I approve of this message

4,407 Views | 124 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Texaggie7nine
PacifistAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Grimey said:

lol at people giving Retired the "you don't understand these people who don't value human life" spiel.

In reality, my embrace of nonviolence has nothing to do with my past, but is the result of my deepening faith in my nonviolent Savior. I simply couldn't get past the red letters, the prophecy that Christ committed no violence, and that we're called to be imitators of Christ. My past does serve to highlight just how radically Christ changed my life, which I've found to make my testimony more effective especially when talking to young people considering military service.

But my past, whether in Iraq or the West Bank, has allowed me to see many beautiful people who are grossly mischaracterized here in America. Some of the kindest and most generous people I met were Palestinian Muslims and Christians.
Super Chad Rufio
swimmerbabe11 said:

Do you think she drove anyone out of any temple? Do you think a single person walked away changed for the better because of her protest?

What did she effectively accomplish?

I wasn't at this event but I feel changed for the better having watched the video. So she accomplished that
Orko
AG
Super Chad Rufio said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Do you think she drove anyone out of any temple? Do you think a single person walked away changed for the better because of her protest?

I wasn't at this event but I feel changed for the better having watched the video. So she accomplished that

That's actually a good point. It feels like change is happening. Those of us who have seen our imperfect, but still Christianity-based society, and our churches be run over by a hedonistic/Satanistic/Ismlamacist alliance, aren't just going to stand around and take it anymore because the passive hippie portions of our religion tell us we have to. This lady, and others like her, are harbingers of the growing Christian resistance to unchecked ungodliness masquerading as progress. I feel massively inspired by her actions.
Remember, patriot, what they took from you. Your nation's identity, its religion, and its people are no more. Remember how we got here.
Grimey
PacifistAg said:

Grimey said:

lol at people giving Retired the "you don't understand these people who don't value human life" spiel.

In reality, my embrace of nonviolence has nothing to do with my past, but is the result of my deepening faith in my nonviolent Savior. I simply couldn't get past the red letters, the prophecy that Christ committed no violence, and that we're called to be imitators of Christ. My past does serve to highlight just how radically Christ changed my life, which I've found to make my testimony more effective especially when talking to young people considering military service.

But my past, whether in Iraq or the West Bank, has allowed me to see many beautiful people who are grossly mischaracterized here in America. Some of the kindest and most generous people I met were Palestinian Muslims and Christians.
The bolded part was the main idea of my point. Some posters of the alt-right persuasion try to infantilize the opposing viewpoints. "If you only knew what we knew." "You don't understand their incurable hatred of us." Etc. I was merely pointing out, that of all the people on this thread, you probably have the most real world experience with the people (good and bad) that they consider enemies.
Orko
AG
Grimey said:

PacifistAg said:

Grimey said:

The bolded part was the main idea of my point. Some posters of the alt-right persuasion try to infantilize the opposing viewpoints. "If you only knew what we knew." "You don't understand their incurable hatred of us." Etc. I was merely pointing out, that of all the people on this thread, you probably have the most real world experience with the people (good and bad) that they consider enemies.
I could be wrong, but the alt-right not having sympathy for the Palestinian Christians seems uncharacteristic of their positions on Israel. Are you sure you have that right?
Remember, patriot, what they took from you. Your nation's identity, its religion, and its people are no more. Remember how we got here.
swimmerbabe11
Sullys Guy said:

This lady's actions will make them think twice about doing this in the future and I applaud her for that

Lol they are going to think twice about tightening security so that people like her don't have access to share the gospel and that is the only thing they will consider.
swimmerbabe11
Super Chad Rufio said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Great! A real answer! You feel galvanized to spread the gospel which is a Christian's first duty? To spread and Express the message of God's sweet mercy and grace? His boundless love that caused Him to die on the cross and suffer persecution for the sake of our salvation?

Is that the change you feel? If not, could you explain how you have a changed for the better for watching that video?
Orko
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

Super Chad Rufio said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Great! A real answer! You feel galvanized to spread the gospel which is a Christian's first duty? To spread and Express the message of God's sweet mercy and grace? His boundless love that caused Him to die on the cross and suffer persecution for the sake of our salvation?

Is that the change you feel? If not, could you explain how you have a changed for the better for watching that video?
Please post pics and/or video of yourself spreading the gospel to the Muslims. If you have not done such things, then this lady, even if she only moved one of their hearts an infinitesimally small amount towards Christ, has done more than you.

