Good example...

3,840 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by kurt vonnegut
PacifistAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
dermdoc said:

Duncan Idaho said:

Glad that we can agree that hassleback chick is a loon.
Obviously who you think is a loon is totally different than who I think is a loon. Hard enough to discuss on one of the two but combining religion and politics is doomed to failure. And the left is just as bad as the right when they try to use welfare as a religious thing.

Agreed.
dermdoc
AG
AstroAg17 said:

The Bible tells you to raise the dead? No wonder we all fall short.
I can't but He did.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Woody2006
AG
dermdoc said:

Woody2006 said:

I can't imagine something I would want less than a "biblical" president.

You guys have seen all the awful things the Bible tells people to do.

Like healing the sick, raising the dead, dying for others, loving your neighbor as yourself, doing unto others as you would have them do to you, etc?

I didn't say it was all bad
kurt vonnegut
AG
dermdoc said:

Woody2006 said:

Like healing the sick, raising the dead, dying for others, loving your neighbor as yourself, doing unto others as you would have them do to you, etc?

And how many of the good qualities listed apply to Trump?
dermdoc
AG
kurt vonnegut said:

dermdoc said:

Woody2006 said:

Depends on how you define Godly. Abraham, David, Solomon, Jacob, etc. would be considered not "Godly" by a lot of folks,
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
PacifistAg
AG
dermdoc said:

kurt vonnegut said:

dermdoc said:

Woody2006 said:

Depends on how you define Godly. Abraham, David, Solomon, Jacob, etc. would be considered not "Godly" by a lot of folks,

I imagine repentance would, at a minimum, be a requirement. Not sure any of them boasted of never asking for forgiveness. I do pray daily that Trump will take that first step and we'll see radical transformation in his life.
Zobel
AG
I don't worry about him one way or another beyond our prayers for him as the head of state, that all folks in this country can live out their lives in peace and sanctity. I don't have any grounds to condemn him, and I don't think it's helpful for us to encourage our faith to be a political football. Best to just remain silent and let people work out their faith between them and God, including those who may be using the faith in a hypocritical or manipulative manner. Essentially opening your mouth on either side of this issue just drags you into it.
dermdoc
AG
Amen
88Warrior
k2aggie07 said:

I don't worry about him one way or another beyond our prayers for him as the head of state, that all folks in this country can live out their lives in peace and sanctity. I don't have any grounds to condemn him, and I don't think it's helpful for us to encourage our faith to be a political football. Best to just remain silent and let people work out their faith between them and God, including those who may be using the faith in a hypocritical or manipulative manner. Essentially opening your mouth on either side of this issue just drags you into it.

Agreed..Only God knows what's in his heart...
Aggrad08
AG
Sure because they have some other qualities that are considered godly. Which definition of godly that you adhere to shines favorably upon trump?

AGC
AG
True to form, the atheists arrive to dethrone God and determine on their own what is godly (and who gets to judge it).
Woody2006
AG
AGC said:

True to form, the atheists arrive to dethrone God and determine on their own what is godly (and who gets to judge it).
Lol. When you think of Godly men do you typically think of serial philanderers like Donald Trump?

Gimme a break
kurt vonnegut
AG
AGC said:

I won't speak for other atheists. I only mean to challenge the Christians here who think Trump is 'godly' and 'Biblical' to defend such a statement within the context of their own faith. What do you think makes a person godly or Biblical and how does that apply to Trump.

I'm sure I have a very flawed understanding of Christianity, but I think I have the basics and I fail to see how much of what he does and says is even justified, let alone praised (or dare I say idolized) by Christians as being 'godly'.

I do, however, understand the Christians who see Trump as a greedy, narcissistic, lying, cheating, scumbag . . . . but also someone whose political ideology aligns closer to their own than does those on the left.
gordo97
AG
AGC said:

Why wouldn't they? They give another perspective instead of this place being an echo chamber. And a lot of them on this forum have a good amount of biblical knowledge.
UTExan
k2aggie07 said:

POTD

Edit to say that I approve this Trump policy:

RAB91

Heads exploding....
kurt vonnegut
AG
RAB91 said:

Heads exploding....

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.