting them. They found he had shot the tanks but they never exploded.
Blahhead
Fox is saying he shot at fuel tanks located at Mccarran, but even though they were hit multiple, they didn't explode.
who?mikejones
AG
Blahhead said:

Fox is saying he shot at fuel tanks located at Mccarran, but even though they were hit multiple, they didn't explode.

Well, show me the pictures
WestAustinAg
AG
Fox News just said the shooter was actually shooting at aviation fuel tanks that were near the concert venue (which is across the street from the airport I believe). If he hits those he creates a massive bomb.

Wow.
DirtyMikesBoys
AG
The only known real estate investment is an apartment complex in Texas that his brother said he took lower rents on because they wanted good renters and he was a good guy. It's the only one that shows up on the background report I've seen rolling around too. Despite this he was apparently loaded, and he was responsible for making his mother and brother Eric wealthy, per Eric himself.

Doesn't add up at all.
bmks270
AG
who?mikejones said:

Blahhead said:

Well, show me the pictures

Fox did not confirm, they stated they haven't confirmed it but that it was reported by a local news paper that claimed to have confirmed it.
Premium
AG
He was watching a few too many Steven Segal movies shooting those tanks.
Rapier108
Blahhead said:

Fuel tanks at airports are underground.

That said, shooting tanks with jet fuel is highly unlikely to cause an explosion or even an ignition. Jet fuel is formulated to be difficult to ignite and unless aerosolized, virtually impossible to detonate.

Now, if you had incendiary rounds it might start a fire.

Edit: On Google Earth there are two tanks visible above ground within his line of fire. Now, whether he was actually targeting them or it was simply stray rounds is the question.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
First Page Last Page
Page 73 of 140

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.