Perhaps you are brave and have done such things, but I find that most Christians of the "do-nothing but judge traditional Christians for their shortcomings" sort, wouldn't have the courage to speak of Christ to a Muslim.
FightinTexasAggie08
swimmerbabe11 said:

Sullys Guy said:

This lady's actions will make them think twice about doing this in the future and I applaud her for that

Lol they are going to think twice about tightening security so that people like her don't have access to share the gospel and that is the only thing they will consider.

Lol!
swimmerbabe11
I have shared my faith with many muslims.

I taught a swim class for muslim ladies, so that they had a safe space to learn to swim and learn basic safety skills for their children.

I shared my faith and beliefs with them often while we interacted.

I've had many coworkers and friends who were Muslim and I never felt shy about talking to them about my faith or learning about theirs.

I believe my interactions with them have been far more effective at sharing the gospel than shouting at them or berating them.
FightinTexasAggie08
swimmerbabe11 said:

Super Chad Rufio said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

More Church of Nice madness. The Gospel according to the 1960's, the Jefferson's bible of Christianity with all of the annoying and troubling expectations and responsibilities cut out.

FightinTexasAggie08
Orko said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Super Chad Rufio said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Please post pics and/or video of yourself spreading the gospel to the Muslims. If you have not done such things, then this lady, even if she only moved one of their hearts an infinitesimally small amount towards Christ, has done more than you.

Perhaps you are brave and have done such things, but I find that most Christians of the "do-nothing but judge traditional Christians for their shortcomings" sort, wouldn't have the courage to speak of Christ to a Muslim.

From what I've seen most of the outreach to gays and trannies and Muslims or whomever comes with talking about how God accepts them and loves them blah blah blah. And the people are all like "omg I had no clue I was welcome as a gender queer satanic furry in church, this is awesome" then they happen to hear something that makes them feel threatened and they leaves.
Socially liberal NPC 888
swimmerbabe11 said:

I have shared my faith with many muslims.

I taught a swim class for muslim ladies, so that they had a safe space to learn to swim and learn basic safety skills for their children.

I shared my faith and beliefs with them often while we interacted.

I've had many coworkers and friends who were Muslim and I never felt shy about talking to them about my faith or learning about theirs.

I believe my interactions with them have been far more effective at sharing the gospel than shouting at them or berating them.

You were talking about your faith at work trying to convert Muslims and you weren't reported to HR? Talking about politics at work is bad enough, religion is much worse. I don't believe you at all.

Ah, nevermind you said interactions. So just normal conversations and not at all evangelizing. There is a massive difference between engaging someone in conversation and actually trying to convert them.
https://i.imgur.com/gys0RBa.png
swimmerbabe11
Matthew 28:19
Quote:

Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you

That's our job. The most effective way to do so is with love, compassion, and mercy. We are commanded to love our neighbors as ourselves. We are commanded love them until death. There is a reason we laud the martyrs for their sacrifice.

I'm not cutting anything out of the Scripture. I believe in being effective and efficient. What that woman did accomplished nil towards the great commission.

Quote:

But my life is worth nothing to me unless I use it for finishing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesusthe work of telling others the Good News about the wonderful grace of God.

She did none of that.
swimmerbabe11
PacifistAg
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

Matthew 28:19
Quote:

Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you

That's our job. The most effective way to do so is with love, compassion, and mercy. We are commanded to love our neighbors as ourselves. We are commanded love them until death. There is a reason we laud the martyrs for their sacrifice.

I'm not cutting anything out of the Scripture. I believe in being effective and efficient. What that woman did accomplished nil towards the great commission.

Quote:

But my life is worth nothing to me unless I use it for finishing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesusthe work of telling others the Good News about the wonderful grace of God.

She did none of that.
swimmerbabe11
Small interactions, inviting people to church, sharing your faith in a casual and kind manner is a far more effective method of evangelism than what she did. Being a Christian by being kind and devout in your daily movement is a wonderful way to share the gospel.

Besides, that video wasnt evangelizing, but rather a brutish attempt to piss on what she thinks is her territory.
ramblin_ag02
AG
Did you have them all go under the water to "practice holding their breaths" so you could "FatherSonHolySpirit" real fast? Ninja baptisms no takebacks
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jkag89
Sullys Guy said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Super Chad Rufio said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

More Church of Nice madness. The Gospel according to the 1960's, the Jefferson's bible of Christianity with all of the annoying and troubling expectations and responsibilities cut out.

Quote:

Fail to see how this quote from Pope Leo XIII fits in this discussion. Where have any of us been discussing the "rights of man?"

