Flat earth

34,720 Views | 345 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by third coast..
PacifistAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think only a fool would think it's mere coincidence that 'Jesuit' and 'Jade Helm' both start with the letter J.
DVC2010
AG
Since this thread is back, have some Mitchell and Webb:
IIIHorn
Great, Swim!

God bless you.
747Ag
AG
PabloSerna said:

BlackGoldAg2011 said:

chimpanzee said:

IIIHorn said:

So ...

The relationship between Catholic Church and mass invalidates all laws of physics in this discussion?
Well, that and the Fascism.
Don't forgot the jesuits
Society of Jesus? What have they done now?
They gave us Pope Francis? /shots fired.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
747Ag said:

PabloSerna said:

BlackGoldAg2011 said:

chimpanzee said:

IIIHorn said:

So ...

The relationship between Catholic Church and mass invalidates all laws of physics in this discussion?
Well, that and the Fascism.
Don't forgot the jesuits
Society of Jesus? What have they done now?
They gave us Pope Francis? /shots fired.

Que forum 16...
747Ag
AG
Quote:

Que forum 16...
Bunch of modernists...
Aggrad08
AG
PacifistAg said:

I think only a fool would think it's mere coincidence that 'Jesuit' and 'Jade Helm' both start with the letter J.

I'm utterly amazed he hasn't managed to use the other J group conspiracy, after all Holleywood would be very useful when faking all the videos.
swimmerbabe11
Why are you bringing the Utah Jazz into this?
747Ag
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

Why are you bringing the Utah Jazz into this?
The Bilderbergs had them moved from New Orleans.
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
Plan-o-menon said:

Can you prove the earth curves and moves in court? William Thompson in a Barrow County, Georgia court did not. The magistrate judge, Jaime Hutchins Crowe, did not award him the $15,000 for which he sued.

Court Case:

"Plaintiff William Thompson vs Defendant Zen Garcia
Plaintiff: Suing the defendant for $15,000, believing that he had honored the rules of a contest put forth by Zen Garcia as to whether the earth possessed a measure of curvature defined by the formula of eight inches per mile inversely squared according to the distance of such calculation.

Thompson believed that he had satisfied the rules of the contest set forth by Garcia, and deserves just compensation. Thompson claims that he had developed two software programs which between them allowed the Earth's curvature to be measured. In one instance the software allowed for the measurement of curvature between the towers spanning an elongated bridge. The other, to calculate the amount of curvature existing between witnesses on the ground and others at the top of buildings when watching sunsets."

https://instagr.am/p/BynpK6dFibo
https://instagr.am/p/BynpMKbFLxU

The contest Thompson was suing over offered "$5000 to any individual anywhere in the world, the payout was contingent on somebody submitting two scientifically repeatable experiments, which could verify the curvature of the earth according to the rate and accepted formula for determining such declination, should the earth be a sphere with a 25,000 mile circumference. The contest ran from August of 2016 until November 2017."

It was "very clearly stated in the rule of that one would have to produce experiments which were verifiable in real world scenario and situation and which could be repeated by others in following similar scientific method.

Creating two software programs, one to measure the distance between towers on the Golden Gate Bridge and the other to measure the so-called curvature of the earth when watching sunset from both the base and top of a building, Thompson was never able to create or present any type of experiment which could truly confirm the rate of curvature as decided upon by mathematicians and scientists themselves for determining that rate.

He instead submitted several videos where he argued with me over the formula for determining measurable curvature. I implored him to conduct a simple laser test to see if measurable curvature truly did exist. Refusing to do so and attempting to argue from a hypothetical point of view, I had to let some point just simply not respond to his attempts to base his evidence on conjecture. If one is not going to look at the real world evidence, there is no amount of convincing to one that is dead set against open-mindedly examining facts."
So is it fair to assume you are simply going to ignore the fact that it was shown that your own presented evidence better supported a round earth model than a flat one? it seems like this is the likely case since you have moved on to posting new obscure factoids that have minimal to zero bearing on the discussion. why does a court decision that a plaintiff had not met the rules of a specific contest have any bearing on whether or not the earth is round?

also, the amount of irony dripping off that last sentence is impressive.
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
also i like the direction this thread has taken. lets start to ask the hard hitting questions, like, JFK, is he in a basement somewhere as a prisoner of the Jesuits or is he their supreme leader pulling the strings?
Plan-o-menon
"Any distinctive part of a receding body will be-come invisible before the whole or any larger part of the same body." Samuel Rowbotham, 1881

https://www.sacred-texts.com/earth/za/za32.htm?fbclid=IwAR1fX_thYmazN5cgt3xZV7gpvjk3bzBcelnD6rF4ZzV1BlBkWAvSmFaYEzE

https://instagr.am/p/BywkvdQF2P2
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
schmendeler
AG
I think it means what he thinks it means. The problem is that reality is in no way tied to it.
PacifistAg
AG
I wonder if holocaust jokes are common in the flat-earth cult. I would not be surprised, given how one's openness to one insane conspiracy theory tends to be an indicator that they are open to virtually all conspiracy theories. I would be curious if Plan believes in holocaust-related conspiracy theories.

