Shooting in Las Vegas

883,026 Views | 4892 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BMX Bandit
PhatMack19
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There are more video cameras and security in Vegas than almost anywhere in the world. They should be able to trace nearly every step the shooter took over the last 4 Days pretty quickly.
ballchain
AggieHank86
AG
aTmAg said:

AggieHank86 said:

There is an ENTIRE THREAD about Hillary's stupidity.
One thread cannot contain that much stupidity.
but if all of it were contained in one location, just imagine how quickly it would reach critical mass.
MooreTrucker
AG
Bobcat06 said:

cone said:

something doesn't add up

the brother says the shooter wasn't a gun guy as far as he knew. no military background.

but he's armed to the teeth and at the very least modded a bunch of semi-auto rifles, set up cameras, scouted vantage points, transported the guns, and reloaded large mags with no problems or major interuption

so something is missing here
This

The amount of prep for an attack like this would have taken months. Where did he get the training to modify guns and set up camera systems if he wasn't in the military?

Also, what was with the girl warning people at the concert that they were going to die? I thought his girlfriend (who had to be aware of his prep work) was out of the country. Was there someone else who was also knowledgeable? If so, why didn't they tell the police?
I missed this. WTF?
agsalaska
AG
cone said:

true

but you typically know if someone is a "gun guy"

i.e. the type of guy who can and would mod an AK

that's just my assumption

I keep seeing this. How do we know it was modified? Are we assuming it was modified or something. Cause that ain't really easy.

There are millions and millions of fully automatic AK 47s in this world.
cone
AG
i mean, you can make the case to me that you can get all that info from youtube

but the will power and discipline. even a not-so-close brother would notice something like that.

the planning is very strange.
ABATTBQ11
AG
cone said:

something doesn't add up

the brother says the shooter wasn't a gun guy as far as he knew. no military background.

but he's armed to the teeth and at the very least modded a bunch of semi-auto rifles, set up cameras, scouted vantage points, transported the guns, and reloaded large mags with no problems or major interuption

He set up cameras?
ballchain
Kenneth_2003
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

cone said:

something doesn't add up

He set up cameras?
Yes. Within his hotel room i've heard. He knew when the police were at his door and it's suspected that's when he took his own life.
cone
AG
i only list that because getting a fully auto AK would be much much more difficult (i.e. expensive) in my mind than using a semi-auto AK bump fire

it's clearly possible, but not at all practical. and that's go to be considered in the likelihood.
cone
AG
that's staggering

how many rounds did he get off
ABATTBQ11
AG
Kenneth_2003 said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

cone said:

something doesn't add up

He set up cameras?
Yes. Within his hotel room i've heard. He knew when the police were at his door and it's suspected that's when he took his own life.

I hope he's burning in hell now
ballchain
SeattleAgJr
Paddock's father was a serial bank robber who was 'diagnosed as psychopathic' and spent eight years on the FBI Most Wanted list after escaping prison

Paddock was also the son of Benjamin Hoskins Paddock, a serial bank robber who ended up on the FBI Most Wanted list back in 1969 when he escaped from federal prison in Texas while serving a 20 years sentence.
The FBI kept him on the list for the next eight years, and he was eventually found one year after he was removed from the list in 1978 while outside an Oregon Bingo hall.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4940918/Details-Las-Vegas-shooting-suspect-Stephen-Paddock.html#ixzz4uMl83KGg
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

cone
AG
this is a conspiracy theorist's dream
crowman2010
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

Paddock's father was a serial bank robber who was 'diagnosed as psychopathic' and spent eight years on the FBI Most Wanted list after escaping prison

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4940918/Details-Las-Vegas-shooting-suspect-Stephen-Paddock.html#ixzz4uMks70pM

dafuq?!
Owner - Mosquito and Pest Authority | www.bugsbite.com
ballchain
agsalaska
AG
cone said:

i only list that because getting a fully auto AK would be much much more difficult (i.e. expensive) in my mind than using a semi-auto AK bump fire

it's clearly possible, but not at all practical. and that's go to be considered in the likelihood.

Considered sure but not fact yet. And I am not sure I agree with you that it would be easier either. Like I said there are tens of millions of full auto AKs in this world. Any conversion, even converted to slam fire, is pretty difficult.
Bobcat06
AG
"You're all going to die!"

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/861252/Las-Vegas-shooting-latest-news-Mandalay-Bay-Route-91-Marilou-Danley

cameras set up to see police arriving

http://heavy.com/news/2017/10/mandalay-bay-active-shooter-video-photo-las-vegas-strip-terror-terrorist-attack-death/
cone
AG
also curious as to the square footage of the ground that came under fire

did he have the discipline to shoot as wide as possible or did he tunnel?
TexasAggie_02
AG
Bobcat06 said:

cone said:

something doesn't add up

This

The amount of prep for an attack like this would have taken months. Where did he get the training to modify guns and set up camera systems if he wasn't in the military?