Darkness can only be scattered by light, hatred can only be conquered by love.
- St. John Paul II
PacifistAg
AG
"Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you"

"In everything...treat people the same way you want them to treat you"

"Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves"

More Church of Nice madness, I tell ya!
FightinTexasAggie08
jkag89 said:

Sullys Guy said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Super Chad Rufio said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Quote:

Fail to see how this quote from Pope Leo XIII fits in this discussion. Where have any of us been discussing the "rights of man?"

- St. John Paul II

Okay then, other than some sick idea of human rights, why should Muslims be allowed to blaspheme in the public square?
jkag89
Sullys Guy said:

jkag89 said:

Sullys Guy said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Super Chad Rufio said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Quote:

- St. John Paul II

Okay then, other than some sick idea of human rights, why should Muslims be allowed to blaspheme in the public square?
Exactly where did she blaspheme in that clip?
PacifistAg
AG
Quote:

Shhhhhhh. Nobody tell him about the more gentle approach Paul took on Mars Hill.

Then again, what's more blasphemous? Not believing Christ is the Messiah because you were raised in a different religion, or claiming Christ while promoting hate and racism?
FightinTexasAggie08
jkag89 said:

Sullys Guy said:

jkag89 said:

Sullys Guy said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Super Chad Rufio said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Quote:

- St. John Paul II

Exactly where did she blaspheme in that clip?

In that clip? It was the entire event celebrating Islam in Texas. That's *******ization of Nestorian Christianity that negates the sacrifice of our Savior's existence is blasphemy. If all Christians had the courage of this woman the world would be a holier place.
jkag89
FightinTexasAggie08
PacifistAg said:

Quote:

Shhhhhhh. Nobody tell him about the more gentle approach Paul took on Mars Hill.

Then again, what's more blasphemous? Not believing Christ is the Messiah because you were raised in a different religion, or claiming Christ while promoting hate and racism?
Life has to be a lot more simple when you label everything you disagree with hatred and racism
FightinTexasAggie08
jkag89 said:

50 year old men posting gifs of young women isn't a good look
PacifistAg
AG
jkag89 said:

Ugh....Clara.

Btw, have you seen the new Doctor yet? Tonight's episode was fantastic. Really love her in that role.
PacifistAg
AG
Sullys Guy said:

PacifistAg said:

Quote:

Life has to be a lot more simple when you label everything you disagree with hatred and racism

Not everything I disagree with. Just those that are filled with hate and racism, no matter how they change the branding.
jkag89
PacifistAg said:

jkag89 said:

Ugh....Clara.

Btw, have you seen the new Doctor yet? Tonight's episode was fantastic. Really love her in that role.
Hey enough of your irrational hatred of Clara! Anyways I went with Amy first.

No I haven't seen it yet, watching the ALCS right now. Ugh the 'Stros just gave up another run by pass balling and wild pitching the runner around the bases after a simple single.
FightinTexasAggie08
PacifistAg said:

Sullys Guy said:

PacifistAg said:

Quote:

Not everything I disagree with. Just those that are filled with hate and racism, no matter how they change the branding.

Yeah. You're still the same pothead burnout you were in the past as well. Congrats on the name changes, nothing but new branding.
jkag89
Sullys Guy said:

jkag89 said:

PacifistAg
AG
Jodi Whittaker is really good. Felt like a hybrid of 11 and 12. The first episode writing didn't feel like a DW episode, but the one tonight certainly did.

As a Rangers fan, I'll refrain from commenting on the last part of your post. Lol jk, best of luck. I predict Astros in 5.
PacifistAg
AG
jkag89 said:

Sullys Guy said:

jkag89 said:

Much better
Super Chad Rufio
swimmerbabe11 said:

Super Chad Rufio said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

I feel galvanized to see a Christian standing up against a heretic preaching a false religion. These days Christians have been socially conditioned to do the opposite (ie tolerate and love everything no matter what) which is a losing strategy. Especially when it comes to Islam.

In a lot of ways, Islam is set up to specifically exploit and reject the christian methods of evangelisizing. Islam, sure maybe technically a religion, is actually much more. It's a political structure and code of civic ethics as well. You are never going to be able to "spread the Gospel" to the Muslim nations because they will kill you for attempting it.

For all of Christendoms history dealing with Muslims, our people intrinsically understood they were a religious enemy for this reason. The solution was to simply keep them out of our lands. This was a winning strategy for both religions as there is enough room in the world for us to live separately as long as the Christians can keep Muslims from invading.

This is much harder to do now as our political governments have rejected Christiandom in favor of modern secularist "tolerate everything" humanism. While our nation's used to be able to use the power of the state to protect us from islams spread, now we must rely on the individual bravery of Christians. Like this woman in the video

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.