Happy Shame Month!

5,765 Views | 88 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Rongagin71
Unknown_handle
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The title pretty much sums it up!
Aggie_Swag18
k, cool.
Any man who can hitch the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still know where his towel is, is clearly a man to be reckoned with.
Sapper Redux
I thought that was Lent.
Dad-O-Lot
AG
Sapper Redux
Jesus was gay?
jrico2727
AG
Sapper Redux said:

Jesus was gay?

Yes he is happy, he has a proper understanding of men and women. Also he doesn't support deviant lifestyles.

Funny how Satan mocks God.

He takes a month dedicated to the heart encased by thorns from the hatred of the world, yet still enflamed with the love to save souls of sinners and turns into a celebration of one of the four sins that cry out to heaven.

How do we know this is Satanic? He places his sin, his nature, his calling card as the name. Pride

He then takes a symbol given to recall God's covenant with Noah, and perverts it to spread the vile lies leading so many astray.

Sacred Heart of Jesus have mercy on us

Sapper Redux
Kay.
nortex97
AG
Great post.

I prefer a happier image of Christ, but to each his own.

Beer Baron
AG
Look at all those white people. That picture could've been taken in The Woodlands.
Sapper Redux
Beer Baron said:

Look at all those white people. That picture could've been taken in The Woodlands.
Jesus just needs a Benz in the background.
nortex97
AG
Beer Baron said:

I don't doubt Jesus loves Exxon Mobil. A very faithful workforce.

The watercolor pictures in my Bible as a kid had that kind of image throughout.
Duncan Idaho
I never understood how the story of the rainbow was supposed to be a good thing. The rainbow, The symbol of god's promise to never AGAIN conduct xenocide by that ONE specific method while knowing full well that he would command and activy conduct numerous acts of genocide.

I always took it as a promise of violence (I killed all y'all once before and I'll do it again, just not by drowning) vs a promise of hope.

The specific call out for water is suspiciously specific. It reminds me of a parent saying "oh you think this is unfair. Just do it again and see what happens."
Beer Baron
AG

Quote:

I never understood how the story of the rainbow was supposed to be a good thing. The rainbow, The symbol of god's promise to never AGAIN conduct xenocide by that ONE specific method while knowing full well that he would command and activy conduct numerous acts of genocide.
I agree. This beautiful promise wasn't even a promise not to murder the hell out of all of humanity again, it was just a promise not to do it by drowning again.
schmendeler
AG
What is OP ashamed of?
one MEEN Ag
AG
Beer Baron said:

I believe this is a picture of Aaron Rodgers with a bunch of Packers fans.
Sapper Redux
Beer Baron said:

Quote:

I agree. This beautiful promise wasn't even a promise not to murder the hell out of all of humanity again, it was just a promise not to do it by drowning again.

The sign after he promises never to burn all of humanity alive again should be a hell of a show.

Also, does this mean light didn't separate in a prism before Noah?
Aggrad08
AG
So we've established that Jesus is super white and gay.
Aggrad08
AG
Actually some creationists believe that the flood was the first time it rained. No really.

It's like god suddenly thought up rain and took it way too far.
jrico2727
AG
Aggrad08 said:

Which is why it is so surprising Sapper and the rest of the liberals hate him so much, sounds just like them.
Duncan Idaho
Sapper Redux said:

Beer Baron said:

Quote:

Also, does this mean light didn't separate in a prism before Noah?

Something something about the water canopy.
schmendeler
AG
Oh yes. I remember learning about the dew watering the plants every morning and all this water just chilling up above in the sky.
Sapper Redux
jrico2727 said:

Aggrad08 said:

Which is why it is so surprising Sapper and the rest of the liberals hate him so much, sounds just like them.

Who said I hate Jesus? I don't think he's God. Seems like a pretty cool guy, though.
Duncan Idaho
Aggrad08 said:

Actually some creationists believe that the flood was the first time it rained. No really.

It's like god suddenly thought up rain and took it way too far.

It is actually worse than that. They realize that the amount of water on earth couldn't have been in the atmosphere, so a large portion of it was driven to the surface as the sea floors fell......so this means that God created the earth with a kill switch for when his creation got out of hand. Which since he lives outside of time, he created knowng they would get out of ab and he would have to kill them all with the kill switch he put in place.

all Loving.all.knowing.god
Duncan Idaho
Sapper Redux said:

jrico2727 said:

Aggrad08 said:

Who said I hate Jesus? I don't think he's God. Seems like a pretty cool guy, though.

Whats the Gandhi line?

I like your Christ. Your Christians, not so much.
Zobel
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

I always took it as a promise of violence (I killed all y'all once before and I'll do it again, just not by drowning) vs a promise of hope.

The specific call out for water is suspiciously specific. It reminds me of a parent saying "oh you think this is unfair. Just do it again and see what happens."

The rainbow is actually the symbol of a bow. Setting down the bow means making peace. The implication is that mankind was at war with God, and God unilaterally made peace. This is like a fractal representation of the story of the scriptures.
Duncan Idaho
The literally goes counter to the actual scripture
Zobel
AG
Go ahead and show it, then.
Duncan Idaho
http://web.mit.edu/jywang/www/cef/Bible/NIV/NIV_Bible/GEN+9.html#:~:text=I%20establish%20my%20covenant%20with,flood%20to%20destroy%20the%20earth.%22&text=I%20have%20set%20my%20rainbow,between%20me%20and%20the%20earth.

I establish my covenant with you: Never again will all life be cut off by the waters of a flood; never again will there be a flood to destroy the earth."

At anything this is (I believe the current vernacular is) "calling an end of current hostilities"

Which is light years away from declaring peace.

The message here is "I've killed enough people including babies both born and preborn to satiate my rage but be warned, when you get out of line I won't be as nice as to kill you all with water next time it will be far worse, so tread lightly."
schmendeler
AG
Also, rainbows are circular
Zobel
AG
It seems like you don't understand what the word literally means.

Parsing the difference between declaring peace and ending hostility is pretty awesome. Second definition of the word is "a state or period in which there is no war or a war has ended."

It also seems like you don't really understand the scriptures at all. Like I said, this is a fractal motif; humans sin, sin causes their destruction, God unilaterally intervenes to save them. This culminates in the Incarnation and death of the Son of God, again unilaterally making peace with humans.

I don't really think it is for those separated from a text to ascribe meaning to it. At best you can say "this is what it means to me" but that isn't the meaning that the people who inherited and preserved it understood. After all it isn't as if this isn't the source of the dove being a sign of peace in our culture for centuries or anything.
Sapper Redux
Quote:

humans sin, Godcauses their destruction, God unilaterally intervenes in God's actions to save them.

Fixed it for you.
Duncan Idaho
You seem to think I ascribe this meaning to the text after separating from the faith and not that I seperated from the faith because I studied the text
Zobel
AG
That's unfortunate since your understanding is at odds with the tradition that gave you the text. Everything - from the NT through the fathers - show this as a foreshadowing of the new covenant. This is the problem with "what it means to me".
Duncan Idaho
It might be at odds with the tradition but it isnt at odds with the text (to the extent that an interpretation can be consistent with a text that is internally inconsistent)
Sapper Redux
Duncan Idaho said:

It might be at odds with the tradition but it isnt at odds with the text (to the extent that an interpretation can be consistent with a text that is internally inconsistent)

How dare you say a text that can't decide how many pairs of animals are on the ark is internally inconsistent.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.