Shooting in Las Vegas

882,725 Views | 4892 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BMX Bandit
No Bat Soup For You
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bjork said:

Madman said:

/Pol reporting he belonged to anti trump groups and was a registered pedo just like the repub baseball practice shooter.
Why are people staring this?

4chan are idiots. Here's your pedo suspect: http://www.granthamjournal.co.uk/news/crime/grantham-man-jailed-after-downloading-indecent-images-1-4075911

He's British.

That article says hes 45.
scottimus
AG
Just one man. Jk it's a Varsity Blues quote.
Suppose I was an idiot. Suppose I was a member of congress. But, I repeat myself.
Presley OBannons Sword
posts disappearing like crazy
scottimus
AG
What do you mean?
Suppose I was an idiot. Suppose I was a member of congress. But, I repeat myself.
amercer
AG
Presley OBannons Sword said:

wxguy95 said:

PDEMDHC said:

Any reports as to a motive? Did not see anything.

This was a guy living the good life in a retirement community with a golf course.

His motive is he is insane.

It wasn't because he was a neo-con or a neo-lib. It wasn't because Trump did something or Obama did something. His belief system to justify this doesn't make yours less or more credible because of what side of the fence he thought he was on.

He was insane and detached from reality.
I think it is unwise to label all of the people who do these kinds of things as insane. I think these acts are a direct result of radicalization on all sides, be it left wing mainstream media, right wing bloggers, or Islam. Everyone is being intentionally pitted against everyone else, and to blame insanity is a cop-out. Just one man's opinion. Jonathan Moxon is just one man.

Some people are actually paranoid schizophrenics. Generally they don't have thier **** together enough to plan and execute something like this though.
Oogway
Perhaps, but if this is a domestic breakup situation, sometimes the "motivation' is to recapture a sense of power in the face of powerlessness (you cannot control how a person feels about you) and the perception of choices.
Those feelings of loss and lack of options can create a pretty turbulent mind. I don't know the situation and like others will wait for more news, but this is a tragedy no matter what the reasons.
Rossticus
wxguy95 said:

PDEMDHC said:

This was a guy living the good life in a retirement community with a golf course.

It wasn't because he was a neo-con or a neo-lib. It wasn't because Trump did something or Obama did something. His belief system to justify this doesn't make yours less or more credible because of what side of the fence he thought he was on.

Any ******* who executes an act like this has a serious mental defect, regardless of what twisted belief they use as justification. Muslim extremists have been sick enough to recruit nutbags and feed them religion as justification. God help us if anybody ever figured out a way to organize something on that scale in the US if a crazy ass lone wolf can pull off something like this. F@ck. *****s that do things like this should receive exemption from protections against cruel and unusual punishment.
backintexas2013
AG
Looks like he committed it with another girl. No real info on her yet. That's a big missing piece.
cone
AG
bingo

but don't worry. we'll use conspiracy theory to make it work nicely in our heads.
scottimus
AG
That lady has been cleared they were lookin for.
tx4guns
AG
Former Sheriff just said the shooter owned a pool store in LV. He's known in the community.
TxTarpon

Quote:

Multiple shooters too.
Wrong.

Quote:

Sounds like the work of the usual suspects
Old white guys?

Very sad.
T&P to everyone there.
----------------------------------
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

A man with experience is not at the mercy of another man with an opinion.
scottimus
AG
I listened to the cycling of the weapon.

Lots of deceleration in the shooting cycle.

Too much to think it was select fire.

I almost want to say bump stock?
ttu_85
rasher said:

People are really going to struggle with this if they can't slot it into a political motivational and dismiss it thusly.

News flash - some people are just evil because of evil.

Just horrible.
So true. The biggest example of this is Dyan Roof, a typical loner, idiot, nutjob that hated people only because of their skin color. They found him in a picture with a Confederate flag and the Main stream Media, MSM, declared a propaganda war on a region, a people, etc all because of a sick freak.

This has been going on for years and its reaching a boiling point.
TxTarpon
Why did they pixel the person of interest in that photo?
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

Carlo4
AG
wxguy95 said:

PDEMDHC said:

Wasn't even implying politics. Didn't know if there was a bad divorce or he had a family member pass away.
AggieUSMC
AG
Cue the cries for gun control in 3......2.....1.....
cone
AG
this thing is fraught largely because of the lack of comfortable narrative

the fever swamps usually fight for control in these instances and it goes completely off the rails
Love Gun
scottimus said:

I listened to the cycling of the weapon.

Lots of deceleration in the shooting cycle.

Too much to think it was select fire.

I almost want to say bump stock?

I agree. The sound is definitely not a weapon that was manufactured to spray full auto. Also, the massive dump of ammo without interruption leads me to believe it was a drum mag.
Rapier108
AggieUSMC said:

Cue the cries for gun control in 3......2.....1.....
Already started hours ago.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
MouthBQ98
AG
Took a lot of planning and investment on the part of the shooter. I would suspect mental illness, schizophrenia or other disorder.
Love Gun
TxTarpon said:

Why did they pixel the person of interest in that photo?

No idea
GE
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

Took a lot of planning and investment on the part of the shooter. I would suspect mental illness, schizophrenia or other disorder.
Could just be a warped worldview.
Cy_Tolliver
Sure, everyone wants to look for a motive. I don't think "he's just crazy" is accurate either - even crazy people have motives. The motive may be that he saw three headed dogs launching an attack and he thought he was fighting them off, but that's still a motive. This guy may be BSC but he could have been manipulated by someone else or had some irrational motive we don't know yet.

Wizard
Let's all take a moment and pray for the victims and those out there contemplating doing something such as this.
backintexas2013
AG
scottimus said:

That lady has been cleared they were lookin for.

Wow that's interesting. They were on her from the beginning. That's weird.
Muy
AG
Prepare for the left leaders to scream about gun control, and how the language of Trump has led to such hateful divisiveness in this country.
TxTarpon
dude you ain't even close

-BarronVonAwesome

cone
AG
definitely drum mag
MouthBQ98
AG
Still requires a psychopathic personality.
Muy
AG
We listened to this concert on The Highway to and from College Station this weekend. Those poor poor people.
bjork
Demon 8 said:

bjork said:

Madman said:

/Pol reporting he belonged to anti trump groups and was a registered pedo just like the repub baseball practice shooter.

4chan are idiots. Here's your pedo suspect: http://www.granthamjournal.co.uk/news/crime/grantham-man-jailed-after-downloading-indecent-images-1-4075911

He's British.

Uh, no. Did you even bother reading that article?

45 years old in 2012 =/= 64 years old in 2017
Did you even bother reading my comment?

Let me help you:
Quote:

Quote:

4chan are idiots.
Quote:

He's British.
What about those comments makes you think I agree with the /Pol theory?
Matilda
AG
Tons of posts early on this thread accusing Muslims of the attack before the shooter was identified.
scottimus
AG
Killer commited suicide as police broke through.
Muy
AG
scottimus said:

Killer commited suicide as police broke through.

Coward
First Page Last Page
Page 6 of 140

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.