What do flat-earthers make of gravity? If it's a flat plane, where is the center of gravity? One would think it's the center of the plane, but we are not pulled towards the center of the plane. We are pulled to the surface, which seems to only make sense w/ a spherical earth.

Also, I may have missed it, but when there's a lunar eclipse, how do flat-earthers explain the fact that it is always curved? Or the differing constellations that are visible from the northern hemisphere compared to the southern hemisphere?
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
PacifistAg said:

I wonder if holocaust jokes are common in the flat-earth cult. I would not be surprised, given how one's openness to one insane conspiracy theory tends to be an indicator that they are open to virtually all conspiracy theories. I would be curious if Plan believes in holocaust-related conspiracy theories.

What do flat-earthers make of gravity? If it's a flat plane, where is the center of gravity? One would think it's the center of the plane, but we are not pulled towards the center of the plane. We are pulled to the surface, which seems to only make sense w/ a spherical earth.

Also, I may have missed it, but when there's a lunar eclipse, how do flat-earthers explain the fact that it is always curved? Or the differing constellations that are visible from the northern hemisphere compared to the southern hemisphere?

For the gravity, technically if it was an infinite plane the direction of pull should still be down towards the vertical center of the plane. Even if it isn't infinite but is sufficiently large that the felt lateral gravity is nearly consistent in all directions it would have the same effect. Doesn't make it less insane but gravity could still work.

As for the lunar eclipse and constellations vs hemisphere, I believe the explanation given is "geometric optics" and vigorous hand waving
schmendeler
AG
Watching the Apollo 11 special on CNN. Pretty great stuff. I pity the person that thinks this is all a hoax.
ramblin_ag02
AG
Quote:

The experiment done by Gyula Szasz at the Zarm Drop Tower in Bremen, Germany disproved the universal acceleration due directly to mass. It proved acceleration is due to the charges of the bodies. Subsequently, other gravitational physicists prevented a peer-review process, and the Zarm tower does not allow the experiment to be repeated.
I'd never even heard of a gravity denier! This thread is the best!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Aggrad08
AG
Boo no more videos of people being wrong. Engage the posts and arguments. Pick one argument and stick with it to a conclusion.
swimmerbabe11
I'm all in. I want to believe you. Please in your own words explain to me that gravity isn't real.
PacifistAg
AG
He won't because he can't. That's why he's no longer even responding to anyone. He just keeps popping up w/ these nonsensical videos and links to his instagram account.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
PacifistAg said:

He won't because he can't. That's why he's no longer even responding to anyone. He just keeps popping up w/ these nonsensical videos and links to his instagram account.

I say we just start flagging his post... clean it up a bit. Or staff can lock the threads. Nothing productive coming out of them.

[That is the best thing to do. We have cleaned up this thread and if we accidentally removed valid posts we apologize. -Staff]
swimmerbabe11
I don't approve of deleting his posts. If being wrong was a delete worthy offense on r&p, I would basically be the only poster left.
PacifistAg
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

I don't approve of deleting his posts. If being wrong was a delete worthy offense on r&p, I would basically be the only poster left.

Just because you're part of the Jesuit conspiracy.

In all seriousness though, I'm all for letting wrong remain on the board. I agree with removing his posts, not because they're wrong, but because he's simply spamming the board with anti-catholic nonsense while refusing to respond or engage in actual discussion anymore.
swimmerbabe11
*entertaining anti-catholic nonsense
PacifistAg
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

*entertaining anti-catholic nonsense

Valid point
Plan-o-menon
The belief in a globe is a state religion. It can't be verified, and it requires believing secular prophets like professionals and technocrats. Government agents lie for money and power, yet people put faith in them not lying about scientific claims.

The worship of leaders is a collective wish and desire to be ruled by a state authority and power, it is a mythology. People actually want humiliation and slavery. The secular faith of people is a dogmatic fundamentalism.

"According to Doutt the gods in primitive societies are nothing but the personifications of collective desires. Myth, says Doutt, is "le dsir collectif personifi"the collective desire personified. This formula of Doutt could be used as an expression of the modern idea of leadership or dictatorship. The call for leadership only appears when a collective desire has reached an overwhelming strength and when, on the other hand, all hopes of fulfilling this desire, in an ordinary and normal way, have failed. The intensity of the collective wish is embodied in the leader. The mystical power and authority of the leader and leader's will is supreme law."
- Ernst Cassirer (1874-1945), The Myth of the State (1946), page 280

For the Christians in this thread, God told Job he was wrong to think he comprehend the Earth. It is blasphemy to say you can comprehend the vast expanses of Earth.
PacifistAg
AG

Quote:

For the Christians in this thread, God told Job he was wrong to think he comprehend the Earth. It is blasphemy to say you can comprehend the vast expanses of Earth.
lol that's your takeaway from Job? I wonder what God has to say about Holocaust jokes.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Star Wars Memes Only
You have to let this thread go the way of the flat Earth idea and die. There's no reason to resurrect it every so often if you're completely unwilling to engage the arguments presented by others.
Zobel
AG
At this point it's just spam. Vote it down
Post removed:
by user

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.