Happy Shame Month!

5,763 Views | 88 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Rongagin71
jrico2727
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
kurt vonnegut said:

Dad-O-Lot said:

I wonder if I had started a thread for the purpose of insulting June as a month of devotion to the sacred heart. . . . How many Christians here would have called it out as classless, hateful, or otherwise uncalled for? I would be interested in comparing that number to the number of Christians that called out this thread.

I would say that about already based on most of your posts lately, you clearly have an issue with Christians and our values.
kurt vonnegut
AG
jrico2727 said:

kurt vonnegut said:

Dad-O-Lot said:

I wonder if I had started a thread for the purpose of insulting June as a month of devotion to the sacred heart. . . . How many Christians here would have called it out as classless, hateful, or otherwise uncalled for? I would be interested in comparing that number to the number of Christians that called out this thread.

I would say that about already based on most of your posts lately, you clearly have an issue with Christians and our values.

No issue with Christians. Just with *******s.
Rongagin71
AG
If my best friend was a real estate agent with whom I listed a house for sale next to my house, and the Agent told me that two equally qualified buyers were available... but one claimed to be a good Christian and the other claimed to be a proud Gay...would I flip a coin? I'm neither Christian nor Gay.

No, Sorry Gay supporters, as bad as some Christian's reputation might be, Gay would not be my choice.

A year later, after the Christian turns out to be one of those rare constantly trying to convert me types who often play loud music, I might be sorry. But God only knows what a politically active Gay neighbor might do to Raise Hell...an apprehension that comes largely from what I have seen at Gay Pride Parades rather than the mostly rather mild behavior I have actually observed from Gays and Christians in my real life.
schmendeler
AG
Those damn gays with their expendable income and revitalizing neighborhoods!
Sapper Redux
Gay pride parades were designed from the beginning , in part, to flip the finger at people. They're intended to be serious, fun, and also provocative precisely because of the reaction you claim. And it's illegal to discriminate on that basis.
Beer Baron
AG
How many gay pride parades have you been to? Which cities and in which years?
nortex97
AG
Aggrad08 said:

So we've established that Jesus is super white and gay.
How did we decide that? People can choose to picture Christ however they wish. I mean, there were some clear iconography disputes going back a ways, but people don't really argue about what Christ looked like nowadays.

I do also prefer to envision satan as a weathered Obama like in that movie. It just makes a lot of sense to me, but some disagree, which is fine.

Seeking to give christ an unbiblical sexual orientation is just more projection for some, but whatever. The GLBTQ-furry-plus community loves to attack Christians, institutionally and otherwise (see: every major denomination). Denying God's creation/reality leads them to behave this way, I believe.
Rongagin71
AG
Beer Baron said:

I would not touch one with a ten foot pole.
Probably that super white Jesus would go more often than I.
Sapper Redux
Rongagin71 said:

Beer Baron said:

Ah, so you're an expert on critiquing them and LGBT people based on your extensive experience and knowledge.
Sapper Redux
nortex97 said:

Aggrad08 said:

How did we decide that? People can choose to picture Christ however they wish. I mean, there were some clear iconography disputes going back a ways, but people don't really argue about what Christ looked like nowadays.

I do also prefer to envision satan as a weathered Obama like in that movie. It just makes a lot of sense to me, but some disagree, which is fine.

Seeking to give christ an unbiblical sexual orientation is just more projection for some, but whatever. The GLBTQ-furry-plus community loves to attack Christians, institutionally and otherwise (see: every major denomination). Denying God's creation/reality leads them to behave this way, I believe.

Does believing in God's creation lead you to behave like an ass? Just curious.
Rongagin71
AG
Sapper Redux said:

Rongagin71 said:

Beer Baron said:

Ah, so you're an expert on critiquing them and LGBT people based on your extensive experience and knowledge.

The Saps on the Left tend to spew a lot...kinda like the Christian I discussed earlier that always wanted to to convert me...so yeah, I do have more extensive knowledge than I really want, and without having to actually attend events in person.
Sapper Redux
No you don't.
Aggrad08
AG
nortex97 said:

Aggrad08 said:

First lean to recognize a joke. Second I've literally argued with people on this very board that insisted Jesus was European looking as depicted.

Third, if you can make Jesus take any form you wish, what's the difference in the very effeminate Jesus who's prettier than most of your wives shown often and a Jesus who's gay?

Do you know Jesus' sexual preference? I think the only claim was he was chaste.

Or are you one of those pray the gay away folks?
nortex97
AG

You 'da man, rongagin71!

Seriously, Good Times laughing at this thread, I had to go look for this one.
Rongagin71
AG
Sapper Redux said:

No you don't.
Yes, I do,
nortex97
AG
I've only ever had/have one wife.

Just fyi.

I've never considered comparing her appearance to Jesus.
Sapper Redux
Zobel said:

Duncan Idaho said:

I never understood how the story of the rainbow was supposed to be a good thing. The rainbow, The symbol of god's promise to never AGAIN conduct xenocide by that ONE specific method while knowing full well that he would command and activy conduct numerous acts of genocide.

I always took it as a promise of violence (I killed all y'all once before and I'll do it again, just not by drowning) vs a promise of hope.

The specific call out for water is suspiciously specific. It reminds me of a parent saying "oh you think this is unfair. Just do it again and see what happens."

The rainbow is actually the symbol of a bow. Setting down the bow means making peace. The implication is that mankind was at war with God, and God unilaterally made peace. This is like a fractal representation of the story of the scriptures.
Missed the opportunity to note that the 'bow' in ancient Near Eastern civilizations was a much, much more *ahem* masculine metaphor than "making peace."
BrazosDog02
AG
Rongagin71 said:

If my best friend was a real estate agent with whom I listed a house for sale next to my house, and the Agent told me that two equally qualified buyers were available... but one claimed to be a good Christian and the other claimed to be a proud Gay...would I flip a coin? I'm neither Christian nor Gay.

No, Sorry Gay supporters, as bad as some Christian's reputation might be, Gay would not be my choice.

A year later, after the Christian turns out to be one of those rare constantly trying to convert me types who often play loud music, I might be sorry. But God only knows what a politically active Gay neighbor might do to Raise Hell...an apprehension that comes largely from what I have seen at Gay Pride Parades rather than the mostly rather mild behavior I have actually observed from Gays and Christians in my real life.

Your friend wouldn't telL you that Information if he knew it if he wanted to keep his license. This is why it's illegal for a realtor to disclose Information like that. If they were gay, you wouldn't know unless they told you.
Rongagin71
AG
Yeah, there are lots of things a proper Real Estate Agent keeps private, at least I hope they do...and I'm not going to say something stupid like "prideful things shouldn't be kept secret".

I own my home free and clear so not actually planning to move any time soon, although my son could have to make some decisions about things like that when my heath starts to fail.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.