I approve of this message

4,334 Views | 124 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Texaggie7nine
PacifistAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
To claim the Great Commission is irrelevant because of the internet tells me one doesn't truly "get" the Great Commission. It's not just about regurgitating bible verses at people. It's about making disciples. It isn't just about intellectual knowledge of Jesus of Nazareth. It's about growing people into disciples of Jesus Christ.

To claim that Christ's command to His disciples about making disciples of all nations is irrelevant is a major problem.
Orko
AG
PacifistAg said:

Quote:

I'm not sure what the answer is. Islam was founded after Christianity and was set up in a way that makes it almost impossible for us to evangelize them. Specifically because Muslims are called to kill apostates (those who convert out of Islam)
Well, when one regards the Great Commission as "irrelevant", it's no surprise that they don't know the answer.

BTW, Muslims are converting to Christianity in record numbers. But, that wouldn't be the case if many had their wish and we killed them instead. In reality, I question whether many of these people actually want Muslims to embrace Christ.
Very cool. I am truly glad to hear it, but it sure as hell isn't happening because nobody is resisting the Muslims. As a matter of fact, if everyone did just pacify themselves in response to Muslim aggression, it would do nothing more than reinforce that religion's belief that they are not only superior to all others, but entitled to the fruits of their violence as well.
Remember, patriot, what they took from you. Your nation's identity, its religion, and its people are no more. Remember how we got here.
Frok
AG
Kanye West would approve
PacifistAg
AG
I don't think you understand what pacifism is, which seems to be quite common among your tribe given how often it's misrepresented here. The testimony of Coptic Christians facing death with love of their killers in their hearts is far more powerful than any bomb or bullet.

Also, do you agree with your fellow "advocate" that the Great Commission is irrelevant today?
kurt vonnegut
AG
pffffft. . . and you all thought the 'while we were yet sinners' thread was bad. . .
vacating FL410
PacifistAg said:

I don't think you understand what pacifism is, which seems to be quite common among your tribe given how often it's misrepresented here. The testimony of Coptic Christians facing death with love of their killers in their hearts is far more powerful than any bomb or bullet.

Also, do you agree with your fellow "advocate" that the Great Commission is irrelevant today?
pacifism:

opposition to war or violence as a means of settling disputes: refusal to bear arms on moral or religious grounds

That's all well and good but sometimes you just have to kick some ass.
PacifistAg
AG

Quote:

Okay, and as a Christian, I believe we do that through the nonviolent, self-sacrificial love of enemies that Christ displayed on the cross. Our enemies are not flesh and blood, nor are the weapons we use to fight them.

Pacifism doesn't mean to simply sit back and do nothing, as many here like to present it. It is simply the rejection of the lazy and brutish means of violence, and instead focused on combating our true enemies as Christ did.
vacating FL410
PacifistAg said:

Quote:

Okay, and as a Christian, I believe we do that through the nonviolent, self-sacrificial love of enemies that Christ displayed on the cross. Our enemies are not flesh and blood, nor are the weapons we use to fight them.

Pacifism doesn't mean to simply sit back and do nothing, as many here like to present it. It is simply the rejection of the lazy and brutish means of violence, and instead focused on combating our true enemies as Christ did.
If someone breaks in my house I'm not going to negotiate with them. I'm going to use some "brutish means of violence" and save the taxpayers some money.
PacifistAg
AG
aggiesuite said:

PacifistAg said:

Quote:

If someone breaks in my house I'm not going to negotiate with them. I'm going to use some "lazy and brutish means of violence" and save the taxpayers some money.
FIFY. Don't forget the 'lazy' part.
vacating FL410
PacifistAg said:

aggiesuite said:

PacifistAg said:

Quote:

If someone breaks in my house I'm not going to negotiate with them. I'm going to use some "lazy and brutish means of violence" and save the taxpayers some money.
Don't forget the part about how you're going to suffer bodily harm while you try to love on and negotiate with the bad guy who breaks into your house.
PacifistAg
AG
aggiesuite said:

PacifistAg said:

aggiesuite said:

PacifistAg said:

Quote:

Don't forget the part about how you're going to suffer bodily harm while you try to love on and negotiate with the bad guy who breaks into your house.
Oh, I don't have fear of that. If that happens, so be it. My bigger concern is not denying someone future chances at redemption out of fear for my own physical well being.

