Shooting in Las Vegas

883,814 Views | 4892 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BMX Bandit
Premium
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
azulAg said:

what political motive could it be ?

why don't you come up with a list of the possibilities?

I'll start.

1. Crazy white male
2. Recent ISIS convert or tool
3. Antifa type, hates conservatives
4. FBI gun running program gone awry
5. Other government conspiracy?
6. It wasn't him, he was framed
7. It was him, but he was being blackmailed
captkirk
AG
He was a Bernie Bro. Make book on it.
Rapier108
Lots of libs on various sites and social media think he was a white supremacist because he may have been planning to attack a hip-hop concert instead, but couldn't get the room he wanted.

They're hoping he pledged his loyalty to Trump and said he was doing it for him.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Urban Ag
AG
Olag00 said:

apparently the police have reviewed the video footage of gunman and they do have the motive and they are being told it is politically motivated. This is all unconfirmed and they are withholding the footage due to investigative leads.

Fox news
Yeah I just saw that segment too. Tend to believe exactly what that guy said and it also aligns with the other LEO in the interview yesterday that pretty plainly stated they knew the motive. Even Trump confirmed in an interview they knew. That guy on FNC also indicated that the feds were really concerned about the impact.

Oh and the other thing I heard this evening (and maybe this is already old news) is that Paddock purchased all of these weapons starting back in October. Could this have been nearly a year in the making?
Urban Ag
AG
azulAg said:

that's the thing. All the intertron sleuths in the world haven't uncovered squat on this guy's politics, if he had any.

There is nothing making me think he leaned one way or the other and find islamic radicalization possible but far fetched.
cbr
AG
Rapier108 said:

Lots of libs on various sites and social media think he was a white supremacist because he may have been planning to attack a hip-hop concert instead, but couldn't get the room he wanted.

They're hoping he pledged his loyalty to Trump and said he was doing it for him.
1. you dont shoot up a country music festival full of people wearing the stars and stripes if you are doing it for trump.

2. if it is true that he had made and aborted an attempt on a hip hop concert then that proves that there was a carefully considered motive, that was not political, and he was not just doing a random act of crazy violence. There was a goal.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

The brother seemed pretty convincing that he was just as dumbfounded as the rest of us and is still trying to process what happened.

It is funny though that, being so shocked that his brother would do this, he was so adamant about no one could have worked with him and he had to have done this on his own. Seems to me, if a family member I loved had done something so horrific, I would have been open to someone else somehow getting to them and brainwashing them or something to get them to do it. I wouldn't say "no he did this alone, he is a private guy".
I can totally identify with the brother being interviewed.

I have a brother that is prone to doing stupid stuff. My brother doesn't like to work with people, and is not a "team player" at all. In all seriousness, he's got like one friend besides his wife. So, when he does dumb things, he never hurts anybody else, just himself. I think that's kind of what the guy being interviewed is saying. That his brother (the perpetrator) never wanted to depend on anyone else. Would never let anybody else help him - except on his terms - i.e. paying a bell boy $100 to carry his bags.
dds08
AG
Dear Lord,

Help our country. Help our people.

Sincerely,
Texas Aggie '08
oneeyedag
Premium said:

azulAg said:

I'll start.

1. Crazy white male

8. He hated the room decor, and knew this would make them change it.
9. He was anti-trump and anti Trump supporters
10. He was anti Jason Alden
11. He was schizophrenic and voices were talking to him
12. He hated whites
13. He hated surf's
14. Big and Rich told him to F off
15. For Manny, guy was right wing nut job.

ANSC Ag
AG
Lib media chickens coming home to roost?
Aggies1322
AG
Rapier108 said:

"White supremacist".... dating an asian..
12Manny
oneeyedag said:

Premium said:

azulAg said:

I'll start.

1. Crazy white male

8. He hated the room decor, and knew this would make them change it.
9. He was anti-trump
10. He was anti Jason Alden
11. He was schizophrenic and voices were talking to him
12. He hated whites
13. He hated surf's
14. Big and Rich told him to F off

Seeing a lot of crazy left-wing crazy motives, but playing devil's advocate here for a moment, what is the likelihood he was a right- wing nut job?

In my opinion, there's not a lot of evidence - so far - to go either way.

Zombie Jon Snow
AG

possibly the motive is one of those start a race war types. that always concerns authorities....but this one doesn't make sense that way really.

seems like he got interrupted and derailed much faster than planned (explosives, cameras, etc.)...perhaps there was a bigger part to the plan that we don't know about.

Maybe he intended to bring down the MB with explosives with all the responders in there and it malfunctioned.

I don't know I just think there was a bigger plan actually.

oneeyedag
Could have been, I'll go back and add that.

But I don't think it adds up to right winger. Optically and steryotypically speaking, lots of those folks attending are right wingers.
Premium
AG
That was # 1 on the list.
Post removed:
by user
bmks270
AG
cbr said:

Rapier108 said:

1. you dont shoot up a country music festival full of people wearing the stars and stripes if you are doing it for trump.

2. if it is true that he had made and aborted an attempt on a hip hop concert then that proves that there was a carefully considered motive, that was not political, and he was not just doing a random act of crazy violence. There was a goal.

Number 2 could just have been scouting work... test run for the country concert to plan how he would move guns into the room, plan how he would set up cameras, pick the location to fire from... lots of stuff he could have been figuring out.
Ervin Burrell
AG
Rapier108 said:

Just like this board is hoping that it's revealed he was a Bernie Bro.
bmks270
AG
The "girlfriend" is just a gold digger, he was her sugar daddy.
LisaMarie
AG
Presser about to start looks like
oneeyedag
This Sheriff has been well beyond good.
Urban Ag
AG
If it turns out he's some Bernie loon, butthurt over Trump, type, this thing blows over like San Bernadino or Orlando. Maybe the bump stock is thrown on the ash heap of NFA history. Who knows.

But if it turns out he's some right wing nutjob, white supremacist, type.......batten down the hatches
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
I've thought for a couple of days now that maybe he was such an anti gun guy that he did this thinking it would actually have an effect on gun control legislation.

Hence why he had a bazillion guns, mags, etc. but no explosives during the rampage.
TAMUallen
AG
Sheriff seems tired and sorta disconnected
oneeyedag
Urban Ag said:

If it turns out he's some Bernie loon, butthurt over Trump, type, this thing blows over like San Bernadino or Orlando. Maybe the bump stock is thrown on the ash heap of NFA history. Who knows.

But if it turns out he's some right wing nutjob, white supremacist, type.......batten down the hatches

Yep
Olag00
AG
He's about to spill what they know.
Ervin Burrell
AG
Another PC where we get to hear "I can't confirm that" or "I can't comment on that yet."
Rapier108
Anything big would come from the FBI guy who is supposed to speak in a bit.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
oneeyedag
TAMUallen said:

Yeah but I think we all understand why. But thus far he's done well.
Ervin Burrell
AG
TAMUallen said:

Can't imagine why. Almost likes been overworked and stressed the past two days. Odd.
oneeyedag
Disturbed and secret life
oneeyedag
Video recovered but didn't understand where
Rapier108
oneeyedag said:

Video recovered but didn't understand where
"The Ogden" whatever that is.
oneeyedag
Air BNB life is beautiful and ogden
Ervin Burrell
AG
TIL you can rent out hotel rooms via Airbnb
First Page Last Page
Page 69 of 140

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.