Shooting in Las Vegas

882,892 Views | 4892 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BMX Bandit
Urban Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

Urban Ag said:

It was reported that they told him through the headset to get off the stage, so I assume yes, they can communicate with him
He likely had ear monitors on and could only hear the music and nothing else. How would you react if your manager or stage crew said "We are hearing gunshots out here, get off stage!"
I'd haul ass
scottimus
AG
Urban Ag said:

BadMoonRisin said:

Urban Ag said:

It was reported that they told him through the headset to get off the stage, so I assume yes, they can communicate with him
He likely had ear monitors on and could only hear the music and nothing else. How would you react if your manager or stage crew said "We are hearing gunshots out here, get off stage!"
I'd haul ass

Yeah with that stage set up and lights. He prolly couldn't hear or see anything in front of him.
Suppose I was an idiot. Suppose I was a member of congress. But, I repeat myself.
CanyonAg77
AG
Blahhead said:

I never really cared for Jason Aldean and this moment doesn't move the needle either way. However, a lot of people are calling him out for not at least warning the crowd before running away. Any comments on this aspect?
As others said, what could he have said that would have saved lives? Any panicked comment would have caused stampeding and trampling.

Along the same lines, what do you do if you're the lighting guy? Turning on the house lights gives the shooter easier targets. But leaving them off makes it harder for innocents to escape and likely means more people trampled.

Tough choice. I don't know which I would do.
backintexas2013
AG
What??
swimmerbabe11
cone said:

Quote:

Institionalization reform wouldn't have changed anything here, but it is something that our country desperately needs.
i won't disagree on that

but the mental health and gun control back and forth are just farce for something like this

this is price you pay for progress in a free society. for technology.

I'm just saying if you want a kneejerk political response... why go for the guns and not for the people pulling the trigger? Because empathy is much harder than control.

I wasn't saying kneejerk policy is a good thing. I don't think that at all.
Urban Ag
AG
You guys are getting too wrapped around the "over-heating". My friend has a registered M16 lower and we've pounded 2-300 rounds through pretty standard grade uppers without malfunction. He put a SAW upper kit on it this summer and we ran 500 linked rounds without over-heating.

Plus they are saying he had 10 rifles in the room. He probably changed weapons. Who knows.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

Blahhead said:

I never really cared for Jason Aldean and this moment doesn't move the needle either way. However, a lot of people are calling him out for not at least warning the crowd before running away. Any comments on this aspect?
As others said, what could he have said that would have saved lives? Any panicked comment would have caused stampeding and trampling.

Along the same lines, what do you do if you're the lighting guy? Turning on the house lights gives the shooter easier targets. But leaving them off makes it harder for innocents to escape and likely means more people trampled.

hindsight of course but.....

A. if possible turn and aim bright lights at the shooter. blind him if possible. make him have to shoot the lights out - if he has the capability....

B....get the hell away from the lights.

Aggies1322
AG
BernArnold said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Blahhead said:

hindsight of course but.....

A. if possible turn and aim bright lights at the shooter. blind him if possible. make him have to shoot the lights out - if he has the capability....

B....get the hell away from the lights.

This isn't a movie tho..
CanyonAg77
AG
Presley OBannons Sword
swimmerbabe11 said:

cone said:

Quote:

Institionalization reform wouldn't have changed anything here, but it is something that our country desperately needs.
i won't disagree on that

but the mental health and gun control back and forth are just farce for something like this

this is price you pay for progress in a free society. for technology.

I'm just saying if you want a kneejerk political response... why go for the guns and not for the people pulling the trigger? Because empathy is much harder than control.

I wasn't saying kneejerk policy is a good thing. I don't think that at all.
because the political agenda isn't mental health. it's a disarmed populace. I thought the answer was obvious.
agsalaska
AG
Want to listen to something tough, go to liveleak and listen to the real time police scanner.
Rapier108
CanyonAg77 said:

Still dumber than dirt.

And who the flip is he and why should I care?
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
CanyonAg77
AG
Rapier108 said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Still dumber than dirt.

What's wrong with you that you don't worship at the altar of some two bit actor?
Joe Exotic
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

I'll be interested to see how he explains Chicago.
Rapier108
The "expert" on Hannity is a class one idiot.