There are 3 things in my home I'm willing to die for (wife and our two kids). There's nothing I'm willing to kill for (my wife and kids all feel the same).
Orko
AG
PacifistAg said:

aggiesuite said:

PacifistAg said:

aggiesuite said:

PacifistAg said:

Quote:

Oh, I don't have fear of that. If that happens, so be it. My bigger concern is not denying someone future chances at redemption out of fear for my own physical well being.

There are 3 things in my home I'm willing to die for (wife and our two kids). There's nothing I'm willing to kill for (my wife and kids all feel the same).
Holy crap! Seriously!?
Remember, patriot, what they took from you. Your nation's identity, its religion, and its people are no more. Remember how we got here.
PacifistAg
AG
Orko said:

PacifistAg said:

aggiesuite said:

PacifistAg said:

aggiesuite said:

PacifistAg said:

Quote:

Holy crap! Seriously!?
See this is just evidence that people don't understand nonviolence and don't actually pay attention to what is being said by those who you may disagree with. Of course there's nothing I'm willing to kill for. My wife will say the same. My children will say the same. There absolutely are things we are willing to die for though.
FightinTexasAggie08
PacifistAg said:

aggiesuite said:

PacifistAg said:

aggiesuite said:

PacifistAg said:

Quote:

correct me if I'm wrong, but there's nothing you're willing to mace for; or stun for; or punch for, either...correct?
PacifistAg
AG
Sullys Guy said:

PacifistAg said:

aggiesuite said:

PacifistAg said:

aggiesuite said:

PacifistAg said:

Quote:

correct me if I'm wrong, but there's nothing you're willing to mace for; or stun for; or punch for, either...correct?
I'm not willing to use violence. You know this. No matter what conditions you set, my answer will be the same. I reject all use of violence.
FightinTexasAggie08
PacifistAg said:

Sullys Guy said:

PacifistAg said:

aggiesuite said:

PacifistAg said:

aggiesuite said:

PacifistAg said:

Quote:

I'm not willing to use violence. You know this. No matter what conditions you set, my answer will be the same. I reject all use of violence.
Yes, I just want to keep you intellectually honest; since you say there's nothing you'd be willing to kill for. Really there's nothing you'd be willing to punch for.
PacifistAg
AG
Sullys Guy said:

PacifistAg said:

Sullys Guy said:

PacifistAg said:

aggiesuite said:

PacifistAg said:

aggiesuite said:

PacifistAg said:

Quote:

Yes, I just want to keep you intellectually honest; since you say there's nothing you'd be willing to kill for. Really there's nothing you'd be willing to punch for.
Intellectual honesty has never been my problem. I don't know how many times it must be said. I reject any use of violence as a means of conflict resolution.
jkag89
PacifistAg said:

Jodi Whittaker is really good. Felt like a hybrid of 11 and 12. The first episode writing didn't feel like a DW episode, but the one tonight certainly did.
I finally watched the second Whitaker episode last night and enjoyed it immensely. I really like her as the Doctor, I enjoy the optimism that was missing with Capaldi's version. The only thing a can quibble with is the new interior of the TARDIS and that is just a matter of getting use to it.

Quote:

As a Rangers fan, I'll refrain from commenting on the last part of your post.

Quote:

I predict Astros in 5.

I don't think it is going to be that easy but the think the Astros will advance to the WS.
PacifistAg
AG
Yeah, I'm with you on the TARDIS interior. It's gonna take some time. I do love the changes to the exterior of the TARDIS. I also loved the look on her face when the TARDIS materialized. "Come to daddy...I mean mummy". Loved it!

And not much I can say about the Rangers. We suck. Y'all are awesome. Tip of the cap from this Rangers fan.
Woody2006
AG
Lol crazy religious nutbags

(lady on video, not calling you guys that)
Texaggie7nine
swimmerbabe11 said:

I just want to know what the posters applauding her think she accomplished.
Chest beating anti-non white aggression. Right up their alley.
7nine

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.