Shooting in Las Vegas

884,375 Views | 4892 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BMX Bandit
JTrainsBabyCousin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
usmcbrooks said:

Ag In Ok said:

What type of rifle is that over his left foot?

Looks like another AR platform. Notice the stack of mags by the column?
Wonder how many mags he went through.
Wizard
What is that long blue tube on the floor?
What is they next to the roll of tape on that table?
byfLuger41
ABATTBQ11
AG
JTrainsBabyCousin said:

usmcbrooks said:

Ag In Ok said:

Too many, but at least he didn't get through the stack he had next to that column.
The Debt
Wizard said:

What will happen with all the weapons involved in the attack?
They will be questioned for their involvement and do time. Once they pay their debt to society they are free to walk around and kill again.
Ag In Ok
AG
Yup. He stopped apparently. Thank God he did.
G Martin 87
AG
bmks270 said:

Sarge 91 said:

bmks270 said:

He was wearing gloves.

To me it looks like sleeve of a jacket over his hand and goes underneath his back... seems odd to have a jacket halfway off when he kills himself... position of it seems weird, but it is what it is....
It's a glove. The Instagram pics are slightly brighter, and zooming in reveals it to be a glove. The object underneath his leg looks like another rifle stock.
The Debt
Ag In Ok said:

Yup. He stopped apparently. Thank God he did.
He stopped because the spy cams he set up told him police were coming. What meticulous actions for a guy that 'just snapped"
IDAGG
AG
I read somewhere today that the shooting itself lasted about 9 minutes.

Edit to add:

Quote:

Lombardo said today, "We received the call at 10:08 p.m. The best of our estimates... he continued to fire ... for approximately nine minutes."
http://abcnews.go.com/US/las-vegas-massacre/story?id=50246458
bmks270
AG
FOX reporting... $1500-3000 high end AR-10s and AR-15s... all the accessories (scopes, etc.) and guns he had in the room total over $100,000... said gun purchases go back 3 months.

Ag In Ok
AG
Yes. I don't he was shooting for the hour plus
The Debt
bmks270 said:

FOX reporting... $1500-3000 high end AR-10s and AR-15s... all the accessories (scopes, etc.) and guns he had in the room total over $100,000... said gun purchases go back 3 months.
LIES!!! He had gambling debt!!
WestAustinAg
AG
DifferenceMaker Ag said:

Marcus Aurelius said:

From Pol

"The LVMPD knows the motive behind the attack, but the FBI will not allow us to release the motive because it implicates the FBI in illegal arms deals and supplying arms to ISIS terrorists within U.S. borders.

Stephen Paddock was an undercover FBI agent who participated in multiple illegal arms deals in the Las Vegas area in a gun running entrapment scheme similar to Fast and Furious. Paddock thought he was engaging in another routine arms transfer, but ISIS had learned about the entrapment scheme and Paddock's true identity. They killed him and carried out the massacre, and then fled the scene.

Everything is being kept under extreme wraps because 1) armed ISIS terrorists are still at large and 2) this is very embarrassing to the FBI and they don't want their scheme to become public knowledge.

I will be posting further information throughout the day, people within LVMP are disgusted and are pushing for this information to be released to the public."

FWIW. Not out of the realm of possibility.
So did ISIS wipe down all of the guns and replace his fingerprints all over them? Did ISIS use their invisibility cloaks for the hotel cameras and also to elude the police in the hallway and all over the entire hotel to escape unnoticed. Does ISIS often request enormous magazines and bump stocks on the guns that they purchase? This is just barely scratching the surface on the 80 foot layer of BS in this story.
He's wearing gloves...so no fingerprints.
AggiePetro07
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

I agree, if he wasn't using tracers at that distance IN THE DARK to spot the fall of the rounds, he would have to have sighted in and practiced with the setups to be confident he was getting on target or close. We are talking feet of drop at the distances he was shooting, which would be darn hard to correct for in the dark...

Any ranges in the area with long distance options? Like 500 or 1000 yards? He might have gone there before.

Just going off memory here, but zeroed at 100 with XM193 drop is only 24-30" at 400 yards.
usmcbrooks
bmks270 said:

I can believe that, those are high end AR's, possibly Danny D's or LT's....definitely not DPMS.
usmcbrooks
WestAustinAg said:

DifferenceMaker Ag said:

Marcus Aurelius said:

From Pol

"The LVMPD knows the motive behind the attack, but the FBI will not allow us to release the motive because it implicates the FBI in illegal arms deals and supplying arms to ISIS terrorists within U.S. borders.

Stephen Paddock was an undercover FBI agent who participated in multiple illegal arms deals in the Las Vegas area in a gun running entrapment scheme similar to Fast and Furious. Paddock thought he was engaging in another routine arms transfer, but ISIS had learned about the entrapment scheme and Paddock's true identity. They killed him and carried out the massacre, and then fled the scene.