He is claiming that drum magazines are totally illegal in the US without a "military permit." And of course he calls them "clips."
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Presley OBannons Sword
CanyonAg77 said:

Rapier108 said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Still dumber than dirt.

What's wrong with you that you don't worship at the altar of some two bit actor?
he was in starship troopers 3, give him a little credit at least
NAP Violator

Skip to 47 seconds, that sounds really similar to the gun the guy used. That's a damn serious weapon if so.
AggiePetro07
AG
****, that's an expert to anyone in the NE.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Bayside Tiger Ag said:

CanyonAg77 said:

or 600K abortions per year in US.

scottimus
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

Has he ever talked about car crash statistics?
Suppose I was an idiot. Suppose I was a member of congress. But, I repeat myself.
wbt5845
AG
If I'd known this phrase triggered liberals so much, I'd have used it much sooner.....

Thought and Prayers to all the victims of this tragedy.
Presley OBannons Sword
NAP Violator said:

Skip to 47 seconds, that sounds really similar to the gun the guy used. That's a damn serious weapon if so.
it's got to be next to impossible to get your hands on a 240 without serious, serious money.
scottimus
AG
Urban Ag said:

You guys are getting too wrapped around the "over-heating". My friend has a registered M16 lower and we've pounded 2-300 rounds through pretty standard grade uppers without malfunction. He put a SAW upper kit on it this summer and we ran 500 linked rounds without over-heating.

Plus they are saying he had 10 rifles in the room. He probably changed weapons. Who knows.

I almost think he was expecting company. Or had company?
Urban Ag
AG
Rapier108 said:

He is claiming that drum magazines are totally illegal in the US without a "military permit." And of course he calls them "clips."
You don't have a military permit? Haha. I do. I keep it right here next to my Texas Gun Permit, my Rhodesian passport, and my collection of "sticky bombs" (they're bombs that stick, you can look it up in the field manual).
NAP Violator
Presley OBannons Sword said:

NAP Violator said:

it's got to be next to impossible to get your hands on a 240 without serious, serious money.
That's what I was thinking. That is not remotely a cheap weapon. Of course if you're willing to spend everything you own and prepared to die, money may not be much of a factor.

Edit - Do we know anything about the shooter's weapon yet?
MouthBQ98
AG
That guy needs to look into inner city gang violence and crime if he wants to eliminate about 3/4 of those murders.
Rapier108
Quote:

Edit - Do we know anything about the shooter's weapon yet?
Nothing concrete. Fox News says earlier that it was 3 illegally modified AR-15s, but of course to a journalist, everything is either an AR or AK.
Very Tolerant Nice Guy
Urban Ag said:

Rapier108 said:

You don't have a military permit? Haha. I do. I keep it right here next to my Texas Gun Permit, my Rhodesian passport, and my collection of "sticky bombs" (they're bombs that stick, you can look it up in the field manual).
it's a stick-e-bomb
agsalaska
AG
On th police scanner you can hear a cop alerting whoever was listening that there were people fleeing onto the runways.
Bobcat06
AG
Bayside Tiger Ag said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Baffled by number of gun related deaths, yet supports BLM
Demosthenes81
AG
Very Tolerant Nice Guy said:

Urban Ag said:

Rapier108 said:

it's a stick-e-bomb
Sold exclusively at Bucc-ees
Seven and three are ten, not only now, but forever. There has never been a time when seven and three were not ten, nor will there ever be a time when they are not ten. Therefore, I have said that the truth of number is incorruptible and common to all who think. — St. Augustine
mjfrog
AG
Negative. But there's enough movie/spy novel drama to give this scenario a legitimate consideration.
Long Live Sully
AG
I just read that it was 72 minutes from the first shots until the police breached the room.

That is stunning to me.
Cow Hop Ag and Bayside both say they are conservatives.
Bayside admits to being pro choice.
Bayside calls Cow Hop Ag a liberal because he's a moral man.

/ Charpie 4-13-18
Clavell
AG
http://fortune.com/2017/10/02/las-vegas-shooting-police-found-shooter/

Where are seeing 72 minutes? This one says less than 20 minutes.
OnlyForNow
AG
72? Everything I've heard has been 10 - 15 minutes.
First Page Last Page
Page 28 of 140

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.