Also, what was with the girl warning people at the concert that they were going to die? I thought his girlfriend (who had to be aware of his prep work) was out of the country. Was there someone else who was also knowledgeable? If so, why didn't they tell the police?
you don't need military training to set up a go pro/webcam.
aTmAg
AG
AggieHank86 said:

aTmAg said:

AggieHank86 said:

There is an ENTIRE THREAD about Hillary's stupidity.
One thread cannot contain that much stupidity.
but if all of it were contained in one location, just imagine how quickly it would reach critical mass.
It might suck the entire solar system into it. That's why we cannot risk putting it all in a single thread.
IDAGG
AG
crowman2010 said:

SeattleAgJr said:

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4940918/Details-Las-Vegas-shooting-suspect-Stephen-Paddock.html#ixzz4uMks70pM

dafuq?!
Crazy is an inherited trait sometimes. Not 100% but there is a greater likelihood of being nuts if one of your parents were nuts. Nuts being professional jargon.
Kenneth_2003
AG
agsalaska said:

cone said:

true

I keep seeing this. How do we know it was modified? Are we assuming it was modified or something. Cause that ain't really easy.

I've always been under the impression that the necessary modifications aren't really all that hard if you know what you're doing. I know my way around firearms fairly well (no expert by any stretch), but there are things like this that I'm just not going to Google.

In the end though, all you're doing is making a change to the relationship between a couple of metal parts within the trigger and sear assembly.
aggiehawg
AG
cone said:

that's staggering

Was wondering the same. 58-59 mortally wounded and over 500 injured, even if not all of the injuries were GSWs is a lot. I understand it was a crowd but that is accurate shooting. What was the duration of the entire event?
pdc093
ballchain said:

FBI - No evidence of connection to international terrorist group at this point, but going to continue investigating.

Quote:

CAIRO (Reuters) - Islamic State has claimed responsibility for a shooting that killed at least 50 people and wounded over 400 in Las Vegas early on Monday, and said the attacker had converted to Islam a few months ago.

"The Las Vegas attack was carried out by a soldier of the Islamic State and he carried it out in response to calls to target states of the coalition," the group's news agency Amaq said in reference to the U.S.-led coalition fighting the group in the Middle East.

"The Las Vegas attacker converted to Islam a few months ago," Amaq added.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-lasvegas-shooting-islamic-state/islamic-state-claims-las-vegas-shooting-says-attacker-recent-convert-to-islam-idUSKCN1C71SP

Far fetched. But still...sick bastages.
Presley OBannons Sword
Kenneth_2003 said:

agsalaska said:

cone said:

true

I've always been under the impression that the necessary modifications aren't really all that hard if you know what you're doing. I know my way around firearms fairly well (no expert by any stretch), but there are things like this that I'm just not going to Google.

In the end though, all you're doing is making a change to the relationship between a couple of metal parts within the trigger and sear assembly.
nothing is hard if you know what you're doing.
cone
AG
Quote:

Like I said there are tens of millions of full auto AKs in this world.
won't disagree

just trying to understand how you'd get one here. into this bro's hands.

if he wasn't a gun guy and sitting on a pre-1986 arsenal.
NAP Violator
TexasAggie_02 said:

Bobcat06 said:

cone said:

something doesn't add up

This

you don't need military training to set up a go pro/webcam.
No, but it's clear this guy was very well prepared and had been planning this for a while. This wasn't just some oneoff action. He clearly either had time to buy or modify full auto weapons, which takes a lot of time.
ballchain
Kenneth_2003
AG
You modify the trigger on an off the shelf model.

Not related... But kinda maybe...
Does anyone know/recall if the Branch Davidians weapons were legally owned and papered pre86 weapons or were they modified?
WestAustinAg
AG
Why are there broken windows on same floor probably 60 or more feet from each other? Did he have a suite taht extended that length or is one window not from his room (possibly shot out from law enforcement)? It looks like the left window isn't actually a room window...just glass covering a wall.
cone
AG
i agree

that's the practical way. the cost effective way.
aggiehawg
AG
WestAustinAg said:

Why are there broken windows on same floor probably 60 or more feet from each other? Did he have a suite taht extended that length or is one window not from his room (possibly shot out from law enforcement)? It looks like the left window isn't actually a room window...just glass covering a wall.
Corner suite. Same room is what I understand.
Bobcat06
AG
aggiehawg said:

cone said:

that's staggering

Was wondering the same. 58-59 mortally wounded and over 500 injured, even if not all of the injuries were GSWs is a lot. I understand it was a crowd but that is accurate shooting. What was the duration of the entire event?
Around 15 minutes.

With around 600 casualties (dead + wounded), that's 40 hits per minutes. Assuming he hit some victims twice and also missed some, that's still very accurate.

He had training.
First Page Last Page
Page 16 of 140

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.