Everything is being kept under extreme wraps because 1) armed ISIS terrorists are still at large and 2) this is very embarrassing to the FBI and they don't want their scheme to become public knowledge.

I will be posting further information throughout the day, people within LVMP are disgusted and are pushing for this information to be released to the public."

FWIW. Not out of the realm of possibility.
So did ISIS wipe down all of the guns and replace his fingerprints all over them? Did ISIS use their invisibility cloaks for the hotel cameras and also to elude the police in the hallway and all over the entire hotel to escape unnoticed. Does ISIS often request enormous magazines and bump stocks on the guns that they purchase? This is just barely scratching the surface on the 80 foot layer of BS in this story.
He's wearing gloves...so no fingerprints.

Why would we care about fingerprints if his plan was to nibble on a barrel?
FriscoKid
AG
Because he doesn't think this guy did it.
MW03
AG
That picture is fascinating. It looks like he pushed the club chairs together. Maybe he had the rifles loaded and stacked there, and he was just switching guns. Run one empty, pick up the next and keep going. What a ****ing psychopath.
Lot Y Tailgate
AG
bmks270 said:

Hasn't the DD5 been sold out for like two years?
Mort Rainey
https://squawker.org/politics/4chanvegas/

Someone on 4chan called this weeks ago. Maybe there's more to this than we think...
usmcbrooks
JTrainsBabyCousin said:

usmcbrooks said:

Ag In Ok said:

And how did that weapon end up placed over his leg?

Edit to add my conspiracy theory:

Why nibble on the barrel? If I'm going to off myself after something like this, I'm going under the chin or the temple with a high caliber handgun (maybe a Judge) so I'm not easily recognized. Better yet, I'm setting up a kill box and going heavy against anybody who comes through that front door.
And that front door is damn sure going to be booby trapped.
Wizard
GeorgePlimpton said:

Someone on 4chan called this weeks ago. Maybe there's more to this than we think...

4chan is hell on earth
StEdsCOOG
What confuses me about the suicide pic is where the gun is located. There is a blood trail that goes from the gun to the body and across his shirt to the chest area. Is that not a gun shot wound to the chest?
Mort Rainey
Wizard said:

GeorgePlimpton said:

4chan is hell on earth
And yet...
White Liberals=The Worst
usmcbrooks said:

JTrainsBabyCousin said:

usmcbrooks said:

Ag In Ok said:

This stood out to me as well. Seems very odd, but there could very easily be a reasonable explanation.
usmcbrooks
StEdsCOOG said:

What confuses me about the suicide pic is where the gun is located. There is a blood trail that goes from the gun to the body and across his shirt to the chest area. Is that not a gun shot wound to the chest?

Nice catch, but look at his eyes, he definitely took one in the mouth.
bmks270
AG
Wycliffe_03 said:

usmcbrooks said:

JTrainsBabyCousin said:

usmcbrooks said:

Ag In Ok said:

This stood out to me as well. Seems very odd, but there could very easily be a reasonable explanation.
it's on a bipod....
Betoisafurry
I believe he popped himself with a revolver if the news reported that correctly yesterday
AggiePetro07
AG
After he fell he could have easily knocked it off the couch or maybe it was leaned up on the couch and he kicked it.
FbgTxAg
usmcbrooks
Wycliffe_03 said:

usmcbrooks said:

JTrainsBabyCousin said:

usmcbrooks said:

Ag In Ok said:

Kick the handgun away from the perp but leave the rifle? Investigators don't usually move things until the scene has been completely processed.
oldarmy1
AG

usmcbrooks
AggiePetro07 said:

After he fell he could have easily knocked it off the couch or maybe it was leaned up on the couch and he kicked it.

And it landed perfectly on the bipod across his body?
libertyag
AG
IDAGG said:

I read somewhere today that the shooting itself lasted about 9 minutes.

Edit to add:

Quote:

Lombardo said today, "We received the call at 10:08 p.m. The best of our estimates... he continued to fire ... for approximately nine minutes."
http://abcnews.go.com/US/las-vegas-massacre/story?id=50246458
I had asked earlier about how long he was firing the weapons. Thanks for the information. Wonder why he didn't try to escape? I suppose he booked the room in his name and if so, escape would have done him little good. If he planned on suicide by cop, he would have confronted them to have that happen. If he planned of offing himself, then wonder why he didn't after the 9 minutes.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

he fell flat like that?

i've seen suicide videos and the people i have seen crumpled into an awkward blob, they did not fall flat backwards.

entirely possible still i suppose.
First Page Last Page
Page 52 of 140

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.